It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exposing the evils of Wicca Witchcraft!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

You know, there's a difference between science and religion.
Whereas science has saved millions of peoples lives, religion claims to have saved millions of peoples lives, yet it has provided no evidence.
There is no real evidence that the only way to salvation is through christ.
That's where the two differ, and that to me is a major difference.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Revolution9

Have a beautiful day/night whatever time zone you are in. I befriended you, too.

You too mate

This is always going to be a difficult subject to discuss, i'm glad we can stay civil and enjoy it also.

Take care!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Just found the OP on youtube
www.youtube.com...
Gonna send your kids here?
www.youtube.com...
edit on 29-10-2011 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

Or is this the OP because people tamper in dark sided stuff
www.youtube.com...

Just to many vids lol

And my last word on religion is said by Mr Frankie Boyle who just sums it all up.....
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Normally I prefer to read all posts on a topic before I comment, but I wanted to tell my side of all of this while I have the time. So, if anything I say is redundant, I apologize. I will return and read all the posts later today.

I grew up in a Christian household and never understood "because I said so". Christians are not allowed to question. The word is truth, end of story. I could not accept that.
As a teenager I began exploring. I spoke to anyone I could find who held a different belief. I read as many of the great books of the other religions I could find. I eventually found the pagan beliefs to actually be more understandable than any other.
The Wiccan Rede states:
Do as ye will, lest ye harm none.
Many do not understand that this is all encompassing. Every action and thought you have is your own, you are truly free, AS LONG AS IT DOES NOT HARM. Yourself is included in this, as well as your friends, neighbors, enemies, and environment. In order to follow this it takes a lot more consideration than mere fear of persecution. Wiccans, as well as the vast majority of the current pagan religions, believe that there are guides here who help to shape the world around us, and that there IS a creator, BUT our own thoughts and actions are accountable to US in this life AND the next.
Because of this thought process I never took the step into the spell casting. The vast majority of the spells I came across had some aspect to it that I could see harming another. Money spell?- what you receive has to come from someone else, and you cannot know if that person truly needed it or not. The examples are vast.
I no longer call myself Wiccan, mainly because the title doesn't quite fit. I am much more of a nature based spiritualist. I believe that ALL religions have at least some semblance of truth, and I have no right to judge. Even the bible says not to judge... that is not in our hands to do so.
I believe that Jesus, along with Buddah, and Ghandi, Mother Theresa, and MANY MANY more were sent to us to guide us along the path of love and compassion. I do not believe that when Jesus said "I am the only way" he meant that we have to worship him. Quite the opposite actually. I believe that he meant that his message was the way. And his message was one of love, compassion, and understanding. He taught to love your neighbor. You neighbor is not only the man next door, but ALL upon this earth.
Threads such as this one make me sad. It breaks my heart to see the hatred coming forth from both sides of this. All have the right to believe what they wish to believe. It is not for you to tell me that I am wrong, nor is it for me to tell you.
I do have one word of advice for any who wish to convert their fellow man:
Instead of spewing words of hell and damnation. Instead of attempting to scare people onto your side. SHOW people HOW to live. Actions speak louder than words. No matter your religion or belief, if it is a calling for you to help others to see, SHOW THEM. Live how you wish the world to be and others will follow in your footsteps.

Light and Love to you all

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
In religion there are two basic types: spiritual people and religious people.
Spiritual people inspire me, religious people scare the hell out of me.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar22
I never took the step into the spell casting. The vast majority of the spells I came across had some aspect to it that I could see harming another. Money spell?- what you receive has to come from someone else, and you cannot know if that person truly needed it or not.

But - - how is Prayer - - not spell casting?

Think about it. It is virtually the same thing as spell casting. Just different rituals.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

This OP will only inspire more hatred against fellow humans, all in the name of GOD. We are all God's creations, and we all deserve to be loved and respected.
Did God give YOU the right to judge your fellow humans? Did God give YOU the right to throw the first stone?
Do you know that God is LOVE? If you are a believer in God then shouldn't you walk the path of LOVE? Not hate. Not judgement of your brothers and sisters. Not fear. We will all face our Creator one day, and you, sir, are not him.

The Devil's biggest secret is NOT convincing people he doesn't exist. It perfectly clear that he exists and is inspiring all this hatred in your heart. Release your hate, judgement, and fear and let LOVE and LIGHT flow into you Dear Brother. Once that dark cloud has lifted from you then you will begin to see the BEAUTY in ALL of God's creations.

Peace, Kindness, Respect & Love.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Prayer for me is different than most seem to understand it as well.
I simply listen.
If I am at odds with myself, or a situation I find myself in, I simply ask for guidance.
I do not pray for goods, or health, or anything of benefit to myself, other than that I ask to be guided to the path I am meant to take, and if possible or appropriate, the understanding of why that path is to be taken.
With that, I want to say that what I hear comes to me in a female voice, though I do not believe that the creator is either male or female. Gender is simply something that man has put onto god in order to attempt understanding. Personally I feel that it has done no more than to hinder our understanding.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

You do realize that Christianity is based on paganism don't you? In many ways Paganism is the original Christianity. The cross is actually the midle of the zodiac chart... the wedding ring is a symbol of the rings of Saturn... etc You should really do your homework before casting judgement on others. I'm not a witch (or I guess it would be Warlock). I believe in God and was raised Baptist, and I think Wicca and witchcraft are silly and ridiculous, but you are clearly very ignorant in regards to the origins of your own religion.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by knightsofcydonia
This bafoon clearly knows nothing about Wicca. Learn how to read a book, wikipedia does not count as "research"

