Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration
I feel like this is more of a problem with ritual. yes wiccans will walk around high and might saying its the 'old religion' and such only because it has its roots in primal man when the thought of some higher power arouse and man first started making symbols and burrying their dead. lol I admit to never being religous but did dabble in paganism as a kid, and as so I agree with No witch is a good one :-) but how can one be so bad...the devil/Lucifer does work for God/heaven right?

I have never read it myself but have had enough conversations about it and recommend it --Common sense by Thomas payne--- it was very popular in its hay-day and a large portion of it is a denouncing of faith as a whole, but there are parts that are extremely interesting and explain the 'designer religions' such as Christianity. Its all psychological, our beliefs,.....and what pleases the mind (just like a conspiracy theory) and brings closure to the terrifying like death and dying, wins out as top religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Invariance
Research is grand, why don't you put a little effort into the real facts? Christianity is based on paganism. Moreover, your post OP would be like me saying that all Roman Catholics are murderers since they almost wiped out my ancestors.

Last time I checked, religious hatred, spreading hatred and religious discrimination are illegal in every major country of the world!

Your god promised no more floods, my gods promised no more giants... I don't see any giants.

I respectfully ask the MODS to please move this entire thread to HOAX!

That's true. in fact Wicca is the only officially recognised pagan religion in Australia. Hmm should I do "the Christian thing" and complain to the Mods that someone is maliciously attacking my legal and recognised religion? should I do that to silence them? I might see how it goes.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration

Originally posted by Lysergic

The Devil never actually existed.

Biggest trick the Devil pulled was to convince people he doesn't exist!

THE BIGGEST TRICK THAT GOD EVER PULLED WAS CONVICING CHRISTIANS THAT HE WAS THE GOOD GUY...

God apparently gave us freedom of choice. Do as he says OR fry!!! Where's the choice in that? god is a hypocrite.

Open your eyes my friend.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Amatoremsapeientiae

Well thank you op i love your type of people, the crazy right, hate others just because they are different people.

"People"?

Did you even read the OP?

Wicca isn't "people", it's an ideology.

how do you have an idiology without the people? Sorry sir but that deflection was lame at best in my view. Wicca is a belief and alot of people believe.
edit on 29-10-2011 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by Amatoremsapeientiae
Well thank you op i love your type of people, the crazy right, hate others just because they are different people. Your remind me off my Grandparents. i have a Wiccan friend, she would pity you. Yet I am not. When people like you tell me I deserve hell, because I don't believe in your spooky man in the sky, or your silly little book. When i come across people like you it disgust me, how can there still be bigots in an age of Nuclear power, and space exploration. My guess is you'll have a heart attack, and die, when (when not if) we meet Extraterrestrials. Just because i know it will piss you off, i think I'm going to go buy a bible, and use it for toilet paper. No wait better yet I'm going to get an angel costume, then make a name tag with, The Morning Star, and wear it to work on Halloween the most important Wiccan holiday. You should really watch the movie Dogma, George Carlin plays a great Cardinal. Christians who interpret that book as fact are hilarious.

Well reading your post I can clearly see who is spreading religious hatred and it is not the OP. It is you.

You have no understanding of Christianity atall and I think no understanding of Wicca. Because my Wiccan friends would never talk like that. Shame on you.

You keep saying this regardless of the fact that the opening parragraph was a malicious attack on Wicca. It seems that any view which is none christian will be seen by you as spreadin hate.

MODS please send this thread to the hoax bin as it is in insult to my legal and officially recognised religion and I can't see it getting any better.

Wiccans do not worship the Christians devil as we do not believe in the devil. This is a false claim and what I believe to be an age old effort to demonise paganism.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Oh look people. He's quoting Old testament again. He's quoting Bible again. The same bible assembled by those who crucified Jesus. By Catholics.

Maybe, just maybe, they were, like humans so often are, scared of something they do not fully understand.

Let God judge. You are playing into the devils hands by taking the high ground, because there is no high ground. It is not for you to judge.
edit on 29-10-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Wotan

Oh so paganism was around before the Old testament? I don't think so...

Paganism is not the old religion you say it is, paganism was formed in rebellion to the God of Abraham our true God Yahweh. Moses also exposed the pagan God's as being false when he brought Yahweh's wrath to Egypt...

