It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by eroutt
like me! i would love it if ATS would create a new forum for new energy devices.

They already have such a forum - it is known as the HOAX forum!
yes, but none are building a free energy device that actually works!

a hoax forum! is what most closed minded people would call ATS! it is your opinion and i respect that!

every one see's free energy in there own way! to me its something like a water fall its free from myself having to power it to get that water fall to work! its freely usable energy! its like UFOs people always think aliens!

edit on 29-10-2011 by eroutt because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

every one see's free energy in there own way! to me its something like a water fall its free from myself having to power it to get that water fall to work! its freely usable energy! its like UFOs people always think aliens!

But then i dont understand, why you want to restrict yourself to at best dubious "free-energy"-devices like this cold fusion stuff. There are plenty of methods around to use your kind of free energy. Install some solar cells on your house or something like that.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel is a breakthrough? Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.

Well, actually, fusion (whether hot or cold) does use fuel. It uses hydrogen and deuterium (possibly tritium) to produce helium and energy. So the idea it is fuel-less is completely wrong.

That said, it does appear to be a breakthrough and I wish the researchers the best of luck in continuing their work. Fusion has potential to be cheap, plentiful nuclear energy without the nasty radioactive waste products.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
For many of you who simply use the term 'HOAX' as a skeptical banter, please do research of the the history and science that has been done in this field as well as the caliber of scientists that have done the many years of work leading to this.

Please feel free to feel like the idiots you are, much like those who preceded you who said 'man will never fly' or many of the other 'snippets' of shortsighted mental failures.

Yes, there have been many failures and some hoaxes as well, however this is not the case concerning Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer ... You will be pleasantly suprised in a few weeks that your ignorance is independent of the results concerning this science and engineering feat.

You may wish to take a lesson as many have done before you, and wash your feet prior to insertion into your oral cavity.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

i would love it if ATS would create a new forum for new energy devices. i am sure others would love to see what people are building at home. its amazing!

I don't think this belongs into a forum along with Aliens, Nibiru and the Yeti. If you really have an amazing invention, go the scientific way. If its legit, you wont have a problem wooing every scientist. Or call History Channel or whoever...i am sure they would be glad making a show about this amazing discovery.

The fact that you did NOT..and instead consider to publish your invention on a fringe-subject forum...rather raises eyebrows...IMO...

so talking about ufos and freaking big foot is ok! but free energy sources are to far ! you sure made my day.
lol! ok yeah the scientific way. most 80% of inventions never see the light of day no matter how scientific thy are! it all come's down to paying this paying that tall your blue in the face.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeffsmathers

however this is not the case concerning Andrea Rossi's Energy Catalyzer ...

And you know that exactly why? Because Mr. Rossi says so? Because there was some demonstration under dubios circumstences? If he really had a working cold-fusion device it would be far wiser to choose the earnest way and let other scientists confirm it working.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
can someone please inform me who is experienced on this. I see threads pop up about this all the time but most people I talk to (mostly military) dont even think its close to being available..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by roswell1987

On October 28th of 2011, a very important, private test of Andrea Rossi's one megawatt E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) will take place ... This upcoming test will not be conducted by Rossi, but will be managed by the expert consultants sent by his currently undisclosed customer, to validate the plant prior to purchasing it.

Independent by the purchaser.... they bought the device, what is the problem......

peswiki.com...:October_28%2C_2011_Test_of_the_One_Megawatt_E-Cat

A continous Blog of the Andrea Rossi Ecat.

Ohh wait ... Independent Nobel Scientist tests it for 12hrs on his own.. just no core access

Nobel physicist Brian Josephson will be given access to the eCat in order to perform a test lasting at least 12 hours, according to an entry on Daniele Passerini’s blog, 22passi. Once again, although a successful run will not satisfy some critics, it is yet another example of Rossi confounding the expectations of those predicting evasive behaviour. Professor Josephson will inspect, measure and weigh the internal volume and its components as he wishes and will perform measurements on the work done to a secondary circuit (after picking up energy via a heat exchanger).

ecatnews.com...

When has he kept this a secret from other scientists, just the proprietary tech... the CORE....and it is dubious

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Looks very promising....

I'm just gonna disregard the skeptics on this one, because if it true, it is something that has the potential of R3VOLUTIONIZING the world as we know it.

Rather than we think it impossible, let's focus our minds for a better world, and as much as you despise, miracles do happen. But this is nothing out of the blue, this is science. It just seems to me change is knocking at your door and your down right ignoring it.

Wake up, Peace

edit on 29-10-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

FREE ENERGY!!

Who's with me?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerPeace2012
Looks very promising....
I'm just gonna disregard the skeptics on this one, because if it true, it is something that has the potential of R3VOLUTIONIZING the world as we know it.

If it is indeed working, why should skepticism stop this from happening?

I rather choose skepticism..and THEN being positively (!) surprised that it would indeed work (despite my initial skepticism) - as opposed to choosing blindly believing and hoping "for a better world"...just to find out it was all a big scam (with the added effect feeling like a fool because you fell for it).

