It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 41
<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: RevelationGeneration
When Christians become so legalistic that they forget the spirit of Jesus teachings ... well, it's a sad thing. They become a clanging cymbal .. they become nothing.

1 Corinthians 13:1-2 - though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I have become sounding brass or a clanging cymbal. And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries and all knowledge, and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I believe in God, but not in the Bible.
It was written by men IMO.
I started reading the old testament a few years ago, and got to a point where they were writing about how women at a certain time of the month are "unclean" and should be kept in a separate room.
That was it for me.
I didn't mind reading about the man who lived in a whale, or Noah's ark, but reading how women were unclean pissed me off.
I put the book down , and never picked it up again.

As you said FlyersFan,
Science can disprove most of those stories.
Very well put.

(Ps: Remind me to never piss you off.
You've got girl power x10000.)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rainbowresidue
I didn't mind reading about the man who lived in a whale, or Noah's ark, but reading how women were unclean pissed me off.

The author of this thread demands that people buy into the entire bible literally in order to be able to believe in God. Besides being hogwash .. that's insane. That means the OP of this thread literally hates women and yet has the audacity to scream that people 'hate God and reject Christ' because they reject the following biblical ignorance (ignorance that he must embrace or else he 'hates God' - and that's his own words! ) -

Check out some of these misogynistic absurdities ...

What the bible says about women

Leviticus 27:6 A child aged 1 month to five years of age was worth 5 shekels if a boy and 3 shekels if a girl. "And if it be from a month old even unto five years old, then thy estimation shall be of the male five shekels of silver, and for the female thy estimation shall be three shekels of silver."

Deuteronomy 22:28-29 requires that a virgin woman who has been raped must marry her attacker, no matter what her feelings are towards the rapist. "If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife...

Genesis 21:10: A man could simultaneously keep numerous concubines. These were sexual partners of an even lower status than a wife was. As implied in this verse she could be dismissed when no longer needed: Sarah is recorded as saying: "...Cast out this bondwoman and her son: for the son of this bondwoman shall not be heir with my son, even with Isaac." Abraham had two concubines; Gideon: at least 1; David: many; Nahor: 1; Jacob: 1; Eliphaz: 1; Gideon: 1; Caleb: 2; Manassah: 1; Saul: 1; David: at least 10; Rehoboam: 60; Solomon: 300; an unidentified Levite: 1; Belshazzar: more than 1

HEY OP ... are you married? If your wife says her prayers and doesn't put a hat on, then she must hate God - according to you she has to follow and believe every word of scripture. So does she wear a hat when she prays or is she a 'God hater'?? 1 Corinthians 11:5 But every wife who prays or prophesies with her head uncovered dishonors her head, since it is the same as if her head were shaven.

Shades of the Taliban -
1 Timothy 2:12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to exercise authority over a man; rather, she is to remain quiet.

(Thank Goodness Mother Teresa ignored this next one ... otherwise a lot of people around the world would have been left to suffer and die)
1 Corinthians 14:34 The women should keep silent in the churches. For they are not permitted to speak, but should be in submission, as the Law also says.

And there is this one ... always makes me laugh ... typical men blaming the women for everything wrong but excusing the man - 1 Timothy 2:14 And Adam was not deceived, but the woman was deceived and became a transgressor.

Remind me to never piss you off.

Okay .... don't ever piss me off.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 07:17 AM
link   
TO THE OP ... so you say we have to take the entire bible literally to prove that we believe in God? and aren't evil hell-bound heathens like the Wiccans supposedly are? Okay ... take my 'do you hate God test' ...

Do you eat bacon? Pork chops? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 11:4 “Nevertheless these shall ye not eat of them that chew the cud, or of them that divide the hoof: as the camel, because he cheweth the cud, but divideth not the hoof; he is unclean unto you.”

Do you eat lobster? Clams? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 11:10 “And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you.”

Do you eat anything with fat in it? Hamburgers? Steak? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 3:17 “It shall be a perpetual statute for your generations throughout all your dwellings, that ye eat neither fat…

Do you go out of your home without a hat? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 10:6 “Uncover not your heads, neither rend your clothes; lest ye die, and lest wrath come upon all the people.”

