It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul blasts TSA’s “sinister” military-style crackdown on U.S. highways

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is the right place for this, or even if it's technically 'Breaking', but it is what it is...

blog.chron.com...

Presidential candidate and Texas Rep. Ron Paul called the Transportation Security Administration’s new campaign of random inspections on Tennessee highways a “slippery slope,” which could lead to more “unconstitutional searches.”

Paul said the program comes complete with a “sinister military-style acronym,” VIPR, or Visible Intermodal Prevention and Response. According to federal law, VIPR teams are meant to work with local law enforcement to “augment the security of any mode of transportation at any location within the United States.”

“If you thought the ‘Transportation Security Administration’ would limit itself to conducting unconstitutional searches at airports, think again,” Paul said in a statement. “The agency intends to assert jurisdiction over our nation’s highways, waterways, and railroads as well.”

“Disarming the highways and filling them full of jack-booted thugs demanding to see our papers is no way to make them safer. Instead, it is a great way to expand government surveillance powers and tighten the noose around our liberties.”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The tactics being used here are disheartening to say the least.
There's sooo much history to compare these initiatives and events to, but I fear my efforts will only go to waste.

I will say this....

What is the definition of 'Insanity' according to Einstein?

“Insanity is doing the same thing, over and over again, but expecting different results.”
― Albert Einstein

Well, if the government wants to bring forth a better future, may I suggest they consider that quote.

Or is it that those in control, sincerely don't care about the mass', just their little system of games that allow for their bloodlines to remain in positions of power and wealth, while the mass' continue to go through a viscous cycle of divide and conquer...
Well, may I suggest the tactics of Ceasar are being used and that all Roads Lead to Rome...

Remember: The decline of the Roman Empire refers to the gradual societal collapse of the Western Roman Empire. Many theories of causality prevail, but most concern the disintegration of political, economic, military, and other social institutions, in tandem with foreign invasions and usurpers from within the empire.
en.wikipedia.org...

Can someone say, Historical Reccurances?
That's a whole different topic though.

For now, I can only suggest that people continue to spread the word of the good Dr. Ron Paul, for he has been consistent in his message, and his truths are becoming self evident...
edit on 29/10/11 by masqua because: added ex tags for external content

+55 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
For all the Obama supporters...Still think he's 'Cool?'

For all the Anti-Paul folks...still think he has nothing to offer?

Wake up and do the right thing...before it's too late. And that time is fast approaching.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate worth even thinking about. He is the ONLY one standing for your rights and freedoms. Is this so hard to understand?

Peace

edit on 28-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I wonder if these type of storm trooper tactics are the kinds of impetus that make folk come up with ideas like car bombs and such?

Jus' wonderin'...

And Ditto: Vote Ron Paul and say no to the NWO!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
They are also scanning people without their knowledge or consent on the highway.

The 2009 Reinvestment and Recovery Act paid for thise: Press release from OSI

We must stop this insanity NOW!!!

Go Ron Paul!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Wake up and do the right thing...before it's too late. And that time is fast approaching.

Ron Paul is the ONLY candidate worth even thinking about. He is the ONLY one standing for your rights and freedoms. Is this so hard to understand?

Peace

edit on 28-10-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

Last time I checked, Obama was just one person in the process of making this crap into law. There's over five hundred others that give a yea or nay. It takes some republican votes there, too, chief.
They are all corrupt.

Good luck wasting time trying to get Paul elected. I'm going to spend the next year enjoying life and not worrying about that which will never change.

+15 more 
posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by the owlbear

I'm going to spend the next year enjoying life and not worrying about that which will never change.

This approach (or non-approach actually) is the way it started and the way in which it will end.

Exactly what is expected.

Sad really.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by the owlbear

the TSA is part of the beurocracy (which iis the reasoning that is typically used as the justification of their unconstitutional activities).

as such, their activity is performed solely under the authority of the executive (NOT Congress).

this may be the only time I have seen the president get blamed for what is ACTUALLY his due.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In response to OWLBEAR, Good, you do that, meanwhile the rest of us will ponder the constituionality of executive orders, jackbooted thugs that are more dangerous than any street gang or mafioso, and fake wars fought over the limited natural resources this planet has to offer.
Hopefully you wont ever have to deal with the reality of the silent little thing called "the erosion of your every last civil liberty" so you go on and enjoy yourself.
Hopefully I wont have to hunt you down and eat you when the shtf.
edit on 10/28/2011 by unsteadystate because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/28/2011 by unsteadystate because: Making sure owl bear knows who is talking to him...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Good luck wasting time trying to get Paul elected. I'm going to spend the next year enjoying life and not worrying about that which will never change.

When the change you DON'T prefer or care to be a part sweeps into your life, don't say a million others didn't warn you.

Being searched anywhere in public is a precursor to being searched in private. When you get stopped on the highway for no reason and offer a smile to the thug searching you.. remember his face becausee one day he could be smiling at you in your bedroom.

b
edit on 28-10-2011 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I will not be unreasonabley searched.
I have a constitutional right to be free of such infringements from my goivernment.
Constitution>TSA.
I will not become violent, I will firmly object.
I suggest they ask me to come with them rather than assault me.
I will probably comply to a simple request and see the case through to court.
If violence is thrust upon me, I will respond as I would to anyone attempting to break the law and assault me.
The hand that grabs me might soon need medical attention.
And yes, I'll happily take the charge, and file a civil lawsuit against every agent that assists.
I've paid a very large corporate law firm for 3 years for my business.. It's about time the earn their keep.

