It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photo Shows Police Officer Pepper-Spraying a Child

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by dannotz

Originally posted by Casandra
Here's the same cop spraying a VERY dangerous individual that obviously has eyes in the back of her head

Source

How can a person like that be a police officer? Did he join to protect people at first but ended up abusing his position after? Or did he just join to be cruel like these images show?

We're supposed to feel safe knowing that there are cops out there looking after us, but we just end up being afraid of criminals AND police alike.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Casandra because: Added source of photo

Maybe that's really sun tan lotion?

What a nice officer! Keeping his civilians from getting sunburn! waddaGuy!

Nah, looks more like bug spray. You know how bad those mosquitoes can get in that kind of climate. Just look at the guy in the yellow shirt. He's telling the officer that he missed a spot.
edit on 30-10-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-10-2011 by jeramie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

And younger and shorter.

I don't think it is the same cop.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L

Originally posted by brick38

OMG!! You people on this site are making me more sick by the day. Can you supposed "free thinkers" really be this stupid and ignorant to believe, and to the OP try and brainwash other people to think, that these pictures are showing a cop pepperspraying people?

Don't be completely daft. Think about what you're seeing in the original pic with the little girl, and then the secont pic where the officer is spraying this supposed "pepperspray" on the back of the black lady's neck.

In the pic with the little girl, if that cop were spraying that amount of pepperspray in a crowded area like that.....everyone in that area, including the officer himself would be blind from stinging eyes and choking. Do you notice how the mother isn't even reacting? As though she knows the kid is just being an idiot like "oh no!! I'm being sprayed with something."

Then in the second pic, the lady is standing there with her arms out straight, willingly standing there while the officer sprays that supposed "pepperspray" on her back and arms (be cause if this were a video he'd obviously be goig over ALL of her exposed skin. And again....no1 in the pucture is reacting to this at all.

Why don't you "free thinkers" actually try thinking for once instead of being police bashing thug wanna-bes that just want to be against any kind of authority, and use pics of a police officer at a public event of some kind down in a southern state, in the sticks where there are ZILLIONS of MOSQUITOS so he's offering out of the kindness of his heart to offer people BUG SPRAY, and turn that into the cop pepperspraying a little girl.

You people are absolutly sickening. ANd by you people, I'm talking to anyone who's REALLY trying to convince people these pics are of a cop pepperspraying people......so that's ALOT of you. You people get worse, and sink lower by the day.

Another A hole telling us to believe him not our "lying eyes".When they come my way I'm going out in a blaze of glory

You're obviously the "A-hole" as you so eloquently put it for having to resort to swearing because I'm talking facts. I'm not telling you to believe me and not your eyes. I'm telling you to NOT believe what someone trying to brainwash you into hating autority is telling you is happening in the picture. I'm telling you to actually USE YOUR EYES and see what's actually going on in the picture.

That much pepperspray would have everyone in that area choking and blind from stinging eyes. No one is choking or even reacting at all to this officer "pepperspraying". The mother of the child isn't even reacting, the one person who would be most horrified if that's what were really happening.

And the girl in the second pic is standing there spread open obviously willingly being sprayed on the back of her neck, and notice the cop is watching what he's doing. He's trying to get the spray right where it's being sprayed. Why would a cop trying to pepperspray someone AIM for their back? And again, NO ONE is reacting.

Try thinking instead of just trying to be an internet tough-guy wanna-be thug. This cop is spraying bug spray on people who WANT to be sprayed. Well....except the little girl. She doesn't WANT to be sprayed, but her mother DOES want her sprayed.

Bug spray or water it does not matter,its the act and I see violence in the act and that enough for me.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Thats not very nice officer.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by brick38

Probability says more cops around the world carry pepperspray than bug repellant.
To try to say that cops any where gave up thier pepperspray for bug repellant is ignorant.
I can hear the call now,we have a mob forming at so and so take plenty of bug spray.
The Op expects these people to react like pampered OWS demonstrators screaming and hollering.
These people are standing thier ground taking it to make a point

edit on 30-10-2011 by brick38 because: more info

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Correction

I posted here a picture of the same protest and I mistakenly added that it was the same officer.

