It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how police should interact with protesters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

From the video description:

"With all the police brutality and corruption of the forces, sometimes we have to take a moment to honor the good cops."

For some reason police feel they need to act serious and tough all the time when interacting with mere civilians. You can be respected and friendly at the same time.. in fact you get more respect by being friendly.
edit on 10/29/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

Yeah that Sheriffs Deputy was cool, and most cops are, especially the ones in smaller towns with more accountability.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I think he represented his department well. Seems like a good cop. I hope he's careful about not being overly trusting of people and leads a long life and career.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
i'm from a small town and the cops are not friendly. It takes every cop to give one ticket . It's ridiculous. You get pulled over for a traffic violation and then you have the whole department surrounding you. They shoot a guys tire out the other day though, i think thats cool.
edit on 29-10-2011 by biggmoneyme because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
As much as I hate cops these days I am glad to see this video. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

This is a cop who I would jump in and save if I saw him drowning.

I am getting ready to send this department an email giving them an attaboy.

you should too.
If we spread enough of the love then then maybe it'll catch on.

I found this on their website.

Mission Statement

We, of the Effingham Police Department, dedicate ourselves to serve the citizens within our jurisdiction and endeavor to treat all people in a fair and impartial manner.

We commit ourselves to providing professional, high quality and effective police service in partnership with the community.

We hold ourselves to the highest standards of conduct and ethics as we regard it an honor to hold the public trust.

We regard our employees as THE most important asset to our organization. We encourage the intellectual and physical development of our people through training and education.

edit to add:

here is a copy of the email I sent.
Let's flood the Cheifs inbox with support shall we?

My name is ............... and I wanted you to know that there is a video of one of your officers going viral right now if you haven't already heard. In a day and age where most people are at the very least leery of cops, and some such as myself downright hate them, I find my hope in law enforcement being restored.

Your officer is one of the only ones I have ever had the pleasure of coming across that I can honestly say I would jump in a river and save if he were drowning.

Please tell him that I said thanks for taking the first step in restoring my shattered faith in cops everywhere.

Keep up the good work over there in Effingham.
I am beginning to wonder if I should consider moving out there.

Cheifs Email
[email protected];
edit on 29-10-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Friendly, enquiring, and he had a sense of humour too. Mutual respect can sometimes go a long way. Thanks for posting!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MegasAlexandros
reply to post by Drezden

Yeah that Sheriffs Deputy was cool, and most cops are, especially the ones in smaller towns with more accountability.
He's not a "sheriff's deputy". Rewatch the vid and look at the shoulder patch......he's Illinois State police buddy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
As much as I hate cops these days I am glad to see this video. It gives me the warm and fuzzies.

This is a cop who I would jump in and save if I saw him drowning.

I am getting ready to send this department an email giving them an attaboy.

you should too.
If we spread enough of the love then then maybe it'll catch on.

I found this on their website.

Mission Statement

We, of the Effingham Police Department, dedicate ourselves to serve the citizens within our jurisdiction and endeavor to treat all people in a fair and impartial manner.

We commit ourselves to providing professional, high quality and effective police service in partnership with the community.

We hold ourselves to the highest standards of conduct and ethics as we regard it an honor to hold the public trust.

We regard our employees as THE most important asset to our organization. We encourage the intellectual and physical development of our people through training and education.

edit to add:

here is a copy of the email I sent.
Let's flood the Cheifs inbox with support shall we?

My name is ............... and I wanted you to know that there is a video of one of your officers going viral right now if you haven't already heard. In a day and age where most people are at the very least leery of cops, and some such as myself downright hate them, I find my hope in law enforcement being restored.

Your officer is one of the only ones I have ever had the pleasure of coming across that I can honestly say I would jump in a river and save if he were drowning.

Please tell him that I said thanks for taking the first step in restoring my shattered faith in cops everywhere.

Keep up the good work over there in Effingham.
I am beginning to wonder if I should consider moving out there.

Cheifs Email
[email protected];

Same as reply to poster above. He's not a member of Effingham PD, so don't send your emails there as he is an Illinois State Police trooper.

edit on 29-10-2011 by freedom12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a real policman, america should make this man a national heron

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

The police officer was well behaved and act like a human, but would he talk the same way to the guy on orange if he was black or Mexican. The cops in the small town I live in were mean and very rude. I notice they are nicer to white people and treat minorities like trash.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Ya well, the policman had to approach people in orange jumpsuits, with what the heck, a black fishnet bag on his head?

If anything he was being extremely cautious until he could assess the situation.

Good for him!~

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by supine

But there is surely no law against having a beard that looks like a muslim may have it, wearing an orange jumpsuit and a black fishnet bag over one's head?

edit on 29/10/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I wish I could star and flag that cop, or at least buy him a donut.

Way to uphold the constitution!

new topics

top topics

join