It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

What i meant is, let us not reserve judgement until the machine is tested and replicated and proven to work consistently.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Heruactic

He's had every opportunity to present his claims in an open and honest manner yet be behaves just like every snake oil salesman. Judge away, i say.

posted on Oct, 14 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04
It is well established that Brian Josephson is a known LENR (Cold Fusion), supporter, he is publicly on the record about it. You can see him talking about it in this video. Link to video He talks about LENR at around 1:30 No doubt that it was him.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
a reply to: Fromabove

Fact is, you don't know for sure. I say, innocent until proven guilty. Let us see their machine disproven.

It would be, if Rossi ever allowed anyone to fully test it. He doesn't. He just keeps stringing people along saying any day now I will go commercial, and 10 years later, 15 years later, he is saying the same thing.

As this is not a criminal court, but science, it's "Fake" until proven "Real". So far he has proven literally nothing despite saying he will do the testing required, because he never does the testing required.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Which I covered in my post when I said he has not independently tested the device, so his opinion on it is meaningless. As in literally 100% meaningless. When he says he has tested the machine with zero interference from Rossi and he personally set it up so there can be no outside power source, I will listen.

Don't hold your breath for it to happen, your children's children will be dead before that happens.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

After the new report, I see full pages of comments here, all drawing conclusions based on no additional evidence and engaging in ad hominem attacks on various people involved. I don't see a single comment about the contents of the 53 page document which displayed "anomalous" 1200c+ temperatures for 32 days without any interference from Rossi.

Since we required that our measurements be carried out in an independent laboratory with our own equipment, the experiment was purposely set-up and hosted within an industrial establishment which was not in any way connected with Andrea Rossi’s businesses or those of his partners. The test was thus performed in Barbengo (Lugano), Switzerland, in a laboratory placed at our disposal by Officine Ghidoni SA.

Rossi supposedly set the reactor up in a lab provided by a third party, he had no further contact with the device and had no control over the power supply for the building. This lab had its own 3 phase power supply and the test ran for 32 days with harmonic analysers on the inputs and outputs of the device. The scientists had 100% control over the device and unlimited access to all known power inputs to the device.

So assuming we've eliminated Rossi having some kind of revolutionary remote power transfer device - how did Rossi fake temperatures of up to 1400c and continuous est power outputs of up to 2300W for 32 days? Calling James Randi..

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: yampa

The test was not independent and suffered methodological flaws. See previous posts in this thread to see why. These observations are not "ad hominems", they are legitimate criticisms, something pseudoscientists avoid at all costs.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

I've read all the posts. Tell me which ones you think show methodological flaws?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
On face value this demonstration looks amazing but, there is a big cloud of BS floating around this guy for years and years so until we know what is going on and how it works exactly, take it with a big grain of salt. If it really works as advertised what is he waiting for? This could change the world and be a new era in energy production.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: JimTSpock
On face value this demonstration looks amazing but, there is a big cloud of BS floating around this guy for years and years so until we know what is going on and how it works exactly, take it with a big grain of salt. If it really works as advertised what is he waiting for? This could change the world and be a new era in energy production.

The BS surrounding this could well be caused by the fact that Rossi is clearly driven by money. He sold out to a venture capital firm, so maybe that tells you everything you need to know about him.

Rossi being a profiteer doesn't mean there is no possible anomalous heat reaction in nickel hydrogen electromagnetic coil reactors.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

If it really works then he could be a very very rich man by now. Again we'll wait and see what the future brings.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

He is a rich man already, probably. He sold the rights to a billion dollar venture capital firm?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Got your point. Not defending the guy.

If it was my device, i would be as paranoid as Bin Laden on a bus tour of Washington D.C.

Guy is not crying wolf yet. 1 or 2 failed attempts or being called a fraud should not discourage him. If i built a super awesome clock i wouldn't want a guy accidentally breaking off a gear on inspection and claim it doesn't work later.
Even if its not a wonder device, if it requires outside power output, it still produces more power than being put into it. End result would be determining the costs of operating the machine vs the profit of energy released.
Open mind bro =D.
"If you stare at the moon long enough you may see a face there" ( there is no face on the moon)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic

Guy is not crying wolf yet. 1 or 2 failed attempts or being called a fraud should not discourage him. If i built a super awesome clock i wouldn't want a guy accidentally breaking off a gear on inspection and claim it doesn't work later.

What do you mean by "failed attempts"?

Also, this latest test, Rossi did leave the reactor alone with the scientists. Supposedly it produced an anomalous amount of heat?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Regarding the independency of the test. From the paper:

The dummy reactor was switched on at 12:20 PM of 24 February 2014 by Andrea Rossi who gradually
brought it to the power level requested by us. Rossi later intervened to switch off the dummy, and in the
following subsequent operations on the E-Cat: charge insertion, reactor startup, reactor shutdown and
powder charge extraction. Throughout the test, no further intervention or interference on his part occurred;
moreover, all phases of the test were monitored directly by the collaboration.

www.sifferkoll.se...

By definition, if the party who's claims are being tested are present/involved in the test, it is not an independent test.
edit on 15-10-2014 by GetHyped because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Rossi started his device and then shut it down 32 days later. In between this time he was not present and had no apparent access to the facility or any of its power supplies.

How did Rossi fix the reactor to output at 1400c and 2300W above input for 32 days? What method do you think he used to fool the scientists who wrote the paper?

The extra power has to come from somewhere, right? If the scientists have full access to all power cables and can not explain the extra 2300W - where did the extra energy come from?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

That is the question(s) being asked - and as I understand it it is being pointed out that there is not a good answer in the experiment - it does not adequately control the situation.

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

which aspect was not adequately controlled? which technology or chemical do you know of that can insert 2300W of above-input energy without being noticed by the instrumentation in the experiment?

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

see the posts by the people who have asked those questions.

the point is that if there is any "extra" energy then there is not an actual explanation as to its origin. Until such an explanation is forthcoming it is not possible to say where it has come from - by definition!!

posted on Oct, 15 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Aloysius the Gaul

Noone has posted a single technological critique of the experiment. You are pointing at posts that do not exist.

The supposed explanation to the origin of the extra heat is an interaction between hydrogen, nickel, lithium and the electromagnetic signals involved in the experiment. That is Rossi's postulate and those are the components that were involved in this experiment.

If the heat is not coming from some interaction with hydrogen, nickel, lithium - then where is it coming from? Give us a guess? Quote one of the posts you mention?
edit on 15-10-2014 by yampa because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join