It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 37
<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
reply to post by steveknows

thus raises another question: if he fought under the flag of Christianity... why did he fight so hard against being baptized? kinda reminds me of a sheep in wolf's clothing...

He didn't fight under the flag of Christianity. He was an ally for the purpose of fighting enemies. Manipulating words and history ? I think you are. The oldest trick in your book.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarminIndy

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by WarminIndy

We never said you COULDN'T worship the devil, we just said that MOST DON'T and NOT ALL worship the devil.

Darkred, that is exactly my point. There were many Wiccans on this thread that said Wicca did not involve devil worship. But it can and does, even though there are Wiccans who do not. That is what we have to address then, if Wicca does allow worship of the devil, then Wicca is a complicit religion, meaning that even though there are those who do not, they are complicit when others do.

The problem becomes this, if Wicca is complicit, then it is disingenuous to deny what they allow while accepting those who do. I have never said anything mean-spirited or hateful to any Wiccan or Pagan on this thread. I have been very forward about what I believe and some have responded very nicely to me. Those are the ones who can teach the most about Wicca.

I think it would be better to say it like this "Even though I don't, I acknowledge that my religion allows it". But too often, Christians are held to a different standard and some Wiccans and Pagans want Christians held accountable for their religion. I took that task on because I am a Christian. But it is unfair to hold Christians accountable without holding Wiccans and Pagans accountable for theirs. If we are supposed to live in tolerance and acceptance, then it must be across the board. And no one should expect another to verify every point of religion, without having to verify their own. Fairness is as fairness does, and if we want to not persecute each other, then we should all be honest about our respective religions.

I think I have been fair all along and can say this has been a very intriguing conversation. Thank you all for your positive input. But there have been some who have posted on this thread who created other threads attacking Christian beliefs, taking the argument out of spite. That is sad and destructive. And it is not tolerant or accepting of other peoples faiths.

There may be pagan religions that worship "the devil" but Wicca is not one of them.
Wiccans worship a Godess and Her partner a God. They follow the calendar of the natural cycles. They know that the creator is within all things that have been created. They recognize the divine within all of us and in all things natural to this world. There is no devil in Wicca. The fact is that light and dark exist to reveal each other. You cannot have light without dark and vice versa.
The evil done by man, is done through his own free will given by the Creator. No man needs a demon to provoke him into evil but many do need a demon to blame his own evil on. If you do evil things it is because you want to do evil not because you've been influenced by some evil supernatural being.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WarminIndy

Where are you getting your information from.?????

Oh and the Christian God gave you free will. You have permission to worship whom ever you please. This was given you by your God. So if it is allowable you have permission I guess then there are Christians who worship Satan because by your logic if their God allows it then some must do it. Silly silly.

You will probably never find a Wiccan who worships Satan or any evil being because we just dont like that kind of energy or vibration mucking up our own vibartions.

May the Godess Bless you.
edit on 26-11-2011 by karen61057 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by eight bits
WarminIndy

... your side ...

Just to be clear, I am not a Wiccan, and nobody here posts from my "side." This seems to keep coming up.

I think it would be naive to think there are none.

Then it must be equally naive to think there are no Wiccans who worship Jesus, since that, too, is permissible. I have corresponded with a member on another board describes herself as a Christian witch, for example. I don't know whether she's Wiccan, but it does remind us of the serious possibility of combining a nature religion with moderate Christianity. So, I ask again,

I suspect you would agree that the possibility that a Wiccan would choose Jesus as his or her personal god doesn't make Wicca a Christian denomination. Why does the possibility of a Wiccan choosing some version of Satan make Wicca a Satanic denomination?

I know many people who claim to be Wiccan and Pagan so it is not like I know nothing about it.

Few of my comments have been about your personal knowledge. I don't know you. The site you posted was not a Wiccan site, and the page was not a Wiccan page, contrary to claim. Most of the rest of our discussion has been about Christian beliefs, especially those concerning the Devil. Neither a knowledge of Wicca nor a knowledge of paganism would bear on that, one way or the other.

Let's move forward on this point, if Wicca allows it, then cannot it not also approve of it?

What "it" are you asking about? Wicca allows everything except what is harmful to someone. People can disagree about what is harmful, I suppose. For something stronger than allowing, there is no official organ that I know of to approve or disapprove of anything. Individual Wiccans would approve or disapprove as they see fit, I imagine, or perhaps some coven consensus would prevail locally.

Research the Strega, these are Christian witches. The tradition is Italian. You know the strictest of the Christians, the Catholics and some of them are witches.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This is just a biased anecdote: on my second deployment one of the kindest, nicest, and all around most generous people I knew was our Doc (Corpsman), who also happened to be a Wiccan. He would bless the convoys he was placed on before they left, and anyone who happened to be injured. I didn't believe a lick of it, but if that is an example of the 'evils of Wicca Witchcraft' then please make that the official world religion.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Your census asks for your religious affiliation?
The US census is only to see how many people live in the US. It does break down by race ( another question that needs to go to the side of the road) and by income. (yet another) but thankfully it leaves religion out of the question.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JROCK2527
I dont see where the OP is spewing hatred thru this thread I see them stating truth with biblical knowledge to back it up and the only real rebuttal i have seen from the other side is "if you belive in God" or "if you believe in the bible" this is from those that choose to deny the truth. good topic here OP keep it up.

Take the original thread and substitute the word Jew for Wiccan and see if you still feel the same way.

One star, bet you got that one from the OP.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

What brand of Christianity do you subscribe to?
Just wondering.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

The US census is only to see how many people live in the US. It does break down by race ( another question that needs to go to the side of the road) and by income. (yet another) but thankfully it leaves religion out of the question.

