It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kerry's stance on Israel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:51 PM
link   
hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew John Kerry's stance on Israel and particularly the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

It's time to get tough on the jews and stop arming them to the teeth with weapons to kill palestinians with. It's also time to force Israel to get out of territory that was agreed to be Palestine's and to tear down the wall that violates territory that was agreed to as well.

It's time to make them have peace or cut the aid to Israel. And once the sovereign Palestinian state is assured, give Palestine double what Israel gets for 10 years so they will be able to build a prosperous state that can protect itself from Israeli bullying.

what do you guys think?

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:58 PM
link   
dr

Not gonna happen.

Look at Dean-
Santa Fe, N.M.

Dean may lose funds Dean just didn't want to take sides

He also told CNN that perhaps advocating an "evenhanded" policy in the Middle East was not the best choice of words.

Dean was history shortly after this- the scream? Big deal- lose of money and support killed Dean off. Kerry was not even close to Dean at that point.

See?

The tail does wag the dog

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
drfunk

In answer to your first question, i think kerry is pro-israel.

but i do like your solution, very fair in my opinion

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Here's some information for you on Kerry and the issue of the 'fence'.

bushcampaignlies.blogspot.com...

Kerry supports the fence in concept, but doesn't agree with the route as it takes land that doesn't belong to Israel. It's Bush's position as well.

The wall has worked very well in terms of its ability to keep out suicide bombers. Today's double-bus attack was the first bombing in months, which is quite a difference to the nearly daily attacks we were seeing last year.

I do feel for the Palestinian people, but feel that their greatest enemy is their dictator Arafat (an Egyptian) and not the Israelis. They've been treated as political pawns, which is really sad. I don't think there will be peace until Arafat dies - he holds a very tight grip on power.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
hey all,

I was wondering if anyone knew John Kerry's stance on Israel and particularly the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.

It's time to get tough on the jews and stop arming them to the teeth with weapons to kill palestinians with. It's also time to force Israel to get out of territory that was agreed to be Palestine's and to tear down the wall that violates territory that was agreed to as well.

It's time to make them have peace or cut the aid to Israel. And once the sovereign Palestinian state is assured, give Palestine double what Israel gets for 10 years so they will be able to build a prosperous state that can protect itself from Israeli bullying.

what do you guys think?

thanks,
drfunk

Is this your stance or Kerry's? Either way it sux. It will be cold day in hell before I go against Israel. Bullies? I don't thind so. The Palestinians and Arabs are both one and the same. No difference. Funding for the Palestinians? You've got to be joking when they are backed by countries so oil-filthy rich they have to import laborers to build their roads and buildings because they don't need the money. To the West of Israel is the Mediteranean Sea. To the North, East and South is the enemy. Give some one a break. Israel a bully? Now that's funny.

[edit on 1/9/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
bulldozing palestinian homes? tanks, jets, helicopters versus rifles, rpgs, sticks and stones?

Israel has had a long history of bullying other nations and the palestinian people with brute force. The incursions into Syria, Lebanon, the destruction of an Iraqi nuclear reactor, the destruction of the USS Liberty. And most recently the ridiculous fence, a way to steal palestinian territory and ignoring world opinion. I also believe the UN has put over 60 resolutions against Israel for their actions.

They can't be trusted with the peace process as they obviously do not want to deal with the palestinians in a fair manner. They must be forced to make concessions and so should the palestinians so peace can be achieved. And what Israel will understand the most is money. Cut the funding and place economic sanctions and i'm sure they would comply,

seems pretty unfair to me the way Israel has gotten away with so much. If any other nation has done the actions Israel has done, it would mean war.
I agree that Arafat is a big problem, I would prefer to support hamas than the PLO though i disagree with the suicide bombing tactics.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Israel was ready to make peace in 2000. Arafat refused and started the intifada. Arafat and his supporters do not believe that Israel has a 'right to exist'. Until the Palestinians have a leader that will recognize Israel's right to exist (i.e. until Arafat dies), peace will not happen.

I agree with you that the U.S. probably gives too much foreign aid to Israel. However, given the anti-semetic attitude in Europe and the Arabic nations, I worry we could see a second holocost if the U.S. doesn't continue to stand by its ally.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
I am fully aware of the 2000 incident and I believe that Arafat needs to be removed from power.

