It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: CrastneyJPR

Or, rather, it's a scam.

posted on Oct, 8 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   
It's been over 3 years now since the supposed "successful test" yet we've still seen nothing of the sort nor any independent testing. Lots of claims and dates that have slid by, we know no more about it now than we did 3 years ago.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

NASA scientist (Michael Nelson), endorses yesterdays E-Cat (Cold Fusion) report

Link here

New, Safe Nuclear-Like Process Exhibits Excess Energy Release, Isotope Change A comprehensive report by reputable scientists on a potentially very important technology was released yesterday that could herald the beginning of a new era of energy production, according to the New Energy Foundation.

If the E-Cat is real we will begin seeing endorsements from reputable sources.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   
a reply to: RING0

I can't find any information on this Michael Nelson person. Not that it matters, there's far bigger problems here. The "independent test" was, yet again, not independent. Rossi was present at the test and he has worked with the so-called "independent testers" before (i.e. they're NOT independent). Not only that, but the major flaws of the last so-called "independent test" (performed by THE SAME PEOPLE) were not addressed.

As usual, tall claims, fishy answers, another bitter taste in the mouth.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I am in no rush to get non believers to believe in this at all, if it's real it will be carried along by its own legitimacy and gravitas. Time will tell, the science in the report looks solid, the stuff about the changed isotopes is a smoking gun, really interesting. Think about it, what difference does it make whether I or you thinks its legit or not? It is a super important breakthrough if true, but time will tell. I will be watching and reporting on related news surrounding this, but I hold no grudge against the more cautious people like you.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: RING0Time will tell

Heard that one before. He's been pulling this crap for 15 years and all we get is promises that either don't deliver or shrouded in deception. All the hallmarks of a scam artist.

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
once upon a time - a long time ago rossi unveiled a big blue box which was alledgedly a super duper stand alone powerplant that could generate [ allegedly ] fantastical outputs from just a few kilos of nickel powder a dash of " secret sauce " and a few cubic metres of hydrogen gas

he showed it to a few people - but no one every saw what was inside - and it was never run independent of a 500kw genset

now its vanished - anyone else wonder where it went ????

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It ran out of petrol and disappeared up its own posterior?

posted on Oct, 10 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
I can't find any information on this Michael Nelson person.

Mike Nelson was from Mystery Science Theater 3000 -- with the robots making funny comments about bad science fiction movies. I wonder if that's the joke here.

edit on 10-10-2014 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Raleigh investor Darden still bullish on controversial nuclear technology

Raleigh investor Darden still bullish on controversial nuclear technology
This is an iterview with Tom Darden, he helped create – Industrial Heat, which acquired the rights to Andrea Rossi’s E-Cat, LENR technology.
Link to site with Darden interview here
From the article.

The E-Cat is not being developed without controversy. A previous third-party analysis of the device, published in 2013, was attacked by critics. Rossi, an Italian inventor and a convicted fraudster (convicted of tax fraud), has, himself, been the subject of global scrutiny. But Darden isn’t concentrating on the buzz or the skeptics. He’s concentrating on the mission, he says. “I don’t care who gets there first, how it happens,” he says. “I just want to see it happen.” And he’s had several high level conversations about the technology, such as one with Chinese officials on a recent trip to China.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 07:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: RING0

NASA scientist (Michael Nelson), endorses yesterdays E-Cat (Cold Fusion) report

Link here

New, Safe Nuclear-Like Process Exhibits Excess Energy Release, Isotope Change A comprehensive report by reputable scientists on a potentially very important technology was released yesterday that could herald the beginning of a new era of energy production, according to the New Energy Foundation.

If the E-Cat is real we will begin seeing endorsements from reputable sources.

Well, first, the "New Energy Foundation" is another name for Infinite Energy magazine, who also runs the PES wiki. Infinite Energy was never much of a magazine and now they're down to every other month.

GetHyped said he couldn't find any info on Mike Nelson. Well, there's a reason. I KNOW Mike Nelson. He came on at the Arsenal about five years before we left Huntsville.

While the "New Energy Foundation" likes to hype Mike as a "NASA scientist", the truth is, Mike has a Bachelors in industrial engineering. He's a plant manager. He can tell you how long it will take for a new metal brake to pay off, and he's great on how to line up conveyor systems to maximize assembly flow and the like, but he's not even a 'real' engineer - IE is what you end up with when you can't handle the math in a real engineering discipline like EE or ME. Much less is he a "scientist". Mike is also associated with NEF, NASA lets you moonlight, so Mike's fun job is tinkering around with "free energy". It's a personal bug with the guy.

So while NEF would like to present Mike Nelson as being some senior propulsion scientist from NASA who walked in to give his NASA approved blessings to E-Cat (or whatever perpetual motion machine they're pushing this week), the truth is he's a manufacturing process flow guy with a BS, minimal math background and no real engineering, much less physics, who works in their office part time.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Cold Fusion: A Better Study On The Infamous E-Cat

This reviewer is not convinced that the test was good.Link to site

Despite all the above important improvements, the study betrays one of its major shortcomings in clear already on page 7, when it clarifies that the inventor of the device took part in the experimental activities: "Rossi intervened to switch off the dummy," (the reactor unloaded with reactant) " and in the following subsequent operations on the E-Cat: charge insertion, reactor startup, reactor shutdown and powder charge extraction." This means that part of the test was conducted with the physical presence of Rossi in the critical phases. Here it is useful to remember one famous quote by Dick Feynman: "I believe a scientist dealing with non-scientific issues is as dumb as the next guy". With this I mean to say that the authors of the study, despite their curricula and scientific reputation, may have overlooked some simple trick. The absolutely mandatory requirement for an independent test is the total absence of the interested party from the scene.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Brian Josephson, British physicist and Nobel laureate (1973 prize for physics) has made a comment on the website of Nature regarding the release of the E-Cat

