It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Launching Drones From Ethiopia-Remotely Controlled From US

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I guess the US has decided it is a lot easier to take over African countries now instead of the middle east. The article says the us does not have a base in ethiopia, but does use their runways and airspace at will. How does the US have the right to occupy any country they wish. If this were another country doing this stuff they would be blown to hell. What are we giving them for allowing us to use the area? I dont remember voting on spending tax dollars on this kind of activity. No wonder this country is so hated globally.

english.aljazeera.net...
Also says:The United States also operates Camp Lemonnier, a permanent military base in Djibouti, and an air base in Manda Bay, Kenya, where counter-terrorism experts believe armed drones that have carried out strikes in Somalia are also based.

You really think they would be unarmed? Not in that neighborhood

edit on 28-10-2011 by AllUrChips because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Here is the type of drone in question.

General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper

The General Atomics MQ-9 Reaper (originally the Predator B) is an unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV), capable of remote controlled or autonomous flight operations, developed by General Atomics Aeronautical Systems (GA-ASI) for use by the United States Air Force, the United States Navy, the CIA, U.S. Customs and Border Protection, the Royal Air Force, and the Italian Air Force. The MQ-9 and other UAVs are referred to as Remotely Piloted Vehicles/Aircraft (RPV/RPA) by the U.S. Air Force to indicate their human ground controllers.[2][3] The MQ-9 is the first hunter-killer UAV designed for long-endurance, high-altitude surveillance.[4]

edit on 28-10-2011 by ZombieJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
What are we giving them for allowing us to use the area? I dont remember voting on spending tax dollars on this kind of activity. No wonder this country is so hated globally.

I don't remember voting on several occupations in other countries.
I don't remember voting on spending 3+trillion missing dollars every year.

I guess I must have a strange type of amnesia.
--

I do see the pattern though.. destroy a country through skirmishes and wars propagated by International interests,
hurt em so bad they need help with loans they can't afford in the long run
then after so many years of "help", we use their assets in return.. (such as airstrips)
no vote needed.. just political wrangling around the world justified by monetary might.

b

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

Originally posted by AllUrChips
What are we giving them for allowing us to use the area? I dont remember voting on spending tax dollars on this kind of activity. No wonder this country is so hated globally.

--

I do see the pattern though.. destroy a country through skirmishes and wars propagated by International interests,
then after so many years of "help", we use their assets in return.. (such as airstrips)
no vote needed.. just political wrangling around the world justified by monetary might.

b

Your right about that. Also like I said the middle east countries put up too much of a fight, these african nations are much easier for them to rape and pillage

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
The United States is the main country that is pushing for a one world government. Their plan(Illuminati)is to take over all the non intergrated gap countries and then the United States will be destroyed. They are almost done with their plan, the final piece is war with Iran then the United States will be destroyed. They call the United States the phoenix bird and out of its ashes comes a new world order. Here is General Wesley Clark telling some of the plan.
This is also in the Bible it tells us there will be a one world government, one world religion, and one world economy with a mark of the beast(anyone that takes this mark is guaranteed hell) Babylon the Great has fallen....soon.
edit on 28-10-2011 by kwell because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bspiracy

--

b

Apparently they don't need congresses approval either these days. The Libya incursion, (predicted in advance by oil company insiders some two years ago), was not approved by congress, but our nobel peace prize winner in chief decided to bomb the heck out of women and children anyway.

As for using the IMF to bankrupt nation and stealing their resources, that's been policy for many years. Just take a gander at "Confessions of an Economic Hitman".

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

what are we giving them for allowing us to use the area? I dont remember voting on spending tax dollars on this kind of activity.

i would guess you weren't aware or alive when we helped Ethiopia through some very destitute times ... nor are you aware of the current assistance we still provide

USAID's Ethiopia portfolio is one of the largest and most complex in Africa. Assistance capitalizes on partnership with the Ethiopian Government to deliver basic public services and tackle poverty. -- snip --
In 2009, USAID led advocacy efforts that contributed to pardons for 15,600 prisoners who had been languishing in federal and state prisons.
-- snip --
USAID also supports the development of human resources and health systems. In 2009, USAID trained 3,398 public health officers and supported the establishment of new financial systems at 66 hospitals and 782 health centers to improve the quality and efficiency of services.
and more from source
it would seem they are grateful and willing to help without the need to be "occupied" as you stated.

top topics

join