It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

One Mega Watt E-Cat Cold Fusion Device Test Successful!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by RING0
Julia Betts – Corporate Communications and Investor Relations Manager – National Instruments
Very interesting communication from Julia Betts, stating outright that they have solutions for LENR Cold Fusion applications.

Well, sure. A lot of people use LabView, especially the Navy, and the Navy's constantly running LENR and electrostatic confinement fusion research.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Very interesting communication from Julia Betts, stating outright that they have solutions for LENR Cold Fusion applications.

She said they sell FPGAs, which could be used for systems control. Nothing specific to energy generation there - it's a generic chip technology.

The thing Krivit pointed out about the reactor from the October test not having actually shipped is worrying indeed. I very strongly got the impression that the thing was going out the door quickly and would be doing some real work. Seems that is not the case. Rossi consistently allows his dialogue to fall into half-truths (funding the University of Bologna independent research, particularly) - I don't see why he would have to do this if his system is as robust as he claims.

I think he should publish all details of the function of his reactor - he claims everyone will know how it works 'by the end of the year' anyway. Surely no one could catch up? even if he specified everything with detail. It would stop people placing the burden of proof on him.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Well NI stuff is expensive and somewhat slow and cubersome depending on what your trying to do. other platforms are better to work with for what they are saying they are doing. On the other hand NI is huge and should work on their base systems for free publicity

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

NanoSpire, Inc. Successfully Harnesses Cavitation Zero Point Energy to Produce Dramatic Levels of Fusion & Transmutation In Water

Company url:www.nanospireinc.com...

NanoSpire Press Release

In February, 2004 Mark L. LeClair, CEO & Founder of NanoSpire, Inc., discovered a crystalline form of water, while investigating the machining potential of the cavitation jets under a Maine Technology Institute (MTI) seed grant,,,.

The large scale transmutation of elements was verified by three separate independent scanning electron microscope elemental analysis (SEM-EDAX) of the transmuted material, including University of Maine, Orono Laboratory for Surface Science & Technology (SEM-EDAX & XPS under contract), by courtesy of Media Sciences, located in Oakland, New Jersey and by courtesy of well-known Low Energy Nuclear Reaction (LENR) researcher and advocate Dr. Edmund Storms, formerly of Los Alamos in New Mexico. The University of Maine, Orono Chemistry Department also performed an analysis known as XPS that measured nucleus binding energy, confirming that the glassy coating seen covering much of the reactor cores was diamond. The SEM analyses collectively detected a total of 34 elements ranging from carbon to polonium.

Many radioactive extinct and non-naturally occurring elements were detected, including isotopes of the transuranic elements. Most importantly, all the rare earths, precious metals and many other key elements were produced in high concentrations, greater than typically seen in most naturally occurring ores.
Dangerous levels of Radioactivity were detected, several experimenters were irradiated and sickened. This is serious stuff!

The radiation emitted by the reactor left nuclear tracks, burned the hole pattern of the core into the clear PVC core enclosure, activated high neutron absorption cross-section 39Cl (56 minute half-life) in the chlorine of the PVC core enclosure and transmuted the water in the reactor into nearly all the other elements.

The experiment also accidentally resulted in acute radiation sickness beginning the day after the August 25, 2009 experiments for both investigators Mark LeClair and Sergio Lebid and lasted for more than a year.
This is new and exciting Science, it is a form of Fusion, but unlike LENR reactions, this cavitation method can be extremely dangerous!

I'm not sure what they plan on doing with this discovery, getting published in a peer reviewed publication, or going forward with some sort of R&D to develop practical applications. I expect to see skeptics calling on them to produce more experimental evidence. Their press release sounds like they have been working on this for some time. I expect we will hear more about this in time.
edit on 21-2-2012 by RING0 because: Aligned text to conform to Mayan 2012 predictions, and also corrected Grammar.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   

NanoSpire Inc. reports severe radiation sickness, LeClair warned Rossi of dangers

From New Energy Times Issue 36: Letters Feb. 2011
Mark L. LeClair says:

I appeal to Rossi and Focardi to consider a moratorium on the construction of the 1 MW Rossi-Focardi reactor.

