It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Its remarkable that your able to do so much research on witch craft, but when it comes to your religion? Humans bones have been found that are millions of years old. Religions that are just like Christianity same story's and all exist and are older then Christianity.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
reply to post by Annee

Prayer for me is different than most seem to understand it as well.
I simply listen.

If I am at odds with myself, or a situation I find myself in, I simply ask for guidance.
I do not pray for goods, or health, or anything of benefit to myself, other than that I ask to be guided to the path I am meant to take, and if possible or appropriate, the understanding of why that path is to be taken.
With that, I want to say that what I hear comes to me in a female voice, though I do not believe that the creator is either male or female. Gender is simply something that man has put onto god in order to attempt understanding. Personally I feel that it has done no more than to hinder our understanding.

But - - even asking for guidance is giving power to something/someone else. As rituals of any kind are giving power to something/someone else.

I'm Atheist - - but do believe everything is energy - - and thought is energy creation. So - from my perspective - even thought sends out a message in energy form - - which can be received in energy thought - - as in an actual voice or feeling.

When you believe every thought is an action - - - it definitely requires personal responsibility.

So basically IMO - - thought/prayer/spells - - are all the same thing. The ritual is inconsequential.

If you get up in the morning and say: "Oh I hope it is a sunny day" - - - thought/prayer/spell - - - minus any ritual.

edit on 29-10-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

May the Goddesses bless you and the Path you choose to follow.
May Gaïa bless your soul and may Khali protect your dreams.
Do not HATE what you do not understand, that is not the True Path! LOVE is the True Path.

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Annee, your core beliefs sound very similar to my own. That was well explained. and I enjoyed seeing someone else explain some of what I have come to believe.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I had a look at a few profiles of the debate participants. OP has a VERY long list of rivals, not surprising as he/she obviously has trouble getting along with others and enjoys keeping an enemy list. Of the pagan and pagan sympathizers I noted that most had few, if any, listed enemies, suggesting that most of OP's critics are generally tolerant of other viewpoints and not inclined toward vindictiveness. This says quite a lot about the emotional maturity level involved in this debate.

I suggest we all just ignore OP and get on to more productive debates elsewhere.

By the way, I am a pagan myself- "merry meet" to all!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by seaside sky
I had a look at a few profiles of the debate participants. OP has a VERY long list of rivals, not surprising as he/she obviously has trouble getting along with others and enjoys keeping an enemy list. Of the pagan and pagan sympathizers I noted that most had few, if any, listed enemies, suggesting that most of OP's critics are generally tolerant of other viewpoints and not inclined toward vindictiveness. This says quite a lot about the emotional maturity level involved in this debate.

I suggest we all just ignore OP and get on to more productive debates elsewhere.

By the way, I am a pagan myself- "merry meet" to all!

Are you trying to make an appeal to numbers argument? That's a fallacy of logic.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
what about all the lost souls due to Warcraft?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
what about all the lost souls due to Warcraft?

Warcraft, heck, what about the Legend of Zelda??!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
reply to post by WarminIndy

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is an American cult television series that initially aired from March 10, 1997 until May 20, 2003. The entire concept of vampirism is rooted in Satanism. Sadly, many teenagers have adapted to a vampire type of subculture known as GOTH.

Sabrina, the Teenage Witch is another one. Have a glimpse of this www.jesus-is-savior.com...
edit on 28-10-2011 by RevelationGeneration because: (no reason given)

And the show Buffy featured Wicca. I remember one time going to a Christian person's house and they were watching Charmed and told me that these witches were good because they only used their powers for good. But the show was also based in revenge, which is part of those religions. Christians are not supposed to seek revenge but sadly there are many who do. People are drawn to power so they seek for it without acknowledging where that power might come from.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
Principles of Wiccan Beliefs

1. We practice rites to attune ourselves with the natural rhythm of life
forces marked by the phases of the Moon and the
seasonal Quarters and Cross Quarter.

2. We recognize that our intelligence gives us a unique responsibility
toward our environment. We seek to live in harmony with Nature, in
ecological balance offering fulfillment to
life and consciousness within an evolutionary concept.

