It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I firmly agree that this technology belongs in the hands of ALL people and not just government or select organizations.
Respecting Mr. Rossi's work and intellectual property as well as the potential financial rewards due him and his family, there is a factor of concern in giving the 'crazys' who deem it is Allah's will to do harm to any man using this technology....

Consider that one of the highest chemical explosives ever made has a specific energy potential of 1 using a volume of 1.0 units. This places the requirements of course to be able to find that much specialized explosive material and enable it to be used desructively.

Mr. Rossi's system is based on easy to find elements and repectively has the energy potential of 1000000 times greater in the same volume just based on the pressure potentials.

So yes I am concerned, however perhaps with this new power we can give many, the energy opportunities to develop their world so they do not want to harm ..... ( Now that IS a fiction ) !
edit on 29-10-2011 by jeffsmathers because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Even if this were the real deal, it won't be free. First its still too big, elaborate, and cumbersome; we can't have that setup in our homes. At best, a power company will still run and maintain it; distribute its power to its PAYING customers.

Second, I heard the word "millions" in R&D. They'll want to make that back ASAP.

I really hope this thing ain't destroying water that will never make it back to the water cycle or we'll end up having wars over water instead of oil eventually. Also, that means this isn't new technology and isn't green.

The successful test should pave the way for further work at the University of Bologna, and more contracts with the enigmatic customer. NyTeknik did discover one possible clue to their identity. The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel". This suggests that the mystery customer might be DARPA, the Pentagon's extreme science wing which, as Wired.co.uk has previously noted, has expressed interestin Rossi's work -- but which might not be quite ready to explain to its political masters why it spent millions on a cold fusion device.

Plenty of mysteries remain. But the game just got a lot more interesting
DARPA is suspected of being the anonymous US customer
edit on 29-10-2011 by reject because: DARPA

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

Ok so for the ley man, has this guy made free energy?
And if so, how many times have we heard this claim and have seen videos?
I will not expect to see a free PG&E bill any time soon, theres too much money to be made.
This will go away just like any of the other claimants.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So, as I asked several pages back, there is no independent verification? If there isn't, then for all intents and purposes this is a non-event in my opinion. Let me know when there is independent verification and peer review. If it standsup to that, then it will be a huge breakthrough. Until then, it's just a claim.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Ohh wait ... Independent Nobel Scientist tests it for 12hrs on his own.. just no core access

Nobel physicist Brian Josephson will be given access to the eCat in order to perform a test lasting at least 12 hours, according to an entry on Daniele Passerini’s blog, 22passi. Once again, although a successful run will not satisfy some critics, it is yet another example of Rossi confounding the expectations of those predicting evasive behaviour. Professor Josephson will inspect, measure and weigh the internal volume and its components as he wishes and will perform measurements on the work done to a secondary circuit (after picking up energy via a heat exchanger).

ecatnews.com...

Did that really happened? From what I read on that site, it looked like someone made a mistake and Brian Josephson was not expected on the test.

That's the biggest problem I see with this case, many people saying that other people said something about someone else, but too few direct comments.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel
Since gamma radiation is produced, it is very doubtful you will ever get one of these in your home. Accidentally or maliciously releasing gamma radiation into the environment would make this technology very controlled like existing nuclear plants.

The claim is that radiation is indeed produced (hence the lead shield inside the reactor devices)...but as soon as the pressure drops and/or the reaction stops (eg. by opening the device, turning off the device etc.) there is no radiation produced anymore and also not emitted from the device.

As for home-use...i have no idea whether that would be thinkable.

I just remembered he CLAIMS having gotten the required European CE certification already..which is a safety certification each device here needs to have to even use it at home. This is, to say it mildly, "astonishing"...since i cannot for the life of it imagine that a device IN TESTING which is basically a nuclear reactor gets a CE certification AT THIS POINT already!?

HOWEVER - now let's just assume this is all legit and the device works and exists...it would definitely be a huge improvement over existing nuclear tech...since you simply cannot "open" a nuclear reactor (like he claims you can do with his device)...let alone the BIIIIG problem of nuclear waste etc..etc..

