It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. to launch 'virtual embassy' in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

U.S. to launch 'virtual embassy' in Iran

ca.news.yahoo.com

Clinton said that, in the next two months, the United States would open a "virtual embassy": an online site that would respond to questions about US visa and study options, and that would address the Iranian population directly.

"We're trying to reach out to the Iranian people, and we've tried to reach out to the government, just not very successfully," Clinton said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Very interesting. Never heard of a "Virtual Embassy" before.

I believe US/Iran initiate "talks" via their respective Swiss Embassies, which I always found odd. Not sure how this "Virtual Embassy" will serve the people of Iran and U.S in a conflict situation or if an American needs legal assistance in Iran and vice-versa.

Already Iranian Officials are saying it will fail:

""If the Americans believe they can do something in Iran with a virtual (embassy), they are mistaken. These declarations shouldn't be taken seriously because they're a sign of political shortcomings" on the part of the United States, Ali Larijani was quoted as saying."

ca.news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

How long until the Iranians virtually overthrow it, squat on the domain, and hold all the web pages hostage?

And good luck to anyone who tries to access the site from inside Iran, without using Tor or something to anonymize themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

games and more games. Anybody else sick to the stomach of these NWO games?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by FurvusRexCaeli

How long until the Iranians virtually overthrow it, squat on the domain, and hold all the web pages hostage?

LMAO!!! BEST reply I saw on these boards yet.

=)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The Americans are serious brain-drainers. They work at attracting students from rival countries to study in American universities where they are given serious job offers to stay and work for the US instead of going back to their home country. Iran is a signficant target of this.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Are the CIA operatives, that are placed among personel in every US embassy, will be virtual too?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Are the CIA operatives, that are placed among personel in every US embassy, will be virtual too?

yes,

virtually clandestine

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
ridiculous imo
Clinton has a full interventionist policy, get her nose in every country's business is her role

ya, sanctions on Iran, an embargo on Iran, but not on the people of Iran
what do you think sanctions do to those same people? You think it feeds them or takes food from them?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Iran must have a lot of oil.

Or is Iran the only country independent enough to prove a threat to the west, and too big to invade with a military campaign?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I think it is a stepping stone to slowly get the US, Iran and whomever else used to the idea of having an embassy in Iran again.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Don't worry, congress will earmark $25.3M into the budget to get it up, running and keep it operational.

Only problem is it will be staffed with one tech guy, outsourced from India, and 3 white house interns to handle the web traffic.

It will be hosted by Go Daddy!.

Hillary and friends will soon purchase new summer homes in Hamptons.

Shi...shaaaa!

edit on 10/28/1111 by BadNinja68 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
makes one wonder.. how would there be protests at a virtual embassy ? and why the hell would anyone want to attend uni in amerika when there's far better not to mention cheaper options for education elsewhere in the world.. ? Ahh I got it they need a way to spread amerikan propaganda before they bring oppression and tyrany..erm freedom and dumbocracy..erm democracy..erm whatever to iran..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
help me obi wan kenobi you're my only hope

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton is one of the biggest lizards visible among the globalist cabal.

She is one sickening creature to be sure. Every time I see her and hear that grating voice I want to puke.

If I was the Iranians I'd pull some wiki leaks out and expose Hillary the blowhard.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Well as the repressive Iranian regime routinely blocks and monitors web traffic, including spying and hacking their own people, I would expect such a scheme to be blocked.

However, there is high politics going on here. If Iran blocks the site then they are publicly exposed and open to ridicule. If Iran allows the site to be accessible within Iran then perhaps the US will be able to work to introduce a more balanced view of them. After all, whole generations of Iranians have been nurtured to hate the US.

Regard

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Umm, isn't America (and other western countries) doing more or less the same thing under the guise of The Patriot Act and various other...resolutions? Spying on its own population?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I would if I was them too.This is just to stir trouble.

top topics

join