It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by sigung86

Fine... Maybe, and I'm just saying maybe... You have turned me off completely to a movement that is so unclear that even it's defender don't know what to defend, and it's carriers don't know which direction or which way to carry it onward. AND it's members can will me to not be a part of the 99%, just because they didn't like that I would like for you to pay for what you take from me, with money, work, or intention. That's kind of the way it works in our world.

Isn't that what the government does?..take and take so they can fund their wars, their defense budget..isn't that what bankers have done?.. manipulating the needs and naivety of people so they could keep taking and taking with ridiculous amounts of interest?

You seem to be harping about a few obviously down and out sorts.. for a few bottles of water, and using them as an example of people who take and take?

I don't get how you can't see who are really the 'takers" in this world ,and how they have"taken' from those who have little..to satisfy their own goals.

edit on 29-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

those of us with our own water...

entitled much
next it'll be our air...

thanks for so kindly proving my point

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Fine... Maybe, and I'm just saying maybe... You have turned me off completely to a movement that is so unclear that even it's defender don't know what to defend, and it's carriers don't know which direction or which way to carry it onward. AND it's members can will me to not be a part of the 99%, just because they didn't like that I would like for you to pay for what you take from me, with money, work, or intention. That's kind of the way it works in our world.

Isn't that what the government does?..take and take so they can fund their wars, their defense budget..isn't that what bankers have done?.. manipulating the needs and naivety of people so they could keep taking and taking with ridiculous amounts of interest?

You seem to be harping about a few obviously down and out sorts.. for a few bottles of water, and using them as an example of people who take and take?

I don't get how you can't see who are really the 'takers" in this world ,and how they have"taken' from those who have little..to satisfy their own goals.

edit on 29-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

So, based on your version, or perhaps vision, of right versus wrong, I then turn around and let two sides take from me as I am only a small part of the 99% that everyone is raging about in the middle???? Maybe not...

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

Originally posted by wirehead

Originally posted by mileysubet
The reason I would appreciate them asking is the simple fact that; I pay for the water and the land (no matter the size) belongs to me.

Do you want people coming into your house and taking what ever they want? Reading your post, it sounds as if you would support it.

Huge difference between someone using your outdoor tap and someone barging into your house and "taking whatever they want." The only reason you'd conflate the two is if you're trying to cram everything into an overly simplistic, black-and-white viewpoint.

That's what the fossil fuels industry says when it plants a well on a farmers property and he has no say in the matter. The only reason you fail to see the implications of it would be that you don't respect the rights of the property owner.

.....And there's a huge difference between someone using your outdoor water tap, and a multinational corporation installing a gigantic oil well on your property. The only reason you'd conflate the two is if you're trying to cram everything into an overly simplistic, black-and-white viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaughterOfARevolver
reply to post by DrumsRfun
[more

all a bunch of kids who grew up wealthy...never went hungry...never had hand me down toys, or goodwill clothes and now mommy and daddy are paying for collage and this is what they do...that's what I've been See'in a lot of in the New England area...

at least an ATS occupy would be smart enough to boil-iodine treat their water...we have morals here.

The fact that student debt in the country now outpaces credit card debt (the previous #1) exactly means that nobody is paying for these kids' college. Your stereotype falls flat. You're clearly speaking about people you don't know and have never met.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by DerepentLEstranger

those of us with our own water...

entitled much
next it'll be our air...

thanks for so kindly proving my point

What point is that? I don't think I understand your aversion to my thoughts. If I have put myself from day one, through everything that is basically called life, to get to where I am, to have what I have obtained, and have procured the right to live my life as I feel and see to do so... Why can't I? I don't want to freely give it all to you because you want or supposedly need it? How stupid is that?

You are out at a demostration of OWS folks for a week or two, and made absolutely no plans to survive, other than to live off of me and my neighbors? And that from mainly trying to pop me with some high moral material? Ummm.... Probably not.

And yes, as Billy Jack as you may feel, if I have fulfilled all requirements both morally and legally to have property, own property and maintain that property, I don't believe I understand how you can be nasty about me maintaining the rights to make my decisions about my "stuff". Unless you are really into some kind of communal mentality that means that you have absolutely no issue with taking material away from me that I have desired, planned for, worked for, made sacrifices for, just so you can prove some kind of self made, unclear point about why I want your air.

Frankly, you, like so many other want to be saviors of mankind (at least that's how you present yourself on this thread) are way over-dramatizing. Why would I want to take away your right to breath?

Seriously, I don't understand why your knickers are in a twist. I didn't really indicate that I wouldn't share my water or even food with someone down on their luck... Matter of fact I do it quite often, and folks don't even have to ask. Two weeks ago I drove 120 miles round trip to pick up a fellow who needed a ride. I picked him up, took him where he needed to go, dropped him there, bought him some smokes so he could be where he was in his model of comfort. He didn't even know I was coming until I had been there done the deed and was about gone.