Well Pagan actually means country people and the term stems from the time when christianity was converting people and those further out still held on to the old way. Pagans in general and Wiccans in particular follow, through ritual as well, meta physics or the belief that we can shape our lives by what we think or or focus on. and that's making it simple. There's 3o,ooo year old cave paintings if animals next to totems and science believes that alot of the paintings were most likey afforts to attract animals to the hunt prior to the hunt because there's paintings on top of painings meaning the the previous pantings no longer meant anything (post hunt). That's law of attraction, meta physics. And tribes still do it today so who's the young one?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
That was quite a sermon, although it sounds like you ve left your brain on a spin cycle at the local laundry.

Where does science come into the argument, there was a time when it was considered witchcraft Does that mean because I carried out an experiment in a petri dish at school I am at one with the devil, I don't think so.

Every individual should have the right to follow whatever religeon they want without having someone elses opinion stuffed down there throat.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by Revolution9

Originally posted by Amatoremsapeientiae
Well thank you op i love your type of people, the crazy right, hate others just because they are different people. Your remind me off my Grandparents. i have a Wiccan friend, she would pity you. Yet I am not. When people like you tell me I deserve hell, because I don't believe in your spooky man in the sky, or your silly little book. When i come across people like you it disgust me, how can there still be bigots in an age of Nuclear power, and space exploration. My guess is you'll have a heart attack, and die, when (when not if) we meet Extraterrestrials. Just because i know it will piss you off, i think I'm going to go buy a bible, and use it for toilet paper. No wait better yet I'm going to get an angel costume, then make a name tag with, The Morning Star, and wear it to work on Halloween the most important Wiccan holiday. You should really watch the movie Dogma, George Carlin plays a great Cardinal. Christians who interpret that book as fact are hilarious.

Well reading your post I can clearly see who is spreading religious hatred and it is not the OP. It is you.

You have no understanding of Christianity atall and I think no understanding of Wicca. Because my Wiccan friends would never talk like that. Shame on you.

You keep saying this regardless of the fact that the opening parragraph was a malicious attack on Wicca. It seems that any view which is none christian will be seen by you as spreadin hate.

MODS please send this thread to the hoax bin as it is in insult to my legal and officially recognised religion and I can't see it getting any better.

Wiccans do not worship the Christians devil as we do not believe in the devil. This is a false claim and what I believe to be an age old effort to demonise paganism.

Yes, I do understand you. I would not have posted a thread like this personally, but there are some good points and a very interesting discussion going on.

It is really hard for me. I used to practice Wicca. I practiced magic big time (using one's imagination to charge a desired outcome). I manipulated things too much and it hit me right back. Nearly died. I am much happier with Christ.

But I still have a great affection for nature people, have friends into all that. I am in the minority really where I live. Most people here now are more interested in the natural way.

My desire is to try and create some good feeling between us all. Just don't lynch Christians when you have all the power because the world is going pagan again. It really is not my fault what those Roman Catholics did. They did not do it in the Spirit of Christ; they did it for control, spreading fear and to crush traditional healing. I have so few friends as a Christian. When I was Wiccan the world was mine. I had everything I wanted. Now I live as a very misunderstood human with so few friends. But it was worth it for the comfort it has brought to my soul.

Please all of us try to tolerate and learn from each other. Christians should not judge others. We are not Jesus or The LORD. I see myself as a human being finding his way and tolerating all other ways (as long as they are not hurtful to others and against the law).

It is a sad old world that humans find it so difficult to live with diversity. The truth is every human being is different and individual. We are a world of 7 billion individuals, all with their own choices and decisions. Let's try and respect that at least.

One Love, I say.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling
edit on 29-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: spelling

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by saycheese
That was quite a sermon, although it sounds like you ve left your brain on a spin cycle at the local laundry.

Where does science come into the argument, there was a time when it was considered witchcraft Does that mean because I carried out an experiment in a petri dish at school I am at one with the devil, I don't think so.

Every individual should have the right to follow whatever religeon they want without having someone elses opinion stuffed down there throat.

Lovely words. That is the best we can do as humans.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   

reply to post by Wotan

Paganism is not the old religion you say it is, paganism was formed in rebellion to the God of Abraham our true God Yahweh. Moses also exposed the pagan God's as being false when he brought Yahweh's wrath to Egypt...

Yes paganism is much older.
The catholic religion was recognized around 325CE.
Christianity, the bible, is nothing more than a collection of stories and pagan beliefs incoporated.

You really think back when we first started to think about 'other things' apart from hunting like, spirits, gods and the like, that humans were christians?

They were obviously pagan.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma

reply to post by Wotan

Yes paganism is much older.
The catholic religion was recognized around 325CE.
Christianity, the bible, is nothing more than a collection of stories and pagan beliefs incoporated.

