It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul blasts TSA’s “sinister” military-style crackdown on U.S. highways

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
None of the other "candidates" would take a strong stand like this.

Cause then they wouldn't be able to flip on it later to please some other group of people !

Like i've said a MILLION times before, if you can't tell , just by watching the debates, who is honest and for US, then you shouldn't be voting!

I love how RP cuts through the BS

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
All you rp supporters better hope he doesn't get nailed to a cross before you get to waste your vote on him.

Maybe he can start a church and you guys can all worship him for real.

He is a crackpot not the Messiah, not the Savior of the nation and he will not be president.

Look at the bright side, at least you wont have to get angry about how he goes back on all his promises.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

If you can call him a crackpot with your judgmental post, who's your crackpot for president then?, so I can call him names

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by jude11
For all the Obama supporters...Still think he's 'Cool?'

For all the Anti-Paul folks...still think he has nothing to offer?

Wake up and do the right thing...before it's too late. And that time is fast approaching.

I am a Paul supporter, but let me ask you this....

Back before Obama was president, he was making an awful lot of promises, saying an awful lot of things as well...

What can you say to convince others that he is not just saying what he ha to, to get elected?

His voting record, is not enough.

OK, I read many, many of your posts. I KNOW FOR A FACT that the question you asked is beneath you. You know exactly what the answer is, yet you ask it anyway? You're a good contributor to ATS; don't ask trollish questions like that.

To the OP: yet another reason Ron Paul is tops on my list of candidates. Consistency, integrity, and honesty. The cardboard cutout we have in office now, and have had for the past 30 years or so, has nothing even in the same galaxy as Dr. Paul.

/TOA

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

lol, new members.

Gotta love em.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Originally posted by jude11
For all the Obama supporters...Still think he's 'Cool?'

For all the Anti-Paul folks...still think he has nothing to offer?

Wake up and do the right thing...before it's too late. And that time is fast approaching.

I am a Paul supporter, but let me ask you this....

Back before Obama was president, he was making an awful lot of promises, saying an awful lot of things as well...

What can you say to convince others that he is not just saying what he ha to, to get elected?

His voting record, is not enough.

Hi, Gimme.....

What I would tell people is look at the bills he introduces into Congress. He can't be faulted if many of them don't become law, but it's solid evidence that he is not just talking...he's taking action. Also, direct people to his voting record. He consistently votes down any laws that don't follow the Constitution. This is exactly why he has such loyal supporters....because they know he isn't just talk. Sure, he has to kick and scream all the way to get a fraction of what he wants done, but he is undaunted.....he keeps persevering even if he's the lone voice. I have all the respect in the world for him just for that alone. As far as getting Congress to do what he wants if he's fortunate to find himself in the Oval Office, I'm guessing we might see some folks come out of the word work in Congress that may have previously remained mum out of fear or whatever else kept them from speaking out. Maybe when they see someone who wants to do the right thing, others will follow suit. You never know. Look how many sponsors that surfaced for his "Audit the Fed" bill..........

edit on 29-10-2011 by NightGypsy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

All you rp supporters better hope he doesn't get nailed to a cross before you get to waste your vote on him. Maybe he can start a church and you guys can all worship him for real. He is a crackpot not the Messiah, not the Savior of the nation and he will not be president. Look at the bright side, at least you wont have to get angry about how he goes back on all his promises.

Does anyone have a fly swatter?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente
reply to post by TheOven

lol, new members.

Gotta love em.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

For now, I can only suggest that people continue to spread the word of the good Dr. Ron Paul, for he has been consistent in his message, and his truths are becoming self evident...

Okay, OP, this thread totally makes up for that crazy thread you started earlier....LOL

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   
You should try living in Eastern Europe. Police stop cars and do random checks every day.
It's just part of life over here.
In Zurich, Switzerland, the No.1 city in the world, police move about in gangs and stop people to check their papers and even do random searches on the spot. Every single day. It's just part of life.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

Last time I checked, Obama was just one person in the process of making this crap into law. There's over five hundred others that give a yea or nay. It takes some republican votes there, too, chief. They are all corrupt.

Good luck wasting time trying to get Paul elected. I'm going to spend the next year enjoying life and not worrying about that which will never change.

That's right, more of the same that got us into this mess. The similarities between the Bush/Obama administration and the time leading up to FDR's time in office are so striking. More of the same complacency and blind trust that allowed them to get into place and entrench so deeply, and which is allowing them to keep printing money to get us out of the trouble caused by the reckless printing of money. Rolling over on your back like a submissive pup will not improve things, nor will a condescending tone succeed in making you appear wise and all knowing.

"Those who refuse to participate in politics shall be governed by their inferiors." ~ Plato

The reason they teach us all names and dates and places instead of actual history is because they don't want you to realize that we have changed things many times before, even when it seemed this desperate. However we always stop when things start to improve. We get lazy and don't pay attention any more, and let it start all over again.

