It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

I was forced by my parents to attend church and sunday school even though I didn't agree with it! I have had the local priest trying to perform an exorcism on me because I refused to attend church, until I stated my reasons for not following the christian beliefs. He then respected my decision even though my parents didn't. I have now literally been disowned by them.

What a horrible experience to have gone through. But I am glad you found a path in life for yourself, and are happy with it. I hope your parents come to their senses someday.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by blah yada
As for Wicca, Islam, Hiduism etc etc, they are all nonsense too. The true blasphemy is to wallow in superstitious ignorance while your brothers lie in agony in gutters, or starving in cropless war torn lands, or in bondage.

Oh - I don't agree with that.

There are very responsible individuals in all beliefs/non-beliefs.

Many act positively toward humanity and the needs of their brothers - - - while still holding (or not) a belief - - and not judging others.

You seem to have your personal agenda too.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
You are being deceived by your own human addiction to control. The “Bible” was crafted in a time for a time. There are evils in this world and it is caused by human greed and corruption and oddly enough some of the most horrific events happen in the name of “God” or by those who claim to follow “God”. People that preach one line of thinking tend to be the most frustrating conversationalist.

The Bible has been altered over the years but the internal messages should have remained intact. One is supposed to live the life “God” wants and others will see you as an example and ask you how you came to live such a grand life and that is where you have the chance to help another soul. Not by trying to scare people into doing things your way. Christians are to blame for people turning away from “God” not Satan.

I am Pagan and have met some vile, cruel, hurtful, and ignorant Christians in my time. I will take the risk of a lake of fire then to follow a “man” or “entity” that promotes so much hate towards people supposedly created in “his” image. Every religion will have the bad apples even the ones designed to serve the good of all.

I wish you the best of luck in your search for eternal life in the house of God but the example you are currently displaying leads me to believe you have some learning to do before you make it through that gate.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I do not disagree with you on this.
Energy is the the source of all things, and the focus of that energy is in fact what you say it is.
My aversion to "spell-casting" is more to the common assumption of what a spell is and that most (not all mind you) are based in greed, whether seen or unseen.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Thank you sweet Khali.
Good to see you here sending out your warm energies!
Blessings to you and yours!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
oops dlete pls
edit on 29-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I thought many here should be reminded of their own words of truth.

"You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all.
For even the Son of Man came NOT TO BE SERVED but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
(Mark 10.42-45 ESV)

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
(Matthew 5.3-12 ESV)

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye"
(Matthew 7.1-5 ESV)

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(Matthew 5:16)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
I thought many here should be reminded of their own words of truth.

"You know that those who are considered rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and their great ones exercise authority over them. But it shall not be so among you. But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be slave of all.
For even the Son of Man came NOT TO BE SERVED but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many."
(Mark 10.42-45 ESV)

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted.
"Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth.
"Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied.
"Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy.
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God.
"Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God.
"Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you."
(Matthew 5.3-12 ESV)

"Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when there is the log in your own eye?
You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye"
(Matthew 7.1-5 ESV)

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven.
(Matthew 5:16)

Sigh....preaching again......
ok lets put some other stuff what is in the bible

Christian women: be silent

Women should remain silent in the churches. They are not allowed to speak, but must be in submission, as the Law says. If they want to inquire about something, they should ask their own husbands at home; for it is disgraceful for a woman to speak in the church.
-- I Corinthians 14:34-35 (NIV)

Woman must marry rapist

If a man [meets] a virgin who is not pledged to be married and rapes her ... He must marry the girl ... He can never divorce her as long as he lives.
-- Deuteronomy 22:28-29 (NIV)

Execute stubborn kids

If a man have a stubborn and rebellious son ... Then shall his father and his mother ... bring him out unto the elders of his city ... And all the men of his city shall stone him with stones, that he die.
-- Deuteronomy 21:18-21 (AV)

Deuteronomy 23:1 ESV

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose male organ is cut off shall enter the assembly of the Lord.
(better make sure mine are ok then ) lol
You pick and chose your passage's if the bible is the word of god why do you do that?
It proves the point that the bible is an outdated storybook.

found a good one here...for those who have worked on a sunday it doesnt look good for you

“For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day shall be your holy day, a Sabbath of rest to the LORD. Whoever does any work on it must be put to death.”

