It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: RevelationGeneration

Yet you are trying to make it complicated. FlyersFan says the Old Testment is "a load of hogwash" when God used Moses to write the first five books of the Bible: thus he rejects Jesus Christ!
To me, what you are saying seems more complicated.
There has to be some other step of logic to make sense, that just isn't there.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

No hell is not my interpretation, it is orthodox Christianity 101. The Denial of hell makes a person a heretic. That is the end the matter.
OK, that may be a class that you took, but I think it has to be relegated to personal opinion rather than a biblical teaching.

We understand Jesus, as Christians, by how He is revealed through the scriptures.
The name of God is Jesus.
Formerly God was known by a title, something that an angel would carry as he served as the representative of God to men.
Now God has a proper name, Jesus, who said that he was the I Am, the translation of the former angelic name.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: RevelationGeneration
If you do not believe Moses or the other prophets then you will not be able to believe Jesus!

Dead wrong. I know Jesus is God incarnate. And I reject the stupidity of the Old Testament. They do not have to go hand in hand. This isn't an 'all or nothing' game.

FlyersFan says the Old Testment is "a load of hogwash" when God used Moses to write the first five books of the Bible: thus he rejects Jesus Christ!

1 - I'm a SHE ... not a 'HE'.
2 - Moses screwed up when he wrote the first five books of the bible. None of it true. It's all been proven false. To continue to believe in something even though it is absolutely false is pure ignorance.

bottom line - Genesis, Adam and Eve, Noahs Ark did not happen. Exodus did not happen like the bible claims. There was a Moses, but the folklore surrounding him isn't literal truth. Oh .. and there is absolutely no proof that anyone named Abraham even existed. None. He may have. But he also may not have.

it seems your only here to provoke argument and seem to love trolling.

1 - This is a discussion forum so you'll just have to deal with the fact that there are people who disagree with you.

2 - Discussion and disagreement aren't 'trolling'.

3 - The FACT that Genesis and Noahs Ark have been proven not to have happened, that makes Moses a liar or it makes him just another indoctrinated person passing along folklore as if it were fact. Just because Moses wrote it down, doesn't mean it actually happened. And we know for a fact ... those things didn't happen.

4 - Take your ball and run home ... whatever.
edit on 5/9/2014 by FlyersFan because: number 4

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

It's quite simple, when you reject the Old Testament you reject the historic Jesus Christ of the new testament.

Saying Genesis and Noahs Ark never happened is just your assertion. You have not provided any evidence for that.

When you call Moses a liar you essentially call Jesus one too.

Jesus believed in Genesis, Adam and Eve, and Noahs Ark.

Why don't you just admit your a God hating atheist and stop playing games?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

The only "class" i took was reading the New Testament for myself where Jesus talks more about Hell than anyone else in the bible. I have a hard time believing someone is a Christian when they call one of Christ's teachings an "opinion"... The only reason I could think that you would reject the biblical teaching on hell is because you may have accepted the new-age heresy of universalism.
edit on 9-5-2014 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

She isn't she is a Christian who uses her god given mind to question what others tell her..unlike yourself who have swallowed it all hook line and sinker.
She has plenty of evidence of her claims about the Bible in her threads.
She has been a missionary (of sorts If I remember) and met mother Theresa.
You? born again christian whom had no imagination so just went for the most popular...pfft.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: jmdewey60

Yet you are trying to make it complicated. FlyersFan says the Old Testment is "a load of hogwash" when God used Moses to write the first five books of the Bible: thus he rejects Jesus Christ!
To me, what you are saying seems more complicated.
There has to be some other step of logic to make sense, that just isn't there.

So are you calling Jesus Christ a liar when he said if you reject what Moses and the prophets say you won't be able to believe what He says?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

She isn't she is a Christian who uses her god given mind to question what others tell her..unlike yourself who have swallowed it all hook line and sinker.
She has plenty of evidence of her claims about the Bible in her threads.
You? born again christian whom had no imagination so just went for the most popular...pfft.

I know she's not a Christian since she rejects Jesus Christ.

Please hop off now with your hatetheist bigotry.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Jesus didn't write any words...other men did, often contradicting themselves.
Men lie and they lied in the Bible...it is a book by man not god.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Please hop off now with your hatetheist bigotry.