I speak from personal experience and have strong reason to suspect that Rossi and Focardi may be using the same mechanism to trigger fusion that I used in August, 2009, with the help of my co-investigator, Serge Lebid,...
Rossi has stated that his method has NO radiation problems at all.

My reactor, which I estimate put out 4kW, caused both of us severe radiation sickness, that included all the classic symptoms, that has left us weak and sore for over a year and in and out of the hospital. Symptoms included diarrhea, vomiting, flu like symptoms, difficulty breathing, hair loss and severe weakness.

We both had no control over our body temperature thermoregulation for nearly seven months, with our temperatures swinging back and forth from hypothermia to fever. The Maine Radiation Hazmat team was called in to our lab to be sure there was no residual radioactive contamination, which fortunately there wasn’t. Both of us were sickened again by the experiment in Washington, DC at NRL.

We are only now starting to recover from the second exposure. Our radiation exposure was confirmed by blood tests using SKY radiation dosimetry done gratis by McMaster University, showing multiple chromosome breaks and trans-locations in both Serge and I.
A terrible health problem, these experimenters may have suffered permanent damage that will effect them later on in life, a tragic situation where scientists risk their health to further science for all of mankind.

As I pointed out in the last post, the August 24-25, 2009 experiments also gave off powerful de Brolie matter waves that I didn’t notice until the experiment was over, but caused unbelievable havoc. I’m sure our sickness was due in part to the matter waves as well.

No one could have foreseen either the crystal, it’s behavior our the emission of the powerful matter waves. Melich was present at our NRL experiment and I explained my theory on the underlying mechanism. Melich is now is heavily involved with Rossi.

Amazing new findings, de Brolie "Matter Waves", "Water Crystals", truly leading edge developments are occurring in the field, this letter is a year old, it went unnoticed by most of us following this scientific news. While it is understandable that some observers will ask for more evidence, to me this exposure to hard dangerous radiation and its consequences, is ample evidence of something huge being discovered. Rossi was made aware of this a year ago and he is still taking the position that his E-Cat device does NOT experience this unwanted, deadly effect.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Dick Smith $1 Million dollar Challenge Is Dead

February 21, 2012 - eCat News reporting that the deal is no longer moving forward.

Dick Smith’s $1m challenge to Defkalion ended when the Australian businessman pulled out. Citing Defkalion’s insistence on secrecy as a deal killer, Smith will watch the outcome of the forthcoming Hyperion tests before deciding what to do next.

With 251 Responses (and counting), in the comments section so far, this is a very popular topic on eCat News. Both hard core skeptics and true believers want to know if this technology is real. Is the agonizing delay of solid evidence a result of the magnitude of the discoveries? Or the result of scam artists and fraudulent claims? The LENR/Fusion phenomenon is real, but until confirmation of these "high output" devices has been achieved, caution is advisable.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

www.nanospireinc.com... - doesn't fill me with confidence, but that is an interesting press release (if it is true).

It's rather silly of them to compare the function of their system to that of Rossi's. They are very different. I don't think their warnings are valid.

But:

" The more sensitive LA-ICP-MS detected a total of 78 elements ranging from lithium to californium and 108 isotopes ranging from 7Li to 249Cf, a standard detection set that does not include all the possible isotopes, but including all the stable isotopes and many short and long lived radioactive isotopes. Together, the five analyses showed that nearly every element in the periodic table was detected in every type of transmuted particle in different distributions, up to the limit of the LA-ICP-MS detection range, californium."

"The transmuted elements were produced as chips up to one millimeter in size, in gram amounts and clouded the clear polystyrene dishes they were placed in with rings of nuclear tracks from the radioactive decay of short-lived isotopes. "

Pics plz.

