It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how Mainstream Media and Mainstream Scientific Community works together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
This is how Mainstream Media and Mainstream Scientific Establishments works together: Mainstream Media is what defines what is normal enough to be not explained away by Mainstream Science and what is not. and Mainstream Science is what Explains Away what doesn't seems Normal according to the definition of Mainstream Media. here's what defined to be Normal: Politically Correct issues like Abortion, Guns, Drugs, Terrorism, Climate Change, PETA, Crime, and so on where the only solution of those problems according what they told is Trillion-Dollar scientific research. while these is what defined to be not Normal enough to makes them explained away by Mainstream Science: Sapients that isn't us, Super Civilizations(both today and yesterday as long as they isn't us), Conspiracies, and Paranormal things.

this is what they uses to makes people living in depressingly boring dreamworld that they believes it real and this is just one methods of keeping our species at Type 0 Civilization, another method that they employs to keeps us at type 0 Civilization: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 29/10/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by masonicon
This is how Mainstream Media and Mainstream Scientific Establishments works together: Mainstream Media is what defines what is normal enough to be not explained away by Mainstream Science and what is not. and Mainstream Science is what Explains Away what doesn't seems Normal according to the definition of Mainstream Media. here's what defined to be Normal: Politically Correct issues like Abortion, Guns, Drugs, Terrorism, Climate Change, PETA, Crime, and so on where the only solution of those problems according what they told is Trillion-Dollar scientific research. while these is what defined to be not Normal enough to makes them explained away by Mainstream Science: Sapients that isn't us, Super Civilizations(both today and yesterday as long as they isn't us), Conspiracies, and Paranormal things.

this is what they uses to makes people living in depressingly boring dreamworld that they believes it real and this is just one methods of keeping our species at Type 0 Civilization, another method that they employs to keeps us at type 0 Civilization: www.abovetopsecret.com...

What is the point / goal of your post, if I may ask.

Mainstream Media reports mostly on what will get the most ratings, and in turn, more advertising revenue.
I do not believe it defines what is normal.

Science explains (or atleast attempts to explain, as opposed to blind allegiance to a book) the universe and how it works ...

I lost you w/ trillion dollar research.....?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Mainstream Media reports mostly on what will get the most ratings, and in turn, more advertising revenue.

Science explains (or atleast attempts to explain, as opposed to blind allegiance to a book) the universe and how it works ...

it is what they uses to make the false perception of reality

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Depends, here in Britain we have two 24 hour rolling national news channels (Sky News and BBC News) that report pretty much whatever's the most important issue of the day while ITN News on ITV is a half hour bulletin three times a day (afternoon, evening, night) that condenses the major news of the day unless it's something important like a disaster, a death, a major arrest or something in which it can be extended by 10 extra minutes or interrupts programming to break it to viewers not watching the dedicated news channels.

Maybe America reports on things that will draw the most ratings but here, news is news.

That's why I found it funny when people on ATS complained about lack of coverage of Japan a week after the disaster while I thought "well here, the news channels are still using it as the biggest news going on" as they did for several more weeks at the least.

I watch Sky News a lot since there's nothing else on tv and the main news is 5 minutes on the death of a major British tv icon who gave a lot to charity, suicide bomb in Kabul killing US troops, Qantas flights grounded worldwide over disputes, rioters who are on benefits having their benefits reduced if they fail to pay a fine for their part in the August crimewave, the Thailand flooding, the Turkey earthquake and occasional highlights of the Dr Conrad Murray trial.

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

it is what they uses to make the false perception of reality

What you do mean by that?

Our senses is what WE use to perceive the reality we live in.

I hope I am mistaken, but are you trying to say that talking heads on television, written articles on the internet / newspapers, in conjunction with scientific findings, so media and science; They are responsible for creating the reality we live in? If I look at a tree, and notice its color is roughly brown, and that it has branches with leaves that are green, that the reason this is so is because of media / science and not my senses?

edit on 30-10-2011 by Confusion42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Personally, I find the internet is a MUCH better place for catching up on news as opposed to the talking heads on television.

