It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 36
<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrUncreated
If they trespassed, why didn't you just shoot them? That's the American way.
Even in states where it's legal to shoot trespassers, like Louisiana, cops tell you that you are best off to have that body inside the house, not merely on the property.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Evolutionsend
reply to post by DrumsRfun

You go get your $1.25 back man! You're absolutely right, those arrogant little punks stole maybe just over a dollar from you. Wtf is that? A whole dollar! If this was the 60s that dollar would've been worth twenty of today's dollars. Right now it's like 3 cents per dollar.
Tell them you demand your payment in silver! One silver dollar, NOW!

The point is greed. You drew a line in the sand and said, "MY SAND!" Are you surprised that they told you to go to hell?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

People with attitudes such as yours are the problem.
It's not about the monitary amount, it is about people taking with out asking.

Exactly right .. I support OWS completely, I'm not the 1% .. but nobody should ever take from another person without permission.. this is called a courtesy..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by L00kingGlass
THERE IS NO OPPOSITION.

That's exactly why I wont commit to complete support for the OWS crowd. They blatantly erroneously believe they represent the 99% when in fact they're a small minority that alienates the real silent 98% of us who would otherwise join their minority group against the 1%

Think about it.
I keep telling people that they're so small that their job is to seduce, right now, and people don't get it or plain stick to their guns about being prickly.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
My water bill is 40$ a month..

no matter what i use..

If i could give OWS or any protesters water...

I would..

who is this cheap azz water depriving OP think he is fooling?

Is it so hard on you to help a fellow man or woman in need?

welcome to AmeriKa..OP...

yes..i read your Post..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.

This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)
I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing"
He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

I say "there is alot of support for this movement...if you just would have asked it would have been fine"
The fact they might have been doing this under my nose for the last 2 weeks really pisses me off.

He tells me to "ef off" and tells me to "call the police"
So I did.
The cops showed up and knew who they were right away.
They told me these guys have a sense of self-entitlement and are arrogant.
They were also really nice (this is for all you cop bashers out there)
They called me back and told me it was dealt with and they will not be returning.
I thanked them and told them to have a good day and that I appreciated it.

This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
I support the homeless (I give them money when I can) and up until this point i supported the occupy movement (in a small way)

Now...I just see these people as self-entitled,arrogant little ##snip##.

edit on Fri Oct 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Basically your militant, tree hugging arseholes.. They will turn up at any kind of demonstration just because they have # all better to do. They choose to live outside of the honest, working 9 to 5'ers universe, and doss about talking anarchy, or anything else that goes against the "establishment", while circle jerking around the social benefit's office and getting yet another hole pierced somewhere ! A decent job or a wash would kill em !!

~Wolf

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

That's what's wrong with your kind...you're ignorant. People aren't being "charged for the most abundant resource on Earth", you troll...people are being charged for that resource to be delivered 24/7, in a clean, safe form.

It's a luxury that has only been available to only a few people in the past, but in America, it's almost free.

Of course, your kind is so spoiled and clueless, that you don't even recognize what you are being given.

Your kind also has no respect for yourselves, or anyone else. That is the point of this post. It isn't the cost of what was taken, it is that it was taken with arrogance, like all fascists, that is the affront, and yes, it is indicitive of OWS.

Yes, you are the problem.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Either your water is extremely expensive or you are just a tight person without an ounce of humanity left in you.

Its water...a cubic meter of water in the UK costs about 50p...thats 264.4 US gallons (1 ton of water)

If they had a tanker pulled up then yea...fair enough...complain. But a few bottles....pfffft whats wrong with you???

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Am I right in thinking that these occupiers were drawing water from a hydrant in your street? If so would you apply the same sense of outrage if your local fire department were to connect their hoses and "steal" "your" water?
Just a thought!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead

Originally posted by mileysubet
The reason I would appreciate them asking is the simple fact that; I pay for the water and the land (no matter the size) belongs to me.

Do you want people coming into your house and taking what ever they want? Reading your post, it sounds as if you would support it.

Huge difference between someone using your outdoor tap and someone barging into your house and "taking whatever they want." The only reason you'd conflate the two is if you're trying to cram everything into an overly simplistic, black-and-white viewpoint.

That's what the fossil fuels industry says when it plants a well on a farmers property and he has no say in the matter. The only reason you fail to see the implications of it would be that you don't respect the rights of the property owner.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

OMG ..So all OWS are dirtyish thieves??

Wow, thanks for informing me!

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
If it bugs you that much, turn off the supply valve inside the house that controls that outside valve.

Those that took the water without permission were in the wrong. That they told you to f... off would make anyone angry. So go turn off that valve.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by baddmove
My water bill is 40$ a month..

no matter what i use..

If i could give OWS or any protesters water...

I would..

who is this cheap azz water depriving OP think he is fooling?

Is it so hard on you to help a fellow man or woman in need?

welcome to AmeriKa..OP...

yes..i read your Post..

Not everyone has cheap water, remember the fees are different across the country and sometimes across the county. As an example my water bill is around $140 per month, and we don't have a swimming pool or anything else like that. Just an average house and average family. But it's the sewer and treatment taxes that kill us here.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

If you changed your mind about the movement because a couple of known assclowns stole a couple gallons of water you must be incensed over the trillions of dollars stolen from our country over the last 10 years.

You are probably right tho, all the protesters are the same and they will steal water from hard working people like yourself. Be glad you still have a job to pay that water bill.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

If it is on my property, it will be your last drink.
edit on 29-10-2011 by LoverBoy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.
[whiny rant redacted]
This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
I support the homeless (I give them money when I can) and up until this point i supported the occupy movement (in a small way)

Now...I just see these people as self-entitled,arrogant little ##snip##.

edit on Fri Oct 28 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

Now you have an excuse, why are you complaining here about it? Do you need support from people who think the same way? What I see is a situation where a couple of bad apples are being used as an excuse for, oh I don't know, maybe going against your inner voice? Or, maybe an excuse to agitate for a negative story to be heard.

You tipped your hand when you said you supported OWS in a small way. No one who supports that movement does so in a small way, because the issues they are bringing up are SO BIG. So obviously, you're an astroturfer who's been trained to "sound fair and balanced", who is doing his job. I can respect that. You should keep wishy-washy statements out of your material if it's there ONLY for the sake of sounding fair.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
[more

all a bunch of kids who grew up wealthy...never went hungry...never had hand me down toys, or goodwill clothes and now mommy and daddy are paying for collage and this is what they do...that's what I've been See'in a lot of in the New England area...

at least an ATS occupy would be smart enough to boil-iodine treat their water...we have morals here.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by onecraftydude

If you changed your mind about the movement because a couple of known assclowns stole a couple gallons of water you must be incensed over the trillions of dollars stolen from our country over the last 10 years.

You are probably right tho, all the protesters are the same and they will steal water from hard working people like yourself. Be glad you still have a job to pay that water bill.

well if these two people arent..........the people on this thread who support OWS and are going to bat and condoning the thievery definitely WOULD....

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Hours later i reach the end, and i see you did not answer the many wondering minds. How did you know they are occupy protesters? You comment on drinking old water and thought it was gross, funny because water really never goes away, it just changes form.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
everything on the planet is owned.

thats what it comes down to. ownership.

(btw op you believe yourself to be older now and to be more responsible. you state we are not kids anymore. i can tell you everyone on this planet is a child. i have seen this with my own eyes. trust me.)

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

sigh

you are paying for water treatment , and waste management , not " water "

top topics

<< 33  34  35    37  38  39 >>

join