It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cereal What Are You Really Eating (Video)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Watched this video this morning, looks delishious however they didn't state what brand of corn flakes they were referring to... I dont eat that garbage anyways, in the morning I eat steak as im allergic to milk. get some real iron the old fashion way.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

reply to post by Heehaw

reply to post by GonzoSinister

The main point of the video, is that the iron filings they are putting into the cereal has no bio-availability. Meaning, your body can't absorb it, like it could if it were in a more natural form.

If you want to be fit and healthy, you don't find a piece of iron in your garage, grind it up and eat it, do you? Do you think that would benefit you? That's what this video is showing. It has nothing to do with iron not being a necessity.

Unless of course, you can prove that iron in it's metallic state can be absorbed and used in your body, and not harm you..
edit on 28-10-2011 by jessejamesxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Maybe this pdf might help,

www.sciencelab.com...

Most if not all metals, heavy or otherwise, (except those that are not currently useful in the body) have some use in the body as trace elements. I would suggest that Iron metal filings are not something that would be helpful to the body on a daily basis.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I AM curious - did you happen to watch the video and realize that we're talking about iron filings and not naturally/biologically occurring iron that your body can work with?

Or do you think meat and other foods that are high in iron contain metal filings? From what little bit of reading I've done, iron supplements involve the iron salts, and not straight-up filings.

Since you seem to understand this well, perhaps you can clarify where the gentleman in the video is erring in having a problem with metallic iron filings?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by netobrev
reply to post by SL55T0T0

Have you tried this experiment yourself? If not, I would not be so quick to assume this true. If you have, please post your findings. I have tried this and I did not get the same results as in the video.

Its true I remember doing this as a science experiment in the 6th grade.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

I AM curious - did you happen to watch the video and realize that we're talking about iron filings and not naturally/biologically occurring iron that your body can work with?

Or do you think meat and other foods that are high in iron contain metal filings? From what little bit of reading I've done, iron supplements involve the iron salts, and not straight-up filings.

Since you seem to understand this well, perhaps you can clarify where the gentleman in the video is erring in having a problem with metallic iron filings?

I would like to get these shavings tested to see if it really is iron. I know they think they are adding iron but is it really iron?
edit on 28-10-2011 by 8ILlBILl8 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

he ground up the ENTIRE BOX. and when he puts a magnet by it, all the TINY fillings come together to LOOK like BIG filings.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

I would like to get these shavings tested to see if it really is iron. I know they think they are adding iron but is it really iron?

Fair enough, but the magnetic aspect is fairly suggestive.

he ground up the ENTIRE BOX. and when he puts a magnet by it, all the TINY fillings come together to LOOK like BIG filings.

Granted - but metallic filings are metallic filings, and I've never heard of them being used for dietary supplementation nor as the (heme) form of iron provided naturally in the foods we eat, leading me to be very suspect as to their nutritive usefulness and digestibility. Can the human body utilize metallic iron? I'm not able to find anything useful right offhand, but I have my doubts.

Thanks for the input, guys. I won't go solid one way or the other on this as yet, but I wouldn't put it past the manufacturers to - once again - include something in their product under less than honest or useful circumstances...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

reply to post by 8ILlBILl8

Fair enough, but the magnetic aspect is fairly suggestive.

Granted - but metallic filings are metallic filings, and I've never heard of them being used for dietary supplementation nor as the (heme) form of iron provided naturally in the foods we eat, leading me to be very suspect as to their nutritive usefulness and digestibility. Can the human body utilize metallic iron? I'm not able to find anything useful right offhand, but I have my doubts.

Thanks for the input, guys. I won't go solid one way or the other on this as yet, but I wouldn't put it past the manufacturers to - once again - include something in their product under less than honest or useful circumstances...

If they dont process they will just go through your body like fiber. No harm there.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish

That is not the case, it clearly shows entities of quite large individual bodies. If you go by what you are saying everything should have been one big metallic lump, but it wasn't due to the varying sizes, as opposed to a weak magnet. If the magnet had been a lot stronger all those filings would have lumped together as one, and they were not. The point is, speed of absorption and conversion are the main factors, in comparison metal filings are the sun versus the moon. That is not what the video has shown. In any case, fortifying the like of cereals in such a crude manner could be harmful to say, men as against women, poorer countries against richer countries.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Whatever, Ive been eating it for ever and im perfectly healthy.

Not gonna stop now.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkredfish
reply to post by smurfy

Whatever, Ive been eating it for ever and im perfectly healthy.

Not gonna stop now.

Eating What?
edit on 28-10-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

Cereal

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
if you are eating cereal based on corn [maize] it's GMO corn, just so you all know

never mind the iron filings, salts or whatever the magnet is picking up

top topics

<< 1   >>

join