Sounds to me you God is much more evil than any wiccan Gods.......

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by boymonkey74

None of which came from Jesus

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Came from his Dad though didnt it?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Wicca is a beautiful religion as far as I am concerned.

I could expose the evils of other religions too,
all have their faults, and all have their valid teachings and insights.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74

Originally posted by Akragon

Came from his Dad though didnt it?

I don't believe so...

Im not one for taking the entire bible as truth, or even "Gods word"...

He knew truth, and love... not something the OT God understood, which leads me to believe "he" was an imposter....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Every religion has it's "10 commandments". Such "decent" morals are found in varying degrees in any religion. These values are not the preserve of any particular sect. They are values that any secular humanist would aspire to.
These are human values.I adhere to most of them far better than any religious people I know.In fact most people I meet are quite shocked when I reveal my atheism to them.It's as though they can't believe I could be a decent person without the threat of divine retribution hanging over me.They are usually horrified when I tell them I don't believe in a soul.That's right, I believe the soul is a fabrication.

It is the one concept all religions share.It is the hook.The belief in a soul is a manifestation of vanity to me. I see the human race almost as a single organism, kind of like an Aspen or even bacterial culture. I don't worry about having children as I believe other peoples children are all related to me in one way or another and are as much apart of my future as my own would be.

People want to believe in everlasting life/ reincarnation and the soul is the perfect vehicle for this.It cannot be proved to exist, much like the various deities people believe in.It is a faith based phenomenon, and faith by it's very definition is unquestionable.

All religions are predicated on some form of guilt, even Bhuddism (though in a very passive way), or some form of spiritual debt. That is why they require worship, and praise and devotion. Surely if these Gods were as omnipotent as their followers claim, they would not require such dehumanising deference.

Your "soul" is really your Operating System, nothing more.I'll believe this until it is SCIENTIFICALLY disproven.The only way I'll go on for ever is as compost and matter governed by the laws of thermodynamics, which you can't really believe in at the same time as a god, though many try.

Religion to me is an affront against humanity's development and survival.Our time on this rock is running out and nobody is coming to help us.We've got to work it out for ourselves how to find a new environment. Religious devotion steals from our ability to accomplish this.I believe it will be one of the major factors in our downfall as a species, not to mention other species.Then it will be back to simple organisms evolving and evolving into higher forms of life until one day they produce a species so obssessed with superstition and unprovable beliefs, that they to will destroy themselves, bringing the whole circus right back to square one.

If I have an agenda it is peace, freedom and continuity for our species, with no guilt and no requirement to submit to a higher power
edit on 29-10-2011 by blah yada because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Ok new testament ones

If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned."

Jesus-John 15:6

Wow he is going to burn us.....

On the following day, when they came from Bethany, he (Jesus) was hungry. And seeing in the distance a fig tree in leaf, he went to see if he could find anything on it. When he came to it, he found nothing but leaves, for it was not the season for figs. And he said to it, 'May no one ever eat fruit from you again.'"
Mark 11:12

Have you ever eaten a fig?

Do not think that I have come to bring peace on earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword. For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother- in-law...."
Jesus-Matthew 10:34

Can just see the Movie Jesus 2-this time he kicks ass....

For if a woman will not veil herself, she should cut off her hair; but if it disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil"
1 Corinthians 11:6

No more shaven havens lol

"Likewise, you wives, be submissive to your husbands..."
1 Peter 3:1
Back to your kitchens now !!!

The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."
1 Corinthians 3:20
Just lol so he is trying to keep his subjects thick?

"Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..."
Titus 2:9
Lots of quotes saying slaves should be grateful, my fave comes from jesus himself

And that servant who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating."
Jesus-Luke 12:47

All from the NT.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Every religion has it's "10 commandments". Such "decent" morals are found in varying degrees in any religion. These values are not the preserve of any particular sect. They are values that any secular humanist would aspire to.

Religion is not required for common sense social structure. Animals such as Wolves and Elephants have extremely complex social structures - - - no written list required.

Social complexity is the only basis for Social Rules. As humans came together in larger groups - - - more rules/laws needed to be laid out.

