It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul blasts TSA’s “sinister” military-style crackdown on U.S. highways

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
If Ron Paul could be the Únited'states of America's saviour he would be dead, because he isnt dead, he is another puppet.

You are a deluded race of people and you even accepted the George Bush election debarcle - there there subversive people, reap what you sow.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I am a Paul supporter, but let me ask you this....

Back before Obama was president, he was making an awful lot of promises, saying an awful lot of things as well...

What can you say to convince others that he is not just saying what he ha to, to get elected?

His voting record, is not enough.

Saying what he has to, to get elected? Really? A lot of what he says is scoffed at by mainstream Americans. Don't mistake what is deemed as 'normal' in our little ATS community for what is 'normal' in mainstream America..

If Ron Paul was just saying what he had to in order to get elected, he wouldn't dare say things like Iran isn't a true threat, let's abolish the department of education, all drugs should be federally legal, and of course the one that would make any campaign manager lose a few hairs right then and there.. saying that it was America's foreign policy that invited the attacks of 9/11.. on none other than September 12th, the day after the 10th anniversary.

You really think he's saying all that to sweep Americans off their feet? Again, don't mistake the sentiments of ATSers for the sentiments and worldviews of the other 306,000,000 people in this country.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aestheteka
You should try living in Eastern Europe. Police stop cars and do random checks every day.
It's just part of life over here.
In Zurich, Switzerland, the No.1 city in the world, police move about in gangs and stop people to check their papers and even do random searches on the spot. Every single day. It's just part of life.

That blows. Yeah, in Russia cops pull you over and simply expect to be paid a bribe or they'll arrest you.

Out of curiosity, what did you mean when you said "Zurich, Switzerland, the No. 1 city in the world" ? Number 1 in what?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Also, your TSA is a bunch of no hope police or army people. Yes, they were not fit enough to join the police and army, they were not clever enough to pass a non existant army exam, and they are not tough enough to do on obstacle course.

Unless you have met a TSA worker or chicken I havnt, they are fekn more stupid than chickens. Good on them for working though, just a shame they are mainly wannabee's which mean, like the dkhed tick as pg sht cops (not the majority), they will just react to orders and breach human rights.

TSA given any power is....FAIL

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

I am a Paul supporter, but let me ask you this....

Back before Obama was president, he was making an awful lot of promises, saying an awful lot of things as well...

What can you say to convince others that he is not just saying what he ha to, to get elected?

His voting record, is not enough.

Saying what he has to, to get elected? Really? A lot of what he says is scoffed at by mainstream Americans. Don't mistake what is deemed as 'normal' in our little ATS community for what is 'normal' in mainstream America..

If Ron Paul was just saying what he had to in order to get elected, he wouldn't dare say things like Iran isn't a true threat, let's abolish the department of education, all drugs should be federally legal, and of course the one that would make any campaign manager lose a few hairs right then and there.. saying that it was America's foreign policy that invited the attacks of 9/11.. on none other than September 12th, the day after the 10th anniversary.

You really think he's saying all that to sweep Americans off their feet? Again, don't mistake the sentiments of ATSers for the sentiments and worldviews of the other 306,000,000 people in this country.

You say good things ruined by your Avatar

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by FastJetPilot
If Ron Paul could be the Únited'states of America's saviour he would be dead, because he isnt dead, he is another puppet.

You are a deluded race of people and you even accepted the George Bush election debarcle - there there subversive people, reap what you sow.

It doesn't mean he's a puppet.. killing him is way too big a risk, especially knowing the kind of diligence his supporters have. So they'll just continue to ignore him, or try to discredit him and make him look crazy.. if necessary I'm sure they'd rig the election. They have plenty of tricks up their sleeves before resorting to killing him. So again, no, him remaining alive does not mean he's a puppet. In fact I'm beginning to regret that I wasted 20 seconds of my life typing this if that's really what you think

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   

You say good things ruined by your Avatar

haha.. yeah. It keeps me from taking this little internet soapbox too seriously

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

Naaaah, Im not American but I believe they [america] are leading the free world and as part of that free world, I think that they [america] are really corrupt and messed up. Im reading about Iraq and Afghanistan and it really sucks to the point i am thinking war crimes. I dont care for sadam or AQ or Gadaffi but I also dont care for illegal ínteligance'.

