It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Bans U.S Soldier's Coffins From The Airwaves

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Bush administration has banned our soldier's coffins from our airwaves.
That's pretty gross if you ask me.

Both Repubs and Dems need to take a stand against his treatment of our troops.

New York City held a GIANT protest on Sunday against Bush. Marchers carried fake flag-draped coffins to remind the world about Georgie's BAN.

Get off your tushies, folks and head to NYC to protest Bush and peacefully support our troops. Don't let him get away with demeaning our dead.

Check veteran's orgs to find out when Iraq veteran war vigils will be held in Manhattan this week.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Of course the crazy dictator doesn't want those coffins shown, especially right now with only two months to go till Nov. elections. Just imagine how the Citizens of the U S A would react to seeing, what, close to 1000 coffins of our dead soldiers being delivered back to us because of a war that a insane madman started on a country that had done nothing to us.
When's the insanity going to stop ,..... after all our troops are slaughtered or will the citizens finally get a "clue" and vote the dictator out of office
. I'm for getting rid of the jack-a$$ in Nov., before it's to late for all of us

The Citizen's of the United States NEED to see what the effect has been due to the cause

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I agree it's taken too far. Some things on the news should be censored like beheadings and whatnot but not the coffins of dead U.S soldiers.

posted on Aug, 31 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
[edit on 10/2/2004 by esther]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:46 AM
link   
As a Canadian I find this appalling. How can a leader of the free world of a so call country based on democracy and freedom be in such a position? How can such a system be in place in letting him allowed too to control and ban what he thinks from mainstream media? He is no better than Sadam in one way when the latter was hiding the massacres and tortures in Iraq from the media. President Bush is screaming to export freedom and democracy in an invaded country yet on the other hand he suppresses freedom of the press in his own country. What else as he been able to control out of mainstream media.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I come from a different perspective than most of you. I have seen two of these coffins up close and personal. I have buried two children, and I can tell you. I did not want to see them on TV or the newspapers. When we, my wife and I , were told by the Chaplain that our sons were killed, we had to deal with a lot of grief. having our sons coffins on displace in the local rag was not what we wanted. I think there has to be some honor given to the families, not every family can deal with it. Also, We did not want to see the pictures of our sons coffins being used by people with political agenda's. my sons paid the ultimate price for freedom. The Iraqi people have a chance to finally be free. I don't want some liberal Democrate using my son's coffins as a political weapon.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Death is what war is about. I do feel for you and your family. But, one person should not shield people from the truth. Using it politically in any way is terrible. But, both side are just as guilty of using this war and the deaths to forward their agendas. The WHOLE political system is in shambles! Bush still uses 9-11 victims to forward his agenda and Kerry uses the deaths of our solders to do the same. Of course Kerry wants to spread the death information and Bush wants to hide it. It is not for us citizens, it is for their AGENDAS..... We are just the pawns on both sides that will vote for basically the same type of people with different ways of doing things.

SIMPLY SAD

[edit on 1-9-2004 by JCMinJapan]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:18 AM
link   
as the saying goes " in war there are no winners "

this is kind of sad that someone would use the death of people for political gains shows there true colours

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:23 AM
link   
jrsdls - I don't believe you are legit therefore I'm ignoring your posts from this point on. Nothing personal and wish you all the best.

Military families, vets and many 9/11 family members do NOT approve of Bush's coffin ban. Soldiers aren't meaningless pieces of dung - they have rights and deserve to be respected.

Many Republicans agree.

Bush wants the world to forget about our troops overseas, hence the coffin ban.

Distributing flyers, contacting your congressman and simply expressing your opinion on this matter is a help.

There is going to be a vigil in NYC tomarrow honoring Iraq war veterans.
Support our troops by attending.
Check for time/location on veteran sites.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Why hasn't Bush gone to one funeral? The only reason I can think of, is if he goes to one, he may have to go to them all, to prevent people from saying, "You went to this one, why not that one?" But he does visit soldiers in hospitals, or is that only for photo ops?

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by esther
I have all the photos originally posted at the Memory Hole stored on my PC in case they ban them totally.

Then I will put up flyers eveywhere that will hold a nail, staple or tape.

Screw censorship!

esther.

You go, girl -

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by space2force
As a Canadian I find this appalling. How can a leader of the free world of a so call country based on democracy and freedom be in such a position? How can such a system be in place in letting him allowed too to control and ban what he thinks from mainstream media? He is no better than Sadam in one way when the latter was hiding the massacres and tortures in Iraq from the media. President Bush is screaming to export freedom and democracy in an invaded country yet on the other hand he suppresses freedom of the press in his own country. What else as he been able to control out of mainstream media.