The Ten Commandments of Solon - - - based in government/politics - - not religion.

The man I am talking about is Solon the Athenian. Solon was born, we believe, around 638 B.C.E., and lived until approximately 558, but the date in his life of greatest importance to us is the year he was elected to create a constitution for Athens, 594 B.C.E. How important is this man? Let's examine what we owe to him, in comparison with the legendary author (or at last, in legend, the transmitter) of the Judeo-Christian Ten Commandments. Solon is the founder of Western democracy and the first man in history to articulate ideas of equal rights for all citizens, and though he did not go nearly as far in the latter as we have come today, Moses can claim no connection to either. Solon was the first man in Western history to publicly record a civil constitution in writing.

1. Trust good character more than promises.
2. Do not speak falsely.
3. Do good things.
4. Do not be hasty in making friends, but do not abandon them once made.
5. Learn to obey before you command.
6. When giving advice, do not recommend what is most pleasing, but what is most useful.
7. Make reason your supreme commander.
8. Do not associate with people who do bad things.
9. Honor the gods.
10. Have regard for your parents.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Organized religion is not in anyway required for common sense social rule/laws.

Wicca / Atheist - - - do just fine.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Drivel you speak...........hmm
harms no-one does wicca.

No one it harms, then be it blessed hmm.

The darkside you follow......

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

I was forced by my parents to attend church and sunday school even though I didn't agree with it! I have had the local priest trying to perform an exorcism on me because I refused to attend church, until I stated my reasons for not following the christian beliefs. He then respected my decision even though my parents didn't. I have now literally been disowned by them.

What a horrible experience to have gone through. But I am glad you found a path in life for yourself, and are happy with it. I hope your parents come to their senses someday.

Thank you for your kind words, although it is more likely that easter and christmas will fall on the same day as it is that they will come to their senses unfortunately!

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

These are human values.I adhere to most of them far better than any religious people I know.In fact most people I meet are quite shocked when I reveal my atheism to them.It's as though they can't believe I could be a decent person without the threat of divine retribution hanging over me.They are usually horrified when I tell them I don't believe in a soul.That's right, I believe the soul is a fabrication.

It is the one concept all religions share.It is the hook.The belief in a soul is a manifestation of vanity to me. I see the human race almost as a single organism, kind of like an Aspen or even bacterial culture. I don't worry about having children as I believe other peoples children are all related to me in one way or another and are as much apart of my future as my own would be.

YES - - I agree with you.

Very good post. Didn't mean to denote your post - - when I wrote mine. These religious extremists annoy me.

Star for you.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

* hugs and looks in eyes deeply *
Many thanks for your kind words to me and my kin.
You need not thank me for doing what is right and that is just sending what support I can. * shrugs *
May Gaïa watch over you and may Khali protect you. * lights candle and prays *

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Ok new testament ones

If a man does not abide in me, he is cast forth as a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire and burned."

Jesus-John 15:6

Wow he is going to burn us.....

LMAO!!

nice... but if you read the whole chapter its quite a different story... He's just saying listen to what i teach you, because its truth...

look...

10If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love.

11These things have I spoken unto you, that my joy might remain in you, and that your joy might be full.

12This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.

13Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.

14Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.

15Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.

16Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.

17These things I command you, that ye love one another.

Have you ever eaten a fig?

Ya they're nasty...

For if a woman will not veil herself, she should cut off her hair; but if it disgraceful for a woman to be shorn or shaven, let her wear a veil"
1 Corinthians 11:6

No more shaven havens lol

"Likewise, you wives, be submissive to your husbands..."
1 Peter 3:1
Back to your kitchens now !!!

The Lord knows that the thoughts of the wise are futile."
1 Corinthians 3:20
Just lol so he is trying to keep his subjects thick?

"Bid slaves to be submissive to their masters and to give satisfaction in every respect..."
Titus 2:9
Lots of quotes saying slaves should be grateful, my fave comes from jesus himself

Not Jesus....

And that servant who knew his master's will, but did not make ready or act according to his will, shall receive a severe beating."
Jesus-Luke 12:47

That is a parable my friend...

41Then Peter said unto him, Lord, speakest thou this parable unto us, or even to all?

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join