Don't forget that microwaves etc. would also produce harmful radiation (in theory they could fry a person
) - however no one seriously would consider operating microwaves at home a big risk.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by reject
reply to post by Arken

Even if this were the real deal, it won't be free. First its still too big, elaborate, and cumbersome; we can't have that setup in our homes.

Each device is ridiculously simple, really.
Also, the "container" is not one device - he connected 106 of them to make a 1MW "reactor". The actual devices for a home would NOT be big at all...
edit on 29-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I see a big celebration going on here.

Somehow I do not see it anything more than 'smoke and mirrors'.

I do not see the excitement in MSM that would build over such invention. This kind of solves the financial problems of the Western world. No more debt if you get another cheap source of energy that replaces oil.

The way these Italian scientists have come to the fore is very suspicious. Normally you have technologies developed in secrecy until these come to fruition, and then industrialized by big companies. Science is not politics that it plays out on TV. Science is big bucks.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Ohh wait ... Independent Nobel Scientist tests it for 12hrs on his own.. just no core access

oh wait - that silly claim is just a lie, Josephson did NOT test it, nor was he even present - why do you post such lies?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

The successful test should pave the way for further work at the University of Bologna, and more contracts with the enigmatic customer. NyTeknik did discover one possible clue to their identity. The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel". This suggests that the mystery customer might be DARPA, the Pentagon's extreme science wing which, as Wired.co.uk has previously noted, has expressed interestin Rossi's work -- but which might not be quite ready to explain to its political masters why it spent millions on a cold fusion device.

Plenty of mysteries remain. But the game just got a lot more interesting
DARPA is suspected of being the anonymous US customer

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The claim is that radiation is indeed produced (hence the lead shield inside the reactor devices)...but as soon as the pressure drops and/or the reaction stops (eg. by opening the device, turning off the device etc.) there is no radiation produced anymore and also not emitted from the device.

I guess my concern is that some unfriendly group might remove the lead shielding and start one of these things up in the middle of a mall for example. How much gamma radiation would be produced by these e-cats, and what is a safe amount?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Andrea Rossi needs to send out the plans for his device to every mechanical engineer that has an email address. If TPTB decide to take him out, his schematics for his device won’t go with him. That is of course this is the real deal…

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Even if this machine were only ten percent more efficient than the most efficient contemporary power generator it would be hugely important. I'm rooting for the guy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nicolas Flamel

I guess my concern is that some unfriendly group might remove the lead shielding and start one of these things up in the middle of a mall for example. How much gamma radiation would be produced by these e-cats, and what is a safe amount?

Problem is..how can someone evaluate the safety if the underlying science is not known?
Rossi claims the device is safe, i would have to look up if and how much radiation they measured inside the device.

Actually..i would need to study the whole theory of "cold fusion" to be able to say whether a theoretical CF device would be safe or not...good question...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Well then, why aren't we getting this show on the road?

Such an ingenious device that fuses nickel and iron (if I understand this right?) and produces efficient energy, why isn't this being taken advantage of? We wanted flying cars (we'll settle for nuclear powered ones) and # well its about time, 1984 has long since came and went.

Is it just that no one cares about progression anymore?

Or is this just a sick joke?
edit on 29-10-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by AceWombat04
So, as I asked several pages back, there is no independent verification? If there isn't, then for all intents and purposes this is a non-event in my opinion. Let me know when there is independent verification and peer review. If it standsup to that, then it will be a huge breakthrough. Until then, it's just a claim.

According to Sterling Allan, the witness from PESN and New Energy Congress who shot the videos there, the third-party company did have its own team of engineers there to help take measurements.

So perhaps if people are patient and wait a while longer, the third-party company might make a public statement or put together some sort of presentation

But right now, they've only had one day since the test. That's not very much time........

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludwigvonmises003
Andrew Rossi will be dead in 3...2....1... fire.