Do you wear clothing of mixed content ... wool/cotton/synthetics? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 19:19 “Neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee.”

Do you shave? Cut your hair? Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 19:27 “Ye shall not round the corners of your heads.” Leviticus 19:27 “Neither shalt thou mar the corners of thy beard.”

Got a tattoo? Do members of your family or your church have tattoos? Then they don't believe in the bible and so they are hell bound. Leviticus 19:28 “Ye shall not make any cuttings in your flesh for the dead, nor print any marks upon you: I am the Lord.”

Do you have a garden or a planted yard that has different kinds of plants in it? YIKES! Then you don't believe in the bible and so you must reject Jesus and hate God. Leviticus 19:19 “Thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed.”

GET THE PICTURE YET? It's the SPIRIT of what Jesus came to teach that is important. Being legalistic or buying literally into all the outdated nonsense and folklore of the Old Testament isn't what determines if someone believes in God or if they have a good soul ... otherwise no one would 'make it'. If you think the Wiccans are evil .. then pray for them to come to know Jesus. But pray for yourself as well. Being legalistic isn't 'knowing Jesus'.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Rainbowresidue

She is the best Christian I know

God gave us a mind to use and to question everything..If we didn't we would be wasting what she gave us.
How dare Revgen slag off Flyers, she has been there and done it worn the t-shirt and been around the block.
Always a pleasure to read and chat with her
I love Flyers

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Pffhahaha...

/End thread

ha... who am I kidding... this guy has be reviving his garbage for years...

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Akragon

yeah I can't see rev coming back after Flyers amazing post.
Unle3ss he attempts to tell us he has never done any of those things lol.

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

Oh he'll be back I guarantee it...

He takes a break for a few months then revives one of his hated filled threads upon his return on the regular...

I don't even deal with him anymore... simply got tired of making a fool of his posts...

but trust me.... he will be back

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I don't even deal with him anymore...
He represents a viewpoint a lot of people share, so I don't think it is useful to ignore it, or to put on an act as if the explanation for that view is that he believes it because there is something wrong with him.

edit on 12-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2014 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

I agree but after a few year of dealing with this guy i just gave up...

His ideals are learned by listening to others and what they believe is true as opposed to reading for himself...

One charismatic preacher can ruin the whole bunch...

A tiny bit of leaven in the dough and the whole lot is leavened

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Leviticus!!!!!!! It's my all time favorite!!! I love the old testament ...it's the most barbaric sh&*t I've ever read !! They don't talk about the incest and rape that god ordered in Sunday school though ....but I guess that's why you can justify any behavior you want to if you're pious enough.

Disclaimer: I am a horror fan and I love works of fiction

edit on 13-5-2014 by paleorchid13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2014 @ 02:31 AM
link   
let me count the ways God kills ..this is good ..he get's people to kill their first born son .....

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
Oh he'll be back I guarantee it...

Looks like he ran away from this thread. When he comes back we'll have to insist that he come back on here and face the questions I asked him. He owes answers.

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

His ideals are learned by listening to others and what they believe is true as opposed to reading for himself...
A few years back, I would defend the god of the Old Testament.
There is a way to do that, but you have to believe in the utter truthfulness of it to do that, for example that somehow the Canaanites were inherently evil, which is of course totally racist.
You really need to educate yourself on the Old Testament to a point where you see the flaws in the claims made of it, as it being a reliable historical document for things that happened when people were still writing in what was essentially hieroglyphics.

edit on 14-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

I seem to recall those days actually... And I agree, it takes some study to understand the issues with the OT....

Especially if one is brought up with the belief that the OT is all Christian, all good, and free from error...

I think that is where the disconnect comes in... people believe because the books of the OT are between the same cover, it must be all Gods word

Personally I believe IF Christians followed the man who the religion is based around... there would be no issues...

