It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boy Assaults Student as Cellphone Captures Attack

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by USarmyFL

you sound like such a baby! really? complaining about gay dudes "sexually harassing" you?! Take the compliment and move on with your life. I sexually harass nearly all of the women I work with and they usually just laugh or curse me out. I have never met a woman, let a lone a man, who can't separate a fun flirtatious compliment from malicious and sexually lascivious smut talk. Using homosexual "advances" as an excuse for violent retaliation is BEYOND WEAK.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I think the boys father and mother need to be paid a visit. They are the ones who raised the little devil. Start holding parents responsible for this stuff and it will stop. I don't care about the arguments against my position because they are ALL mute.

Get those parents. They raised it. They are responsible for it.
edit on 29-10-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: grammar

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I feel sorry for the kid that got attacked but should we really be throwing our kids into police custody. Kids fight. That's what kids do. Whatever happened to the parents of the kids sitting in the same room with the kids and working it out then taking the kids home and disciplining them?

Oh yea, that's right, parents get thrown in jail for that. So lets see, parents get arrested for disciplining their kids than the kids get thrown in jail when they have no idea how to act properly. Then we all sit back and wonder what has happened and why things are so bad. This world is so insanely ridiculous.

Trying to outlaw kids bullying each other is like trying to outlaw kids putting toys in their mouths. It is natural normal everyday behavior. It is ugly, it is unfortunate but it is only human. We can't expect kids to act like adults, they are freaking kids. That's what kids do, they make stupid choices. Just because the should know better doesn't mean they do know better.

Getting bullied by other people is a part of life. It is real crappy, I got it worse than most as a kid myself but it is simply human nature. We just keep making these insane laws that dig us deeper and deeper.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

......I'm sorry but why are you saying this like you came up with this idea? We discussed that very thing on page one about motive. I started the thread talking about this. The situation is assault pure and simple. I'm not going to treat the kid like he's special because he's gay. He's an ordinary kid who got assaulted by a huge jerk.

It sucks that this situation even happened. I wish there was a way to fix it. Maybe our government needs to be way harsher on minors who bully? But they've tried that and it didn't really work did it?

As for the rest of what you said. I don't really agree with it. Why does the motive matter? Why does it matter if the kid just wasn't liked? Assault is assault. What's your point is what I'm trying to ask? lol
edit on 10/29/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Two sides to every story.

Not really news worthy outside of the community imho.

Not like he was tied to a pole and beaten to death.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

It depends.

In some lights I might find them more inspiring. Coming out doesn't seem like it's easy. Doubtfully, unless you have parents that are willing to accept it, then it won't be an easy time.

Hopefully this would pass in general with society, but it will never fade out of human existence.. there will always be homophobes (along with irrational fears of many other things) .. But it's obviously better now than it was in the past.

I agree that.. this kid shouldn't get any more special treatment because he's gay. And honestly, school bullying doesn't really belong in the court room (unless it is escalated to the point of stabbings, shootings, ect). I hope someone can teach the bully a lesson. I have very high doubts it will be the kids parents though. If anything it will probably be a bigger bully. Not that I advocate violence, but it sometimes takes a physical perspective to understand a weaker persons helplessness against that sort of attack.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
One of the first things taught in basic education should be honor and compassion, it should be emphasized like a religion. As soon as they become aware enough to understand a few sentences, teach them all about the golden rule, then teach em how to add and subtract.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by SyphonX

......I'm sorry but why are you saying this like you came up with this idea? We discussed that very thing on page one about motive.

Um, I didn't say I came up with the "idea". People are still going on about it being hate crime because he was gay, regardless of what was said in your OP or on page one, so I reiterated it in my own words.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

Go through the thread and tell me in quotes who is still talking about it like it's a hate crime?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

An Ohio high school student waited in a classroom to attack a 15-year-old gay classmate, beating him repeatedly in a vicious assault captured by a bystander on a cellphone.

"I covered myself and shielded my body, and he kept hitting," the gay student, who did not want to be identified, told ABC's affiliate WSYX in Ohio. "Nobody did anything."

abcnews.go.com...

Now before this turns into a controversial post this isn't about the kid being gay. Bullying is a real issue and I'm tired of people putting gay people getting bullied above anybody getting bullied. Gay people aren't special they are just like you and me. This was a brutal assault on a child. Nothing more and nothing else.

I expect full assault charges to be brought up against the offender and for the offender to be expelled. What do you think ATS?

How can we pass a law to fix this? They're tried making bullying a crime and that clearly doesn't work. What's the fix here?
edit on Fri Oct 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed external quote

This is sick. My son is bullied daily and can't fight back because, quite frankly, the bullies are minorities and my son will be the one expelled (this is directly from the assistant principle, BTW). That kid needs to be held down and beaten with soap-filled socks.

As to passing new laws to fix this? We already have at least three on the books to deal with it: assault, battery, and hate crime legislation. We don't need more laws, we need fewer bleeding hearts. Punish the little monster to the fullest extent of the existing law.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

One of the biggest problems in schools is that kids are taught that they are not capable of dealing with anything without the authority. You get punished for fighting, even if it is fact you are defending yourself. It teaches kids to be useless from the getgo, it's really sick. The schools pump out sheep that need someone to take care of everything for them. Instead of teaching kids to use their brains, they teach kids to memorize. It's sad.

Kids that are bullied are usually kids that are all about following the rules, worried about getting in trouble. I used to be that kind of kid, lots of discipline. Knew martial arts, didn't dare use it, even to defend myself until high school, because I was scared to get into trouble. It is this mentality that leave people wide open for abuse, both in school, and the world at large.

Keep the sheep tame for the wolfs out there that not only don't care about the rules, but spit on the rules. Teach people they are powerless from the time they are young, works well doesn't it? You get the good people cowering in their homes, while the wolfs take over their neighborhoods and communities, both the criminals, and the overbearing cops.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join