It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Mining company about to destroy the Birthplace of the Sun / The heart of the world

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
With all of this talk about 2012 and the end of the world we tend to ignore the fact that the apocalypse has already descended for some, or at least has a clear date.

It is not a coincidence to the one that pays any attention to detail, that many sacred sites have been mined or are in the process of being pillaged for their resources, we can argue all day, but the direct connection exists.

Some ancient sacred sites were discovered to be sited precisely over ore rich deposits or geomagnetically anomalous areas, a few examples :

In Australia

In America

In Indonesia

and many more elsewhere (google: mining sites/operations on sacred lands)

But how or why did the ancients choose some spots in particular?
Many theories exist, ranging from anthropomorphic characteristics, to unexplained phenomena, like apparitions and contacts with unknown "entities", to plain and simple convenience or accessibility.
Mankind has always been fascinated trying to explain the things it perceives, our senses are sometimes capable of "feelings" and /or perceptions beyond the boundaries of our accepted range of possibilities, pre- defined of course by our cultural/ social environment.
We are what we believe and explain, regardless of being "right".

In that regard mining operations cannot stop or be bothered with "sacred" or "mundane" means, it must do what it must, and that is to gather and ship resources to the international markets, to meet the demand of whatever new thing we might need.

Silver, gold, aluminum, quartz, uranium, all are needed to power and build all that we are, Its not that the big mining company is evil per se, its just that those minerals and metals are in high demand. We need more smartphones!

All that long introduction was to get to this, In the state of San Luis Potosi, in Mexico, exists a mountain that is considered sacred by some local communities, these people are the Huichol, the mountain is commonly named "El Quemado" ("The charred" or "burnt").
I happen to have a great deal of respect for them, as they have given me much, I as a foreigner have been recognized and befriended by them, we have shared tales and have walked its slopes, and made the pilgrimage to the sacred Wirikuta on several occasions.

To the native Wixarika of Mexico, better known as the Huicholes, the mountains of Catorce and the desert at their feet are the centre of the world, a temple of prayer on the level of the Vatican. To a pair of Canadian mining companies, it's a mother lode of gold and silver in a market hungry for both. A battle for the UNESCO-recognised Wirikuta Natural and Cultural Ecological Reserve in the northern state of San Luis Potosí has been unfolding over the past year, since word got out that First Majestic Silver Corp. of Canada had been granted 22 mining concessions for more than 6,000 hectares, nearly 70 per cent of it within the reserve. The context seems like a movie script, but it's deadly serious to the Wixarika, whose core cultural practice for more than a thousand years has consisted of regular pilgrimages to Wirikuta, the birthplace of the sun: a magical desert where the balance of life on Earth is maintained through a sacred cactus that carries the wisdom of a blue deer.

In a press conference flanked by a cadre of grim-faced Wixarika men and women who had travelled for days from their communities in the western Sierra Madre, De la Cruz grew visibly emotional. "What they want to do is to rip out the vein of the heart of Wirikuta – and that’s why we’re here… We're not interested in gold and silver; what interests us is life."

source

where do we draw the line of respect, or is it that in our modern world there is no room left for it, if something gets in the way of "our way of life" we take it, the machine has no stopping mechanism, our desires impossible to fulfill.

What if the Wirikuta where indeed the heart of the world, and we just about to be witness of its stabbing?
To them, whose sole ancestral purpose is to tend to the heart of the world, what this company means to do is bring forth the destruction of all that they are, and no, they wont adapt and survive they are doomed to perish, just like us, tied to their beliefs, even if they are "right"

And now to show you a bit of what will be lost forever some personal photographs of the site.

Getting there

Crossing the desert

Almost there

Closer still

The sacred mountain

The garden of the gods, now ravaged by men.

And a short video of a trip I made with some researchers, we had a lot of equipment as we stayed in the wild for quite some time.

Where do we go from here? we haven't got much left.
And very little we can do. The end of the world is upon some already!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thank you for your effort, research and the time it took to write this thread. S & F for you. It is funny that I have read about this topic a very long time ago and the thought pretty much has been lost on me. It is truly awe inspiring that these cultures were drawn to these places without benefit of modern equipment.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
How would we feel if a bunch of Mexicans came up here and said, sorry Canadians, we're going to destroy the Hockey hall of fame because we believe there is gold and silver under there.

That's the equivalent. You'd have Joe Hockey from Manitoba on the first bus to Toronto ready to protest to death.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I would like to add that the pillaging started a long time ago, the biggest of which happened in 1959 when China started to destroy the entire culture of Tibet, the reasons for which are now apparent seeing as there are an estimated 600 billion Yuan in resources discovered in 2007.

Source 1

Source 2

Source 3

I visited Tibet about 3 years ago and was astonished at the work the Chinese had done, major roads and rivers being widened. You could travel for miles and not see anything then a junction with 4 petrol/gas stations, travel a great distance again and see nothing until we came across 4 more stations.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
a

link   
a

link   
a

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
this is so sad! the only solace i can foward is that my property is sacred space. there is nothing of value in my ground for any one to dig up but me - my garden! and i worship my land every day. this year was bountiful producing more veggies and cannabis that i could ever use! so i gave the excess away to my neighbours,and in turn they gave me stuff i didn;t grow. it all worked out well,and all was happy! (the cannabis helped a bit!)
so my friend,yes sacred land is being raped,but sacred land still exists! think posative,and do the same

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I do believe the DHARMA Initiative proved drilling on 'important' ground is an overall bad idea

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
As has been stated this pillaging of the "sacred" began a long time ago, in our mad rush to destroy ourselves we have trampled and forgotten why we respected the planet and its strange places, we forgot that we were once a part of the whole, and still are, but it lacks any real meaning to us.