Are you really alright with that?

Are you really alright with being flim-flammed year in and year out as they gain wealth and you pay with decreased buying power?

Are you really alright that people are being killed all over the Mid East while you are being spoon fed lies by the Corporate Media as to the reasons why?

Are you really alright with people being abused for exercising their Constitutional rights of letting the Government know that they are not happy with the way things are going?

Are you really happy trying to navigate your way through a broken system where you pay the bills for inferiors lining their pockets?

Your choice, but...

And anyway, no one asked you to go knock on your neighbors door and tell him about Ron Paul. All we care about is that he gets your vote, or would you prefer more of the same?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

He is a crackpot not the Messiah, not the Savior of the nation and he will not be president.

So you are saying you want more of the same? Just trying to clarify.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aestheteka

You should try living in Eastern Europe. Police stop cars and do random checks every day. It's just part of life over here.

Yes... But we do not live in Eastern Europe or Switzerland, and it is not part of everyday life here, nor are we willing to accept it becoming that way.

Do you enjoy living with that sort of thing?

The media drones on about how we are bringing American freedom to other countries around the world and even though that is a lie it does not mean we are ready to give ours up. I am truly sorry that you are living with this sort of thing, but acceptance will not improve anything. We learned all about appeasement from Hitler and Stalin. It did not work for us then and I don't believe this is the time to forget it.

Only two presidents have done this to us, three if you count Clinton for allowing the repeal of the Glass Stiegall act, one good president can do us a lot of good, especially if we stay awake and continue to take a hand.

Congress's approval rating was reported the other day at a mere 9%, the lowest since the days of the Great Depression, and that will have an effect as well. Now the big problem is to get the lobby tap turned off to the Congress and get them listening to their real bosses; us!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

So your last girlfriend was totally hot. You loved the sex, you loved her perfume, her clothes, her car. You had it bad. If she had taken a dump on the bed one day you would have done your best to love it. But then she slept around. A lot!

Fast froward lets say two years. You meet a new girl. She's totally cool. She eve talks a little like Holly Hunter - you know a little out of the side of her mouth and with that little accent Holly has. You've checked her out thoroughly and talked to all her past boyfriends, and there weren't very many to run down either. You have no evidence that she has ever done anything wrong. The worst thing you can find out about her was that she used to support Reagan but had to change her mind after he got in office. Do you treat her suspiciously? Do you accuse her of cheating? Or do you make her pay for the last girlfriends mistake in some other way?

Would it be fair to judge the new GF by the behavior of the old GF? I don't know, but to me this sounds like a question right out of Common Sense 101.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOven

All you rp supporters better hope he doesn't get nailed to a cross before you get to waste your vote on him.

What the hell does that even mean?

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Dr.Paul calls out the TSA and the naysayers throw a fit.The TAS is part of what Collin Powell called the Terrorism/Industrial complex.We need to stop this now.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

“If you thought the ‘Transportation Security Administration’ would limit itself to conducting unconstitutional searches at airports, think again,” Paul said in a statement. “The agency intends to assert jurisdiction over our nation’s highways, waterways, and railroads as well.”

“Disarming the highways and filling them full of jack-booted thugs demanding to see our papers is no way to make them safer. Instead, it is a great way to expand government surveillance powers and tighten the noose around our liberties.”

Man... what a statement. Sorry if wooing over what some of you claim is "just another lying politician" makes you throw up in your mouth a little bit, but seriously.. we can't take this guy for granted. He's among the last who are not only able to assess things from this perspective, but are willing to speak it

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by pianopraze
They are also scanning people without their knowledge or consent on the highway.

The 2009 Reinvestment and Recovery Act paid for thise: Press release from OSI

We must stop this insanity NOW!!!

Go Ron Paul!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
I will not be unreasonabley searched.
I have a constitutional right to be free of such infringements from my goivernment.
Constitution>TSA.

Wrong, son. You have NO "Constitutional rights". The constitution is just a goddamned piece of paper, just as Bush said. It was true, what what stupid of him was for him to let the cat out of the bag.

No, this post of mine explains in a very cursory fashion what happened to the "Constitutional Republic". You will only have "Constitutionally protected" rights for so long as tptw care to keep up the smokescreen.

If you ever end up before a judge and demand your "constitutional rights", he will throw your ass in jail, where it belongs until it learns the difference between rights that Nature have defined for man being protected by the Constitution, and rights that are endowed by a piece of paper. Unless you know the source and nature of your rights, you have none.

Not to be harsh or anything. just taking the opportunity to get this info out.

FREE YOUR MIND.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by TheOven

What the hell does that even mean?

It's pretty obvious, isn't it? I personally will feel it's an act of God if Ron Paul makes it to the ballot, and a miracle if he survives long enough to be inaugurated. Unless the elites have some dirt on him that they haven't used yet.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join