It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Devino
reply to post by Char-Lee

I don't know where you live, but my son has a 300$ water bill in the summer in Tx. So it can be expensive. We have a well and it is costly pumping water with electricity we can hardly afford the electric bill. So it all depends.

Oh, I agree! FYI I pay $1.57 per CCF so my bill for the last 2 months is $11.74 plus costumer charges.

I don't condone stealing but my question remains unanswered.
Who's property was this and who pays the water bill?

If we are believing the OP is telling a true story we must realize no police are going to come somewhere about a complaint of water being stolen if the guy had no right to the spigot he is complaining about.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Char-Lee because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by 46ACE

The only place that I'm taking this, is that there seems to be an empty place where most American's hearts should be nowadays. I can honestly say that if this happened to me, I'd not be angry with them. I would probably hear their story and give them more than just water. I would also let them know that I'm a second amendment supporter in case they decided to try to take advantage of me.

This statement alone shows that you will, in fact, draw a line. You argue that these people have the "right" to tresspass, steal and be rude because it was "just water" - a necessity of life. So if you caught some hungry thief in your house stealing some of your food you would use your "second amendment" rights to deny someone their basic rights to food? I mean, after all it was only a few bucks worth of food that shouldn't be hoarded by you anyway - right? Or is there an empty place in your heart that would make you deny them of their basic right to your food?

Same scenario to Muzzleflash - what is the monetary value of your charity? Since coming on your property and taking without asking is apparently "charity", at what point do you say no? When they're stealing steaks from inside your house? It shouldn't matter, right? Inside your house or outside in your yard is still your property, so no difference. Stealing 2 cents worth of water or a 10 dollar steak or even all the meat in your freezer - you would be ok with it, right? Or would you eventually deny someone their basic "right" to food?

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by spacekc929

Its not a house,its a building that I have lived in for the past 13 years and i run it as well.
I am accountable for the money spent here and they just spent money i will have to explain if the bill gets high enough.

Thank you for clarifying. I wasn't trying to be snippy, promise. It was confusing as to what was actually happening.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by Evolutionsend

There are stores all over the area where they could buy a bottle of water. Not to mention I would think that all that money being donated would go towards providing basic needs for the protesters.

Some of the ones i watched on TV were turning away donations of food and water because they had to much.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Okay, so it's your building, does that mean that the tap is on the side of the street on the sidewalk, or is the tap somewhere on "the property?" Does that mean that they were trespassing or not? These are really important questions in understanding the situation.

It is sounding more and more to me like these men were filling up with a tap that is located in an alley or a sidewalk, and that there is not even a clear way for them to know they were taking water that wasn't theirs. Did you catch them on the sidewalk? Do you have signs posted, "Water for resident consumption only"? How can you expect them to know that it wasn't theirs to take? Not to mention, if these people had been wearing business suits, would you have called the cops on them?

This story is BS. You are making a mountain of a molehill. it sounds to me like these men might not have even realized that it wasn't a public tap, which easily explains why they were so rude to you. In fact, it means you are the one who is a jerk - having a tap on the outside of a building, facing a public sidewalk, without any sort of signage donating that it was private, and then getting mad at people for making a basic assumption which anyone would have made. Oh, and then for some reason assuming these men were with OWS, which you still haven't explained.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

C'mon man dont be such a trivial bad ass..it's just a little water and is not in his yard and he called a cops .It's ridicilous ....thousands small crimes are occuring every day ...we are humans after all

2L of bottled water:$2.60?
Wha? a mere "piffling pittance" to you...
1000 mortgage derivative contracts $430 million? a mere piffling pittance to J.P..
Morgan and clan..????????????????????????

Get off the material value its all relative!.
"theft is theft"
Arrogance is arrogance..

And I am soundly against "water privatization! So you are "preaching somewhat to the choir"...

( A real bad issue in central and south America!)
Now coming to north America.(i.e.rain water collection laws ; selling off the great lakes commercial rights.etc.).I just hate rude; entitled "takers"...
edit on 28-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
But the biggest question is, were they trespassing or weren't they?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I bet you will if gets co-opted like you wish it would as a democratic answer to the conservative Tea Party.
I can't even say what I think about that without getting banned.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by angrymomma

I don't care what you believe,thats up to you.
My PERSONAL details are none of your business.
I realize that this reply is to another member but I would like to comment on it.

