It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Hoax

1) If you're the real deal you prepare a proper patent that spells out what you have so you can properly protect it. "Secrets" are for people that are lying

2) There's no need to build a 1MW power plant to prove the concept. This is grandstanding - and it's a primary tool that con artists use to misdirect attention away from the facts

3) Allowing independent testing of the technology is the ONLY way to prove it. That's how real science works (peer review, duplicate and verify)

If his technology was real, he could easily and instantly start licensing it to companies that would make it a reality. HE is the one suppressing his own technology. Therefore, it's a hoax. Simple logic IMO.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
spoor is such a Negative Nancy! lol Viva Fusion Reactor!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

I almost hope it is a hoax, because you know either way, in a week or two, no more will be heard about it.
I also hope I am wrong however...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by area6
Hoax

1) If you're the real deal you prepare a proper patent that spells out what you have so you can properly protect it. "Secrets" are for people that are lying

Is international patents are still pending due to the technology running counter to many stigmas on the patent boards.

2) There's no need to build a 1MW power plant to prove the concept. This is grandstanding - and it's a primary tool that con artists use to misdirect attention away from the facts

That was what was requested by his client. It wasn't his idea.

3) Allowing independent testing of the technology is the ONLY way to prove it. That's how real science works (peer review, duplicate and verify)

His interests and goal in life has nothing to do with proving it to you. With the examples we've had in history of inventors being ripped off (Tesla, for one), there is nothing strange about the halting speed at which he is revealing the tech.

If his technology was real, he could easily and instantly start licensing it to companies that would make it a reality. HE is the one suppressing his own technology. Therefore, it's a hoax. Simple logic IMO.

He is also the one mortgaging his own house to finance this thing. This could be the single most important finding in human history and evolution... wouldn't you play your cards a bit close? We've waited millions of years so I don't think a few days is going to kill us.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Every point you make reinforces my points if you really think about it.

If I had a nickel for every "secret sauce" business idea or magic technology I've had people hit me with over the years ... I'd could probably bail out Greece.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Every point you make reinforces my points if you really think about it.

If I had a nickel for every "secret sauce" business idea or magic technology I've had people hit me with over the years ... I'd could probably bail out Greece.

Fortunately, LENR is roughly 20 years in the making.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Rossi has said that the external power is to control the reactor.. it can power itself but it's less stable.. the result though is still supposedly FAR more energy output via heat than the energy going in .. and earlier tests have apparently appeased scientists who've studied it..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I have been an E-cat supporter since the beginning and one thing I can tell you is the derision that this subject brings out in people is amazing!

Focardi and Rossi have proven on 4 separate occasions now a working engine, The contractor is the US military, at least the largest anyway, Rossi retains all rights of Machinery and distribution the "contractors" get free usage of that technology. for petes sake will you let this information uplift you, it may take 10yrs for the tech to trickle out into everyday life and a little longer to reach the full potential of what we can do with it, this is a great discovery and the men should be given their do.

One last thing, yes there was a generator hooked up, it takes 400wats and turns it into 1MW (when the machine is operating at full power capacity) so I can forgive the generator that is using 2gallons of gas to make all that power. I can see in the future once this Ecat is in general use, harnessing the heat from conversion, to heat water for a steam turbine that will provide self sustaining energy to the Ecat, so all you will need is an initial jump to get the reaction started to heat the water for said turbine.

Please stop shooting this down based on infancy of the tech... 400w=1mw is good math, why friggin argue?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Hoax

Rossi has addressed most of this before.. he's been working on patents, he's been interviewed about this stuff, there's videos all over.. he has patents, but he doesn't have patents everywhere yet which is why he's keeping the catalyst a secret.. you have to obtain patents regionally, there's no "one patent to rule them all"

The 1MW demonstration was specifically for a buyer.. an American who wanted a demonstration at large scale .. the E-Cat is a commercial venture after all.. he makes no secret of that.. the buyer was apparently satisfied, because the purchase went through after the test yesterday.