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   
I love all these dramatic "press reports" coming out which no one in the world is taking seriously (other than some gullible people) and which show nothing, don't dispel any scepticism. Just noise, as always, just noise "LOOK AT US! WE DEFIED PHYSICS! NO,ITS TRUE...WE WONT PROVE IT TO YOU, BUT IT'S TRUE!"

So, some scientists supposedly got sick, irradiated. Wow, this is serious, it MUST be true now!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Two of Seven Defkalion Tests completed

The Greek government in test of Defkalion's technology
Technology news site Ny Teknik reports on the testing.

By Mats Lewan, Ny Teknik
In an interview with Ny Teknik, Alexandros Xanthoulis, representative of the investors, said that the test was conducted on 24 February and that it was not focused on safety, as the product is not yet ready for such tests. The focus was instead to show that there was excess heat energy released from a 'Low Energy Nuclear Reaction' and not from a chemical source. The test lasted for 24 hours and included both an empty and an active reactor, which were switched after 12 hours. Xanthoulis also said that two of the seven international groups have already carried out their tests and that the last of those tests is scheduled for late March. He did not say when or if the test results will be published.
Also from Ny Teknik; Meanwhile, Rossi continues to develop his technology.

In the last months also Andrea Rossi says he has been continuing to develop his technology. As Defkalion's technology it's based on nickel and hydrogen, possibly participating in a hitherto unknown nuclear reaction.

On February 20, 2012 Rossi performed a demonstration to show the actual level of development. Among the participants was chemist Roland Pettersson, retired Associate Professor from the University of Uppsala, who also attended a test of Rossi's E-cat on 6 October 2011.

Roland Pettersson told Ny Teknik that the system was now much more stable. A new set of control electronics was used and the system was started just pushing a button. However, no energy measurement was performed.

Roland Pettersson and other participants were also shown a prototype of the consumer version of the E-cat that Rossi says he is planning to manufacture in a robotized factory.

As previously stated by Rossi it was slightly larger than an ordinary laptop, and had simple connections for input and output of water.
Rossi has also announced that his company in the U.S., Leonardo Corporation, is now owned by a group of investors and that he is the CEO.
Independent testing of his technology has not yet been performed.
If you thought that testing would answer all the questions surrounding the LENR controversy, you could be right, but the information is not being released,...yet. So the wait for confirmation continues.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by RING0

That's good news? If Roland Pettersson is independently confirming the continuing physical development of the reactor, then that's something?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Roland Pettersson told Ny Teknik that the system was now much more stable. A new set of control electronics was used and the system was started just pushing a button. However, no energy measurement was performed.
If you thought that testing would answer all the questions surrounding the LENR controversy, you could be right, but the information is not being released,...yet.
This may be silly of me, but if I was testing an alternate energy source, one of the things I'd measure in a test would be the energy. So why does it say "no energy measurement was performed"? That sounds like it's not a matter of releasing it, but in fact if no measurements were made, there's nothing to release if they wanted to.

It's kind of fun to watch this thing unfold, and to be able to assign a gullibility rating to people who think this is the solution to our energy problems, when nothing has been proven yet. Yes there were skeptics who didn't believe the Wright brothers had a flying machine, but they were quickly convinced within a couple of years when proof was provided. Proof is still lacking here too. When it's provided, then we can believe this too. Until then...am I the only one who thinks "no energy measurement was performed" sounds pretty silly for a phenomenal new energy source?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arbitrageur

It wasn't an energy measurement experiment, it was a demonstration of the development level of the 10kW unit. The actual unit Rossi is planning to sell. Which apparently is around size of a laptop, and genuinely does (I had assumed this unit would be vapourware for a long tine) at least appear to produce enough hot water to run a heating system.