From his perspective, he doesn't need to. The christian bible is very explicit. There is no other way than Christ. Any other belief is evil, and of the devil. To christians, it really is that black and white. No grey area.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by rcanem

I grew up a Catholic. I attended many different Catholic churches. The church did not make me feel loved as a child of God. The church made me feel like an evil sinner who was unworthy of the air I breathed. I was a very good, honest, sweet child. Yet every Sunday I was FORCED to go to church and to "confession". I didn't commit any sins, but I was completely TERRIFIED to go to "confession" without any sins to "confess". I was too afraid of the priest's reaction if didn't confess "something" so I resorted to LYING to the priest in the confession booth. I would say that I had either lied or disobeyed my parents. Then I had to live with the guilt of lying to the priest. I constantly imagined God would strike me with lightning.

Jesus didn't agree with religion or any church. Our temple of God is within each of us.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by malcr

This weeks New Scientist has an article about the way the US is turning its back on science and starting to embrace these religious fairy tales as "the truth".

I don't think it is science itself that people are turning their backs on. I think it is the establishment. And the academia are seen as part of that establishment. From the average persons point of view, science has done more to help enslave them, rather than free them. The establishment are world renowned as liars and oppressors. That's their legacy.

Adding to that. Even though I'm an atheist. I still have to concede that people are inherently spiritual. That doesn't mean they have to worship, or believe in an entity, but many don't know any other way to satisfy their longing for it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

EGGS actly.
I was terrrified too, and couldn't figure out what I'd done wrong, or what I'd left undone.
Left that house of shame and its threats of eternal doom as soon as I could.

Everyone has pretty much covered the important rebuttals here already, and I enjoyed the comic relief....the OP has buggered off, apparently, probably digging up more scripture to prove that Catholics aren't Christians and neither was the Holy Inquisition...
*facepalm*

Jeezy Kreezy!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Ha! Another outpouring of fire and bumstones from the Revelator!

Take an antacid, hero, and try to relax. Your digestive torments are not the fault of Wiccans.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Why are you quoting Jevovah G-d from Deuteronomy and then claiming that G-d is someone else? This doesn't make any sense.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by Amatoremsapeientiae

Well thank you op i love your type of people, the crazy right, hate others just because they are different people.

"People"?

Did you even read the OP?

Wicca isn't "people", it's an ideology.

how do you have an idiology without the people? Sorry sir but that deflection was lame at best in my view. Wicca is a belief and alot of people believe.

So you're claim is that it's impossible to reject a belief and not hate the person with the belief?? How does that make sense?

I hate no one, yet there are numerous belief systems that I despise. I hate Liberalism, but I don't hate the Liberal, I just think they are wrong. I have a friend who is gay, I hate homosexuality, but he's a great friend, I just disprove of where my friend chooses to insert his penis.

I hate wicca, I have no problem with the people here who are Wiccans. I hate Nazism for the millions of lives it cost, yet I was born in 1976 and don't know a single person that was a Nazi.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

My friend, i understand where you are coming from. I understand that your trying to make people realize that if its not "Of God" then its "Of the Devil". I too am a believer in Christ and firmly believe he died for my sins. However, the way in which your going about your "Judging Spree" is utterly ridiculous. People may be Wiccan ,Satanists or whatever they want to be. Do i have to agree with it? No! There's two paths to walk and people know it!!!! Matthew 7:13 "Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it.Let them make their own descisions man.
You say Christianity is the only faith in the world that is intolerant of all other faiths. This is because the Word of God is adamant that Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is the ONLY way to God the Father. John 14:6. So are you saying that all other faiths dont believe that Jesus the son of god is the way the truth and the light? Im sorry but that jack ass of a statement just pisses me off.Just do me a favor quit judging people! It isnt your job! If you were a true believer you'd know that much.Also, have mercy on them....God would!
"Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy."(Matthew 5:3-12)
.........Duces
edit on 29-10-2011 by XxAcidxBurnxX because: random editing

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen

Originally posted by rcanem

I grew up a Catholic. I attended many different Catholic churches. The church did not make me feel loved as a child of God. The church made me feel like an evil sinner who was unworthy of the air I breathed. I was a very good, honest, sweet child. Yet every Sunday I was FORCED to go to church and to "confession". I didn't commit any sins, but I was completely TERRIFIED to go to "confession" without any sins to "confess". I was too afraid of the priest's reaction if didn't confess "something" so I resorted to LYING to the priest in the confession booth. I would say that I had either lied or disobeyed my parents. Then I had to live with the guilt of lying to the priest. I constantly imagined God would strike me with lightning.

Jesus didn't agree with religion or any church. Our temple of God is within each of us.

I am Catholic as well. You are correct. God is inside you and all around you. He is everywhere

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by paleorchid13

I found your post quite beautiful and inspiring. What you teach is not so different than the ultimate goals of many other faiths. We all as humans want peace , harmony , and a sense of spiritual connection.

Thank you for your kind words. As a whole, I don't have a problem with religions, including christianity with its unbending exclusivity. But I do have a problem with those in any given religion who are ready to convict the world of their evil ways, and their "sins", if they have not tidied up their own house first. Cleaning up their own house will keep them busy enough they won't have time to worry about the rest of us. Because the church has one hell of a mess (pun intended) to deal with. Starting with the leadership at the top, because that's where their devil rules from.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

How can you judge others ? you have turned me away from the bible forever.....I can only hope your jealous God is not angry with you.
The bible is a weapon in your hands and people like you...

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join