However a couple of issues. If you ask I will give freely and without limits within human reason. If you take, you will not like my response. If you continue to believe that I owe you continued support in light of your inability or non-desire to find your own sources, you are really mistaken.

Essentially, you wanna drink? Come on by. You can't tell, I might put some Jack in it if that is your desire... Don't come up and attempt to take my water and Jack without my consent... That is theft, and I don't have to be or probably wouldn't even want to be nice to you.

If you still hate me, feel free to go ahead. However don't be so damned stupid as to think that you can judge me or anyone else, and make even a half way intelligent response to anyone based on a few lines typed in on a forum.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
your land
your water
your air [eventually]
YOURS YOURS YOURS

these things do not belong to you or any body else for that manner

that is my point which i believe you are intentionally ignoring in order to go off on a tangent

keep thinking you are a lord over all creation

oh and i don't want anything from you

you have nothing i want

not to mention the fact that serfs do not own anything

you do seem to be overly generous, when it comes to slapping labels on people.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

your land
your water
your air [eventually]
YOURS YOURS YOURS

that is my point which i believe you are intentionally ignoring in order to go off on a tangent

you have nothing i want

Ok now I am also lost in this conversation here. If the poster stated they purchased the land and pay the water bill how is it not theirs? As an outside observer in this dispute you clearly are grabbing at straws or think that they are not entitled to the stuff that they have worked for. End of subject. You can argue all day long on how everything in life should be free but thats not the reality we live in now is it? Just another case of someone wanting to argue with the hypothetical theory that doesn't fit the current situation. It's a pretty sad day when people are telling other people that the things they worked all their life for are not theirs, not the world I want to live in thats for sure.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

your land
your water
your air [eventually]
YOURS YOURS YOURS

you have nothing i want

Don't be angry because I don't want to play your game... Remember what I said?

If you still hate me, feel free to go ahead. However don't be so damned stupid as to think that you can judge me or anyone else, and make even a half way intelligent response to anyone based on a few lines typed in on a forum.

edit on 29-10-2011 by sigung86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
For the love of all that's good, a few random people stole some guys water.

That's it.

They could have been construction workers.
They could have been bums on the street.
They could have been space aliens.

But in this case:

It was those evil OWS people. No, not Average Americans, but Anti-capitalist, dirty, drug addicted hippies defecating all over the place.

-Protesting corruption is not a nefarious agenda.
-Protesting corruption is not left nor right based.

I would recommend freeing yourselves from the left/right paradigm, then make an informed decision on what makes sense, and what just doesn't.

It's not the point it was "just water". I get that. it's the attitude and reaction of the protesters when confronted on it. Rather than saying, "My bad, I'm sorry." they got confrontational. That's not the type of people I'd care to associate with, and telling the guy to "f-off" only shows the class associated with this group. I never heard ANY of this with the Tea Party, who were subsequently protesting corruption!!!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

your land
your water
your air [eventually]
YOURS YOURS YOURS

you have nothing i want

Ok now I am also lost in this conversation here. If the poster stated they purchased the land and pay the water bill how is it not theirs? As an outside observer in this dispute you clearly are grabbing at straws or think that they are not entitled to the stuff that they have worked for. End of subject. You can argue all day long on how everything in life should be free but thats not the reality we live in now is it? Just another case of someone wanting to argue with the hypothetical theory that doesn't fit the current situation. It's a pretty sad day when people are telling other people that the things they worked all their life for are not theirs, not the world I want to live in thats for sure.

Thank you Jaynkeel. I probably used to think a bit like him when I was in my 20s, or would have if I hadn't been busy ducking and running in certain Asian places. I did 12 years in the military... Spent time making myself an educated man. Ended with a BA in business (not major, but good enough for me). Worked a number of high profile jobs because I had the capability.

Nineteen years ago, I met a wonderful women, we ended up in the only house I've ever owned with her wonderful children. I'm now a Grandpa. I have a really great house that looks out on really beautiful woods. We worked our butts off to own it.

I am 63 years old this month. I had to retire when I hit 62 because there were no jobs available. That's not something I'm proud of, but there it is.

I don't feel that with everything I've put into this, effort, time, sacrifice and such that I want to give it away to some melodramatic fellow with visions of being a cross between Jesus and Billy Jack.