I also hated the abuse in Yugoslavia and africa that the pathetic UN did nothing and thousands of people died under their noses and it took the US to do something, good on them, somalia, yugoslavia....

So its a mess and I really hope you have a saviour, you are not wasting your time replying sir, im not close enought, i hope he is, we (westerners) look to US to lead, but when they lead corrupted wars and we follow, we feel cheated, its not that we dont like you, its your fekd up politicians and illegal wars through capitalist gains, same things OWS are protesting agains. The wars are all for financial or political gains, and the political gains are for financial erasons.

of course thats my opinion only.

edit on 29-10-2011 by FastJetPilot because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

reply to post by bacci0909

Naaaah, Im not American but I believe they [america] are leading the free world and as part of that free world, I think that they [america] are really corrupt and messed up. Im reading about Iraq and Afghanistan and it really sucks to the point i am thinking war crimes. I dont care for sadam or AQ or Gadaffi but I also dont care for illegal ínteligance'.

I also hated the abuse in Yugoslavia and africa that the pathetic UN did nothing and thousands of people died under their noses and it took the US to do something, good on them, somalia, yugoslavia....

So its a mess and I really hope you have a saviour, you are not wasting your time replying sir, im not close enought, i hope he is, we (westerners) look to US to lead, but when they lead corrupted wars and we follow, we feel cheated, its not that we dont like you, its your fekd up politicians and illegal wars through capitalist gains, same things OWS are protesting agains. The wars are all for financial or political gains, and the political gains are for financial erasons.

of course thats my opinion only.

I hear ya.. and it takes an enormous amount of effort for me to maintain even the slightest bit of hope. In my more vulnerable moments I'll admit that there's absolutely no way the powers that be are going to let Ron Paul be president.. but I still think it's a cause worth fighting for.. keep digging my friend. You're gonna hate when you get to the part where you find out that Al Qaeda was started by, and still is under the control of, the US's intelligence community

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, or even if it's technically 'Breaking', but it is what it is...

blog.chron.com...

Presidential candidate and Texas Rep. Ron Paul called the Transportation Security Administration’s new campaign of random inspections on Tennessee highways a “slippery slope,” which could lead to more “unconstitutional searches.”

Paul said the program comes complete with a “sinister military-style acronym,” VIPR, or Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response. According to federal law, VIPR teams are meant to work with local law enforcement to “augment the security of any mode of transportation at any location within the United States.”

“If you thought the ‘Transportation Security Administration’ would limit itself to conducting unconstitutional searches at airports, think again,” Paul said in a statement. “The agency intends to assert jurisdiction over our nation’s highways, waterways, and railroads as well.”

“Disarming the highways and filling them full of jack-booted thugs demanding to see our papers is no way to make them safer. Instead, it is a great way to expand government surveillance powers and tighten the noose around our liberties.”
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tactics being used here are disheartening to say the least.
There's sooo much history to compare these initiatives and events to, but I fear my efforts will only go to waste.

I will say this....

What is the definition of 'Insanity' according to Einstein?

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Well, if the government wants to bring forth a better future, may I suggest they consider that quote.

Or is it that those in control, sincerely don't care about the mass', just their little system of games that allow for their bloodlines to remain in positions of power and wealth, while the mass' continue to go through a viscous cycle of divide and conquer...
Well, may I suggest the tactics of Ceasar are being used and that all Roads Lead to Rome...

Remember: The decline of the Roman Empire refers to the gradual societal collapse of the Western Roman Empire. Many theories of causality prevail, but most concern the disintegration of political, economic, military, and other social institutions, in tandem with foreign invasions and usurpers from within the empire.
en.wikipedia.org...

Can someone say, Historical Reccurances?
That's a whole different topic though.

For now, I can only suggest that people continue to spread the word of the good Dr. Ron Paul, for he has been consistent in his message, and his truths are becoming self evident...

Bravo Sir.

Ron has always been the voice of reason, but his detractors make him sound insane. What is a good guy doing in Washington anyway? He seems out of place surrounded by the snakes and lizards who cringe every time he speaks. I am voting for him and I support him openly even to my "Republican" family. It makes me laugh what people think "RIGHT" is. Mostly I laugh when talking points are the only substance a candidate has and the followers can't remember what they said last time around. That never happens with Paul supporters.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Ron Paul, the only candidate with enough balls to talk about that...