I hope the TSA agents get the same prime medical coverage that congressmen and senators get.
I doubt I will be alone in my sentiments.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Why is NO other politician talking about the ever increasing police state? Because its meant to protect them from us.

No Democrats, no Republicans. Where are the Democrats who "allegedly" stand for the people? How about all those Ron Paul clones who are now preaching "small government" and the Constitution?

Surely, this violates the 4th Amendment. But no, not a peep. Except from one.

edit on 28-10-2011 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
well you don't need a million dollar lawyer to file a lawsuit in court. it's free. that's were the education system has let us completely down.

instead of coloring all day in grade school, we should be pounding into our kids heads the rights that they were born with in america.

and not only that, we should be teaching them practical applications and real world experience on how to use the legal tools at our disposal.

field trips to court houses, mock filing of lawsuits and grievances using real forms, a thorough understanding of our constitution and examples of what the government is allowed or not allowed to do should be programmed into our kids so they can defend themselves and preserve what america, sadly once was.

you shouldn't have to go to harvard law school to know how to use the legal system.

but no surprise here, the government funds the school system, it's counter productive to teach kids these things.

the majority of americans send their kids to be turned into mindless sheeple and they send their kids to private schools to learn how to rule over you.

it's no wonder that the kids that drop out of school are the smart ones because they feel and sense that the school system is erasing their independence and is trying to exert control over their lives.

and for preserving their free will, the drop outs are shut out from society, and picked up like stray dogs to be incarcerated.

the ones that stay are just shot into the system, to be worker drones and whip masters.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Ben Franklin said."Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,
deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Can you say choke point check points? I think you can.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Once the highways are locked down, they will come for our guns. Then, we will be nothing more than plain slaves. We will have lost our citizenship through apathy.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

I am a Paul supporter, but let me ask you this....

Back before Obama was president, he was making an awful lot of promises, saying an awful lot of things as well...

What can you say to convince others that he is not just saying what he ha to, to get elected?

His voting record, is not enough.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
It will be a COLD day in Satan's bathroom after a hot shower when they 'take' the guns away... People will use them before they lose them.

I can't wait for the day to come when Humanity can't even comprehend any justification for taking the life of another person. If we're all the same species, why in the world would someone take the life of another?
That day wont come until we're flying around the universe bartaring and trading with other species though, but till then I suppose...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Last time I checked, Obama was just one person in the process of making this crap into law. There's over five hundred others that give a yea or nay. It takes some republican votes there, too, chief.
They are all corrupt.

Right, don't do anything. Don't vote for Paul. That's cool..

Enjoy your fema camp.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MESSAGEFROMTHESTARS

the moment i read your thread, you wanna know what it instantly reminded me of ?

the gestapo in Germany in the 1930's
edit on 28/10/11 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Are you being sarcastic? because I feel like you are. Who knows these days though.

What I do know and many people out there will agree with this (even some people that refuse to vote for him), that Ron Paul is honest, if he says he wants to eliminate the TSA, he means it.

Ron Paul has a huge dedicated grassroots support, a base so strong and committed to him that if he became president, all he had to do was send out an email and we'd be at the doorsteps of our representatives demanding accountability or resignation.

What Obama had was strong but all of his support jumped ship as soon as he became president, they didn't care about him, they thought all they had to do was vote for him and they'd get change.

Give Ron national television time whenever he needed and America might actually be able to wake up.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
well you don't need a million dollar lawyer to file a lawsuit in court. it's free. that's were the education system has let us completely down.

instead of coloring all day in grade school, we should be pounding into our kids heads the rights that they were born with in america.

and not only that, we should be teaching them practical applications and real world experience on how to use the legal tools at our disposal.

field trips to court houses, mock filing of lawsuits and grievances using real forms, a thorough understanding of our constitution and examples of what the government is allowed or not allowed to do should be programmed into our kids so they can defend themselves and preserve what america, sadly once was.

you shouldn't have to go to harvard law school to know how to use the legal system.

but no surprise here, the government funds the school system, it's counter productive to teach kids these things.

the majority of americans send their kids to be turned into mindless sheeple and they send their kids to private schools to learn how to rule over you.

it's no wonder that the kids that drop out of school are the smart ones because they feel and sense that the school system is erasing their independence and is trying to exert control over their lives.

and for preserving their free will, the drop outs are shut out from society, and picked up like stray dogs to be incarcerated.

the ones that stay are just shot into the system, to be worker drones and whip masters.

Im not a plumber. When my pipes burst I do not attempt to rip my floor apart when I have already paid a plumber to be on call in case my sink clogs.. I just call him... as he is the pro.
My skills are not fighting the US government in a courtroom.. but my companies law firm LOVES to stroke their egos and walletts by taking on the Feds, Competoing corps, skirting compliance reghulations legally, etc..
Ive already paid them..no need for me to spend 500 hours preparing for a court case.

"the man who has himself as his attorney has a fool for a client."

Most people cannot fathom the ammount of ill written jargon used to write laws and regulations, much less understand them.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join