I don't mean some random online news crap; I refer to the fact that, for instance, if you take a look at Google News and just read the page you can get a sense of all the news going on; Than I can pick to read the stories I'm interested in and can choose from a variety of places to read the news.... Much more choice and such than the talking heads :-)

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Yeah! they creates the false reality by messing with the brain part that edits what our sense takes

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Double Post sorry
edit on 30/10/2011 by masonicon because: Double Post

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Maybe America reports on things that will draw the most ratings but here, news is news.

And this is exactly why my wife and I gave up on any of the US TV news outlets and switched over to BBC America about a year ago.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by curious7

And this is exactly why my wife and I gave up on any of the US TV news outlets and switched over to BBC America about a year ago.

Guys! you must stick to this: MSM and Scientific Establishments are working together to makes people believe that our latest consumer gadgets are Cutting Edge and Politically Correct issues is the biggest concerns to distracts everyone into living and believing that this reality is all but boring
edit on 3/11/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Guys! you must stick to this: MSM and Scientific Establishments are working together to makes people believe that our latest consumer gadgets are Cutting Edge and Politically Correct issues is the biggest concerns to distracts everyone into living and believing that this reality is all but boring
edit on 3/11/2011 by masonicon because: (no reason given)

Regarding the Cutting Edge consumer gadget "conspiracy theory."

What the big tech companies have, which is years ahead of what consumers can get there hands on, while it's true its like 2-8 years ahead, it doesn't mean that its ready for a mass market.

Theres a big difference between "cutting edge consumer electronics" (properly tested for the masses to use, available to make in mass amounts at a reasonable cost, etc.), and the "cutting edge big tech companies research and development department", where they have gadgets that are years ahead of the consumer gadgets but that AREN"T ready for mass use or mass development. The tech companies IMO aren't doing much wrong here.

Like, the iPhone4s, among the most "cutting edge" phone; now in a few years there will be Iphone5 and iphone6.

Right now im sure Apple is testing the 5 and 6...

They might even have prototypes. But theres a big difference between 4s (which was researched, compodents properly sourced, etc.) and the 5 and 6 (prototypes exist but with todays technology there is no feasible way to mass produce them not to mention that threads change and just because an iphone 5 or 6 might exist as a prototypes right now doesn't mean that exact protyotypes will simply be mass produced in 2 years; changes will happen )...

Hope I made sense

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Consumer Gadgets aren't the only things that most of us believe it as Cutting Edge. Attack Drones and Renewable Energies are another technologies that people believe it as Cutting Edge.

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
and you know Science Skeptics and Politicians are people that molds the perception of reality of most people

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   

and you know Science Skeptics and Politicians are people that molds the perception of reality of most people

That I agree with.

IMO Most "Science Skeptics" are religious brain-washers.

Science starts with a hypothesis and one of the procedures is running as many experiments as possible to try to shoot down the hypothesis. If after much experiments (done by multiple independent scientists and peer reviewed), the hypothesis sticks, it becomes a Scientific Theory, Principle, Law, etc.

Religion starts with a never changing hypothesis, ignores all evidence against the hypothesis, makes up evidence for the hypothesis, and than threatens non-believers with the "Your going to hell if you don't believe me" crap.

Now that I think about it, politicians are similar; But instead of telling people they are going to hell when they die, they try to make people's life a living hell instead

posted on Nov, 4 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Confusion42

Yeah! what makes most "Science Skeptics" and Religious Brainwashers have one in common is: they loves to shoved down their believes to people's throats or worse, too bad they are probably the only ones that allowed to shoved down their beliefs to people's stomaches, and most of them are Capitalist-Globalist counterpart of religious fanatics

and Politicians makes the life of the world Living Hell with Global Warming and Islamic Extremism

top topics

join