Link to Nature forum where comment was made

The most important news of the year, perhaps, not just the last seven days? The results of a new investigation into the Rossi reactor (allegedly a high-power cold fusion reactor), involving running the reactor over a 32-day period, are now out. The report not only confirms output power far in excess of anything possible by chemical reaction, but also gives a clear indication that a nuclear reaction is occurring, on the basis of a substantial change in the isotopic proportions of Li and Ni over the period of the run. The report, entitled Observation of abundant heat production from a reactor device and of isotopic changes in the fuel may be seen at www.sifferkoll.se... As before, I predict that pigs will fly before Nature makes any mention of the report, which has also been put on hold by the physics preprint archive arxiv.org (with an earlier report, a leaked email disclosed that the moderators were trying hard to find a reason to block the report but eventually gave in). Brian Josephson

Fairly significant development, Brian Josephson is a well known and respected physicist, his opinion should count for something.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   

First, there is no evidence that is actually him, second, he has never done an independent test, no one has. So since it's never been tested, no one's opinion matters.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

This is why I like OTS, you get intelligent replies, not a bunch of bobble heads who all agree that every crazy claim is true.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I like "ATS" for the same reason.

Attn: There is no such thing as "cold" fusion.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RING0
Fairly significant development, Brian Josephson is a well known and respected physicist, his opinion should count for something.
Josephson's opinion probably doesn't count for anything at all if the topic is trickery and not physics.

As magician James Randi has pointed out, to expose trickery you need an expert in trickery, a skill for which Josephson has demonstrated no expertise at all (consistent with your prior post).

The E-Cat is back, and people are still falling for it!

What we must do, when confronted with a claim that’s this extraordinary — that we have a device, at low-temperature, with neutral atoms, fusing atomic nuclei — is demand evidence that shows this is really true, and that we aren’t falling victim to some elaborate ruse....

I’m done pretending that this is science, or that the “data” presented here is scientifically valid. If this were an undergraduate science experiment, I’d give the kids an F, and have them see me. There’s no valid information contained here, just the assumption of success, the reliance on supplied data, and ballpark estimates that appear to be supplied “from the manufacturer.”

This is not a valid way to do science at all. And this is certainly not even close to meeting the criteria required for extraordinary evidence to back up such an extraordinary claim.
I held out small hope, maybe one chance in 1000 that Rossi wasn't a hoaxer, until the end of 2011, but by 2012 that hope was pretty much gone. The scientific incompetence of previous reports has been so staggering that I've completely lost interest in looking at more. It's like the boy who cried wolf too many times as the story goes, and I'm not the only one who is tired of "n-th claim of success of a long series that has led to nothing verifiable ":

Energy Catalyzer

In March 2012, Professor Ugo Bardi of the University of Florence wrote on his blog that claims made by Rossi regarding the emission or non-emission of gamma radiation, the location of a supposed factory – in Florida, or not in the United States at all – and the fact that some of his supporters are apparently deserting him, indicated that "... the E-Cat has reached the end of the line. It still maintains some faithful supporters, but, most likely, it will soon fade away in the darkness of pathological science, where it belongs".[13] In reply to a non-peer-reviewed paper submitted to the arXiv digital archive in May 2013, he added that "This is the n-th claim of success of a long series that has led to nothing verifiable and that has become rather boring."...

James Randi, discussing the E-Cat in the context of previous cold fusion claims, says that it does not work.
I'm not sure if Randi can support his claim any more than Brian Josephson, but from what I've seen of e-cat, Randi has more of the skills required to assess fraud than Josephson.

edit on 13-10-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arbitrageur

Nothing's ever clear cut with Rossi. For every grandiose claim he makes to the media about independent testing, scientific support, commercial contracts and so on there's always a few layers of misdirection. I remember back in 2011 when he was promising independent lab testing within the coming weeks. Did it happen? No. Then there was the big fanfare about a commercial contract. Were any verifiable details released? No. Now we have this ongoing dog and pony show about "independent" testing which is nothing of the sort. What's even more shameful is that the media outlets largely lap it up unquestionably.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Fromabove

Some scientist once figured out that energy cannot be created and now people keep spouting it like parrots.
Some people thought earth was flat once, and center of the universe...

Fact is, you don't know for sure. I say, innocent until proven guilty. Let us see their machine disproven.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Heruactic
I say, innocent until proven guilty.
Rossi was proven guilty and already served jail time.

E-cat

Rossi has a tumultuous history to say the least. ...he spent time in prison in Italy because his company was found guilty of environmental crimes and tax fraud.

As for his e-cat, it's not accused of any crime, so "innocent until proven guilty" is nonsense. If you were to apply any legal analogy it would be the civil criteria of "preponderance of evidence" and since his claim is extraordinary, the evidence should also go beyond preponderance to extraordinary in order to support his claim and clearly it does not. The so-called "science" of Rossi is far more incompetent than that of Pons and Fleischman, the originators of the cold fusion concept, who already admitted their own scientific failure, and they were actually scientists.
edit on 13-10-2014 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41  42 >>

join