The details that not only matter but are crucial to this thread are if whether or not you actually own the property and/or water. By "own" I mean pay the bills. If you do not then your point in this thread is void. How can you claim ownership over something that you do not own. Can you prove that these two guys were stealing and trespassing?

link   
reply to post by tallcool1

If they entered my home and broke a lock, and then started taking food, yes I'd be angry. If they replaced the lock and proved to me that they were not a criminal, I'd go to the store and buy them as much long shelf life dehydrated food as they could carry. It wouldn't cost me much, and it would mean a lot to them. It's called kindness.

The most likely scenario though is that anyone willing to go past a locked door is armed, in which case there would be no talking.

link   
reply to post by spacekc929

You have great points here.

What if one of the other tenants who lives in the building said they could fill up their jugs?
The Op decided to come out like gangbusters though instead of asking, "Did someone say you could access that water?"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Honestly Slayer ..will you call the cops if saw someone still water from someone else yard? I think NOT

Probably not for STEALING water but for trespassing...?

YES.

But they needed that trespassing for that water

edit on 28-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

There are a lot of houses...all they had to do was knock at a few doors and ASK until someone let them fill their bottles!

link   
OP - You have all the right in the world to feel the way you do and I stand beside you on this...

I didnt take the OP's thread as showing any animosity towards the movement. I understood what I read and didnt jump the gun on his statement... He made it very clear that "there is alot of support for this movement", meaning to me, that he very well could be one on the same side.

What I also understood... Some people... Just as examples show on this more and more idioticly becomming site... (gawd I hope I get my account deleted for that statement), is that it is becomming more and more obvious that people feel they have the right to any and everything when they feel like it... No askin.. Just take it.

So... This is ok? Big deal... It's water... Yeah? Ask around Texas and other states how much those people are paying for water.. Especially in dry areas. A few 5 gallon bottles of water may not be much.. Probably worth less than 20$ but ..... He could have carried his lazy arse to the store and bought it like every other thursty person. Why just tresspess in someones yard and just take what you want without askin? Is that the kind of mentality we want from the people who are supposedly standing up for "our" rights when they're breaking the damned law by tresspessing and stealing from under someones nose, and they dont give a rats ass... Instead of asking.. Lets take it and tell off the old guy when he catches us...

Yeah... Real stand up protesters... If thats the kinda rabble that is standing up for us... we just assume dig our holes and fill the dirt on top of us while we're at it. I rather live in chains than let crooks fight for our freedoms.

And before you lable me as a hater or some anti protester... I served, and personaly, I feel a total working blackout should be in order. But this is idiocy. "Vets" showing up to these things is great.. But a Vet protesting out of uniform to me is just as usless as a vet protesting naked. Tuck that Shirt.. Tuck those BDUs. If you're a soldier... Dress like one! If you dont care about your country.. why wear the damn thing at all?! Some of those guys getting arrested are more comical than I could ever believe as being serious. So yeah.. I think it's loosing steam and becomming just silly. A total working blackout should be in order. When the food stops... People panick! When the money stop... Governments panick!

Nuff said...

link   
Not to be rude, But how do we know we are getting the whole story.
Seems to me two men went to this guys house. Did they knock on the door to gain permision? It is likely that they did. The Op stated he was on his way to said property. Maybe they knocked and was going to ask if they might grab a bottle full of water. Yet no one answered so they figured a little water was harmless enough.

Enter the OP. "Hey that is my water" Now sure at this point the two men could have apologized and explained themselves. Maybe the Op came off as rude or agressive so they were defensive off the bat. Maybe he demanded they pour out the water. Maybe they were OWS people maybe they were not. I am not sure how one would know for sure. And Again maybe off the bat they were just being A holes. The point is I can't take one side of the story and balance it fairly.

I find it wrong they took water without asking, However I would have solved the problem when I saw it. " Hey guys Just a minute there, Don't fill it up all the way I will crack some ice for you to add with it.." Chances are at that point they would have not been rude not been agressive and probably have apologized. But hey who knows At the point the op saw what was happening he could have kept control of the situation. Instead he called the police, That is his Right as the two were taking from him, something he had purchased. Theft..

