It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Propagandist, Subliminal Messages in Todays Music?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Tell me what you think the message is?

Flo Rida- Good Feelin Lyrics

Oh, sometimes I get a good feeling, yeah
Get a feeling that I never never never never had before, no no
I get a good feeling, yeah

Yes I can, doubt to believe what I know what’s his plan
Pull me, grab me, grab till the bucket can’t have me
I’ll be the president one day
January first, oh, you like that gossip
Like you the one drinking that god sip dot com
Now I gotta work with your tone
How many rolling stones you want
Yeah I got a brand new spirit,
Speak it and it’s done
Woke up on the side of the bed like I won
Top like a winner, my chest to that sun
G5 dealer, U.S to Taiwan
Now who can say that, I wanna play back
Mama knew I was a needle in a hay stack
A bugatti boy, plus maybach
I got a feeling it’s around asap

The mountain top, walk on water
I got power, feel so royal
One second, I’ma strike oil
Diamond, platinum, no more for you
Gotta drill a land, never giving in
Giving up’s not an option and gotta get it in
Witness I got the heart of 20 men
No fear go to sleep in the lion’s den
That flow, that funk that crown
You looking at the king of the jungle now
Stronger than ever can’t hold me down
A hundred miles going till them bitches smile
Straight game face, it’s game day
See me wanna do the drop from may lay?
No trick plays, I’m Bill Gates, take a genius to understand me
------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was debating on breaking down this song completely, so that nothing goes over your head, but I feel that people have the responsibility to figure out things for themselves...

Important lyrics to consider....
"The mountain top, walk on water
I got power, feel so royal
One second, I’ma strike oil"

"Now I gotta work with your tone
How many rolling stones you want"
(hint: Figure out the role of The Rolling Stones, and what their music was about)
The Stones 'type' of propaganda didn't stop with the music..
www.barewalls.com...
notice the visual communications aspect of the colors
notice the words that are in bold, and what it's trying to communicate

"A bugatti boy, plus maybach
I got a feeling it’s around asap"
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Maybach war effort, Bugatti aviation competition with german...

"I’ll be the president one day
January first, oh, you like that gossip
Like you the one drinking that god sip dot com"
Who exactly do you think that he is talking to? Referencing, "Like you the one drinking that god sip dot com"

"Witness I got the heart of 20 men
No fear go to sleep in the lion’s den"
Why 20 men? maybe twice as strong as the 10 men that Otis Redding referenced in "(sittin')Dock of the Bay"
Hint, biblical, both '20 Men' being double that of '10' and 'lion's den'
Otis-
"Look like nothing's gonna change
Everything still remains the same
I can't do what ten people tell me to do
So I guess I'll remain the same, yes"

I'm not going to go any further than this, check it out for yourself... come to your own conclusion.

Just remember, the US Government made it a huge priority to investigate Hollywood and the Music industries, because they know how the molding of minds can come as easy as constant repititive experience to anything..

Lil Wayne once said, in his song - John(Originally John Lennon, if i'm not mistaken, it was changed because iTunes was going to pull it, or something to that effect)
"Load up the choppers like it's December 31st
Roll up and cock it and hit them n#$%s where it hurts
If I die today, remember me like John Lennon
Buried in Louie, I'm talking all brown linen, huh"
Remeber John Lennon? No? Maybe do a google search on the investigations of him by the government....

btw....
"Load up the choppers like it's December 31st"-Lil Wayne
"January first, oh, you like that gossip"- Flo Rida....

I will not elaborate any further, figure it out for yourself...

edit on 28-10-2011 by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS because: spelling mistake, and additional information

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
It has been a PROVEN FACT that subliminal messaging DOES NOT WORK. So even if these people were that clever to embed these messages they would be wasting their time anyway.....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
1. I would suggest checking out the source in which told you this
2. I would as well suggest checking out how the experiment was performed, implying that it might not actually reflect the reality of it.

