Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 5
60
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Has everyone forgot that water is plentiful in america?


It's a damn shame that the poster is from Canada.




posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by Jordan River
 


I am Canadian.


You got water in canada!
come on now, this is hella trollin thread

walk up and get some water at a business, a bank, a laundry place. take a sip out a facuet
edit on 28-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by orbitbaby
 


How about the ass hole making you pay for the most abundant resource on earth?


You are free to go drink out of any lake or river that you wish.

But treating water kind of costs some money...how dare they make us pay pennies for clean treated water


Wrong.

Some locations don't have rivers or lakes within hundreds of miles.

So people who live in the desert have no right to water and should just die? Yeah, I figured you of all folks would take that position.

You really should consider actually loving your fellow man for once instead of the consistent selfish hatred you rely upon.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


We are not kids anymore Muzzle and I remember those days too....with age comes responsibility.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher
 


Treating water is even cheaper than what we pay for it. Paying for water is just another hidden tax.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by muzzleflash
 


We are not kids anymore Muzzle and I remember those days too....with age comes responsibility.



I agree they should have asked you, I would have asked and offered a dollar or two to cover the bill.

But that's me, I'm a cool guy usually.

However I really do think we need to solve this water issue asap.
Get water out of the corporate grip and put it where it belongs, in the public works projects.

Nothing pisses me off more than being charged $ for water.
I was paying 300 $ a month for it, and I barely even used it.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 


Who are you trying to kid here? You know good and well that if you had no means to get water, you'd go steal some.

They probably did ask the first 20 people that said no, so they did exactly what you would do, and stole some.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   


Oh brother...

When I first read the OP I was about to post a face palm {How ridiculous} but, the more I thought about it the more I see the OPs point. He/they are paying for it. {So, it was theft} It's His/their property. {So they did Trespass} He/they did say if they would have {If asked} He/They would have given freely {Generosity/Charity}

Some respect people.
It does go a long way.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Lol .. Banks and Goverment are robbing you every day and you whining about some little water



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
The problem is not sharing water, it's the people's attitude, " so what the other guy has to pay for it I'll just take it", knowing darn well this wouldn't sit well with them if it were the other way around. People too proud to ask somebody for water, it's easier to take it at their expense?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by DrumsRfun
 


Who are you trying to kid here? You know good and well that if you had no means to get water, you'd go steal some.


Humans will KILL for water.
KILL!

And thats ok because it's human nature and you would have to be insane to just lay there and die without trying to at least find water...



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow! So much bickering.
1. Sure, they should've asked.
2. The protesters aren't going away any time soon.

Considering these two facts, you need to stop whining about it and come up with a solution.

I suggest turning off the spicket and placing a sign on it that simply states: Please knock on door if you need the water for drinking purposes only. One pint per person. Thank you!

I mean, what else are you going to do?
Stand by and guard your spicket with a shotgun?



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chai_An

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Chai_An
Taking what's not yours is called stealing.


Water is a necessity for life to exist.

Therefore water cannot be stolen UNLESS it denies another human to their right to drink water.

Only at this point is it actually stealing.


Yes water is a necessity but if you are taking from someone's faucet without their permission is stealing.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)


Also I don't think anyone has mentioned this, do you all realize if people come on your property and get hurt your home owners insurance has to pay. Having groups of people on your property even with permission is not good. we once allowed people to pick apples from a tree on our place not realizing a fall from the ladder could cause a law suit.
It happens all the time.
So even if people asked for the water you should fill it for them and take it to the curb and not let strangers run around on your property.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I dont know what to think about this whole occupy movement. I understand the anger but most of these people dont seem to the sick and broken down people OWS wants to paint them as. It looks like to me they are a bunch of college students who came from rich families and for some have this hard on for social justice when they have little idea how the world works. There also seems to be a lot of people who are just career protestors who think that everything should be given too you. Then there is a little bit of the common man who just wants to be able to put food on his table and make an honest living. I understand the whole movement....I mean yea corporate America is exceedingly greedy and I have tons of student loans to pay off but seems like alot of complaining to me. So I suppose Ill go down and check out some of the protests tm and see if my gut feeling is rights.

