It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC-Bush's daughters

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I agree that they didn't write their own speech. I'm not sure they or Bush have the ability to write the English language...they certainly can't read/speak it. LOL.

That said, campaigning has a lot to do with appearances and Bush's daughters did not portray a good image at all. They weren't dynamic at all, they spoke poorly and came off dull, uninspired, and dim-witted. Clearly this is not entirely the writers fault.

Either they were nervous (possible), or they weren't capable or prepared for delivering the speech (very very likely). Either way the republicans would ahve been better off without them on stage.

I doubt very much that you will see the two of them making another public speech during this campaign.

Lukefj

EDIT: I have to agree with mad scientist. If you think the Bush girls are good looking it's time to leave the trailor park. Just because they have a full set of teeth doesn't make them attractive. LOL

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Lukefj]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThunderCloud

Originally posted by WuvLove
Ok I am watching the RNC just for the heck of it and Bush's daughters Jenna and Barbara are speaking. These girls sound so illiterate it's ridiculous. For two girls who went to Yale you would think they would sound more intelligent then they do. But what can you expect their father is George W. Bush! He makes up his own words!! Like soverignitity.

Well, Bush's daughter Barbara went to Stanford, and his other daughter Jenna went to the U. of Texas at Austin. I don't know what Barbara majored in, but Jenna got a B.A. in History in May 2004.

Well, to be rather unkind, if you followed the news reports then you'll discover that both the girls majored in partying and in getting drunk before they were of legal age to drink. There was quite a lot of publicity here in Texas over Jenna's rather moronic behavior, including her very rude behavior towards the secret service people assigned to guard her.

They were poorly controlled, rather bratty and spoiled, and pretty stuck on themselves. In fact, they've been the worst-behaved kids in the White House ...well... that I can remember (there's been some mischevous ones but few of this level of outright rudeness.)

P.S. -- I don't know if you were being sarcastic or not (I'm guessing so
), but just in case:
sovereignty -- Supremacy of authority or rule as exercised by a sovereign or sovereign state; Complete independence and self-government; A territory existing as an independent state.

Check the spelling on that Bush quote... there's a lot of extra syllllllllablllllleseses in it. Tricksy pronunciations, preciousss...

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by build319
Some of the smartest people I have know can barely keep one sentence together.
also, they are definately much hotter than the Kerry sisters.

No, those are Idiot Savants "rainman", if you well. They're not smart, just functional in one area while being retarded in others. ( see: Bush Family)

Beauty is subjective, but absent intellect, no one is ever really beautiful.
"girls" are also extremely less attractive than "women" , but I understand it might be an age thing here. Regardless, give me a women who can fill out a pair of Lee jeans AND explain to me that it's the endorphins kicking in when she makes my toes curl!!

[edit on 1-9-2004 by Bout Time]

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Well, to be rather unkind, if you followed the news reports then you'll discover that both the girls majored in partying and in getting drunk before they were of legal age to drink. There was quite a lot of publicity here in Texas over Jenna's rather moronic behavior, including her very rude behavior towards the secret service people assigned to guard her.

I'm only 26 so I guess I'm young enough to remember participating in similiar college activities. How would you like it if you were the only one at a college party who couldn't do anything fun without getting it plastered all over "The Enquirer" the next day? And I know they are the daughters of the president, but if I had secret service around me 24-7 I think I'd get into a bit with them every now and then. I'm sure they know they are around for their protection, but come on, when you're that age, you do things that don't seem rational to the older, wiser crowd.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Do the Bush/Republican-Haters really have to stoop to bashing his kids?? Surely he himself has done SOMETHING lately that can be hashed over and over ad nauseum. Scour the news, google until blood pours from the fingertips, but find something else that can at least be disguised as valid to jump on pertaining to the man himself. Trashing presidential kids has always seemed like the ultimate in petty behavior.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lukefj

DUDE, you just made me turn back into a 3 year old watching his granny's kookoo clock :@

I absolutely LOVE your avatar man!!!

Anyways, on Topic, I'm a sucker for redheads and blackhaired brainiaks.

Chelsey Clinton is a smart chick, I was graced with a good conversation and 2 hours of playing computer games with her when she and dady were at Nato HQ here in belgium.

Dunno about Gore or Kerry's daughters, but Chelsey wins with her Redhead Brainiak ability!!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join