It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by yampa

So you're not going to even attempt to answer my questions? That's ok, you've revealed more than you bargained for already. We're done here, if you can't even justify your own evidence then this "discussion" has run it's course.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Looks like Rossi just announced the release of the long awaited test;

Rossi’s all caps, not mine.

"THE TESTS OF THE THIRD INDIPENDENT PARTY HAVE BEEN COMPLETED YESTERDAY.
I DID NOT ATTEND, THEREFORE I DO NOT KNOW EXACTLY THE RESULTS, THAT WILL SURELY BE PUBLISHED BY THE EXAMINATORS, PROBABLY AROUND THE HALF OF APRIL. I MET THE 11 PROFESSORS AND EXPERTS THAT MADE THE TESTS WHEN THEY ENDED THEIR WORK AND THEY WERE VERY POSITIVE. ONE OF THEM TOLD ME ” WE GOT EVIDENCE THAT THE ‘ EFFECT’ IS REAL BEYOND ANY REASONABLE DOUBT”.

Rossi Blog Reader

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
Looks like Rossi just announced the release of the long awaited test;

he did? care to link us to the test results then.... I know it has only been 18 months before it was first tested, and still no 3rd party test results.... just a scam!

Just like the other scam, the Orbo.... now what happened to that?
edit on 25-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-3-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Yes,... they will be released sometime in 2022, seriously though, who knows what Rossi really has or not? He is saying that they did indeed finish the third party tests and that the testers were positive. Does that mean the Ecat is real? No of course not, but if the test report is as he says, that will be big news. Like you said, when we see the actual third party independent results, then we'll believe it! As far as it being a scam, anything is possible, including the possibility that it may be real. I think we will get some evidence very soon, that is why I posted the entry from Rossi's Blog, it is news about his claims.

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

just like the other scam, the Orbo.... now what happened to that?[

That was a good one, lots of claims, never validated, a waste of everyone's time and energy. I hear that Orbo is still trying to sell the concept as real. Maybe the inventor really thinks it can one day be made to work, why else would he continue with a disproved device? I did follow that story, it didn't end well, just as it may end for Mr. Rossi if he doesn't have something concrete soon. I do suspect that he has something going on there, too many other researchers are seeing LENR effects, it is a matter of the magnitude of Rossi's claims, he says he is making much more energy compared to the other LENR researchers. That is why we need to see the so called report, if it is real, that will be really big news,..... however unlikely, it could happen

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

How many people do you know who were scammed by the Orbo thing? Do you know anyone who lost money? What did you think of their theory of operation? I read one of their papers and the theory sounded interesting, almost valid.

I've pretty much stopped paying attention to Rossi because he doesn't release proper information and has stated he will never do so again until the product is in people's homes (realistically, likely never).

The Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project are much more open with their data on Nickel Hydrogen heat engines. They properly describe the construction of all their reactors, so far. www.quantumheat.org...

posted on Mar, 28 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Lol, Seems Rossi has all but disappeared

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

Maybe he's in another universe?

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Nah, I am following the whole New Cold Fusion story aka LENR intermittently. Rossi is still around. Still making promises about commercial units and independent test results, usually to be made public sometime next month.

This Martin Fleischmann Memorial Project initiative looked more promising though, as they have been doing it in the open. But from all the experiments they've done so far, there was nothing where you could clearly say. This is it. And now they seem to run out of steam too, asking for money, have got a _Kickstarter_ even?

If there is some Condensed Matter Nuclear Reaction thingy going on, it seems to be an evasive bitch. And the nonexistent theoretical model doesn't help either.
edit on 3-4-2013 by moebius because: Kickstarter censored, lol

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa

Maybe he's in another universe?

Lol/ Hopefully that universe supports human life

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 03:56 AM
link   

ROSSI Independent Report Released on arXiv

Link to Mats Lewan's site

Two 100 hour scientific tests confirm anomalous heat production in Rossi’s E-Cat May 20, 2013 Glowing HotCatA group of Italian and Swedish scientists from Bologna and Uppsala have just published their report on two tests lasting 96 and 116 hours, confirming an anomalous heat production in the energy device known as the E-Cat, developed by the Italian inventor Andrea Rossi.

arXiv.org > physics > arXiv:1305.3913

Very interesting report. It says that Rossi's Cold Fusion device known as E-Cat's are producing energy as specified by Rossi.

posted on May, 20 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Hot:

To be critical - some of these scientists are also Rossi's friends? People who have featured in docus and at his events?