I apologize for that.

There were two officers investigated for this: Bruno Schorcht and D'Angelo de Matos Pinel.

According to the report of the PM 162, PM Major Bruno Schorcht, with 65,145 registered memorandum published in 0581/2551, was transferred from the 12th to the 20th Military Police Battalion (BPM), which accounts for the area of ​​the municipalities of Nova Iguaçu, Nilópolis and the Mosque, so far from the region of Niterói, where the officer was caught along with the soldier D'Angelo de Matos Pinel spraying the substance in two children aged 6 years and 7 years, apart from their mother, who also waited for the payment of social rental for families of the landslide victims.

Apparently, Mr. Schorcht was going to get promoted but his name was taken off the list for this incident.

The former captain, now Major AM Bruno Schorcht transferred from the 12th Battalion to the 20th Battalion for 45 days, came out with a promotion of the complaint offered by prosecutors of the prosecution, after he was caught in March this year spraying a spray pepper in the eyes of protesters in Niteroi, including two children and grandmother of them, protesting against the indifference of the public after the tragedy in the Morro do Bumba.

The price of pepper
The captain of the PM River Schorcht Bruno, who sprayed pepper gas on the residents of Morro Bumba, in Niteroi, in March, was promoted to Major in August. But the name was taken off the list last Thursday, two days after been denounced by the MP for his wrongdoing.

Source 1
Source 2

Again, I'm sorry for having said that it was the same officer

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Casandra

lets see the kindly Brazilian police at work
youtu.be...

edit on 30-10-2011 by brick38 because: more in fo

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

Deny Ignorance huh, maybe you should take a second look and actually read the posts and links the Pics and this whole topic is from BRAZIL not the US. the pics are from the protests in BRAZIL the investigations of the cops are from BRAZIL the video is from BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL BRAZIL got it yet. READ, LOOK, CLICK THE LINKS AND READ AGAIN. BRAZIL.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jewells

I think what most disturbs me (other than the obvious spraying of a child), is the cop seems to use it in the same way we would use fly spray.("Get that annoying insect")

Is that the way he sees civillians, his fellow man?

What is in his soul to do this to an innocent child in such a callous manner???

edit on 30-10-2011 by jewells because: (no reason given)

IT IS BUG SPRAY!!!! Jesus man!!! Is everyone on this site mentally challenged to the point that they can't figure out that cop is OBVIOUSLY not spraying pepperspray?! Everyone there would be choking!!! He's offering bug spray to people, and the mother obviously asked hhim to spray the kid and the kid doesn't want to be sprayed.

A picture tells a thousand stpories as they say, and you people aren't reading beyond the first word. You're reading "A Tale of Two Cities" and writing a book report when all you actually read was "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times."

Lol, thats some 'high-powered' bug spray the officers get issued for protests.
The teary-eyed,scrunched up face of the mother, wrenching her childs arm ,looks as appreciative as her child....but bug free nonetheless!

This a-hole cop wasn't spraying openly.
His body language suggests he does is slyly, when their backs are turned.
Why isn't he facing them to helpfully apply bugspray?
The way he holds it suggests he's just lifted his arm for a quick,sneaky assault.
People in both photos are seen pointing at him, obviously just becoming aware of his actions, hence the apparent lack of reaction in people.
Quick, sneaky squirts is this cops preferred method of applying 'Bugspray'.

Mentally challenged? maybe
Blind, deaf & dumb, definitely not.

Keep up the great work Einstein.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Lebowski achiever

Take the blinders off mate.

I never once blamed the victim.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'll admit, that photo really got under my skin and pissed me off

However
after looking at the photo again, something does look off like other members have pointed out. I dunno....just my opinion and I agree with some of you. Has this pic been debunked or proven real yet?

I did want to notate one more thing that I missed. This happened in Brazil right? That place is crawling with dangerous criminals, a corrupt government, abusive police, thieving officials...etc. So, it wouldn't surprise me if they did do something like this to a child.