3. We acknowledge a depth of power far greater than that apparent to the
average person. Because it is far greater than ordinary it is sometimes
called supernatural, but we see it as lying within that which is naturally
potential to all.

4. We conceive of the Creative Power in the universe as
manifesting through polarity -- as masculine and feminine -- and that this
same Creative Power lies in all people, and functions through the
interaction of the masculine and feminine. We value neither above the
other, knowing each to be supportive to the other. We value sex as
pleasure, as the symbol and embodiment
of life, and as one of the sources of energies used in magickal practice
and religious worship.

5. We recognize both outer worlds and inner, or psychological, worlds
sometimes known as the Spiritual World, the Collective Unconscious, Inner
Planes, etc. -- and we see in the inter-action of these two dimensions the
basis for paranormal phenomena and magickal exercises. We neglect neither
dimension for the other, seeing both as necessary for our fulfillment.

6. We do not recognize any authoritarian hierarchy, but do honor those who
teach, respect those who share their greater knowledge and wisdom, and
acknowledge those who have courageously given of themselves in leadership.

7. We see religion, magick and wisdom in living as being united in the way
one views the world and lives within it -- a world view and philosophy of
life which we identify as Witchcraft -- the Wiccan Way.

8. Calling oneself "Witch" does not make a Witch -- but neither does
heredity itself, not the collecting of titles, degrees and initiations. A
Witch seeks to control the forces within her/himself that make life
possible in order to live wisely and well without harm to others and in
harmony with Nature.

9. We believe in the affirmation and fulfillment of life in a
continuation of evolution and development of consciousness giving meaning
to the Universe we know and our personal roll within it.

10. Our only animosity towards Christianity, or towards any other religion
or philosophy of life, is to the extent that its institutions have claimed
to be "the only way" and have sought to deny freedom to others and to
suppress other ways of religious practice and belief.

11. As Witches, we are not threatened by debates on the history
of the Craft, the origins of various terms, the legitimacy of various
aspects of different traditions. We are concerned with our present and our
future.

12. We do not accept the concept of absolute evil, nor do we worship any
entity known as "Satan" or "the Devil", as defined by the Christian
traditions. We do not seek power through the suffering of others, nor
accept that personal benefit can be derived only by denial to another.

13. We believe that we should seek within Nature that which is
contributory to our health and well-being.

Blessed be the Truth!

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
The Wiccan Way

Recognizing that there is more than one path to spiritual
enlightenment and that Wicca is but one of many, and that Wicca
holds within itself the belief that there is more than one type of
step set to the spiral dance, find here listed common denominators
of the Craft.

That there is above all the Goddess in her three-fold aspect and many
are her names. With all her names we call her Maiden, Mother and
Crone.

That there is the God, consort and son, giver of strength and most
willing of sacrifice.

That and it harm none, do what ye will shall be the law.

That each of her children are bound by the three-fold law and that
whatever we create, be it joy or sorrow, laughter or pain, is brought
back to us three-fold.

That as she is the mother of all living things and we are all her
children, we seek to live in harmony not only with each other, but
with the planet earth that is our womb and home.

That life upon the earth is not a burden to be born, but a joy to be
learned and shared with others.

That death is not an ending of existence, but a step in the on-going
process of life.

That there is no sacrifice of blood, for She is the mother of all
living things, and from her all things proceed and unto her all
things must return.

That each and everyone of the children who follow this path has
no need of another between themselves and the Goddess, but may find
Her within themselves.

That there shall not by intent be a desecration of another's symbols
of beliefs, for we are all seeking harmony within the One.

That each person's faith is private unto themselves and that
another's belief is not to be set out and made public.

That the Wiccan way is not to seek converts, but that the way be
made open to those who for reasons of their own seek and find the
Craft.

Blessed be the Truth!

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

I recommend that you read Margot Adler's "Drawing Down the Moon." It's quite informative and lets people share what it is they believe instead of someone else. In the end it's how we behave toward one another. The One has many names...and most likely manifestations. The Messianic age can live in each of our hearts, but not if we condemn the "Other."

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I personally believe that it is the condition of one's soul and spirit that matter...and how they treat themselves and others.

