It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 33
<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalDrivel

Did I read this right? You installed shutoff valves in your church so that people couldn't get water from the outdoor taps?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by wirehead
reply to post by jaynkeel

This is exactly why anecdotal stories are worthless for forming opinions!
~*an ATS learning moment*~
edit on 28-10-2011 by wirehead because: added snarkiness

For me it's more on how people react and what they support than the stories. If I see a bunch of people saying they fully support something then say that they also support taking things that are not theirs no matter how insignificant and they all belong to the same group. That kinda lets me know what I need to know and it seems to be a majority of the same people / same philosophy.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I guess it just comes down to how the "victim" reacts.
I wouldn't have gotten as angry as the Op seemed.
I'd have walked up and asked them to leave once they filled up and to knock next time they needed some water. I'd have then shut the spigot off and continued on with my day.
Like I said earlier, if this was the third time I caught people accessing the tap, I'd be fuming, but this being the first time, chalk it up as a learning experience and solve the problem. I certainly wouldn't be whining and complaining to anyone and everyone who would listen.
My health and blood pressure are more important than a few gallons of my water supply.
edit on 28-10-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Resinveins
All this over what is probably 10 cents worth of water. WTF? I'll send ya a damn quarter if ya want?

Yes dude taking without asking is wrong. We all get the principle. Now how bout you try to wrap your head around the idea of having some sense of perspective?

And actually no.. I take it back.. I won't send you a quarter. I'll send you pennies instead.. as a tribute to your pettiness. Special pennies at that.

You are an example of what is wrong with OWS. Personal property has no significance to you. He even said if they'd asked he would've given them some damn water. But they STOLE the water. You do understand that taking what is not yours is immoral and unjust, right?

Just like taking from you against your wishes and giving to others is extortion. That what people like you and OWS are in favor of: extortion and theft. What a fine humanitarian you are.

/TOA

And you good sir, are judging an entire group of people based on two kids "stealing water". So your opinion is null and void. Good day!

Actually I base my opinions on the 50 or so different videos of interviews with OWS protestors, their own words in print, and demands made by them. They want what someone else has. That's greed. If they get it through the means they are demanding, that's extortion. People go to prison for that...well except for the government. When the government commits extortion and murder, it's called "humanitarian aid".

/TOA

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Lol your kiding me right, last week my neibhor the hunter got is shed broken in by a big ass bear, tore the door down, raided the freezer, he called the donut shop and got this as a reply, where sorry but we cant attend your house at this moment, se he asked them if he could shoot the bear in his backyard, the dispatcher said only if you have a leagal tag for hunting black bears, so he hung up, and guess what cops never showed up, and he didint take the chance to shoot the ebar, cause you know the cops might arrest him for defending is property, lol

give me a break

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Water aint what it used to be lol, getting pissed off by 2 dudes who stole is fluoride enhancent water lol, call the reserve

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Sweet mods moved it to where it should be rants lol

thank you very much lol

bah bah bah

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by wirehead

This is exactly why anecdotal stories are worthless for forming opinions!
~*an ATS learning moment*~
edit on 28-10-2011 by wirehead because: added snarkiness

For me it's more on how people react and what they support than the stories. If I see a bunch of people saying they fully support something then say that they also support taking things that are not theirs no matter how insignificant and they all belong to the same group. That kinda lets me know what I need to know and it seems to be a majority of the same people / same philosophy.

While I understand what you're saying and agree in principle, I still don't think people posting in this thread are representative of OWS or what it stands for because
A) it's ATS
and
B) the most vocal, extreme supporters aren't usually indicative of the whole.

link   

Originally posted by eriathwen

Originally posted by mileysubet
I get so angry when people just take from me without asking. I will give a person in need almost anything if only they would ask.

Hi

Why.., so you can feel like the good samaritan that gives wather to the needy?

Love and light
Sat Nam

I do not understand this type of mentality, my answer is no I do not need or want to feel like a "good Samaritan".

The reason I would appreciate them asking is the simple fact that; I pay for the water and the land (no matter the size) belongs to me.

Do you want people coming into your house and taking what ever they want? Reading your post, it sounds as if you would support it.

There really is no difference between what they did and my above question. Like I said in a earlier post in this thread: It is not about the value of what was taken, it is about taking something that is not yours to begin with without asking

link   

Originally posted by angus1745
The bottom line is you are out of order even complaining about this. To create a thread about this on ATS just illustrates the misplaced sense of justification you obviously feel. I dont care if the law is on your side, basic respect for the needs of others is lacking from you.
Difference? You have the law on your side. In this case, the 2 OWS guys did not. So respect or not, it's not the same by law.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Last one people, why has the OP had to change is tittle, and why is he not in here anymore , i guess hes on to something...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet
The reason I would appreciate them asking is the simple fact that; I pay for the water and the land (no matter the size) belongs to me.

Do you want people coming into your house and taking what ever they want? Reading your post, it sounds as if you would support it.

Huge difference between someone using your outdoor tap and someone barging into your house and "taking whatever they want." The only reason you'd conflate the two is if you're trying to cram everything into an overly simplistic, black-and-white viewpoint.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

No.. I never said it wasn't his property. And he admitted that he wasn't there when they started collecting the water. You just haven't read the OP enough times to understand that I guess.

Nothing I said "didn't work."

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I know this is kinda out there but kinda reminds me of the mentality I have seen in this thread concerning right from wrong. Enjoy!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Click here for more information.

That would be a great point, except I never said anything about outdoor tap water being more expensive than indoor tap water

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

Sorry but your story sounds completely fabricated. With the dirtyish arrogant ows'ers it just sounds like propaganda to me. Try posting in the short story forum next time.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by outandopen

What it cost like 5 cents on your water bill...lol
Still if someone told me to ef off I would be pissed too.

plug your our hose with something nasty for the next time
Fill the inside of the nozzle with icy hot.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by wirehead

I know in my house my indoor tap water costs me more than outdoor. R/O, tastes great but costs more to produce. Something like 99% pure from contaminates. Lol.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn

Sorry but your story sounds completely fabricated. With the dirtyish arrogant ows'ers it just sounds like propaganda to me. Try posting in the short story forum next time.

"This story does not confirm my beliefs about the people in OWS.... Therefore it must be fake!"

top topics

<< 30  31  32    34  35  36 >>

join