It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can violance and riots trully be the answer?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I am sort of new to ATS so if this is the wrong forum I am sorry....let me know and I'll delete it if I can do that? Anyways I have been reading a lot of threads on ATS with what little free time I have and I have realized a lot of people are calling for a violent revolution or open conflict with the police. People justify petty crimes on the grounds that Washington and Wall Street commit much larger crimes. I have to believe that most of whats being said is big talk or just frustrated bs. Things are not that bad here......look at other countries, there probably isnt a nation in Africa that has known a ruling faction for more than 10 years. Yes our job market is down right now but many of you were more than happy to ship our jobs to other countries to get cheap products and make yourself feel better about being a citizen of the world. Yes we have lost some of our freedoms but it is not nearly the police-state I have seen described, and again many of you begged for that after 9-11 myself included.

So my question to those who think that violent conflict and a possible revolution is how do you believe either of those will help any of us? You do realize that unless it was a total uprising, and even then, much of our country would die. You also risk the problem of over zealous fools killing you because they feel they know whats best....in my short time here I have already seen one guy calling for all lawyers, judges, mayors, and sheriffs to be killed because of his misguided interpretation of how criminal law works. Finally what about when the war is over and ya'll win....are you really sure that some altruistic people will rise to power. You may so o we wont let this happen again, but we slowly let it happen once already. Just my two cents tho.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by onfire49

when paperwork and protests don't cut the mustard....

What else is left but the fight...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

Yes this seems to be the standard thinking but what I am asking you is can you really say things are that bad that your willing to lose your loved ones and everything you own. If so what is your reasoning and how can you justify the revolution?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverForget

when paperwork and protests don't cut the mustard....

What else is left but the fight...

In the never ending quest for freedom, one must always fight. How we fight is dependent upon the strategies we employ. Strategy is key. Understanding the field of battle, and your opponents strategies is also key, if one expects to successfully fight for freedom. Prudence is always the better part of valor. One who conquers the universe does so by not conquering the universe.

It is pointless to acquiesce to tyranny until the yoke of restraint becomes to tight and then fight for freedom, and makes much more sense to not acquiesce from the get go, and to do so quietly, without any fanfare so as to not bring any unnecessary attention to yourself.

If 99% of the people were to actually refuse to acquiesce to tyranny there would be no need for violence. It is too often said that if the leaders would only lead the people will surely follow, but I think it is truer that if the people would only lead, the leaders will surely follow.

Be careful what you lead these leaders to.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Well, to answer your question with a question.....

In hindsight, how would you have settled the dispute in your country 139 years ago? Would you have put up the fight? For the future of your generations? For your grandchildren?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Latest developments in the global Occupy protests

online.wsj.com... 74b78dd5.html

San Diego County sheriff's deputies descended on the encampment around 2:30 a.m. Friday, declared an unlawful assembly and removed tents, canopies, tables and other furniture.

The Police DECLARED an unlawful assembly at 2:30am

Protesters were arrested after school officials ordered the four-week-old protest site closed over safety concerns. New Mexico state police raided the spot late Tuesday and have prevented protesters from returning.

Who are these school officials that they can ORDER anything??

Mayor Michael Bloomberg said protesters voluntarily surrendered six generators and a dozen gasoline cans, which he called illegal safety hazards. Protest volunteer Iana Dikidjiea said the generators were used for a kitchen, emergency lights and media equipment.

There is a Noreaster coming in and they took their equipment.

Commissioner Bill Gibbons said Republican Gov. Bill Haslam's office approved the pre-dawn roundup of protesters for refusing to comply with a new overnight curfew and permit requirements.
About 75 state troopers began moving into the Legislative Plaza a little after 3 a.m. Twenty-nine people were arrested, but a night judge refused to sign their warrants because the policy had only been in effect since the previous afternoon

the Judge refused to sign their warrants so they had no legal right to do what they did.
The answer is YES it can and probably will get violent if the PTB continue to break the laws, over and over again!!
We the people are the only ones who can stop this and we have to, if only for our childrens futures.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Just had a thought, no offense taken if you ignore it. Can we compare the revolution to suicide? It does happen that some people become so overwhelmed with pain, loss, or hopelessness. Perhaps a berserker rage that will eventually end up in death, but at the time seems the only way out.