You really think back when we first started to think about 'other things' apart from hunting like, spirits, gods and the like, that humans were christians?

They were obviously pagan.

You are misunderstanding the Bible. Have you ever read it? I have read it all, several times. I have also conducted my own extensive research about it's origins.

It is not as plain and simple as you suggest; the linear progression from being apes to humans. In fact, we were never ape like atall. Before we became like the animals having to hunt and kill for food we were in a state of grace. In Noah's time a substantial amount of civilization may have been achieved. The Flood (even many geologists agree that the flood happened) destroyed most of the earth and civilization, leaving just a remnant of people to start again.

The Bible tells us we fell from grace. This is the result of that, the world today.

The Creator revealed Himself to Abraham, that is the beginning of Judaism. They still practiced paganism at that time, even Abram, before his name changed. Abraham was from Southern Iraq. The first Jews were Iraqi! That is where the Jews come from originally. Under The LORD's direction Abraham left his homeland and went to Canaan and Egypt. The Creator revealed Himself to certain men at certain times. He chose the Jews as a people to establish His presence in human history. There is no Pagan version of YHVH. He is different. He did not demand Isaac as a sacrifice like Baal did. That is what that account is about. The LORD revealed Himself to Moses and did battle with the Pagan priests of Pharaoh. I have read all the same stuff as you have. He does not come from Pagan origins; He revealed Himself through His chosen.

Israel is the only nation of people who had these experiences originally. Nowhere else will you find this form of monotheism. Even in monotheistic Egypt their god was still a sun god. YHVH has no image atall. He forbids the practice of worshipping statues, idols and images. All other gods and goddesses had images that the people literally worshipped as their god. The God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob is not Pagan. The LORD told us not to worship planets, the sun and stars because they are just objects. Statues, too, are just objects. What is the point of bowing to an idol that cannot see, that cannot hear, that has no life. You are just praying to wood and stone.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarification
edit on 29-10-2011 by Revolution9 because: clarification

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Why can't Christians just keep their opinions to themselves instead of preaching s***e all the time, why don't you just let everyone else who doesnt follow your religion be and let themselves make up their minds.
Getting sick of deluded people on here now its like being at school again with the threats of Hell.
I ask you why do you try to convert people so much? do you get a gold star if you convert people?

ALL RELIGIONS NEED ONE STATEMENT IN THEIR HOLY BOOKS

Treat people how you want to be treated...............thats it nothing else thats all we need.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You are misunderstanding the Bible. Have you ever read it?

I'm catholic and went to a catholic school.

It is not as plain and simple as you suggest; the linear progression from being apes to humans. In fact, we were never ape like atall.

No it's not as plain and simple of course not.
So science is wrong then? We were never apes like?

Before we became like the animals having to hunt and kill for food we were in a state of grace

This is all according to the bible of course. Scientific evidence would disagree somewhat.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Why can't Christians just keep their opinions to themselves instead of preaching s***e all the time, why don't you just let everyone else who doesnt follow your religion be and let themselves make up their minds.
Getting sick of deluded people on here now its like being at school again with the threats of Hell.
I ask you why do you try to convert people so much? do you get a gold star if you convert people?

ALL RELIGIONS NEED ONE STATEMENT IN THEIR HOLY BOOKS

Treat people how you want to be treated...............thats it nothing else thats all we need.

Who is trying to convert you? Show me. You know the answer to what you have written. Christians have just as much right to express themselves in any way they want as Pagans do. Pagan people post on subjects here all the time. That is good. I am glad they do.

You are just telling Christians they should not have a voice and be quiet. That is a bad attitude my friend and I assure you I will not stay quiet. Kill me if you like, but I will speak with this voice proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ as long as I live because in the long run I know it will save humans from themselves.

Look at the mess of this world. We are on our way to destruction because of our collective behavior. We are poisoning everything.

Pagans, nature people who love nature so much, they still drive cars polluting the atmosphere and creating such a demand for oil that their governments go to war for it. Isn't that just as hypocritical as a Church that commits genocide upon people, pretending that they do it in the Spirit of Christ.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

You are misunderstanding the Bible. Have you ever read it?

I'm catholic and went to a catholic school.

It is not as plain and simple as you suggest; the linear progression from being apes to humans. In fact, we were never ape like atall.

No it's not as plain as simple of course not.
So science is wrong then? We were never apes like?