Our exponential growth demands resources, we could recycle and have less impact on the planet but there is very business in doing the right thing, our efforts in vain.

Our forgotten brothers the indigenous peoples we left behind, represent ourselves we will be forgotten and trampled upon when the time comes, and the rest will only sit and watch unable to do much.

Some personal sources have told me that the First majestic paid 200 million pesos to the local government in order to get the concessions, I ask what are 20 million dollars to a billion dollar project?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Granted It may "only be" a piece of desert, in the middle of nowhere, and that the primes are needed, and that if its not them it will be someone else eventually, but its the how not the why I´m interested in, how we manage to rape and stomp on the most fundamental of rights : freedom of belief.

They who do not have voice, scream in vain for help, democracy and social rights mean nothing to them, they linger from a past age, I mean, that desert was the bottom of some ancient ocean, as archeological evidence suggests, change is the only constant that is for sure, but at what cost?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
oh ffs. you could thrown a stone and hit a tree that is sacred to one person or another.

progress and moving forward. you cant stop progress. i dont care if your or my great grandfather is buried at that place. dig it up and move on. someone somewhere has died on land everywhere. you cant declare the whole of everywhere sacred and thus untenable land.

stupid religious sacraligious plights. PROGRESS

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

you are correct, everything Is sacred, and everything IS connected by some electromagnetic means still unexplained, its the ways to the means whats being questioned, its just like in Australia, where the aborigines had tons of sacred trees and rocks, when progress got a hold of those sites without any regards to the people, they the aborigines, lost in a sense all meaning of existence, as their ancestral conception of the world led them to be indoctrinated into believing that all they were created for had been destroyed or taken.

I know its the winners that write history, but some are left behind and stripped of all they had, sometimes they are treated as sub humans when in reality I would consider them more human than me or many others, as they do not rely on artificiality in order to maintain their lives in working order, they are less robotic than we are in modernity and beyond!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Arizona Copper, we know it turns green
when they dig up our homes
tell us its legal, their fortunes and dreams
leave death toxins and scars that don't heal
if you don't like it you can go to court
maybe even win an appeal
but we know we can't win
its a government deal
I hope you never place your heart in your dreams
because living in Arizona they steal the land
ignore the living, muting their screams.

I feel your pain as you know
I am just a little bit south with
Rosemont Copper that lies
to the people with all they claim to offer.
I will give you a job, take your forest too
but don't try to stop us
or we will step all over you.

Another Canadian company, named
Rosemont Copper
claim they are green
as they rob our coffer.

EIS
www.rosemonteis.us...

Send me links to Resolution Copper EIS
I will write in opposition
that is what I have to offer.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Thanks for the link, it all comes down to that who can they oppose? the multinational, or the government?

Some people have been planted in R de14 by the company to seed the ideas of "more jobs", "education", "local engineers in the future", "development".

They have signed their death sentence, 90% of the water will go to the mining operation, communities will go barren, thousands are already doomed, no wonder narcs and the like can recruit young men and women into their ranks, some are offered a daily meal for their lives.

The world will endure us.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaRAGE
oh ffs. you could thrown a stone and hit a tree that is sacred to one person or another.

progress and moving forward. you cant stop progress. i dont care if your or my great grandfather is buried at that place. dig it up and move on. someone somewhere has died on land everywhere. you cant declare the whole of everywhere sacred and thus untenable land.

stupid religious sacraligious plights. PROGRESS

I could write a verse for an aussy or two
but I began to laugh as I saw their plight.
The only job they can get,
is selling made in china crap,
on the shopping channel tonight.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Gmoneycricket because: PS They call that PROGRESS

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneEyedProphet

What people don't realize its not just 1 mine or 2, there is also 3 quarries right in my area.
We will have to deal with a mining truck every 14 minutes down Hwy 83, blasting from 5 mines so far,
Dust from 5 mines, etc.
I have tried to move away from the mines in AZ 2 times, but the only way to get away, would be move out of state.

Does anyone want to buy some Ocean Front Property in AZ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Gmoneycricket

Strip mines are some of the worst examples of what humanity has to offer, ravaging everything in an enormous radius just for some pounds of mineral.

We ask the eternal question of post humanism, development or progress, what or who is to blame?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Back in the 1970s the BLM here in Calif asked the different tribes in the Calif desert where there sacred sites were and made mapped of them then in the 1980-90s different mining companies wanted to start operation in the Calif desert started to try to get permits.

Just about everyone of them had to fight the local tribes to get the permits and not one planned mining site was on land these tribes had reported as being sacred back in the 1970s

But guess what the tribes claimed they were sacred as soon as the saw they could get money from the mining companies.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ANNED

Unfortunately, that is also the reality, and whenever some see the opportunity to take advantage they will, there are crows , wolves and sheep in every community, but I can personally assure you that its not the case here, the Huichol do not even live near the place , its a 2 to 3 week walk through the desert for them to get there from where they live.

The problem here is that the locals do want the mine they see it as an opportunity of having something, conditions are very very harsh sometimes, surviving is a feat in itself.

This case diverges to others in some very interesting areas!

cheers!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join