Please hop off now with your Christian bigotry! None of us are influenced by you diatribe of hate against all thing you don't agree with. You have offered nothing to any of us but hate and bigotry.

edit on 9-5-2014 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:52 PM
link   

She has not rejected no one...
Just because she isn't all 1840 about religion it sure doesn't mean she is wrong...you on the other hand..I bet you don't believe in evolution, Many scientific theory's and more which can be proven.
So don't tell me to do one I have every right to post my thoughts the same as you.

Oh and at least she knows the 10 commandments lol..( you once said jealousy was not a commandment) so why should anyone take your knowledge about Christianity seriously?.
edit on 9-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

(post by RevelationGeneration removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

I believe in God.
Just not one told to others by men whom have no idea.

Lol why is it when people get owned online they always make a cute remark about my avatar?...another sign of a weak mind.
edit on 9-5-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

(post by RevelationGeneration removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

The only reason I could think that you would reject the biblical teaching on hell is because you may have accepted the new-age heresy of universalism.
No, I just don't think that was what Jesus was talking about when he said "outer darkness" in his parables.
I think it meant outside the kingdom, which would be the situation the Jews were going to find themselves if they did not heed his warnings.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Do you deny the biblical teaching on Hell?

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:01 PM
link   

So are you calling Jesus Christ a liar when he said if you reject what Moses and the prophets say you won't be able to believe what He says?
No, I'm saying that Jesus said that as an application to the situation that he found himself in, and is not somehow transferable to the present.

posted on May, 9 2014 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Do you deny the biblical teaching on Hell?
I just said, No.
How is a real world situation in a story Jesus was telling as a parable the equivalent of Hell?
Being kicked out of a party, or being blocked from entry to a party, those are in regards to the kingdom that the Jews were supposed to be in if they accepted their Messiah, but were excluded from by unbelief.
He wasn't talking about Hell. He was talking about the Jews, and Judea, and those who thought that they were already in the kingdom because they came and donated to the temple of Jerusalem.

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Saying Genesis and Noahs Ark never happened is just your assertion. You have not provided any evidence for that.

Science 101. Genetics prove it. Science proves it. Geology proves it. The state of the oceans prove it. Ice core samples from the arctic prove it. Crack open a book and educate yourself.

4,350 years ago (bible date approx 2350 BC) there was no global flood that took over the entire planet leaving only a single boat floating around which contained two pair of every critter on the planet ... critters who made their own way there and made their own way back to where ever they came from ... as well as contained 3 pair of reproducing humans. You could move the date back to 20,000 bc (as some people try to claim) and the genetics still wouldn't work.

If Noahs Ark happened .. then this 80,000 year old tree colony wouldn't have survived.
PANDO Tree Colony

Pando (Latin for "I spread"), also known as The Trembling Giant,[1][2] is a clonal colony of a single male quaking aspen (Populus tremuloides) determined to be a single living organism by identical genetic markers[3] and one massive underground root system. The plant is estimated to weigh collectively 6,000,000 kg (6,600 short tons),[4] making it the heaviest known organism.[5] The root system of Pando, at an estimated 80,000 years old, is among the oldest known living organisms.[6][7]
Pando is located 1 mile southwest of Fish Lake on Utah route 25.[8] in the Fremont River Ranger District of the Fishlake National Forest, at the western edge of the Colorado Plateau in South-central Utah, at N 38.525 W 111.75.

Science Daily
At this time there are 6.5 million land animal species on the planet. There were even more back in what was supposedly Noahs time. Two of each animal would mean at least 13 million animals on that boat. NOT A CHANCE!! Couldn't happen.

Light doesnt penetrate the ocean more than about 500 ft. if the earth were submerged under 29,000 ft. in order to cover mt. everest, no marine plant life would have survived and the oceans would be dead. Obviously that didn't happen.

Could Noahs' Ark Have Actually Happened?

If the 2350 date were correct, then human civilization would’ve had to undergo an extreme population explosion in the millenium following the flood. According to Biblical sources, there would have been millions of Jews leaving Egypt, so assuming a global population of 40 million around that time (~1350 BC), and comparing that to global population estimates later in history (an estimated 200+ million by 0 AD), would require an incredibly high population growth between 2350 BC and 1350 BC (5,000,000 fold increase in 1,000 years), and a much lower population growth after 1350 BC – usually less than 5 fold population growth within any 1,000 year period between 1350 BC and 1800 AD.