Before we became like the animals having to hunt and kill for food we were in a state of grace

This is all according to the bible of course. Scientific evidence would disagree somewhat.

Some science disagrees and some agrees. You know that. Darwin's theory collapses very easily under analysis.

I could accuse this modern world of following some guy from two hundred years ago that told us we are all from the apes.

Science is no more solid a way of explaining creation. Theories and speculation, fashions and trends. Saying one thing then next year utterly refuting the previous theories, a tradition! Look at the damage science has done to our world. I don't believe in destructive forces like the atom bomb, all the horrible military killing machines, all the poisons associated with inventions.

You know we could probably keep on having this debate forever and get nowhere. We either believe or we don't. Stubborn humans will hold their own views and stubborn we all are.

This thread is actually very good because it is allowing for us to communicate and have a dialogue. That is diplomacy, very healthy. Keep it going. No, Pagans, don't shut up. No, Christians, don't shut up!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Yes I think you should stop all the preaching, I am sick to death of so called Christians telling me that I will goto Hell if I don't accept Jesus into my life (Many of my workmates do this).
Christians just don't accept that there are other religions and other ways of life and you look down on anyone who doesnt follow your religion.
Why don't we expose the many wrongs Christanity has done to the world eh? instead of you spouting crap on how everything other than Christianity is wrong and evil pffft.
I know a fella who claims he a a wiccan and he is a cool spiritual person who wouldn't hurt a fly and you call his beliefs evil? Take a look in the mirror mate.
edit on 29-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Some science disagrees and some agrees. You know that. Darwin's theory collapses very easily under analysis.

Yes but it certainly holds more weight than a claim in a book.

I could accuse this modern world of following some guy from two hundred years ago that told us we are all from the apes.

Or accuse another guy from 3000 years ago?

Science is no more solid a way of explaining creation.

That I agree.

Look at the damage science has done to our world. I don't believe in destructive forces like the atom bomb, all the horrible military killing machines, all the poisons associated with inventions.

Look at it from another perspective. What has science given us?
Well for starters medicine and medical technology.
My father in law wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for science. I wouldn't be able to keep contact with my family with them being far if it wasn't for science. We wouldn't be able to discuss this as were doing now if it wasn't for science.
It's not science that's to blame. Human beings are individuals.
I'm not a techie kind of guy but i'm just showing you what science has done and that's nothing, were talking about saving millions of people from simple diseases that before you could die.

You know we could probably keep on having this debate forever and get nowhere. We either believe or we don't. Stubborn humans will hold their own views and stubborn we all are.

I like discussing this with you

Coming from a very christian country and family, I can say that it's the christians who are more stubborn that anyone else.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Yes but it certainly holds more weight than a claim in a book.

Or accuse another guy from 3000 years ago?

Science is no more solid a way of explaining creation.

That I agree.

Look at the damage science has done to our world. I don't believe in destructive forces like the atom bomb, all the horrible military killing machines, all the poisons associated with inventions.

Look at it from another perspective. What has science given us?
Well for starters medicine and medical technology.
My father in law wouldn't be alive right now if it wasn't for science. I wouldn't be able to keep contact with my family with them being far if it wasn't for science. We wouldn't be able to discuss this as were doing now if it wasn't for science.
It's not science that's to blame. Human beings are individuals.
I'm not a techie kind of guy but i'm just showing you what science has done and that's nothing, were talking about saving millions of people from simple diseases that before you could die.

I like discussing this with you

Coming from a very christian country and family, I can say that it's the christians who are more stubborn that anyone else.

Thank you. I enjoy your comments also. Of course you are right to state all the benefits of Science.

Us poor humans! We have this dual nature of good and evil. I am just a moth looking for the light (and yes I have burned myself many times).

I think you are right. Christians are very very stubborn. Sometimes a good thing, sometimes not so good. I said before I have Wiccan friends that behave in a more Christian way than some Christians I know...the irony of that.

I just want us all to stay on good terms and use our collective powers to keep going forward positively.

Dr Cosma, I take my hat off to you!

I got to go away for a while, be back here a bit later. Have a beautiful day/night whatever time zone you are in. I befriended you, too.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
ALso you say that the OP isn't preaching?
Well stop using quotes from the bible
IE: John chapter 2 verse 7 "And then the Angel said "Make them follow Christ and if they don't Kill them with thy Sword and if they still don't follow Christ tell them they will be burned in Hell when they die" and John said "I will and I will make my followers post dumb posts on ATS with a higher than thou attitude"...

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join