It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

My personal details are not your business.
Sorry.

I'm sorry. I was a believer in your story until this line. Saying "it was my house" does not give us your coordinates or reveal any...well...revealing...facts about you.

Now I feel you are just making it up. If you aren't, fine and I apologize, but I highly doubt it since you can't simply state if it was your place or not.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Well it seems just like water does, ATS IQ has gone down the drain

link   

Originally posted by xavi1000

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Sure..let's talk about facts.

The occupiers trespassed...FACT.

The occupiers stole...FACT.

So ..lets hang them for two bottles of water !!

Right...because that's what I said

Should we allow the protestors to break the law because they are "for the people"???

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

The occupiers stole something, to keep them alive, FACT.

They likely had no other recourse for getting that resource, FACT.

You would deny someone, something that may keep them alive, because they were stealing it? What does that say about your fundamentals? Stealing > life?

I'm not sure the 1% statement is acceptable. What they are against is everywhere.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It doesn't matter how much they stole, or what they stole was worth, the fact is still it was stealing. Can I come wash my car by your house cause I don't want to use my water?

They would have been given the water if they had asked, they didn't ask, and when confronted they came back with eff you, I woulda been mad too!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Who is denying them anything??
If they would have asked...it might not have been like this.
Stealing is stealing.

link   
Oh I get it, a few people do something illegal so the whole movement deserves your derision, right?

link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
It isnt OP property ..it's someone else and he is whining about two bottles of water alegedly "stealed " from someone else

So....

Stealing and Trespassing is ok as long as it's not YOURS or HIS property?
Oh brother do all OWS supporters not see the problem here? No wonder the silent 98% have issues with the movement.

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

C'mon man dont be such a trivial bad ass..it's just a little water and is not in his yard and he called a cops .It's ridicilous ....thousands small crimes are occuring every day ...we are humans after all

link   

My problem is the sheer hypocrisy of the whole thing. OWS is supposed to be fighting for the common man and protecting him from thieving banks. Yet here we have two members of OWS stealing from the common man. Despite their claims of fighting for the 99%, it seems like they're more fighting for the .00000001%. Themselves.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by angrymomma

I don't care what you believe,thats up to you.
My PERSONAL details are none of your business.

link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

So, what's your plan, Drums?
How are you going to protect your water and make sure they ask?

You need a plan, stan.....
I'm interested to hear what it is.

link   
The OP has been deliberately vague about this situation.

First, if indeed the OP lives in a house with a tap on the outside of it, from which some "dirty" guys were stealing the water, why does the OP assume they are part of OWS? There are no houses or property in the central, downtown areas (where OWS is taking place) with taps on the outside for the OP's water to have been stolen. Therefore, he is seeing two "dirty" guys and then saying they are OWS, with no logical connection at all. And the OP knows this. The OP is trying to make a situation here which doesn't exist.

Now, to respond to the ACTUAL situation, which is two likely homeless men (who have no connection to OWS other than that they also have to reside in the streets) came onto your property and took your water. Yeah, it was a douchey move for them to come onto your property and take your water. I would have been pissed too. But you know what? If they had waltzed up to your front door and asked, "May we fill up from your tap?" you would have taken one look at how "dirty" they were and told them to get off your property. Don't kid yourself into thinking that this has anything to do with them not asking and you being righteously indignant. You would never have let them have your water if they HAD asked. You are uncomfortable about these men being "dirty" and that is the bottom line. If some kids or an old person had come to fill from your tap, even if they had been rude to you about it, you would not have called the cops no matter how angry it made you. It is because these people looked homeless and dirty that you are so indignant and it is because you are uncomfortable with the fact that "dirty" men came onto your property at all.

link   

The occupiers stole something, to keep them alive, FACT.

They likely had no other recourse for getting that resource, FACT.

For real???

You really think it was a matter of life or death?

You are acting like they were crawling up to the faucet about to die.

And god forbid they go pay for their own water *gasp*...let's not talk crazy.

link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I support the movement but may not support all of the people in it. You can't judge a whole movement based on two people. They should have asked if it was your house that you owned. I would never go up and use something that was not mine unless I was in a life or death situation.
I believe people should share but at the same time people shouldn't take from others.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Just about every Canadian city I've ever had the pleasure of visiting had public water available.
As well, I can't see any Canadian refusing water to anyone who asked.

I also know that trespassing in Canada won't likely get you shot, but may wind up with the police getting involved. How does that work in Texas, Arizona or Kansas?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Honestly Slayer ..will you call the cops if saw someone steal water from someone else yard? I think NOT
edit on 28-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

My problem is the sheer hypocrisy of the whole thing. OWS is supposed to be fighting for the common man and protecting him from thieving banks. Yet here we have two members of OWS stealing from the common man. Despite their claims of fighting for the 99%, it seems like they're more fighting for the .00000001%. Themselves.

This man gets it! He knows that 2 men stealing means the entire movement must be like this as well! /sarcasm

What is wrong with people like you? I don't even support the OWS because I believe they're protesting in all the wrong areas and they're not even close to unified on what they truly want. Go to Washington and demand the government change.

link   
reply to post by spacekc929

Its not a house,its a building that I have lived in for the past 13 years and i run it as well.
I am accountable for the money spent here and they just spent money i will have to explain if the bill gets high enough.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join