It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
LOl , i am ...cou cough, i just cant understand anymore lol, dude what a great thread you just started, its what the 5th anti ows thread in what 30 minutes lol, i guess you guys are out in force, im sorry they stole your precious water.

It's not about the water...it's about being respectful of other peoples property.

OWS seems to lack basic manners.

Water is the property of all human beings since if they don't have it, they DIE.

You can only claim legit theft when they deny you to your own right to water.

Not because you think you own all 5000 gallons and want to hold it against everyone to make yourself feel economically superior.

Like I said...you are free to go get water from any lake or river...no one is going to stop you.

But you aren't allowed to go on someones property and take their treated water that they paid for.

And like Drums said...he would of given it to them if they just ASKED.

That is what is at play here...basic manners and respect of your fellow human...we don't just take whatever we want.

Get it through your head that it isn't about the water.

SM2

link   
while I agree that water is a basic necessity,and should not be denied. I also see that if you have to pay a monthly water bill for the water usage on you're property , then by rights, any water that leaves that faucet is yours, as you pay for it. For someone to just mosey on up and start filling jugs for their own use is rude, inconsiderate, theft, and just general douche-baggery. It was stated by the OP that he would have gladly gave them water, had they simply asked, I would have done the same thing. Had they displayed that attitude towards me when confronted, no I would not have called the cops, as I do not want cops at my house unless absolutely necessary. I would have instead, informed them that all they had to do was ask, if the attitude continued, i would have removed the trespassers by force, if need be and confiscated their water jugs. It does not matter how much some one pays for that water, it matters that it was their property that the water was located on, and them being their without permission was trespassing, the taking of the water, was by definition, theft. In my mind the biggest issues here are the trespassing and the attitude. You do not trespass on someone's property then give them an attitude confronted

link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

"No they were clearly trespassing and it was on the property.
I had to shut the valve on the inside to make sure it doesn't happen again"

???????????

I think you are just full of CRAP!. If this was actually "your" property you would not be repeating that it was on "the property" instead of using "my property"....... this just does not seem right to me ......

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Were in 2011, since when did manners and politeness became such a crucial moral/ethical issue to a website that is very racist at times. (jews)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

The only place that I'm taking this, is that there seems to be an empty place where most American's hearts should be nowadays. I can honestly say that if this happened to me, I'd not be angry with them. I would probably hear their story and give them more than just water. I would also let them know that I'm a second amendment supporter in case they decided to try to take advantage of me.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
It may seem petty.
But I think these two thief's stand up exactly for what this movement is all about.
They believe that they have been treated unfairly.
Therefore they believe they are entitled to lie, cheat, steal, vandalize etc.
Good post OP. I would have taken back the water they stole and soaked them with it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It isnt OP property ..it's someone else and he is whining about two bottles of water alegedly "stealed " from someone else
edit on 28-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by caladonea
reply to post by DrumsRfun

They were on your property...you pay for the water on that property.....they did not ask you for some water....they just took it....that is stealing.
How do you know? You're making assumptions here.

I have asked the question twice now, Who's water and property was this, with no reply. I am getting the feeling that the OP does not own the alleged property nor does he/she pay the bills. As far as we know the person who does pay the water bill here did give consent. I doubt this but without clarification how do we know for sure?

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Nice to know that you consider yourself above the law.

If you want water there is plenty. River is 10km north of my location, you are free to drink from it. There is also a creek about 250m north eastish of my location, you are free to that as well.

It is all untreated so I really do recommend doing something first. However, I think you will need something a little more potent than boiling to clean it.

The stuff that comes from my tap, that I pay to have treated, is for those whom ask (and have been granted) permission.

link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by xavi1000
Lol .. Banks and Goverment are robbing you every day and you whining about some little water

Like said earlier water is a hidden tax.

This is probably one of the most important issues we in society need to deal with, although get this:

Not a single politician talks about water.
There is no movement to stop this aqua-imperialism.

Nothing.

It's like the most important issue on Earth is being 99.9% ignored.

So frustrating.

This is a bit off topic isn't it?

The issue is not how we all should have the right to free water...in may places they will not even allow you to gather and store rain water on your property, it is considered city property!

But this issue here is about...should people come onto your property and take things including water. I say NO! in fact unless they are on your walk way which everyone has a legal right to use to come to your door...they have no right to be on your property at all. if this were not the case think what it would be like. People putting their chairs out on your lawn..like your garden so they stop for a picknic..is this really what you think is right?

link   

Originally posted by neo96
People don't pay for water per say what they are paying for is filtration and the pipe laid out to their location's. The initial outlay cost is on the city per taxes and the people pay for it.

He has ever right to be peaved trespass and property right's those people are in error not the owner.

Classic liberal mentality mine mine mine and everything else someone owns is theirs.

Dude your not wrong.
edit on 28-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

That's not true.

If taxes payed for the construction and costs, than why the hell are we paying 100$ + bills still?

Sounds like someone is getting rich while we have to get life's necessity.

Water is almost always a private corporate enterprise these days.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
Wow! So much bickering.
1. Sure, they should've asked.
2. The protesters aren't going away any time soon.

Considering these two facts, you need to stop whining about it and come up with a solution.

I suggest turning off the spicket and placing a sign on it that simply states: Please knock on door if you need the water for drinking purposes only. One pint per person. Thank you!

I mean, what else are you going to do?
Stand by and guard your spicket with a shotgun?

How about this, people needing water ask for some? The mere asking for some keeps everybody civil.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Water is a city resource not a corporation and they have to pay for reservoirs and dams and other things.

Cost depend's on geographic location and population.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

My personal details are not your business.
Sorry.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just like a good politician you side step the facts, pass the buck, and fall back on fundamentals, because fundamentals are predictable and easy to win a debate with. When you start talking about facts, you start talking about something that may actually prove something. Fundamentals are pointless unless you acknowledge all the facts.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
This is just getting ridiculous. It really does seem like at this point in time OWS has done more to hurt the 99% than help them. So far none of their goals have been achieved and we have had reports of rape, defecation, and stealing. I know that these cases don't represent all of OWS, but the more reports like these we get it seems like these kinds of people make up a significant percentage of the whole.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by fnpmitchreturns

My personal details are not your business.
Sorry.

You call the cops for stealing water which was not yours ?

edit on 28-10-2011 by xavi1000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Hey guys I am going to start a protest against 'OWS'! I am hoping to be sponsored by banks and big corporations, anybody want to join my club? I need a cool name, suggestions?!? I promise not to steal your water or loiter in your parks!!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

Just like a good politician you side step the facts, pass the buck, and fall back on fundamentals, because fundamentals are predictable and easy to win a debate with. When you start talking about facts, you start talking about something that may actually prove something. Fundamentals are pointless unless you acknowledge all the facts.

Sure..let's talk about facts.

The occupiers trespassed...FACT.

The occupiers stole...FACT.

Now let's see yours.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Sure..let's talk about facts.

The occupiers trespassed...FACT.

The occupiers stole...FACT.

So ..lets hang them for two bottles of water !!

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join