I dunno I'd like to think there is more to this whole thing than I am seeing here on ATS (thats why I am going down to check it out...first free weekend I have had since this all started) but it really just seems like a bunch of people with this sense of entitlement. A lot of the comments here are like yea so what its stealing they where thirsty....or yea but the gov't steals more from you. That is the flimsiest logic ever.....If I walked around stealing from peoples tents at OWS would they just chalk it up to me being less of a thief than Wall Street and Washington. Point is this guy works to pay his water bill and even if it costs him .05 people have no right to take it from him



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
Wrong.

Some locations don't have rivers or lakes within hundreds of miles.

So people who live in the desert have no right to water and should just die? Yeah, I figured you of all folks would take that position.

You really should consider actually loving your fellow man for once instead of the consistent selfish hatred you rely upon.


Get real. If this was at my house and they asked politely, I'd help them fill their jugs. These jerks didn't ask and then when asked what they were doing had the audacity to make a smartassed remark.

The issue here isn't the water, or the cost of the water, it is these jerks belief that if they want something they have the right to just take it.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Originally posted by GodefroydeBouillon
LOl , i am ...cou cough, i just cant understand anymore lol, dude what a great thread you just started, its what the 5th anti ows thread in what 30 minutes lol, i guess you guys are out in force, im sorry they stole your precious water.


It's not about the water...it's about being respectful of other peoples property.

OWS seems to lack basic manners.


Water is the property of all human beings since if they don't have it, they DIE.

You can only claim legit theft when they deny you to your own right to water.

Not because you think you own all 5000 gallons and want to hold it against everyone to make yourself feel economically superior.


How about that bottle of perrier down at the 7-11muzzleflash? Should you be denied it because you don't have$1.29 or whatever it costs nowadays?you also DIE without food andshelter!
Oh;wait... I see where you are going with this!
edit on 28-10-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Lol .. Banks and Goverment are robbing you every day and you whining about some little water


Like said earlier water is a hidden tax.

This is probably one of the most important issues we in society need to deal with, although get this:

Not a single politician talks about water.
There is no movement to stop this aqua-imperialism.

Nothing.

It's like the most important issue on Earth is being 99.9% ignored.

So frustrating.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Char-Lee

Originally posted by Chai_An

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Chai_An
Taking what's not yours is called stealing.


Water is a necessity for life to exist.

Therefore water cannot be stolen UNLESS it denies another human to their right to drink water.

Only at this point is it actually stealing.


Yes water is a necessity but if you are taking from someone's faucet without their permission is stealing.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Chai_An because: (no reason given)


Also I don't think anyone has mentioned this, do you all realize if people come on your property and get hurt your home owners insurance has to pay. Having groups of people on your property even with permission is not good. we once allowed people to pick apples from a tree on our place not realizing a fall from the ladder could cause a law suit.
It happens all the time.
So even if people asked for the water you should fill it for them and take it to the curb and not let strangers run around on your property.


Very good point.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE


How about that bottle of perrier down at the 7-11muzzleflash? Should you be denied it because you don't have$1.29 or whatever it costs nowadays?you also die without food andshelter! Oh I see where you are going with this!


Well actually nomads lived out in the open with just tents for millennia.

Also, there are plenty of examples of humans 'fasting' without food for extremely long periods of time.

Water is the one thing that is always needed.

Don't turn this into Communism, I have a thousand arguments against that crap.
This is about Human Decency and accepting Human Nature.



posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
People don't pay for water per say what they are paying for is filtration and the pipe laid out to their location's. The initial outlay cost is on the city per taxes and the people pay for it.

He has ever right to be peaved trespass and property right's those people are in error not the owner.

Classic liberal mentality mine mine mine and everything else someone owns is theirs.

Dude your not wrong.
edit on 28-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)





top topics
 
60
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

log in

join