But you still can't deny the way Israel has continuously handled the situation in Palestine since and all the previous acts it has done. The whole wall ploy to steal Palestinian land has gone too far.

Israel is a dangerous state and it should of never got nukes. I also don't think that another holocaust will happen due to the political climate in Europe and becuase of US propping up Israel makes it unbeatable in the Middle East due to the fact that the jews have much power and influence in Washington.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Imagine if members of a global religion worshipping Native American mysticism descended on the East Coast of the US which was their holy land thousands of years ago and claimed New Jersey as their own. They have the backing of China and Russia and simply shot or blew up anyone who got in the way of their land appropriations. Tell me how that's not the nation of Israel in a nutshell, because I'd like to know.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:39 AM
link   
that sounds like israel to me taibunsuu

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by HoonieSkoba
I agree with you that the U.S. probably gives too much foreign aid to Israel. However, given the anti-semetic attitude in Europe and the Arabic nations, I worry we could see a second holocost if the U.S. doesn't continue to stand by its ally.

So tell me, which countries, in Europe, are anti-semetic..??

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Koka]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Koka

France for one. They have decided to pander to the muslims, that is why France was so against us going in to Iraq.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls

France for one. They have decided to pander to the muslims, that is why France was so against us going in to Iraq.

...and your proof..?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Yeah, and if France is pandering to Muslisms, why the big row over headscarves? Maybe France realised that Iraq is a sovereign nation not bothering any other nations and so invasion by a country 8,000 miles, one continent and one ocean away from Iraq was less than essential.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you not read the papers? Do you not watch news? It is well know that France and Isreal have been at odds because of the rise of Anti-semitism in France. The Isreali prime ministered recently called on all Frech jews to come back to Israel because of all the anti-semitism.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
don't you see the outrage of all the muslim countries against the terrorist for taking the french journalist. They have stated that France is on the side of muslims.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Do you not read the papers? Do you not watch news? It is well know that France and Isreal have been at odds because of the rise of Anti-semitism in France. The Isreali prime ministered recently called on all Frech jews to come back to Israel because of all the anti-semitism.

French lawmakers overwhelmingly back veil ban

The French government introduced a bill Tuesday in the National Assembly that would ban religious symbols in public schools. The bill, backed by President Jacques Chirac, would forbid large crosses, skullcaps and Sikh turbans. But the measure is aimed mainly at head scarves worn by some Muslim girls.

Prime Minister Jean-Pierre Raffarin opened four days of debate on the bill by laying out the reason for the ban. "Certain religious signs, among them the Islamic veil, are multiplying in our schools. They are taking on a political meaning," he said. "Some want to know how far they can go. We are giving them a response today."

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Swastika attack woman 'lied'

A French woman who alleged she had been the subject of an anti-Semitic attack invented the story, police sources say.
The alleged admission came shortly after the she was taken into custody - four days after the alleged assault on a train in the suburbs of Paris.

The 23-year-old woman said six men cut her clothes and drew swastikas on her body, assuming that she was Jewish.

The woman has been detained for falsely reporting a crime, state prosecutor Xavier Salvat told AFP news agency.

She could face up to six months in prison and a 7,500-euro ($9,200) fine if convicted.

The case sparked widespread condemnation amid concern that racist and anti-Semitic attacks are on the rise in France.

news.bbc.co.uk...

OK - so here's proof that anti-semitism is actively being faked in France and that the French are taking a hard stand against muslim veils being worn in schools. Now show me some rabid anti-semitism and French Muslim bias or we'll just accept that Israel slanders France as anti-semitic because they have different national policies.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:15 AM
link   

don't you see the outrage of all the muslim countries against the terrorist for taking the french journalist. They have stated that France is on the side of muslims.

I never realised that Muslims were the enemy, I thought it was terrorists, I should read the news more..!!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Kerry's stance on Israel?

Well, let's take a look at his roots for a minute.....he might have been raised Roman Catholic...but his grandfather (Fritz Kohen) was an Ashkenazi Jew from Czeckoslovakia (and later committed suicide in 1921 in Boston, MA after having changed his name to Kerry and converting himself and his wife to Catholicism).

Kerry's current loudmouth wifeykins ("StepMoney") converted to Judaiesm in order to marry a Jewish Billionaire (Heinz died in a mysterious plane crash in 1991)

So I guess it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to do the math on that one...

new topics

top topics

join