It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Reality Bends"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Reality bends come in many forms, the most common of which are simple texture distortions on surrounding areas. In some cases it has been heard that inanimate objects can begin moving on their own. In some extreme cases people have been known to completely disapear and are never heard from again (if someone has returned, it is something i have not heard of yet.) These "Reality bends" usually occur in high-electronic areas. Mostly computer labs and TV stations. I Beleive that it may be a way to travel across dimensions or mabye even time. I have been trying to create a strong reality bend in my garage using a few computers and TVs, but i haven't been able to produce anything more than a few random distortions. If anyone has anymore information o this subject or knows how to create these bends more efficiently, please reply.
- Nyschashi

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:20 PM
link   
well if people are missing from this you probably shouldnt mess with that.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
In all actuality, how would you know that you haven't succombed to a 'reality bend' yourself?

I've noticed this everywhere... ever swear you know something as fact your whole life, only to find out that it never happened? Some is a trick of the mind, but there are quite a few anomolies I've been involved in. I have a bad memory (repressed memories), but I do remember one that a friend of mine and I both witnessed... unfortunatly I can't remember any more than that (think I posted about this a couple times in other threads).

FYI, there is another kind of 'reality bends' you can get (came to mind when I saw the title of the thread). It's basically when you go off to a dream world pretty deeply, and snap back to the 'real' world and you become sick from it... just like the 'bends' you get from surfacing from a dive too swiftly, only you don't get nitrogen bubbles.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Don't mind Nys, he jumped out of a moving car and his his head. ^^

Bandit says: This is a poor attempt at ridicule. If you don't have anything constructive to say, then don't touch the keyboard.

[edit on 4-11-2004 by TheBandit795]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:52 AM
link   
What you might be searching for (I wish my little brother were here to explain this better) is information on quantum physics.
We already know that physical matter doesn't really exist. What does exist is data. What we know as matter is our interpretation, in three dimensions of this data floating taking subatomic particles and entangling them.

To start, every subatomic particle (like a proton, neutron, electron) when not being acted upon (completely on it's one with no outside forces) is in a state of superposition. This means it has two different directions of motion simultaneously, an upspin and a downspin. It was found that if you take 2 or more subatomic particles you can get them to synchronize their spin for just an instant- now they are considered entangled.

This is boring at first, but when you take 5 (nobody knows why 5) subatomic particles and entangle them, then completely separate them without acting upon them (let them go their marry little ways) any bit of data you send to any one particle will at the same instant manifest upon all five of the particles.
They become connected in some way that we really can't understand, but it is speculated that this may open the door to things such as teleportation. It also makes psychic phenominon seem so much less mystical...

I believe this instant synchinization of the partices creates connections in other dimensions, so you may wish to look into this idea since it could be what is happening to the objects. Especially if there is a lot of electricity floating about.

Floating itself could be a distortion of the 4th dimension, which would also act upon time... We do understand the concept of time to be the fourth dimension. We see and understand it on a daily basis as the effect of gravity. Matter distorts reality to us (the way light waves bend around objects) which for us creates this effect where we are constantly being pulled toward the now, we aren't in the present yet but we are trying to get there so we are pulled (toward what we see as matter/earth) in a race to get to the present. In space travel, this is why time passes more slowly and people float.

I don't know much about further dimensions.
so in a way levitation is really backwards time travel and psychics are really just particle entanglers.

Originally posted by NyschashiLilOlath
Reality bends come in many forms, the most common of which are simple texture distortions on surrounding areas. In some cases it has been heard that inanimate objects can begin moving on their own. In some extreme cases people have been known to completely disapear and are never heard from again (if someone has returned, it is something i have not heard of yet.) These "Reality bends" usually occur in high-electronic areas. Mostly computer labs and TV stations. I Beleive that it may be a way to travel across dimensions or mabye even time. I have been trying to create a strong reality bend in my garage using a few computers and TVs, but i haven't been able to produce anything more than a few random distortions. If anyone has anymore information o this subject or knows how to create these bends more efficiently, please reply.
- Nyschashi

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hmm. I could've sworn there was a thread in this forum asking about how to increase one's awareness. I guess reality bent.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:48 PM
link   
blanketgirl, that is a great exposition on particle theory. While my ponderings of it are not complete, I am reminded by your observations of a different model for matter and energy founded upon n-dimensional waveforms.

These waveforms which I postulate satisfy such questions as apparent ambiguities in the propagation and maintenance of material data, including why some data may appear in more than one place simultaneously.

The key to understanding this theory lies in being able to envision waveforms outside 4-dimensional constraints combined with a recognition that the �right-angle rule� for spatial dimensions is an invention of man, not of nature.

Removing unneeded Cartesian constraints with respect to analyzing �quantum waveforms� provides a means to more easily visualize material interactions.