3. Maybe check out, Predisposition, and Cognitive Bias
A cognitive bias is a pattern of deviation in judgment that occurs in particular situations. Implicit in the concept of a "pattern of deviation" is a standard of comparison; this may be the judgment of people outside those particular situations, or may be a set of independently verifiable facts.

Cognitive biases are instances of evolved mental behavior. Some are presumably adaptive, for example, because they lead to more effective actions in given contexts or enable faster decisions when faster decisions are of greater value. Others presumably result from a lack of appropriate mental mechanisms, or from the misapplication of a mechanism that is adaptive under different circumstances.

Cognitive bias is a general term that is used to describe many observer effects in the human mind, some of which can lead to perceptual distortion, inaccurate judgment, or illogical interpretation.[1] It is a phenomenon studied in cognitive science and social psychology.
en.wikipedia.org...(psychology)

"Some biases affect decision-making, where the desirability of options has to be considered (e.g., Sunk Cost fallacy). Others such as Illusory correlation affect judgment of how likely something is, or of whether one thing is the cause of another. A distinctive class of biases affect memory,[6] such as consistency bias (remembering one's past attitudes and behavior as more similar to one's present attitudes)."

-----------------------------------
I'm not going to go any further than that in supporting the idea or theory or fact that the molding of behavioural patterns is due to experience and what a person has been subject to...
There is freewill, but freewill is often accompanied with these predispotions, and those that aren't 'free thinkers' or whatever you want to call it.
If I told you, "war is good" your ENTIRE life. Odds are higher that, later in life, especially after 30, that this will become your train of thought...
I could correlate it with 'Jesus' and why there's no real account for the ages between 12-30, what it means and all that fun stuff... but that's not what this thread was about...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by AllUrChips

Well, in order to convince people of anything, you may want to provide some factual information as to why we should believe you.

I, personally, believe that subliminal messaging works rather well.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
These terrible "lyrics" I guess are far too subliminal, because they mean nothing.

These people are not fit to lick John Lennon's shoes.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by EvanJP

First and foremost, the title of the Thread starts with the word, Propagandist...
Second, it is in the form of a question...
Third, I started the Thread by saying "Tell me what you think the message is?"
-Meaning: What do you think Flo rida is trying to say?

I'm not here to prove the success or psychological application of 'Subliminal Messages', so I would suggest to stop asking me to. For if I were to prove such a thing, I would first have to conduct experiments in which I do not have the resources nor the will to do so...
People love getting off topic and debating every aspect of a Thread on ATS, which I thoroughly enjoy. Having said that, this Thread was intended to remain cut and dry...

again, "Tell me what you think the message is?", it's not....'I will tell you what the message is, and here's the proof!'

Get it?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
1. I would suggest checking out the source in which told you this
2. I would as well suggest checking out how the experiment was performed, implying that it might not actually reflect the reality of it...

That's all well and good but your examples are not those of subliminal messaging. Yes, appealing to the conscious mind constantly over a period of time can result in a change of perspective or behavior, there is little evidence to show that appealing to the subconscious in the same way has the same effect. In essence, subliminal messaging may be in practice, but it is likely more of a "just in case it works" type of deal and probably isn't particularly effective.

People associate different symbols (words included) with different images or meanings. A person without exposure to sex, for instance, would react differently to subconscious and conscious messages regarding the subject than a Sex Ed. teacher would. Thus, attempting to appeal to a large group of people using the same stimuli would have different results. Subliminal messaging may work, evidence shows it doesn't, but even if it did you would not be able to accurately predict the effects on every individual. I use this sex example because it's so common to see "sexual subliminal messaging" stuff with Disney and magazines, etc. It's even more mind-boggling to use in most magazines since they put sex right on the cover in the form of a half-naked girl. What would be the point? I digress, though.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvanJP

That's because you've trained your mind to believe certain things while denying the real facts that debunk it.

