It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
just to state the blisteringly obvious :

any demonstration of " free energy " has to be

1 - standing alone - with zero external support

2 - producing a mearuable ` work ` output

Correct, which is why this is nothing more than a hoax.

Why do people keep falling for these things?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Rossi holds the "customer" secret, WHO it is, no-one knows. For what it's worth..there might not even be a customer..it could be a very elaborate hoax.

It was probably a good idea to keep the identities of the "customer" and the engineering team secret. Disclosing them ahead of time would have put all those people at risk unnecessarily, don't you think?

Seriously, do you have no concept of security and taking proper security precautions?

Here is the problem: You don't do science and new inventions by speculating from one blog/site to the other....you look at data and verify data.

So how about you give them some TIME to do that?

Not even one day has passed since the test and you are already demanding that they disclose everyone's identity and all their data??

It's like I told you in the other thread - have some patience, give them some time, I'm sure they'll publish everything when they're READY to do so...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

Originally posted by Arken
and don't waste your time to deny the evidence.

What evidence? Just like the Orbo, they refuse to allow independent testing, they have a external power source and are after money. Why do some people believe every snake oil salesman that comes along?

Of course there are a series of articles at PESN and various threads here where others like you who blindly attack without doing any research have had to eat crow that site various sources and papers by prominent scientist around the world who have validated the E-cat So please quit spouting non-sense and do your homework...
edit on 29-10-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I am highly skeptical of the validity of Andrea Rossi's claims.

I have read quite a bit about the ECAT project and in all honesty it is flakey and has hoax written all over.

Andrea Rossi's record of criminal convictions including toxic waste dumping in a too good to be true oil reclamation scam, a conviction having something to do with a gold trading scam and a conviction for tax fraud reflect poorly on the honesty of his character.

From what I gather from the scientific community, they are split on the validity of his theory with most leaning towards ECAT being a clever hoax.

Anyone interested, give this a read and decide for yourself...

new energy times

According to PhysOrg, the demonstrations held from January to April 2011 had several flaws that make them lose credibility and Rossi has refused to perform several tests that could clarify dark points.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeTan
How long till the banks and profiteers buy out the plans and charge "maintenance cost" for free energy?

These first plants will cost around $2,000 per kilowatt to build one at a time, but once they are mass produced, Rossi expects the price to drop to around $100 per kilowatt installed.

Is there a huge supply of Nickle powder, isn't that leading to nickle being costly in the future and dependence again on a metal?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Early this year Andrea Rossi announced his plans to construct and test the world's first one megawatt cold fusion plant. The plant would utilize his E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology that utilizes tiny quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas as fuel, while producing large amounts of energy in the form of heat. Importantly, the energy is produced without emitting any pollution, utilizing any radioactive materials, or producing any nuclear waste.

Please God let this be true!!!

But I can't help but feel the cynicism and hopelessness of the other posters, that it's never gonna happen even if it is real because we are slaves and there's no way out of it.

Damn it don't let our pessimism make it not true this time.
Just let it be real for once.

What happened to the one that need only water to produce power?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Early this year Andrea Rossi announced his plans to construct and test the world's first one megawatt cold fusion plant. The plant would utilize his E-Cat (Energy Catalyzer) technology that utilizes tiny quantities of nickel powder and hydrogen gas as fuel, while producing large amounts of energy in the form of heat. Importantly, the energy is produced without emitting any pollution, utilizing any radioactive materials, or producing any nuclear waste.

Please God let this be true!!!

But I can't help but feel the cynicism and hopelessness of the other posters, that it's never gonna happen even if it is real because we are slaves and there's no way out of it.

Damn it don't let our pessimism make it not true this time.
Just let it be real for once.

What happened to the one that need only water to produce power?

Keanu Reeves fell asleep and forgot the formulae.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
just to state the blisteringly obvious :

any demonstration of " free energy " has to be

1 - standing alone - with zero external support

2 - producing a mearuable ` work ` output

Correct, which is why this is nothing more than a hoax.

Why do people keep falling for these things?

Why don't people read the thread title?

It says *nothing* about free energy.

It's Cold Fusion.

Hello? McFly?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
seems f*cky fake: high temperature plasma & strong magnetic fields need to overcome Coulomb forces because Nuclear forces act at too tiny distances. Amici, i gonna bet it's the f*King-$hitty fake

edit on 29-10-2011 by SarK0Y because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

The test was at the half power but: 470 kilowatt hour per hour of completely free energy, free of fuel is a breakthrough? Yes, I think this is a breakthrough.

Why do you ignore the generator that was constantly running and connected during the entire test?

