It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Derren Brown: The Experiment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Anyone watching this?

Pretty cool show about how the mind works in some situations.

Last week he successfully proved that the MK ULTRA stuff could be real after he managed to convince an unsuspecting member of the public to not only shoot at a celebrity but also not remember anything he did by using visual and audio cues built into his subconscious.

Tonight he was trying to see if having a fake game show where the audience wear masks to make themselves anonymous could prove whether the gang mentality thing where groups of people act like a typical mob that cause wrongdoing is correct and guess what?

The audience chose the negative choice every single time they had a 50/50 decision to make, proving that theory correct too.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
not quite that ...70%approxiametly of the audience chose the bad out come on each vote ,that means that roughly 30% of the people had good intentions and wanted to see a positive outcome for the guy ..not everyone in life is a bad person .the look of shock on their faces though was priceless and now i wonder how they feel about their actions ..interesting stuff indeed for all those with a fascination for the human psyche aand manipulation techniques .

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Well, I didn't say all of them chose bad but 70% is still a huge majority and definitely proved the mob mentality. Good call on hearing that cause I didn't hear a number, just mostly paid attention when he said that as with most groups, they became more willing to see him lose his job and have his property destroyed which we all saw with the student protests, Dale Farm evictions and the Occupy Rome incidents in the past two years just to name three.

Their reactions were hilarious and I loved when he was explaining it to them and they all had a "what the hell did I do?" look on their faces.

Looking forward to the one about guilt making a guy confess to a murder he didn't commit next week.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
That was a very powerful episode. Those people in the audience were truly shocked and felt very guilty when he finally got run over by the car.

I did notice that Derren didn't always give out the actual percentages of people who voted for the bad decisions. I think twice he just described it as a majority vote for the bad option. So the actual amount of people who voted for the bad option might not have been as high as he was making out.

Also i think Derren was cleverly manipulating the audience into choosing the bad option each time using subtle NLP tricks. Thats what the 'Dave the producer' bit was all about. Derren was making it fun for them to choose the bad bits by having one of his guys run the house messing about. He was reinforcing the idea that it was ok to take the p**s.

Still i thought i was a lot of fun. I cant wait to see what he comes up with next time

edit on 28-10-2011 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I watched this a few days ago...EXCELLENT!! Maybe Nov. 9th will be a national hypnosis experiment...turn off the tv's and radios kids!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

Have to admit, I was a little disappointed he didn't have stuff on screen like last time explaining the technique but it's the usual herd mentality, once someone sees or hears something that gives the go ahead, things escalate.

Case in point was indeed the producer in the guy's house messing around and it went from the audience suggesting he looks in the underwear drawer to one guy shouting out to smash the TV and someone else yelling "trash his room". Typical group mentality you see in every protest where a large herd of people gather and things escalate until violence is committed and only when something seemingly tragic happens or they get separated into individuals do they realise what they've done.

To be honest, like I mentioned before, in light of the constant protests and Occupy movements in the world the last few years, I think more people should see this week's show just to see for themselves what goes on when people group together and maybe they'll rethink whether those movements are actually as good as they believe.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

No such thing as MK Ultra,

How about you get your paranoid self out from under a rock and enjoy the sunlight?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   
Derren Brown - Such a gentleman and always stops to spend time with his fans signing autographs and letting them have photos with him. They say you shouldn't meet your heroes but you'll have no regrets meeting Derren.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
reply to post by curious7

No such thing as MK Ultra,

How about you get your paranoid self out from under a rock and enjoy the sunlight?

Well that's rather harsh really..

Especially as MK ULTRA is one of those few "confirmed conspircies."

Declassified MK-Ultra Project Documents

History of MK-ULTRA CIA program on Mind Control

Wikipedia: Project MKULTRA

Selections of CIA MKULTRA Documents - 0001

The use and presence of MK ULTRA is a fact.

new topics

top topics

join