DOE and big oil/big power and the bankers will never allow cheap and free energy sources.They want energy poverty

I hate it when people, with glee, have greater faith and hope in the devil, than in God.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

DARPA are investing in the rossi e-cat, are they known for their stupidity or being at the cutting edge of breakthrough technology?

Because of the classified nature of DARPA itself it is difficult for anyone on the outside to do more than guess as to the technological savvy of the specific department of the DOD holding the purse strings.

I would point out that because cutting edge technological development plays such a fundamental role specifically within DARPA there is a substantially greater rate of attrition and program failure than what more conventional development programs would consider acceptable.

As former DARPA Director Charles Herzfeld noted in 1975, "When we fail, we fail big." Little has changed. According to DARPA's current chief, some 85%-90% of its projects fail to meet their full objectives.

DARPA's Wild Kingdom

Because of its highly specialized mission DARPA is rumored to have a unique administrative structure that has been used as a template to increase efficiency in a number of other Federal programs to increase productivity and reduce operational expenses.

How far that may go to balance the disproportionately large percentage of program failure inherent to all experimental research is not readily discernable with the humble pedestrian resources available to yours truly at this moment in time.

In recent years, DARPA’s success has inspired efforts to replicate DARPA at other Federal agencies – notably in the Department of HomelandSecurity, Department of Energy, Department of Health and Human Services, and in the Intelligence Community.

So the questions become, “How does DARPA do it? What are the features of DARPA that have made it so successful in its mission?”

Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency

The U.S. spent hundreds of millions of dollars spread across dozens of diverse programs to study and develop "psychic" phenomena, many of whom were compartmentalized within DARPA .

Spread over 40+ years in a futile effort to develop and utilize various "psychic" phenomena. The entire program proved to be ineffectual, with the last experiments discontinued a few ears ago.

Depending on your personal beliefs on the subject some might consider the entire psychic program "stupidity".

There was a movie recently titled The Men Who Stare at Goats starring George Clooney that told part of the story from a slightly...errrr...alternative... viewpoint
, anyone who frequents ATS should check it out when they can.

I will make sure to post the new info on the current E-Cat run as well as some more information on Rossi a bit later.

My apologies for the inconvenience but the real world requires my attention for a short while.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Drunkenparrot because: syntax

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

This is the argument given by the people who want to believe in this, however we have never seen a device running longer than a few hours. CONTRARY to his claims that the device can produce power for "days, weeks, months". "Watts are an unit of work" ---> They only measured the temps/steam..did not connect a generator/turbine (for generating actual power) and did not consume the created energy (Why is that? Is this hard???) .. have a device somewhere *demonstrating* how it powers something. Why is that?

No organization has been able to pull of what he did to this day. He does not have the support of kiddie science behind him, rather some real articles that will scrutinize his process down to the atom. That kind of attention alone means he has mainstream attention here, like no body else has been able to attract. These people do not show up unless they have studied this system and they feel there is value in his work.

You could also quote the rest of what I said about "Watts are a unit of work"..... It was there for a reason.

"WATTS are a unit of work, it is power, meaning the system was under a load that was consuming 475 KW per hr. not to be confused with voltage or amperage which can be measured but meaningless unless applied to a load - I=E/R, P=I*E - "

Again, it does not matter temps, steam, etc... In order to claim power output, and put it in watts, that means there was a load on the output that consumed 475 kw per hour. This is the R in resistance. You can simulate a load like that by just putting the output to a transformer immersed in oil, just like is done in any electronic test lab when you need to determine how much power you are really supplying. The load pot is a calibrated resistance that can absorb the energy without overheating, and has an adjustment that can vary that resistance. When you keep applying load, and then the needle starts to go the other way (The Null Point) , you take your reading. That is how you know how much power you are generating. You do not connect equipment to the load, because you have no way of telling deficit or surplus in what you are applying. This is standard equipment in high voltage power supply design, and if you did not know that, then now you do.
edit on 29-10-2011 by charlyv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Nice find Arken. Thanks for sharing this to us.

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join