I live in Los Angeles, I guess it's like "The Pot Calling the Kettle Black" so to speak, but I was shocked by some of the mess I saw while in Rio...and I've seen some crazy crap right around here! I felt like I was right at home in Los Angeles

Corrupt Brazilian Government
Crime in Brazil

Have any of you ever seen the movie "City of God"? It's an excellent movie
Brazil has cleaned up its act somewhat especially since their recent real estate and economic boom.

Economy of Brazil

Still, I hope that photo is altered...because that scene is so wrong on so many levels

edit on 10/30/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Looking at these pictures I still cant believe that they are real no matter what some website says.....This may happen at protests I have no way of knowing that but these pictures are to fishy for me. In both pictures the cop is spraying people in the back of the head or neck. Do you know how pepper spray works....yes this would burn but the main reason for spraying someone is not the burning. It is supposed to work on the sinuses and cause the person to be blinded and have trouble breathing thus removing their will to fight. Why do you think pepper spray has OC in it and not just pepper extract. Also do you think that people would not have attacked the officer if they where just pepper spraying little kids all by themselves. Cops get attacked everyday for no reason and your gunna tell me no one would do anything about this. ATS is always ready to jump on this stuff because for some reason they believe that all cops are Nazi's and want to hurt you

As for the debate over bringing a kid to a protest, I have to say its highly irresponsible especially since we have seen a lot of these protest's getting violent. I have to say the only reason to bring a kid to protest is when it involves the schools or some youth activity...and Ive never heard of those being harshly being broken up by cops. You are not teaching the kid any sort of values you are at best brainwashing them that you should protest every time you dont like something and at worst using them as a pawn. They are kids for Christ's sake let them be kids. I have seen little kids with shirts for things like 9/11 Truth and InfoWars and it sickens me. Why would you steal the childhood of a kid by exposing them to the horrible world out there when they are so young and still have belief in the world.

edit on 30-10-2011 by onfire49 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1
I'll admit, that photo really got under my skin and pissed me off

However
after looking at the photo again, something does look off like other members have pointed out. I dunno....just my opinion and I agree with some of you. Has this pic been debunked or proven real yet?

It's real.

According to the report of the PM 162, PM Major Bruno Schorcht, with 65,145 registered memorandum published in 0581/2551, was transferred from the 12th to the 20th Military Police Battalion (BPM), which accounts for the area of ​​the municipalities of Nova Iguaçu, Nilópolis and the Mosque, so far from the region of Niterói, where the officer was caught along with the soldier D'Angelo de Matos Pinel spraying the substance in two children aged 6 years and 7 years, apart from their mother, who also waited for the payment of social rental for families of the landslide victims.

Here's the same picture without cropping and letters:

Link

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

So I dont have the time to go back and look thru all the responses but I seemed to me that everyone assumed that this was in the U.S......its in Brazil. So whats new? A South American country using excessive force on its people....at first I thought this was a hoax and now its just old news

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

Well, not everyone. I think there was only one or two people who thought this was in the United States, but the OP clearly states that this happened in Brazil.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Casandra
reply to post by onfire49

Well, not everyone. I think there was only one or two people who thought this was in the United States, but the OP clearly states that this happened in Brazil.

But would you really be suprised if it happened in the US??

Second line.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That cop is pretty stupid. He doesn't even know the basics. Like... where the face is located (hint: it's not on the back of your neck...).

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Ah ok makes sense....I hadnt read the first post in a while...but in response to the other person I would be surprised if it was the U.S. Too many cops die in the U.S. because they are so afraid of losing everything they have if they use adequate force. I would be willing to bet that the incidents of that scenario are 20:1 compared to cases of police brutality. That is actual, third world police state, brutality not a cop laying into you because you shoved him

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I still don't know what to think.

But im assuming those sources are legit.

I dunnnozzzzzz

edit on 31-10-2011 by dannotz because: me stuppy

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
maybe its bug spray ?

heh

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join