Thanks for your support, and please feel free to yell, should you ever need mine.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
So many people yelling at the OP, saying things like "it's just water" or "oh wow, it cost you $1.25." That is not the point. The point is he owns the house and he pays for the water. It is his. The protesters trespassed on his property and stole what was his. The fact that it is not expensive does not matter. They stole it. All they had to do was ask.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by jaynkeel

ever heard of eminent domain?
look into that

here is a recent example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

do you pay rent to the authoritys for the use of your home? COUGH i meant property tax.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I understand the idea behind how they think. And if the world really did work as simple as that then I am all for sharing with people as well. But the reality that many on here commenting and regurgitating the same lines over and over don't grasp is that as of right now it's not reality. I don't hate ows protesters just as I don't fully blame wall street. It takes two to tango and we are all apart of why we are in the situation we are in. And people need to own up to that fact instead of continual blame on the other person(s).
While I am not as old as you, or shall I say experienced in life. I am about 25 yrs less experience. But I know myself I have worked damn hard for everything I own and have come close to losing it all several times. So it's good to know there are still people out there that have basic values in life and a good work ethic even if the going does get tough. And I will say it again I think the problem we are seeing nowdays is that many people have never had the chance to actually own things in life like a house so they don't know how pride and struggling can be a strong point. I guess I am just sick of the gimme gimme gimmme attitude in general thats springing up everywhere. and I will close by saying I am far from the 1%, I am more like a hundredaire. And my bank account is usually closer to empty than full.
Take care.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

reply to post by jaynkeel

ever heard of eminent domain?
look into that

here is a recent example: www.abovetopsecret.com...

do you pay rent to the authoritys for the use of your home? COUGH i meant property tax.

Again grabbing at straws. Has nothing to do with the situation at hand. Sure it happens and no I don't support it. My property taxes go twords paying for my kids to go to school, upkeep on my roads, garbage collection, and general city funds. Not sure if you rent but in case you do you are paying into the same through your rent $$. Unless your landlord is lousy at math it's included in there and your just as guilty as the next person.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
What are people not getting here. Theft is theft. It doesn't matter if I rob a bank for £1 or £1,000,000. It is still a robbery. Just as is trespass.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
So many people yelling at the OP, saying things like "it's just water" or "oh wow, it cost you $1.25." That is not the point. The point is he owns the house and he pays for the water. It is his. The protesters trespassed on his property and stole what was his. The fact that it is not expensive does not matter. They stole it. All they had to do was ask.

It didn't even cost 1.95...and it wasn't HIS home..

It was the side tap leading to an alley on an apartment complex of some kind.. making it a little more difficult to think where would they find the person in charge.

It still doesn't make it right, but it makes it a little more understandable...considering there were thirsty protestors milling around.

But.. I guess that has nothing to do with the point.. according to the Op.. they took without asking..therefore he has labelled all demonstrators selfish and self entitled scum.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

and you persist in labeling and classifying others,
no wonder OWS has you scared
you can't neatly fit them in a box

oh and i'm 44, self employed computer repairman, live in my own home which my grandma sweated and slaved for in order to pay off and i will put down anyone that tries to take it away. not because it's mine, but because i do not acknowledge it being anyone else's especially not the gov's.

see that menu labeled member under my avatar?
if you hover your cursor over it you'll see links to my profile posts threads etc.

just so you are able to know where i'm coming from, old timer

and not delude yourself re your being hated as a member of the "establishment", man

hate you i feel sorry for you not now but i can imagine how terrible it's going to be when you lose your illusions,thanks to a little thing called empathy.

and i used to be like you, up till the age of 7, with a brief lapse during high school/college [Mathematics]

i do agree that the F-off was uncalled for but calling the cops,who have assured the OP that "they won't be anymore trouble", an ominous statement, indeed; was definitely a textbook case of authoritarianism in action.

maybe they needed that water to get the pepper spray out of their eyes or that of somebody else, hmmm?

and maybe OP came on with a haughty demeanor which would prompt an F-U from ANY self respecting human

bye now

i won't star and flag this thread or bump it anymore now, toodles

you may all continue to self congratulate yourselves with your "i've got mine!" circle-jerk unmolested.
edit on 29-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: (no reason given)

reply to post by gabby2011

dude[ette] don't waste your time just feel sorry for them when they lose everything when their masters decide to take it away, especially when they are only reading what they want to see, notice how busybody assumes [makking a donkey out of himself] that i pay rent to a landlord.

don't spare effort for those who don't care and are high on their own righteousness, save it for you and your's

edit on 29-10-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: reply to gabby2011

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

I will miss you on the thread..

Yet I think its time for me to say goodbye as well..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Not sure if you rent but in case you do you are paying into the same through your rent $$. Unless your landlord is lousy at math it's included in there and your just as guilty as the next person.

Either it's reading or comprehension isn't your strong point not sure which? Or you just like to stretch the truth until it fits your ideal. Thats verbatim what I wrote there argue the truth.

new topics

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40 >>

join