In fact I would even have little issue with claiming to be Christian as well... but because of the beliefs of people like our OP, and many many others... I refuse to make that claim

The OT is very Unchristian in many aspects... I just wish people would see it

posted on May, 14 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   

. . . issue with claiming to be Christian . . .
You do have a point.
And thanks for clarifying that, since I didn't understand it before.
In practical terms, "Christian" would include accepting the Old Testament.
I can't think of a denomination that doesn't.

posted on Aug, 21 2014 @ 06:41 PM
link   

I learnt about wicca recently and found it quite interesting at first but the thing I couldn't jst comprehend was the fact that they claim to be involved with nature and yet they have the words'witchcraft' or 'paganism' behind their names and they use the pentagram symbol which is a widely celebrated satanic symbol and yet claim not to worship the devil. In my own view anything that has the name 'witch' and 'pagan' is of the devil so why bother arguing.......

posted on Aug, 23 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I say thou shalt not suffer the stupidity of the religious. I wouldn't go so far as as to want to burn the religious, but they should bloody start watching their backs.

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I know it's a kind of a late response but I know more nutty christians will visit this page and will try to bash Wicca and paganism with information on this page, so I post. Firstly, if you haven't learned it yet, christianity is NOT the only theology on world. There are thousands of other religions and percentage non-judeochristian religions are bigger than judeo-christian ones. Also yes, paganism predates your religion, it had been existing even before writing has been found, it cannot be a rebellion against yahweh, because yahweh was not around that time, judaism and christianity did NOT even existed while paganism was the dominant religion. Also none of wiccans believe satan/devil or any kind of evil entities and Wiccan theology has nothing to do with christian theology, so when you say ''Wiccans are evil because worship the devil'' it has same impact on Wicca and Wiccans as a muslim yelling to christians ''You are all evil because you believe a spoiled version of Islam and you'll all go to hell''. Do you believe Islam? Of course not. So would you care if a muslim said these things to you? Once again, of course not because spoilage of bible is an islamic element and does not exists in christianity, also you would think that person is an idiot. Wiccans think same when you try to add satan, a christian figure to Wicca, a non-christian religion.

Also no one in history of satanism believed satan as a real figure. And no, Church of Satan does not believe in satan, they only use it as a symbol of freedom. Actually Satanists do not worship anything and ,this may surprise you, they don't believe in demons either. So... what have we learned? Two religions have 0 impact on each others' beliefs. Just like a Wiccan cannot say you will be punished by three fold law for not honoring the Goddess, who is non-existent according to chrisitanity, you cannot say wiccans will go to hell because they worship satan, which is non-existent according to Wicca. Also sorry but you are a kind of person who makes all other people leave christianity because you and people like you make it look like a blood thirsty and intolerant religion.

Fun fact: according to practioners of Stregheria (they are not Wiccans), christians worship the devil:

''And when the priests or the nobility
Shall say to you that you should put your faith
In the Father, Son, and Mary, then reply:
'Your God, the Father, and Maria are
Three devils....'

For the true God the Father is not yours;
For I have come to sweep away the bad,
The men of evil, all will I destroy!

Ye who are poor suffer with hunger keen,
And toll in wretchedness, and suffer too
Full oft imprisonment; yet with it all
Ye have a soul, and for your sufferings
Ye shall be happy in the other world,
But ill the fate of all who do ye wrong!''
(Gospel of Aradia)

It does not make any sense to your right? Because you don't believe in Aradia. Wiccans feel same when you talk about satan in their religion.
edit on 26-4-2015 by trivia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Mary98

Of course you are free to believe in any religion you want but I would like to correct some errors. Theology of pagan religions are based on nature and most of their holy days are about nature. Witchcraft is seen by wiccans as... well... a craft, lol. It is seen as a tool and it can be used for both good intentions and bad intentions. Just think about a hammer, you can build a house with it or kill a person. Also as for pentacle (pentagram with circle), satanists use inverted pentacle which is actually reverse of symbol of Wicca, it symbolizes the head of baphomet while pentacle used by Wiccans is not inverted and symbolizes 5 elements; fire, air, water, earth and spirit. An interesting fact: Pentagrams and pentacles were also used by early christians to symbolize 5 wounds of jesus.

top topics

<< 38  39  40    42 >>

join