I understand that you would have given them the water if they asked. Yet it seems you didn't control the conversation instead you leapt to accusations which put them on the defensive. Again this was your right and after you solved the problem by calling the police.

When people are approached in a certain manner they react in a certain manner. Maybe they understood when they were caught that they were in the wrong. However it doesn't sound like you gave them any avenue to retreat.
If indeed you were the type of person who would help others out a little water shouldn't have mattered much. As I stated before maybe they had knocked to gain permision but you wasn't home. They then took, Which was wrong I agree. However calling the police over a gallon or two of water?? How much resources did that cost all of us in taxes? Should I be mad at you now for calling the police without good cause and not asking me how I want my tax money spent.

Allot of things I have stated above could be way off maybe they were devious crooks and had been taking your water for 2 weeks now. However Like you I have no proof of that. To condemn the whole OWS based on a minor situation that you honestly handled badly seems like a crybaby move to me..

Therian

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Honestly Slayer ..will you call the cops if saw someone still water from someone else yard? I think NOT

Probably not for STEALING water but for trespassing...?

YES.

But they needed that trespassing for that water

So...

The ends justifies the means?

Theft
&
Trespassing

Yup...
Certainly some in the OWS crowd go to any length to justify some members actions no matter how wrong they are and people question why some question their apparent privileged behavior.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

There are a lot of houses...all they had to do was knock at a few doors and ASK until someone let them fill their bottles!

a) In rich white suburban neighborhoods, no one would have given them water even if they had asked. don't live in a fantasy world.
b) This wasn't a house, it was an apartment complex, somewhere in the downtown area, and the water tap does not sound like it was marked as private property and it also sounds like it was somewhere easily accessible from public area, ie the street. First, no way for them to really ask, but second, why would they have, if they had seen the tap on the sidewalk and assumed it was a public tap? A bad assumption on their part, but understandable, and clears up the entire situation, which the OP has not done.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend

The op does, which is why he was vague and painted himself up as some kind of hero. All I've read in this thread is, "I'm greedy and I'm right!" Get some values.

You sound like you believe in TAKING what you want when you feel desperate...that is scary behavior. Usually lands people in jail.
A smart and reasonable person can get anything they need without stealing or violence.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
The person who started this thread was not intolerant to these peoples needs. He was just upset about the trespassing!!!!!!!!!

There are laws of the universe that need to be adhered to. Have you ever heard of do not trespass? Has someone ever trespassed on you? How did it feel? Did someone ever get in your face or your personal space? How did that feel?

You need permission before entering personal space or encroaching on someones property. This is something your parents should have taught you or now(sad to say) the government should have taught you(since they think they know everything). Or maybe they just don't give a rats blankety blank.

Anyway, I would have given them as much water as they could have carried, if they had asked. I would even help them carry more and supplied them with more jugs on asking.

Gratitude to the universe is another important law. But we will discuss that one later.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Therian

You could have just taken my stance and saved yourself 10 minutes of typing.

Which is:

OP is full of crap and just wanted attention and a hot topic, I'll believe this ridiculous story when I have a video.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Sounds to me like the OP is just sour grapes and has no life.
I can imaginme building super is a real exciting and challenging occupation....
Id bet the tenants are the payees as well for the water.....through rents.
The point you made that you were not in the residence when the two scruffs arrived precludes their asking you for it.
You were out.
I wonder if you even were civil with them before they said buzz off.....
Perhaps YOU came on a bit officious towards them and got them riled.
The water may not have even been for their consumption they may have been getting it for women or children at the protest, if they were even protestors to begin with.
You make the point that theft is theft. but there are degrees of that, and water is hardly something to get uptight about in ten gallon quantities.
Specially when you can always turn off the tap from inside thus ending the whole thing instead of calling the cops to intervene and costing even more dollars of others money than your own/We dont appreciate you wasting LEOs time and resouces on something a mere flick of an indoor tap could fix permanently
Grow a pair of hairy ones and handle yer own troubles if its that simple.
There is really a lot of other stuff far more important going on, but perhaps not in your life........?

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join