Or so I would think.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
NyschashiLilOlath, I was looking for information about this a while ago too because I had the same idea. One thing I remember reading was on a website talking about the Philadelphia Experiment, electromagnets and such. It said that high powered electromagnets bend space-time. I haven't really done any experiments yet but when I have some free time I was planning on either constructing some electromagnets or tinkering with several microwave power supplies (rather than plugging in TVs and computers). Hope I was of some help to you.

posted on Sep, 6 2004 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Do I have a theory in a Nutshell or Nutshells in my theory?

Is our 'reality' just our browser/user interface with the N dimensional database?

OR have i just been spending too much time online.

posted on Sep, 27 2004 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Here's a website which gives a little information about what I'm talking about: www.johnkharms.com...

Hope it helps.

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Earthscum

I've noticed this everywhere... ever swear you know something as fact your whole life, only to find out that it never happened?

Hi, I just signed up to reply to this because something exactly like this has happened to me. Last weekend when I was visiting my parents, I was watching movies downstairs with my girlfriend and I was like "Hey, where did the remote for the stereo go?" So I went upstairs to ask my dad, he came back downstairs and he's like "What are you talking about? It's right here!" I was like, nonono, that's not it, it was longer than that and the volume buttons were up in the top right hand corner! Hes like
I have no idea what you're talking about. It's like that remote never existed in the first place and that is how I was seeing the remote FOREVER! Until now, that is. VERY odd!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hear Nikolai Tesla ( a master in electromagnetics) devised a type of time machine that was banned by the u.s. supreme court, along with his anti-gravity, free-energy, and geosphere creating, inventions.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Maybe a group of Tesla chi generators, Rad 5's and ATGS'es, Slim Spurling coils and Preising metals grouped together might be able to bend or completely distort reality...
It would probably be so energetic that you'd pass out, become enlightened or go crazy before reaching close to that collection of chi gens...

But there where times when I was a kid watching cartoons, I was sure that a scene with Silvester and Elmer Fudd repeated three times. I'm sure I saw it (when I was 7 or 8). A few years later I saw the cartoon again, and the gag repeated only twice. No joke.

And today on another forum a guy posted a question I'm sure I read yesterday. The exact same question. Either he asked it twice or something is really wrong with my reality or my head...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Hey, I can also relate to this. When I was younger (primary school) I could of sworn there appeared a page in a Donald Duck book with a picture that never was there before. Also, I read a certain choose your own adventure book about 10 times (always went through the different endings
. One day, it appeared to me that the book "changed". There were choices that weren't there before, or changed / skewed in a certain respect. After that I thought the book was 'evil' so I was kind of scared of it lol. Never touched it again.

Could it be our memories are 'wrong', altered or such? I remember this happened when I was young, maybe it's just growing up the brain kind of has these episodes?

- Nazgarn

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 04:24 AM
link   
hrmm, this happens to me lots of times, sometimes when i look at something like a simple poster for example, i notice a few things. But then the next time i look, i notice that i havn't noticed the main things in the poster, and i always think to myself, how did i miss that???
strange...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:16 AM
link   
When I was a kid, the electoral map of America showed the Republican states in blue, and the democrat states in Red; this was the opposite of the way it was today.

I started a thread on it here at ATS about a month ago, but a mod said I was 'full of krap' and took down my thread.

No one at work remembered things the original way. Even my wife was sure I was mistaken. So I was a good little prole and quit talking about how the emperor has no clothes.

Last night, sitting at "Demockrisy Plaza," a very tired Tom Brokaw said, "how come the republicans are red now? When did that get switched? You'd think the red would be democrat . . ."

But even the dog was asleep by that time, and I have no witnesses.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I agree and that is so sad even the dog was asleep oh lmao I almost peed that was so funny... but back to the thread, I have specific memories from early early childhood - three years old... and when I tell thm to my mom she is like "that never happened" Huh I dunno if its related but it makes me think of that

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Alright... I just thought of something from when I was a kid...

This is going to sound very stupid, but I could have sworn the Predator from Predator 2 had "horn" type things on the side of his helmet. Me and my friend Kaleb both remembered that... However we watched the movie again and again and found no horns...

I could've SWORN they were there, and to this day I still know they were there... But they ain't anymore...

I don't know, maybe reality did bend slightly...

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:49 AM
link   
If the government did actually succeed in inventing a time machine or something that would allow us to alter events in time, what many sometimes perceive as strange memories might just be residual effects of a timeline change. Just a weird thought I had about what if the government could alter events in time. If you consider there could be many different multiverses or parallel dimensions or universes to our own, then Kerry probably did win Ohio in some of them. It's also possible that Kerry didn't do enough to stop terrorism in some of those and cities in the US will or did get nuked because of that. In this reality, things could be altered to be more preferential to the US or other secret groups if a time reality or time altering machine has been invented.

Just one little change in time can have ripple effects all the way down to a remote control becoming different in the new reality. If you could time travel and alter the current reality by changing one little thing in the past, just think of the possibilities.

posted on Nov, 4 2004 @ 02:53 AM
link   
i take it that you watched the sliders series on TV? If not then maybe you are familiar with Piers Anthony Mode series fiction books? Anyway your post reminded me of these

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join