In other words: As a skeptic i don't have anything to lose.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I have a marginally off topic point I would like to address, thank you in advance for indulging my brief rant.

I have never seen another community that is so fascinated by science and technology that was so willfully ignorant of the principals and theory that make it possible.

I don't understand how so many people can form such strong opinions on a subject matter when they clearly do not have an understanding of the basic principals of math and science needed to understand the workings of more complex ideas.

Is it laziness on some folks part? I guarantee that if the ATS membership in question used a fraction of the time currently wasted on arguing bogus claims and fantastically improbable gimmicks and instead used it to refresh their understanding of subjects like Newton's laws of motion or the laws of thermodynamics.

Most would be richly rewarded for their small investment with the personal knowledge needed to understand many of these topics by themselves without having to rely on the opinions of others to provide an explanation.

I believe another fringe consequence would be a sizable reduction in the types of posts that depend on a certain amount of technical naivety on the part of the OP to be perpetuated.

Thank you all for both hearing me out and taking a moment to consider my viewpoint....

I need to run a quick errand for the Mrs. when I return I will add a bit more information I have picked up on Andrea Rossi and E-cat that should help to clarify the truth of the project's validity and potential (I know this is ATS, so I'll add the modifier that for some of you it may help to form an accurate opinion
) as well as address a couple of specific posts.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

The customer, apparently a large US company which has declined to be identified, will be measuring for itself whether the E-Cat does what it says before it will pay for it. Rossi has claimed that the device will output six times as much energy as it consumes. If it fails to perform, Rossi will not get paid and the customer will doubtless remain anonymous to avoid the inevitable bad publicity. If it succeeds, the customer might reveal itself to take credit for financing the biggest breakthrough in energy production of the modern era.

My bet is GE.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
i would rather follow the one that don't know. then the one that thinks he knows! i don't feel like falling off a cliff!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
It's very convenient to say the military bought it, as people expect them to deny it. Waiting for the official DARPA press release thanks.

And this amazing human being who will SAVE MANKIND with his revolutionary technology ... just sold it to the military ... cause he's worried it will be stolen and / or suppressed by big energy interests.

uhhhh ... yeah.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

If you think being skeptical has got nothing to loose, than being a believer would be no different.

I'm fairly neutral, and I know how powerful our mind is.

Just for the record I don't blindly fall for it, I simply observe.

Perhaps, ask yourself if this is in fact proven to be true? On the contrary if it's a hoax, then no harm done. In fact, I couldn't be bothered.

Peace

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tooo many pills

The customer, apparently a large US company which has declined to be identified, will be measuring for itself whether the E-Cat does what it says before it will pay for it. Rossi has claimed that the device will output six times as much energy as it consumes. If it fails to perform, Rossi will not get paid and the customer will doubtless remain anonymous to avoid the inevitable bad publicity. If it succeeds, the customer might reveal itself to take credit for financing the biggest breakthrough in energy production of the modern era.

My bet is GE.

And there are a thousand other companies out there with the ability to manufacture and sell these devices to bring cheap, clean energy to the world ... if it were real.

All he has to do is license the technology and get companies that can bring it to market to start developing and manufacturing it. And many would. And such a licensing plan would ensure ... via precedent ... his legal ownership and control of the technology. Better than any patent could.

That's why I just don't believe it's real. It don't add up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Very interesting. Given the tainted past of cold fusion, it's no wonder people are skeptical. If other labs can produce the same results, it could change the world.

My understanding of this process is that the fusion does not involve hydrogen to helium fusion (like our sun or a tokamak reactor). Rather hydrogen atoms fuse with Nickel atoms (atomic number 28) to form unstable Copper atoms (atomic number 29).

Since the copper atom is now unstable, it spins off an electron and a positron (matter antimatter opposites) to create a more stable copper atom. When the electron and positron collide, they create a matter-antimatter reaction releasing gamma radiation and heat. It's the antimatter/matter annihilation that produces the extra "energy" in terms of heat.

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com...

Since gamma radiation is produced, it is very doubtful you will ever get one of these in your home. Accidentally or maliciously releasing gamma radiation into the environment would make this technology very controlled like existing nuclear plants.

Gamma rays and neutrons are more penetrating, causing diffuse damage throughout the body (e.g. radiation sickness), increasing incidence of cancer

en.wikipedia.org...

Hopefully, this doesn't turn out to be another "experimental error" type of event and the right organizations get access to it (i.e. NOT the oil companies).

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Please stop shooting this down based on infancy of the tech... 400w=1mw is good math, why friggin argue?

According to the observers, the generator connected and running (!) was more in the 500kwh range, i dont know where you get that 400W number from?

My PC psu has 800Watts....so its unlikely that a huge biodiesel gen would only have half of that

Short: The generator COULD be responsible for the measured energy, and that conclusion is NOT dumb seeing that the generator was ON and CONNECTED.
edit on 29-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

Most likely just getting mixed up. Back in Jan (I think it was), in a previous test 400W was input & there was an output of a little over 10kW.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join