It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you make a clean Uranus thread?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I agree with the others. You're going to have jokes no matter how you spell it. Stuff like Klingons around Uranus. Even if you spell it like Urinus, it sounds like...um...water sports. Sorry. I just don't see any clean way to do it.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I agree with the others. You're going to have jokes no matter how you spell it. Stuff like Klingons around Uranus. Even if you spell it like Urinus, it sounds like...um...water sports. Sorry. I just don't see any clean way to do it.

Oh SkidMark

I remember you telling us that "that" wasn't at all what your name meant, but I'm sure you can see the humour here...

The only sane way this planet can be discussed without sh**s and giggles, it to refer to it as the 7th rock from the sun.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Personally I think the problem with the other thread was that it was posted in a serious forum. If it had been posted in the Jokes forum, it might have survived longer. Like previous posters have noted, that OP was so worded as to invite word play and it seemed to be quite a spontaneous thing. Immature? Quite possibly. Funny? Oh my! Some people were actually being quite clever with their responses. I can see that some might find it childish but it was just a spontaneous action that resulted in some very well-though out and constructed replies. I was busy making a really nice one...then it got closed.

Maybe we should just stick Uranus in the Jokes section and be done with it?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Dang , yes it was chopped . Reserving the right to not reply to why and getting into a semantics debate with other comments in other threads .

Anyway , regarding the new spot , sent an email to one of the Arizona State Professors regarding it . Wait and see if they respond .

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join