It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Found in a store from the 21st century. [D&G]

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
How did I end up here? Laying on the floor in an abandoned grocery-store, crying about Jane? I have to go back and see what I could have done different. Am I really that stupid? How could I not see it?

36 hours ago I had a friend call me up talking about the end of the world and a world-wide catastrophe coming. I just laughed at him and said that he should seek help, God I wish I had listened to him now.
I was on my way to work when the car stopped and the electricity went out. My first thought was that an EMP had gone off and WW3 just started.
I left my car and started to talk with people that like me, were on their way to work and had been left on the sidewalk by something killing everything electronically. Nobody knew anything. Then I met her. Mary was this out-going 19 year old girl with a mental illness on the line to schizophrenic. At least that was my first thought when I saw her standing in the street screaming the “harvest” have started. My god was I wrong.

I walked up to her asking her if she knew anything about what was going on, she started to spill the beans right away. “They” have known for 12 000 years that this day was coming. “They” had taken over control and changed history-books into their view. We are livestock in a giant human prison with an illusion of freedom dragged over our eyes to conceal the truth about what was coming.
I actually laughed when I heard her talk. I stopped when I saw the look in her eyes. She's for real? I need to get a hold of Jane was my first thought. F###ing cellphone.
When I started to walk away from the highway she asked where I was heading. Town, my immediate answer were. I'm coming with you she said. Do as you like I replied. Walking in silence in a civilization built on oil and electricity was a first for me. I come from a life where wild-life is a story on the animal planet. So this silence started to nag on my mind. Talking to her might change my mood I thought to myself. As I was going to ask her about the scenario she explained about before, everything went black. And I mean everything.
Next thing I know I open my eyes and it's night. Panic start to rush into my head. Panic slowly is starting to take over my entire being. What was that? How long have I been out? I need to get to Jane. NOW.

The walk I went on to get back to where I live is something I will leave out, since it involves allot of crying and a grave case of paranoia.
With tear-filled eyes I entered the door to my home and started to scream for Jane. No answer. Did she get to work? Why isn't she home? Were is she? A note on the mirror said that she loved me and that she will see me tonight. Now what? I thought to myself. Get a backpack and gather stuff I might need. I took the usual stuff you might need in this kind of scenario, the only thing standing out was a clock I got from my grandfather. I still don't know why I took it with me. Maybe I knew I wouldn't return to my house? Leaving the house I started to think about the fact that I hadn't seen anybody since I woke up. Were is everybody? And thats when I saw it, something I can only explain as something from an alien invasion type movie.
My brain sent the signal to s##t my pants, run, cry and hide at the same time. Resulting in what we can call cry-running. I didn't look back, I didn't think. All I did was run. For 30 minutes straight. And here I am. Laying on a floor in this old store. Thinking back on what might have happened with all the other people and why I was blacked out for 24 hours and not “harvested”.

I will just leave this here and try to get somewhere safe and try to find Jane. I just hope that someone is reading this. Because that means I'm not alone.
edit on 28-10-2011 by FejkNick because: Typo

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Pretty good. I'd like to read some more. I always like the Apocalyptic stories, they give true interpretations of what you believe will really happen.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by coldfiremx
Pretty good. I'd like to read some more. I always like the Apocalyptic stories, they give true interpretations of what you believe will really happen.

Thanks for reading. And since it's a competition, if you haven't flagged it please do if you think i earned it.

I was gonna write allot more but i ended up taking parts out since i wanted the feeling of an average joe in SHTF scenario. Written like a letter to anybody with lots of mystery (title tells you someone found this and is referring to it as pre where they are).

Thanks again for feedback.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by FejkNick

Starred and Flagged.

I liked your story and it made me smile. In the previous contest, about Occupy, my second choice of a story had similar ideas to yours here.

I liked the mystery you left afloat within it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by SonoftheSun

Haha, thanks allot. Yeah the enigma aspect was what i went for. I could have gone with a horrific view of an D&G scenario, but i found this one much more appealing imo. It's like when you see the killer in a movie behind the victim.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Interesting, this story needs a part II.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Haha, I couldn't have gotten a better review.
Part II will be hard thou. Since whoever found this will need to find the other one too.

posted on Oct, 31 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Nice read, it kind of reminded me of war of the worlds.

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   

your part two could be that your good live stock to repopulate the planet for the next harvest

star and flagged

posted on Nov, 2 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by maryhinge

Erotic doom and gloom?
I wish I could write and post that here. Hahaha

posted on Nov, 3 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

feel free give it ago you never know you could be good

new topics

top topics