It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Libya has inherited from Moammar Gaddafi Anti-Gaddafi Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Source

Young men in fatigues hang around outside the offices of the Transitional National Council, carrying rifles and flashing V (for victory) signs at visitors. Inside, older men in leather jackets sit on sofas drinking tea, while temporary officials cope with clashing appointments and race up and down the hallways.

Ah yes sitting and drinking tea, while temporary officials cope with clashing appointments? doesnt that reimnd you of the british lifestyle?

There were no political parties under Gaddafi, not even fake, government-controlled political parties. There were no media, nor even reliable information
There Were no Media? really now? has this writer lost her mind? what about the Pro Gaddafi News Network? wasnt that Media? again this writer opinion is nothing then pure Propaganda.

During four decades in power, Gaddafi destroyed the army, the civil service and the educational system. The country produces nothing except oil, and none of the profits from that oil seem to have trickled down to anybody. Some 60 percent of the population works for the government, but they receive very low salaries — a few hundred dollars a month — in exchange. There is hardly any infrastructure, outside of a few roads. There is hardly any social life, since so many young people were too poor to marry

Gaddafi destroyed the army:that is just pure simple clear Propaganda for this writer to claim that Gaddafi destroyed the army without any proof

The country produces nothing except oil:Another lie, during Gaddafi rule, gaddafi created the biggest Great Manmade River in all of Libya

Trash is scattered along the undeveloped beaches, and old plastic bags blow back and forth across weed-clogged city parks.

Again another lie, i guess Anne Applebaum, must be thinking of albania beaches with the trash that is scattered along the beaches.

since so many young people were too poor to marry

could get $50,000 for newly married couples to buy a house

Much of the money Gaddafi never spent on his people is now sitting in the bank. In fact, I can’t think of another group of revolutionaries, at any time in history, who found themselves in quite such a fortunate situation. Usually, revolutions are born out of national bankruptcy.
Again more anti-gaddafi propaganda to claim that Gaddafi never has spent money on the people is a pure western propaganda on gaddafi now that he dead.

This Comment Is What I Call Constructive Propaganda The First Comment On Top

I am Mohamed from Libya Tripoli city born in 1971, still not married , what wrote above by Anne it's one per cent from what did gaddafi to Libyan People , destroied everything humanity, stones, animals, everything what God created, I did read the history of humanity from start creat of the world to now I had not seen as much as Gaddafi made to us and our country, For the rule and stealing oil! , why why and why he did that , to rule Libya or seize of crude oil!. The another and all regimes and countries planing to build and develop her people, Gaddafi were planning to destroied us, he wasn't human even the devil don't do that what Gaddafi made, please think verywell there is any human injects kids by the AIDS? Gaddafi did that in hospital of Benghazi city, is there any human buryings persons alive? Gaddafi had did that , don't laugh this is true, some of his ministers he was rape their wives to lowering him, hundred of thousands between ages (20 until 50) not married , because he wants reduce population, realy he did that by another way he killed seventeen of thousands of young people in the war of Chad, please tell me how will we repairing fourty two years of losses? If we want write about what Gaddafi did and his bad secrets it will become printed in many books

because he wants reduce population, realy he did that by another way he killed seventeen of thousands of young people in the war of Chad,

Because Gaddafi wanted to reduce the libyan population sadly i dont believe it nor buy this person claim.

For the rule and stealing oil! , why why and why he did that , to rule Libya or seize of crude oil!.

like as if America or the West wont steal the Libyan Oil, already the french stole 35% of the Libyan Crude oil!

Canada has send its oil contractors a few weeks before the death of Gaddafi just so they can rush in on the oil.

there is any human injects kids by the AIDS? Gaddafi did that in hospital of Benghazi city, is there any human buryings persons alive? Gaddafi had did that , don't laugh this is true,

Really now?? gaddafi injected kids with AIDS? in the hospital of Benghazi city? this a new claim from this somebody person called Mohamed from Libya Tripoli?

Seriously this type of Propaganda is getting old, i can see in the comment section alot of other people arent buying it.

Under Gaddafi
# had free electricity, and free water
# received free and quality medical care,
# free education, and state loans to go to university abroad
# could get no-interest loans from the state-owned Central Bank of Libya,
# could get paid 50% of the purchase of a car, by the government
# could get $50,000 for newly married couples to buy a house
# benefited from the government policy of housing for all
# could buy cars at subsidised prices
# can buy petrol at 10p a litre

In 2010, Libya had the highest GDP per capita, Education Index, and Human Development Index in Africa as well as some of the highest health indicators in Africa.

I guess miss Anne Applebaum fails as a writer and a Journalist.
So ATS what you make of it?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I think to most she will not fail as a journalist, that is the problem. I wonder if mohamed knows we pay for most of things they get given to them. He will find out soon enough.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Pretty obvious what this pseudo author is up to.

Makes me wonder if she is a ghost writer.

One that can easily be scapegoated if and when necessary.

her last statement is classic:

And no, I’m not going to predict what will happen next.

well I would hope not !!!

Especially after writing the opposite of what really happened

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Here is some interesting info.

Anne Applebaum writes a weekly foreign affairs column for The Washington Post and Slate and contributes to the PostPartisan blog. She is also the Director of Political Studies at the Legatum Institute. She was a member of The Post’s editorial board from 2002 to 2006 and earlier worked as the foreign and deputy editor of the Spectator magazine in London, the political editor of the Evening Standard, a columnist at several British newspapers and the Warsaw correspondent for The Economist. In 2004, she received the Pulitzer Prize for General Nonfiction for her book “Gulag: A History.” She is also the author of “Between East and West: Across the Borderlands of Europe” (1995). Born in Washington, D.C., Applebaum attended Yale University and was a Marshall Scholar at the London School of Economics and St. Antony’s College, Oxford. She lives in Warsaw with her husband, Polish Minister of Foreign Affairs Radoslaw Sikorski, and their two children.
Anne Applebaum

Business is Development

Legatum’s long experience of successful investing in emerging markets has demonstrated that an enterprise-based approach provides the most effective solutions to social and developmental problems, and the optimal allocation of capital leads to optimal personal and national outcomes. This points to the need for the transformation of the philanthropic marketplace.
The Legatum Institute

Applebaum attended Yale University and was a Marshall Scholar at the London School of Economics and St. Antony’s College, Oxford.

worked as the foreign and deputy editor of the Spectator magazine in London, the political editor of the Evening Standard, a columnist at several British newspapers and the Warsaw correspondent for The Economist. In 2004

I Smell George Soros !!!!!

new topics

top topics

join