Part of my fear, if I'm right, is that they may not all be berserkers, some may be controllers.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverForget

They are to separate scenarios....During the American Revolution I like to think that I would have been all for the cause. But here I just dont see that things have gotten severe enough to warrant bloodshed. Do I advocate waiting until they are rounding up American's in there homes and executing them in the street, no that is the other extreme. I just dont see why we shouldnt be trying to educate others and resorting to everything besides violence until a time comes where it is needed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

We are already loosing what we own. Millions of us are going hungry and homeless are we suposed to just sit back and say well thats just their own fault? NO it is the fault of the Federal reserve which as far as I am concerned is an illegal entity. Would you wait until we no longer have the means to fight them? Then will it be "oh its no use" and surender. WE are a country of revolutionaires, we are a Republic not a democracy! We still have a right to revolution and if we dont exercise that right it will be taken from us.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

We are slowly and silently being enslaved by the monetary system, never has the time been more appropriate than to act pronto.

The boiling frog anology comes to mind.

They say that if you put a frog into a pot of boiling water,
it will leap out right away to escape the danger.

But, if you put a frog in a kettle that is filled with water that is cool and pleasant,
and then you gradually heat the kettle until it starts boiling,
the frog will not become aware of the threat until it is too late.
The frog's survival instincts are geared towards detecting sudden changes.

This is a story that is used to illustrate how people might get themselves into terrible trouble.
This parable is often used to illustrate how humans have to be careful to watch slowly changing trends in the environment, not just the sudden changes. Its a warning to keep us paying attention not just to obvious threats but to more slowly developing ones.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I personally think at this stage in the game a revolution would be a kamikaze mission.....i wont lost very long and if your lucky you might hit something but more likely u'll be shot out of the sky or miss your target. My point is that things arent that bad that the general population would get behind a revolution and if anything once it failed the police state would come down harder and people would beg for it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It's human nature my friend. How many times in the past have you seen any revolution that wasn't accompanied by violence? Conflict is what we specialize at as a species.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DelightfulDruid

We are already loosing what we own. Millions of us are going hungry and homeless are we suposed to just sit back and say well thats just their own fault? NO it is the fault of the Federal reserve which as far as I am concerned is an illegal entity. Would you wait until we no longer have the means to fight them? Then will it be "oh its no use" and surender. WE are a country of revolutionaires, we are a Republic not a democracy! We still have a right to revolution and if we dont exercise that right it will be taken from us.

I agree with you on the federal reserve thing. The fed needs to be audited then fully disbanded and trial need to take place. I also dont believe you can blame all homelessness on the fed but thats a story for another day. I have to say that we dont have the means to fight the gov't now. What are lets be generous and say even 20% of the population gunna do? Do you think a bunch of pissed off people with small arms are gunna do anything against the worlds most powerful military machine. And its a crap shoot then once you are all massacred whether the rest of the country will wake up. As for this being a republic that probably works against you or more likely the distinction between democracy and republic is unimportant for this case

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Protests are not violence and riots. They are being assertive, not aggressive. Being aggressive is a choice, its not built into peaceful demonstrations.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a

link   
a

link   
a

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable" - John F. Kennedy

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

I was not saying the protests are violence....protest all you want thats fine. I was referencing all the calls to violence on this website and whether anyone believes its a good thing or is more as I believe a lot of big talk

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Those promoting violence are doing so from the programs TPTB are instilling in them from birth, and I agree, its really disappointing to see how many are not understanding that the higher virtues and qualities of Love, Compassion and Equality need to practiced in everything we do.

The principles of the protests I agree with , but suspect it was orchestrated by the black ops. What tptb in turn don't realize is their infinity circles aren't circles, they're spirals and the same people aren't returning. They won't be having a blast from the past, cosmically people are preparing for upgrades. So they're symbology on the bank mural is really wasted. When they need to join with ordinary folk themselves and start trying to work out their own progression while there's still time.

Its the intent of the hearts of the protestors that count here, they're handing back the karma for this negative world of starvation/inequality and wars and that means they're not accepting roles passively of co-creating these crimes.

I would be happier to see it all done, via peaceful meditation protests and counsels formed everywhere locally meeting with their elected leaders to negotiate a better world on a regular basis. With some civic actions taken.

The biggest one is to create small businesses locally and commit to not buying their products, they want to crash an economy, we can build our own and theirs can fall.

vigilantcitizen.com...
Bank mural

There is one that shows the circle of fire and annanuki in the sky, ie. the mayan calendar return of the Quetzcoatl, and what looks like riots.

That date is for today and this month.

What alarms me is that the protests went on during the Great Depression, and ww2 ended them. Hope we don't get a repeat in any way shape or form.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join