It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What are mobile police command centers used for?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
There is a mobile police command center sitting on my road right now. I am guessing they're doing surveillance work but for what purpose? The thing is my road has only six houses sitting on it so why are they here. There's nothing in the news that's too outrageous. No serious drug suspicions in my area as far as I know. I feel like I should be expecting a knock on my door at some point today. Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Commanding police....mobily?

Maybe training? maybe a drug bust? what kind of area do you live in?

edit on 28-10-2011 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

I live on hill, sort of a private mini-development. I know all of my neighbors and they're all nice respectable people.

I think that's why I'm a bit paranoid. What's their reasoning for being up here?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
they heard you were on ats, we all have one outside our houses now...

I'm to scared to leave work, the one's been out here for over 3 hours.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by doom27

Haha I'm not going to lie, the thought crossed my mind. I've been wearing my tin foil hat since.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Most likely a murder. The only time I see them is when there has been a murder up here. I am sure they would use them for large illegal drug busts too. Could be a training exercise.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
There is a mobile police command center sitting on my road right now. ......No serious drug suspicions in my area as far as I know. ........

Just as a question. When did you ever know there was a drug bust going down till you read it in the news.

I mean seriously dude, think about how stupid your comments made you look as if you know whats going on secretly that the Polcie might be monitoring. This is why Americans are going nuts. Too much suspicious garnering and weird thinking. If the USA is falling apart i's staring weith it's own citizens, never mind the government.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
if its for a drug bust its not in or around your street... that would be the unltimate faux pas like setting up a big sign saying... raiding here soon, to take a stab in the dark somthing relativley low key, or new evidence or new part of a crime scene has been brought to the attention of the cops dealing with an already open case, hence the lack of media coverage.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I operate a mobile command center. It's used mainly for briefings and has communications gear similar to a dispatch center. Instead of relaying information back and forthto dispatch, you can do everything on site.

Say if you have many different agencies responding to incident. With the gear we have, we can have everyone tslk to each other on their radios or even cell phones. We also establish internet and tv for updates and access to GWEN.
edit on 28-10-2011 by jhill76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by daggyz

I think you need to take it easy on the insults friend. I made the comments about drugs because I would find it incredibly surprising if any of my neighbors were drug dealers.

Also, even if there were small time dealers it would indicate the possibile presece of larger dealers in the area, thus my suspicions. For instance, small time meth dealers were found in a neighboring town and this alerted police to a larger operation which was successfully busted. So while I understand that obviously you cannot know if drugs are in the area until a bust has been made, there are definitely precursors to such an event.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

What are mobile police command centers used for?,

They are used as mobile police command centres.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jhill76

Hey there, thanks for your concise and mature response. There seem to be a ton of angry and aggressive people in here who can't find it within themselves to provide some common courtesy.

I really don't understand why this was considered such a stupid question. I was simply curious why a massive vehicle was parked two spaces down on my desolate mountain road. I figured that begged some questioning but I suppose I could have asked for more specifics of their function such as you provided.

Anyway, my rant is now over, thanks again for your reply.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Sentience365

Depends though, some might have seen it as stupid, others might have thought it was another of those ridiculous "police state, omgz!!" claims but as the other member said, easy communication on site.

I've seen them a few times, they have one in the middle of a town centre locally sometimes in case anyone wants to report anything suspicious.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

People are entitled to their opinions. As I've previously stated I may have relayed my concerns in too simplistic of a fashion in my opening post.

Anyway, the on site communication aspect makes sense. But I was wondering, with the police station only being down the hill why would the command center be necessary?

posted on Oct, 30 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sentience365
reply to post by jhill76

Hey there, thanks for your concise and mature response. There seem to be a ton of angry and aggressive people in here who can't find it within themselves to provide some common courtesy.

I really don't understand why this was considered such a stupid question. I was simply curious why a massive vehicle was parked two spaces down on my desolate mountain road. I figured that begged some questioning but I suppose I could have asked for more specifics of their function such as you provided.

Anyway, my rant is now over, thanks again for your reply.
edit on 29-10-2011 by Sentience365 because: (no reason given)

Possible they could have units in area and communications are not great in said area. So, this vehicle could probably provide communications to the units in the field. Could also be used for training. If they were doing intel work, they would be more discrete and not in a fully marked vehicle for all to see.

new topics

top topics

join