I don't see the problem with it myself as it means that a religion can stand up and be counted and this is what happened.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

I came to your OP rather late, but your words ring true. However, let us not haggle with the witches, if they wish to serve satan that is their right, then let us stand back and say nothing. They know the gospel, it is their right to heed it or not. Let those who choose to serve other "gods" serve those other gods. They will be held accountable for what they do in this life, as we shall be held accountable for what we do.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

I came to your OP rather late, but your words ring true. However, let us not haggle with the witches, if they wish to serve satan that is their right, then let us stand back and say nothing. They know the gospel, it is their right to heed it or not. Let those who choose to serve other "gods" serve those other gods. They will be held accountable for what they do in this life, as we shall be held accountable for what we do.

You mean be a slave to ignorance.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Tindalos2013

Thank You for your wonderful interpretation of the tennents of Paganism, and yes I say Pagan because even though many are often called witches or Wicca, many of us do not accept those labels.

I know many Christians, and many Pagans, there are alot of Christians that turn my stomach with thier useless rehetoric, and then again there are many Pagans who make me feel the same way. We have those who offend in ALL religions not just Chritianity.

I was raised Christian-Bible Thumping Baptist to be exact, and am now Pagan by choice and calling. I do not berate others for thier religions, as it is not my place to do so. Everyone has a right to thier own religion of choice no matter what it is, or where they live.

The part of the OP's original message I find so sad is that certain Christians just cant seem to leave it alone. I am aware that my choice of religion according to thier Holy Writ may send me to some intollerable place when I die,(remember I grew up Christian) and I choose my own Pagan religion anyway. But then again, the Christian Bible was written by HUMANS, not by a god, thiers or mine. We Pagans are aware that our written tennents were ritten by humans from the very beginning.

I dont know what to say about the OP. I just find it all the more reason to go my own way and ignore the ignorant people of the earth-regardless of thier religion. Its not my job to make them grow a brain and do thier research, nor is it my place to try and change thier minds.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by karen61057

I don't see the problem with it myself as it means that a religion can stand up and be counted and this is what happened.

Why does a religion need to stand up and be counted? What has that to do with how many people live in any given place? Religion and government need to be totally seperate entities.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I came back to this thread and your ego amuses me. Despite the haggling of words if they have choosen to serve "god" than by jolly jove then that is their consideration to do so. They do not know the gospel but they do echo back its words with a dash of ignorance but they are forgiven for they know not what they say.

Jezebel has my sword and the earth is my shield. The new gods have fallen at the edges of the old gods.
The goddess looks on in wonder and waits.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013

I came back to this thread and your ego amuses me. Despite the haggling of words if they have choosen to serve "god" than by jolly jove then that is their consideration to do so. They do not know the gospel but they do echo back its words with a dash of ignorance but they are forgiven for they know not what they say.

Jezebel has my sword and the earth is my shield. The new gods have fallen at the edges of the old gods.
The goddess looks on in wonder and waits.

Samuel 5. This is what awaits those who refuse to kneel before YHWH. Dagon found out the hard way that YHWH is soveriegn and he bows to no one especially other "gods".

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

Samuel 5. This is what awaits those who refuse to kneel before YHWH. Dagon found out the hard way that YHWH is soveriegn and he bows to no one especially other "gods".

Dagon serves Lord Cthulhu who slumbers beneath the ocean. Ask Venger Satanis at Cult of Cthulhu. You may be surprised.

On a moot point I found this link to a wiki page informative Wiki-Dagon
edit on 27-11-2011 by Tindalos2013 because: adding link now.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I could begin a thread about expoising the evil of christianity but that would be just childish and would acomplish nothing more than pointless heated debates. It is with certainty that more threads about exposing the evils of witchcraft will show up, usually by the same people as if the more they write about it the truer it will become. It matters not if they do, I'll just walk on by.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Blessed be RevalationGeneration,
I once again ask the Goddesses to Bless your Heart with LOVE and to help you expel your Negative Energy and that they Bless the Path you Walk, but know this = HATRED is one of the most Negative of Energies and should never be fueled. You should Embrace LOVE in your Heart and Mind, as this is the True Path to Enlightenment.

Namasté

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You know, it would be very nice if that were true, that you all would just leave us alone. You, and the others who believe in a Satan are the very ones who give him power to exist, he is yours, and you can have him. The Goddess is Love, and requires nothing, not even worship, and don't forget, your own Bible calls her the Queen of Heaven. I would be very careful in insulting her, if you get my meaning.

satan

The qualities and character of the creature known as satan are almost all debatable. He is thought to be a cherub or ex-cherub (Ezekiel 28:14 - though seemingly about the king of Tyre, obviously about a lot more), and he's been expelled from heaven (Job 1:6, Revelation 12:9). We know that he lead an insurrection, but it is highly unlikely that his following is organized in the way that God's following is organized. Suffice to say that he poses no threat to God and is certainly not an equal counter-pole.
source

So, who really supports Satan? A Wiccan who never believed in, or even mentioned him, or someone who constantly says the name, and accuses others of being in league with? How many time have you yourself said the name of Satan?
edit on 12/12/11 by autowrench because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 11 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

It seems to me we have a case of selective reading here. Cherry picking what passages of the bible you wish to follow makes your entire case a strawman at best. Why aren't you protesting Joe's Crab Shack per this edict:

Leviticus 11:9-12
These shall ye eat of all that are in the waters: whatsoever hath fins and scales in the waters, in the seas, and in the rivers, them shall ye eat. And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

Leave the judgements to the higher powers, and just try to live a good life...

edit on 11-6-2012 by jaheath because: misspelling

top topics

<< 34  35  36    38  39  40 >>

join