(3) The distribution of animals is not what we would expect if there were a global flood killing all life. If all life was limited to the top of a mountain in the Middle East in 2350 B.C., then how to explain the distribution of animals across the world? All the kangaroos on the Ark went to Australia? How did the animals get to the Americas? If they crossed via an ice-bridge in the Bering Strait, then the Americas should be limited to animals that are warm blooded and capable of traveling hundreds of miles across snow. This means no reptiles, no spiders, etc. Yet, the Amazon contains a wide variety of animal biodiversity. And why didn’t American desert animals stay behind in the deserts of the Old World? (See related post: “Creationism versus Animal Biodiversity”)

(4) Genetic evidence shows that human beings are far to genetically diverse to be descended from a single family in 2350 B.C. If Noah’s Ark were true, then all men alive today would’ve gotten their Y-chromosomes from Noah, and all human mitochondrial DNA would come from Noah’s wife and the three daughter-in-laws. Studies of the human Y-Chromosome show that you’d need far more than 4,300 years to accumulate that many mutations. Human beings could not be descended from a single male in 2350 B.C. What the studies show, instead, is that, in order to explain the number of mutations in the human Y-Chromosome, you have to allow for roughly 60,000-90,000 years. Similarly, human mitochondrial DNA requires roughly 160,000 years to accumulate that many mutations — showing that Eve could not have lived 6,000 years ago as the Bible says.

Adam and his Eves - A lesson on DNA and population distribution for you

Creationism vs Biodiversity

Additionally, once the animals left the Ark, there are a lot of nearby regions they could inhabit, but didn’t. For example, all varieties of rattlesnakes are found in the Americas (33 species, and numerous subspecies). There are none in the Old World – despite the fact that there are regions similar to the American deserts – the Sahara, the Middle East, the Gobi Desert, etc. Llamas fit this same pattern – found in the New World, but not in the Old World. The Caucus (where the Ark supposedly landed) and Himalaya mountains have different species than the Rocky Mountains and Andes. Why didn’t some of the Rocky Mountain species stick around in the Caucus Mountains – they were already there the minute they stepped off the Ark. Similarly, the species in the South American tropics aren’t found in Old World tropics (Southeast Asia and Africa), and vice-versa. For example, New World cats and monkeys are different species than Old World cats and monkeys. Theoretically, with the movement of creatures caused by the global flood, one could find the same species living in distant places. Somehow, we don’t.

National Geographic - Human DNA Journey
For Noahs Ark to have happened exactly as the bible claims, we'd expect the highest levels of genetic diversity to be in the Middle East. But the fact is that the highest levels of human genetic diversity occur in Africa where humanity evolved.

When you call Moses a liar you essentially call Jesus one too.

Moses repeated the folklore he had heard and he thought it was true. It wasn't. It's not his fault. He just believed the B.S. presented to him. Just like you are doing.

Jesus believed in Genesis, Adam and Eve, and Noahs Ark.

Prove it. You can't.

Why don't you just admit your a God hating atheist and stop playing games?

Why don't you just admit you are uneducated and that you are dead wrong, and stop playing games? It is entirely possible to believe in God and worship him WITHOUT buying the hogwash of the Old Testament. Hogwash that is proven wrong. And it's asinine to think someone has to literally believe in the lies of the Old Testament in order to believe in God. That's absurd.

How about you actually listen to the words of Jesus .... hmmm ....

edit on 5/11/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I know she's not a Christian since she rejects Jesus Christ..

Dead wrong on both counts. I guess you forgot about the part of the bible that says you aren't to judge the hearts of others. That's a job for God alone. And newsflash ... you aren't God.

originally posted by: boymonkey74

20 Years in Catholic Third Orders ... first the Franciscans and then the Carmelites.

Secular Order of Discalced Carmelites - Discalced

The Seculars' vocation is to live the Carmelite spirituality as Seculars and not as mere imitators of Carmelite monastic life.[6] With the Friars and Nuns, they assist the Order in drawing the Church into an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ and His Mother, Mary, Mother and Queen of Carmel. They are apostles of contemplative prayer, but also live intense lives of charity in their common occupations

And yes, when I was in Japan our group sponsored Mother Teresa. She came over and I got to meet her and set up the event for her. We were able to bring in some money to help her outreach for the poorest of the poor in India. And I got to listen to her speak. It was amazing. She was an itty bitty old woman with hardly any voice at all .. and yet you could hear her across the entire gymnasium when she spoke because everyone was absolutely still ... I swear people were holding their breath just to be quiet so they could hear .... Amazing.

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join