(Analogy) God is like a huge mountain...and standing around the base of that mountain...are people from every religion and spiritual belief system globally....and these people are all holding hands....looking up at the same mountain.

Man-made religions won't get you into heaven.....it is the condition of your spirit and soul that will get you in...or keep you out.

This is what I believe...and know to be true. There are many roads to heaven.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If I was to author a thread entitled "Exposing the Evils of Christianity," or "Exposing the Evils of Islam" I would be flamed for spreading hate and the thread would undoubtedly be closed or 404ed. For those who say the OP is not slinging hate, you are deluded or enjoy the intolerance that the OP has displyed. He is betraying his own belief system by formenting his ignorant hate rant and is NOT displaying any sort of Christ like atributes.

Furthermore, Jesus was a master scorcerer, mystic and Wiccan shaman, who taught that "Greater things shall ye do..."

"A Man who is doing his True Will has the inertia of the Universe to assist him." Allister Crowley

Isn't that the same thing, the same magic, that was performed by Jesus, calming the seas, walking on water, feeding the masses and healing the sick.

MAGICK
and the right comprehension and right application thereof.
I) DEFINITION.

Magick is the Science and Art of causing Change to occur in conformity with Will.

(Illustration: It is my Will to inform the World of certain facts within my knowledge. I therefore take "magickal weapons", pen, ink, and paper; I write "incantations"---these sentences---in the "magickal language" ie, that which is understood by the people I wish to instruct; I call forth "spirits", such as printers, publishers, booksellers and so forth and constrain them to convey my message to those people. The composition and distribution of this book is thus an act of Magick by which I cause Changes to take place in conformity with my Will.) Allister Crowley

I thought it most appropriate to quote Crowley as the OP quotes his "The Book of Law" in the opening post, citing it as a cornerstone to Wicca.

Science = Wicca = Magic = what Jesus taught.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.
Arthur C. Clarke, "Profiles of The Future", 1961

Exposing the Evils of Chrisitanity

edit on 29-10-2011 by windword because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-10-2011 by windword because: thread update

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by avatar22

Blessed be Avatar,
I have not forgotten you and I am still sending you positive energies and healing!! May your Path to recovery be Blessed by the Goddesses.

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well I have just started reading this thread, and talk about FIRING me up!!!!! Ok so I will have more to add, but I want the OP to see that even in Christianity there are very obvious pagan references, this is just one of the many examples I can think of:

www.paradoxplace.com...

Yeah that is a GOD at the top, and those are all the symbols of the zodiac below......hhmmmm

And yes I do believe in God the creator, I was baptised Catholic, although I am not a practicing Catholic.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Minori because: after thought

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Blessed be all,
I am a Witch and I am sad that there are people that would see me harm because I do not believe the same as them.
I was forced by my parents to attend church and sunday school even though I didn't agree with it!
I have had the local priest trying to perform an exorcism on me because I refused to attend church, until I stated my reasons for not following the christian beliefs. He then respected my decision even though my parents didn't. I have now literally been disowned by them.
I have looked and reserched every religion and beliefsystem and cocluded the Witchcraft suited me best and I have followed the Teachings since I was 12 years old and I have never felt so much Peace and Positivity since.

Namasté

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by KhaliWitch

NICE

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Are you a strict adherent to Deuteronomy aka the word of god? If so, when is the last time you, stoned a homosexual or disrespectful child to death? Any burnt offerings lately?I hope you don't have any tattoos or bodily markings.Your avatar could be an example of idolatry.

People love to quote this book and others like Leviticus. I've not met one who actually lives by it. Even the most hateful homophobes fail in their duties to eliminate the sodomites, and are reduced to mere rhetoric.I mean should we not smite cities like San Fran?Or are we waiting for Jehovah(yup I said his name) to do it again?

As for Wicca, Islam, Hiduism etc etc, they are all nonsense too. The true blasphemy is to wallow in superstitious ignorance while your brothers lie in agony in gutters, or starving in cropless war torn lands, or in bondage. You are preaching no further than your own deluded choir, from a position of vanity.Your avatar screams vanity as does your authoritarian tone.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Minori

Indeed!

Namasté

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join