Obama has proven and said many times he LOVES IT... and the other candidates are silents or support it.

Ron Paul, the only guy who cares about the constitution.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I wonder if these type of storm trooper tactics are the kinds of impetus that make folk come up with ideas like car bombs and such?

Jus' wonderin'...

And Ditto: Vote Ron Paul and say no to the NWO!

Yes, I hear that. The funny thing is, our government made it OK for semi trucks from Mexico to travel across the border with their freight. Now they are worried about terrorists in trucks. Am I alone here in thinking our leaders in Washington are retarded? No offense to people that are retarded, of course.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
On an individual basis, the best way to avoid these "check points" that are sure to increase as the TSA expands to choke off all freedoms Americans once enjoyed is stay clear of major highways. People need to become familiar with going the "back way" to travel to places they need to go. Get maps and plan trips that do not include major highways and interstates where the jack-booted TSA thugs will likely be. You have to learn to "think outside the box" when dealing with a threat from these BigGov quasi-police types.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Ittabena

Switzerland is the only true democracy.
It was also the first.
In order to keep that they have to have random stops and searches.
America never was a democracy.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I got sucked in on the Obama "hope and change" B.S. but I don't blame myself for his lack of integrity. I'm voting for Ron Paul. I won't be surprised if hes a shill but I see no harm in taking 30 minutes out of my life to play the "purple finger" farce. In my mind, neither bush nor obama were legitimate Presidents of this Republic. I honestly don't know when we had our last legitimate President but I don't support either of them and I won't support R.P. if he pulls an obama. The Constitution is the Law of the Land. If our leaders don't follow it, they aren't legitimate.

Fewer people fly today because of the TSA and fewer will travel by other modes because of them. That hurts TPTB and I think is a sign of their fear of us. Change comes from the bottom up not the top down, so as much as I would like to believe in Ron Paul, I'm more excited by the OWS protesters, thats where the real power resides. If Ron Paul turns on us, we'll endure and still kick their butts in the end.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Being retired, I now have lots of spare time. I allocate a little of it each day to standing in front of a mirror, extending my right arm and saying "Seig Heil" with a straight face.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ron Paul likely THOUGHT of this.

Get some cheap chinese truck tires imported into America.....

Company X of some Senator sells them at a 300% profit.....some truck driver buys them thinking he got a deal on cheap tires.....

Fed's bust him on the highways because the tires don't have the PSI rating on the sidewalls. Hands him his ticket.

See how money's made? Fort Knox needs to get it's Gold Vault re-filled somehow.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
For all the Anti-Paul folks...still think he has nothing to offer?

Like most of the Republican Candidates, Ron Paul is right on 85% of the issues. (Well maybe I am being too generous to some of the other lower polling candidates.)

My problem with Ron Paul is his willingness to give ground to our overseas enemies. He seems to believe that people who view us as enemies have the same value systems as us and will leave us alone if we leave them alone.

I have similar concerns on other subjects for all the other candidates, so I am going to wait until just before the Florida primary to make my decision on who to vote for, partly because I believe the field will thin before then.

Paulites can be very annoying at times and one of my weaknesses (evil pleasures?) is being annoying to annoying people.

My thinking today is, if the vote were today and and leaders were ____ and ___, I'd vote for:
Paul-Romney=Paul
Paul-Cain=Too close to call
Paul-Gingrich=Too close to call
Paul-Perry=Paul
Paul-Johnson=Paul
Paul-Santorum=Paul

That said, do I expect Paul to a leader in the delegate count by the time of the Florida Primary?
Possible=Yes
Likely=I don't think so.
Practically out of the running=I wouldn't be surprised.

But I like having him in the debates because he helps keep the others intellectually honest.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

Just remember this...ALL jurisdiction IS PRESUMED ONLY. Tell these TSA officers to get bent!!!!

Illegal search and siezure, 4th Amendment. It is an unlawful detainment without probable cause. DUE PROCESS!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Tennessee has become "The Search Me State." It may not have the highest mountains of the 50 states but it now has the slipperiest slope. Are the Tennessee people proud of all that?

edit on 29-10-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join