You are right - the situation is appalling. Think about how
New Yorkers feel. Many of us initially supported Bush. He has
used the Twin Towers as a marketing tool and an excuse to
send young people overseas to become maimed and forgotten.
To say he's shamed the WTC's legacy is the understatement of the
century.

Evil democrats exist too. This isn't a political issue; it's a matter
of morality. All Americans need to take a stand against the coffin-banning
fiasco. People outside the country, like yourself, can help by
letting others know about it.

[edit on 1-9-2004 by bushblows]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Bushblows, you can think what you want about me. That's what America is all about. just gave my 2 cents, sorry it does not meet with your approval.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
US Coffins coming home from war or death has been out of bounds since 1991.

news.myway.com...::16:07%7Creuters.html

That's been the media practice for years. It just gets eased and tightened depending on the circumstances and President at the time. This was explained by the media when the whole scandal began, and, a lot of the supposed Iraq war dead were in fact the Columbia Astronauts. That single site was the one out of line. Bush has had nothing to do with banning anything, though, even as a Republican, I found the 9/11 ad with coffins uneasy.

[edit on 9/1/2004 by soulforge]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Soulforge, I know, these people will grasp at anything to bash Bush. It's a shame that some would use this as a political prop. Is there no shame, Is there nothing off limits.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
jrsdls:

I have seen two of these coffins up close and personal. I have buried two children, and I can tell you. I did not want to see them on TV or the newspapers.

Yes, so you change the channel. The point being made, I think, is that your government has no right to CENSOR those images. These are men and women who have DIED for their country and it's not right or moral or just to ban pictures of their flag-draped coffins.

Soulforge, I know, these people will grasp at anything to bash Bush.

You fail to understand that you have been given no choice in this matter. Your government is making a decision based on what it believes is best for you.

Welcome to McDemocracy.

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Pictures of the coffins are not banned. What is banned is pictures of the coffins being loaded and unloaded from aircraft in transit from the war zone to their destinations. The families of the deceased can then make the decison of whether or not to allow the media to cover the funerals of their loved ones.

Anyone who makes an issue of this is guilty of the worst kind of exploitation of the grief of families to further their own cheap political agendas. Anyone with a screen name like bushblows should be automatically banned from the board. It is obscene and show a general lack of respect for the nation and its ideals. Disagreement with the policies of any President does not give one the right to be so outrightly disrespectful and so blatantly ignorant of the facts.

[edit on 04/9/1 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulforge
US Coffins coming home from war or death has been out of bounds since 1991.

news.myway.com...::16:07%7Creuters.html

That's been the media practice for years. It just gets eased and tightened depending on the circumstances and President at the time. This was explained by the media when the whole scandal began, and, a lot of the supposed Iraq war dead were in fact the Columbia Astronauts. That single site was the one out of line. Bush has had nothing to do with banning anything, though, even as a Republican, I found the 9/11 ad with coffins uneasy.

Bush has everything to do with the banning! Who do you think started it? George Bush!

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Most likely George Bush.......George H. W. Bush....With a policy continued by Bill Clinton...

Anyways, Do you really want to see dead bodies and crying children? Does it make your position feel more justified? Does more and more bodies make you more and more right?

How does it feel to have more dead americans strengthen your position and no more dead americans weaken it?

In the end, it's all about your justification of hating Bush , and it has nothing to do with those dead soldiers....

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Soulforge, I know, these people will grasp at anything to bash Bush. It's a shame that some would use this as a political prop. Is there no shame, Is there nothing off limits.

Oh, well why wouldn't you want your children to be recognized by the nation? I'm having a hard time believing you simply because of some things you say. First of all, why is it too hard for you to have pictures of those that have fallen in battle for their nation? Do you not like people finding out what happened to your kids, or seeing their coffins? Did you even have a funeral for them, if it's so hard? If you're for real, then I say this, and with all the sympathy for you and your family, I think you are dishonoring them by trying to hide them. Bush is doing the same thing. What exactly is the down side of them being shown to our nation? If it's bad, then Reagan's whole funeral should be the most outrageous scandal ever! Look, I'm gungho conservative, but I'm fed up with the Republicans, just as much as I've always been fed up with the Democrats. This has nothing to do with party. For Godsake, and for the sake of you, all of us, and especially for the troops, they should be shown to all so all know their bravery and sacrifice!!!!!

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join