Just another hoax. Remember the Orbo, with people making similiar claims about it, that was also a hoax
edit on 29-10-2011 by spoor because: (no reason given)

measured output of 470kwh while the 500kwh generator is running wow that is efficient!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Maybe it is a fake, maybe it is a hint of a start in the right direction...remember the power of modern electricity started with a battery made from a lemon...to think back then that we could power the world with such a force was met with equal doubt...we will succeed eventually...nothing will stop us in this quest...

"Mr. Fusion", is right around the corner and of this I am sure. Maybe not from this but it will happen

Welcome to the future.

I know the future is never fast enough...when I was in grade school the year 2000 was shown as a time of free energy, moon bases, and the family robot in every home...that didn't happen but it is indeed on it's way.

Patience.

and at least dream

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Arken

I am interested to see where this goes, however.

For a start, the US customer remains anonymous. In other words, a group of unknown, unverifiable people carried out tests which cannot be checked.

www.wired.co.uk...

Further observation is necessary. Can you explain to me the how this was done?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Some musings on Ni-H fusion:

www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com...

Although it has been a while since I graduated with physics, Im very skeptical about this until other scientists replicate and duplicate this in the laboratory under controlled conditions with peer reviewed articles.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Originally posted by ignorant_ape:
just to state the blisteringly obvious : any demonstration of " free energy " has to be 1 - standing alone - with zero external support 2 - producing a mearuable ` work ` output

Correct, which is why this is nothing more than a hoax. Why do people keep falling for these things?

You are both incorrect here. You should study the process, which is posted many places. E-Catalyst CF needs a jump start which sets up the reaction, then it goes self sufficient. Yes it is 'Free', and nothing says standalone has anything to do with free energy. If it cost $100 to start something that produces $1000 and hour after it disconnects itself, then it pays for it's jumpstart in the first 6 minutes of self-sufficient mode, as it runs from the energy produces by the cold fusion, using miniscule amounts of nickle and hydrogen. Secondly, WATTS are a unit of work, it is power, meaning the system was under a load that was consuming 475 KW per hr. not to be confused with voltage or amperage which can be measured but meaningless unless applied to a load - I=E/R, P=I*E -

Third, it is no hoax, the scientists there and the whole incredibly expensive and elaborate prototype... This is a promising development and deserves praise.
edit on 29-10-2011 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
And to break into another point...I have never thought that Fission or fusion was the way to go...we live on a huge dynamo...anyone who knows about magnetic lines of flux and breaking them with with a coil of wire will produce electricity.

How about the electric guitar for instance. Just a vibrating metal string above a magnet wrapped with a coil of wire...it produces an electric current, though small...it does however require a pluck from a pick or finger thus not totally free...nothing is free. The law of the conservation of energy dictates that energy cannot be created...only change it's form. However the Earth is a huge Dynamo of magnetic flux and to tap only a fraction could be enough to fuel our power needs...

Just a thought
edit on 29-10-2011 by Andronian because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
I have to agree, that until he shuts down the other generator, his claims that that this new device is producing power on its own is weak at best.

Maybe the additional generator was needed for some possible shut down process, but that should have been explained.

Looks phony, sorry.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The article does raise some significant questions. This could still be a hoax.
From Wired:

But this does not mean we can crack open the champagne and celebrate the end of fossil fuels quite yet. Skeptics have plenty of grounds to doubt whether the new test really takes us any further forwards.

For a start, the US customer remains anonymous. In other words, a group of unknown, unverifiable people carried out tests which cannot be checked.

Secondly, observers apart from the customer were only allowed to view the test for a few minutes at a time and during the entire test the E-Cat remained connected to a power supply by a cable. The external power was supposedly turned off; as a demonstration it would have been more impressive for the reactor in its shipping container to be visibly disconnected while operating.

You have a group of unnamed "scientists" who may not have been scientists at all.

You have an unnamed "buyer" who may not really exist.

You have a constantly connected power supply cable. If the external power was switched off, why not remove the cable? Wouldn't that provide concrete proof?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, so the best you can do is to find a balance when it changes from one form to another.

Isn't that statement in itself, actually a theory, not yet proven?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
S+F but...

Look, only time will tell the truth.

If this is true, and it did happen on the 28th of oct this year. Then a lot of people will have their minds blown away.

If this isn't true, and is a hoax. Then shame on the hoaxer.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Alkolyk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lance_covel

Originally posted by Fromabove

Energy is neither created nor destroyed, so the best you can do is to find a balance when it changes from one form to another.

Isn't that statement in itself, actually a theory, not yet proven?

I believe it's not provable in the long run.

Here is why:

Let's say I actually destroyed matter.
You would say "Where did it go?"
Well there is no evidence of where it went. So we are stuck at a mystery.

Did it just teleport to Pluto? No way to know honestly.

Also if I created it out of no where, you would ask "Where did it come from?"

There are no real solid answers to these problems.
So it will always be a theory, because it cannot be proven due to philosophical constraints.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join