He's had scientists there at previous tests and they were permitted to conduct any test they wished.. again, there's tons of information out there including interviews by scientists who've witnessed and tested the device themselves.. how about search before making such remarks

edit on 29-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
The customer is DARPA or associated organisation.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

So, this will never come out to save the mankind.
edit on 29-10-2011 by deckdel because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by area6

Yet he would invest millions at 63 years old in hope of a hoax?

I'm not buying that, yet... But with extraordinary claims comes you know what, he is probably under pressure right now.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Not that I'm backing him up here or anything but just a few points :-

Hoax

Agreed - but if it works, why give away all your secrets early? (This comment is not a rebuttal - I'm just looking at it from an extra point of view - I know you could easily come back and say that a competitor would not be able to claim originality if there was a clear patent in place - and you would be right.)

He did start off by inviting people to come and test the input and output of a single unit. Also, you don't have to prove something works to anyone in order to be able to use it for yourself (I know, he's trying to sell it...).... and you shouldn't necessarily have to show WHY it works in order to be able to market and it (notwithstanding safety checks). You just have to be able to show that it works for its intended purpose.

You could be right - but the guy did sell his own house - either he's that confident that he can trick everyone, he's miscalculated something and doesn't know he's not discovered cold fusion - or he really has done so.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel

The military has openly expressed interest in the Rossi generator in the past, as well as cold fusion technology in general.. they've even made investments to fund research in the past.. the use of the technology would be hugely beneficial for the military, there's no doubt about that.. HOWEVER.. they've been open about it, them being a customer and buying a unit doesn't end it's possibility for ever seeing production, if that was the case they wouldn't have allowed Rossi to make this demonstration SO public.. think about it.. it wouldn't make any logical sense...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LanternOfDiogenes
Please stop shooting this down based on infancy of the tech... 400w=1mw is good math, why friggin argue?

According to the observers, the generator connected and running (!) was more in the 500kwh range, i dont know where you get that 400W number from?

My PC psu has 800Watts....so its unlikely that a huge biodiesel gen would only have half of that

Short: The generator COULD be responsible for the measured energy, and that conclusion is NOT dumb seeing that the generator was ON and CONNECTED.
edit on 29-10-2011 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
From www.wired.co.uk...

NyTeknik did discover one possible clue to their identity. The customer's controller, one Domenico Fioravanti, apparently reports to a man whose title is "Colonel".

Just as I suspected.

The customer is Kentucky Fried Chicken.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Nyteskye because: typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
if this ever see's the light if day. it will be at a heavy cost to the people using it. if GE or whatever supports its use.
big oil will always be there crushing it every step of the way! big oil will not go with out a fight and we will all pay the price of there power! in the words of the famous metal band Metallica (sad but true!) this tech will only come from the inventors making devices in the garage. like me! i would love it if ATS would create a new forum for new energy devices. i am sure others would love to see what people are building at home. its amazing!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by deckdel

To be honest, I'd rather see it in the hands of our government (publicly) than to see it in the hands of a private corporation. Of course, the best case scenario would be if he open sourced the whole thing.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by eroutt
like me! i would love it if ATS would create a new forum for new energy devices.

They already have such a forum - it is known as the HOAX forum!

i am sure others would love to see what people are building at home. its amazing!

yes, but none are building a free energy device that actually works!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by flexy123

The original test done on a 400w generator

The above link has a discussion that was carried on last year about the Nickel/Hydrogen reactor created by Focardi and Rossi. So forgive me if the have upped it to 500w and 3 gallons of gas... still does not reduce the magnitude of such a large output of power from such a small spark...good eyes though.

And I called no ones conclusions dumb.... so yeahhhh
edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/08/11 by LanternOfDiogenes because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by eroutt
i would love it if ATS would create a new forum for new energy devices. i am sure others would love to see what people are building at home. its amazing!

I don't think this belongs into a forum along with Aliens, Nibiru and the Yeti. If you really have an amazing invention, go the scientific way. If its legit, you wont have a problem wooing every scientist. Or call History Channel or whoever...i am sure they would be glad making a show about this amazing discovery.

The fact that you did NOT..and instead consider to publish your invention on a fringe-subject forum...rather raises eyebrows...IMO...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join