Judas Priest went to court over subliminal messages in the 80s that supposedly caused two teens to kill themselves but the judge threw the case out when the band's singer proved that the mind hears what you're told you're about to hear and likewise, studies have been carried out that prove without a shadow of a doubt that subliminal messaging in audio and visual doesn't work. You're only convinced to believe in an idea if you're part of a pack and it seems like the right thing to do to fit in with the crowd and not if you alone listen to or watch something.

Most rap, hip hop and R&B artists these days talk about owning things like Bugattis to show off wealth and status while others also mention people like Lennon because to a lot of people, he's an inspiration for one reason or another and they want to come across as being similar to Lennon or Gandhi so that people follow and remember them too as this generation's version of Lennon.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Uh... I'd just go with the message being something along the lines of;

"hahaha, you people are so stupid that we can say whatever we want and you just won't listen"
or
"we are not very nice, but we can make you feel better"
or
"go # yourself and listen to this horribly annoying song"

link   

Originally posted by EvanJP

Well, in order to convince people of anything, you may want to provide some factual information as to why we should believe you.

Heres the first thing I pulled up
altreligion.about.com...

link   
You know, I could never take hip hop seriously as music.

I mean.. I don't think I could ever listen to anything written by a grown ass man with "Lil" in his name.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

I was shooting moreso along the lines of sexual advertisement etc.

I don't think that Judas Priest manipulated kids to commit suicide.

I guess all that I am saying is that, groupthink will manifest when you imbed an idea into the psyche of a population.

I can think for myself, my friend. I was simply stating my observations.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Tell me what you think the message is?

I have no idea what the message is, but I can tell you what it is not.
The message is not a subliminal one.
You are referring to the lyrics of the song.
If it were subliminal, you would not hear it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Haha, I starred that post, thanks for the information. I guess I just see so many people that are focused on attaining completely inane items..

I see that fact as a sign of manipulation.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

Do you really think that's in John's memory , man? I highly doubt Lennon would want anyone to his lick shoes as you put it. He was a very deep thinking and peaceful. It's kind of insulting to say that about him since it's in direct competition with the message of peace he broadcast throughout his life.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What kinda rap video is this? No cars? No girls?

Anyway after listening to it, I have a good feeling hmm...

After reading the lyrics, they flow together like any other rap lyrics. Many lines do not rime In rap, so many lines are very short and make absolutely no sense when reading it.

I don't see the point of the link to the Rolling Stone cover from 2005, other that the lower right, the Rolling Stones 2005 Reunion article.

Maybach and Bugatti both make exotic cars for the 1%. Both have a small WW2 past. Think, Mercedes, not these two...

Oh yeah and the Subliminal Messages... what are they telling you to do? Post on ATS about bad rap songs?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips
It has been a PROVEN FACT that subliminal messaging DOES NOT WORK. So even if these people were that clever to embed these messages they would be wasting their time anyway.....

Maybe you should check this out.

youtu.be...

So where is your evidence ?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

All art is propaganda. Whenever we create a medium we are communicating our ideas and we use all kinds of techniques to "persuade".

The term "subliminal" implies a hidden tactic that bypasses the conscious mind to influence beyond consciousness. Music is capable of doing that because it plays on the heart strings of our emotions.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

a whack ass rapper stroking his ego?
[derp]
"A bugatti boy, plus maybach
I got a feeling it’s around asap"
en.wikipedia.org...
en.wikipedia.org...
Maybach war effort, Bugatti aviation competition with german... [/derp]

No Bugatti is in reference to a car.

as in

"I go hard in this Bugatti"

expensive car = status
edit on 28-10-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AllUrChips

Really? I guess it must be a coincidence that everyone who listens to say, Hip Hop/ Rap, all smoke Newport cigarettes, wear crooked baseball caps, wear basketball jerseys while the women pull their hair back so tight their eye brows are on top of their foreheads, wear hoop ear rings, wear hoochie mama clothes like tube tops, and absolutely MUST blast that music full volume all day long?

That's just one genre of music that seems to have the same effects on people's personalities across America, if there's nothing subliminal at all, then why is it so effective across the board?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join