Doesn't this rather beg the question about how he is now faking the generation of hot water? In the 1MW test, an easy answer to this was: hidden electrical resistors hooked up to the generator to boil water. But no conventional electrical element, fitted in a laptop, could heat enough water to run a heating system? So how is Rossi faking it?

I'll leave the gullibility judgements about Roland Pettersson (a retired chemistry professor) up to you.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by yampa
So how is Rossi faking it?

I'll leave the gullibility judgements about Roland Pettersson (a retired chemistry professor) up to you.
The last, unconfirmed speculation I read from an engineer involved in the testing (it was actually a post on ATS) was something about transmitting power through the ground wire, though that was in reference to another test, not sure if it applies here.

And if I had a question about chemistry I'd be interested in Pettersson's answer. However this seems more like solving a magician's trick, than a chemistry question, so he may not be qualified to figure out how the trick is done.

Anyway, time will be the final arbiter, not me. It's sort of like the cold fusion thing all over again.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   

The last, unconfirmed speculation I read from an engineer involved in the testing (it was actually a post on ATS) was something about transmitting power through the ground wire, though that was in reference to another test, not sure if it applies here.

You seem to have confused reality with the propaganda output by a man paid to produce some bizarre illogical statement about the function of Rossi's reactor by Dick Smith. That engineer didn't test or observe anything. Ian Bryce never even spoke to Rossi. Too much to ask that you'd actually check this before posting your opinion on it, I guess?

Originally posted by Arbitrageur It's sort of like the cold fusion thing all over again.

In what way does this resemble the Fleishman-Pons thing? They used electrolysis and deuterium, not a gas system? They used palladium, which is many times more expensive than nickel? They never claimed they would be selling a unit to heat your home within a year? They certainly never produced a large elaborate show which 'faked' the evaporation of 675 litres of water an hour?

And if I had a question about chemistry I'd be interested in Pettersson's answer. However this seems more like solving a magician's trick, than a chemistry question, so he may not be qualified to figure out how the trick is done.

Um, if Rossi is heating enough water to run a domestic heating system in a unit the size of a laptop (thus probably negating the possibility of an electric resistor heating the water) then the only other option would be a chemical reaction? And since when did you need a qualification to figure out a magician's trick? What do you think the trick is for the laptop sized unit?

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What do you think the trick is for the laptop sized unit?

We dont know that exactly, as it has never been properly tested....

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

In what way does this resemble the Fleishman-Pons thing?
People are making noise about something which has never been proven to do what the inventor claims. That much is exactly the same as cold fusion.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

What do you think the trick is for the laptop sized unit?

We dont know that exactly, as it has never been properly tested....

And it never is going to be 'properly tested', because Rossi is either going to sell the thing or implode before that ever happens.

I think it's perfectly valid (if boring) to say 'there's no point in speculating because nothing has been independently published'. But this is a new anecdotal account of professional academic witnessing an apparent physical development of a functioning consumer unit. If that fact interests you, and you remain sceptical about Rossi, then it begs the question about how it might have been faked.

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

then it begs the question about how it might have been faked.

We dont know that, as it has not been properly tested!

Until it is properly tested, all we have are the claims from a convicted fraudster!

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

People are making noise about something which has never been proven to do what the inventor claims. That much is exactly the same as cold fusion.

I'll say it again. Fleishman and Pons never claimed they could build a practical heat system, and Rossi is not trying to market an experiment. He's actually making devices and doing demos which would require overt fakery. The only reason you bring up cold fusion is because you believe it allows you to discredit Rossi by associating his reactor with a vaguely similar sounding experiment. Despite the fact they are not at all similar. It's a lazy analogy.
edit on 29-2-2012 by yampa because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 29 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by spoor

then it begs the question about how it might have been faked.

We dont know that, as it has not been properly tested!

Until it is properly tested, all we have are the claims from a convicted fraudster!

I'd prefer it if you didn't reply if you aren't prepared to type more than a couple of tautologies. You are a waste of words.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join