I'm interested in this:

They were fed by a TRIAC power regulator device which interrupted each phase periodically, in order to modulate power input with an industrial trade secret waveform. This procedure, needed to properly activate the E-Cat HT charge, had no bearing whatsoever on the power consumption of the device, which remained constant throughout the test.

I did wonder how Rossi was applying a complexity raising signal (I thought some kind of RF inside) - it seems he is modulating the electrical field to influence the reaction.
edit on 20-5-2013 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

Heat produced measured by thermal imaging CAMERAS?
Lol this quackery is reaching new heights.
Long live rossi

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

reply to post by RING0

Long live rossi

Hmm dont get it...
What do the average other scientist use?
Butthermometer?!?!?

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by RING0

There is some preliminary criticism of the report on this blog:

the reference frame
edit on 21/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 21 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Miccey

reply to post by RING0

Long live rossi

Hmm dont get it...
What do the average other scientist use?
Butthermometer?!?!?

You would probably do something like measure the temperature of a fluid stream - knowing eteh volume going in and out, the specific het capacity of the fluid, and the delta-temperature would enable you to calculate the heat output.

And actually a butter thermometer might well be accurate enough - although a scientist would be more likely to use thermocouples and various other calibrated and tested measuring systems.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by RING0

There is some preliminary criticism of the report on this blog:

the reference frame
edit on 21/5/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

Both of which are absolutely loaded with ad hominem, supposition and science equally poor to anything they allege against the paper.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

I'm interested in this:

They were fed by a TRIAC power regulator device which interrupted each phase periodically, in order to modulate power input with an industrial trade secret waveform. This procedure, needed to properly activate the E-Cat HT charge, had no bearing whatsoever on the power consumption of the device, which remained constant throughout the test.

You should be - it sort of smells. You can't modulate power input "with an industrial secret waveform" with a TRIAC.

What you get with a TRIAC is, you can cut it on. It then stays on for the entire half cycle of AC input. You can't cut it back off, it'll do that when the current through it falls to the cutoff level for a minimum amount of time. Basically, you can phase-control AC power into a device by delaying the turn on point for the TRIAC. But once it fires, it's on for the rest of the half-cycle. This isn't a trade secret, it's called phase control and it's basically what you DO with TRIACs and SCRs. In Europe, this has been pretty much banned and will eventually be banned in the US, it causes a lot of electrical noise and power factor issues. It's how older light dimmers work, I've designed a wad of small commercial stuff that uses this in the past.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Orbo at least had a very interesting premise. One that I still don't fully understand why it DOESN'T work on face value...I see why Steorn were interested in it. Part of me says it can't work, but there's a strong undercurrent of 'if this is actually what's coming out of these instruments...I can see it working". It's one of those things that's a sort of contradiction of what you measure and what you know to be real.

My *guess* is that it's an instrumentation error, sort of like a lot of over-unity folks make when trying to measure impulse power with RMS meters, but I never popped the several thousand bucks to get the kit and licensing.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam

I'm interested in this:

You should be - it sort of smells. You can't modulate power input "with an industrial secret waveform" with a TRIAC.

What you get with a TRIAC is, you can cut it on. It then stays on for the entire half cycle of AC input. You can't cut it back off, it'll do that when the current through it falls to the cutoff level for a minimum amount of time. Basically, you can phase-control AC power into a device by delaying the turn on point for the TRIAC. But once it fires, it's on for the rest of the half-cycle. This isn't a trade secret, it's called phase control and it's basically what you DO with TRIACs and SCRs. In Europe, this has been pretty much banned and will eventually be banned in the US, it causes a lot of electrical noise and power factor issues. It's how older light dimmers work, I've designed a wad of small commercial stuff that uses this in the past.

Triacs allow RMS power and voltage control - you can mess with the waveform produced by the power supply. You can certainly apply PWM to a triac.

Who is to say that knowing the right way to switch the output doesn't facilitate a reaction? Perhaps he is switching to create some kind of harmonic? Or maybe wants a deliberately noisy signal, so switches it at random?

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join