It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just caught occupiers stealing my water which we pay for.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
There's occupiers in Canada?

You say you was walking up the street when you saw them doing this? Were you walking to your house or were they getting water from someone else? You didn't clarify so I'm just asking.

I agree with other posters that they should have asked but come on, it's just water.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DrumsRfun

No they were clearly trespassing and it was on the property.
Who's property. You are being too ambiguous thus leaving too much to the imagination. Are you or are you not responsible for the water bill at that location?

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.

This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)
I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing"
He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

I say "there is alot of support for this movement...if you just would have asked it would have been fine"
The fact they might have been doing this under my nose for the last 2 weeks really pisses me off.

He tells me to "ef off" and tells me to "call the police"
So I did.
The cops showed up and knew who they were right away.
They told me these guys have a sense of self-entitlement and are arrogant.
They were also really nice (this is for all you cop bashers out there)
They called me back and told me it was dealt with and they will not be returning.
I thanked them and told them to have a good day and that I appreciated it.

This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
I support the homeless (I give them money when I can) and up until this point i supported the occupy movement (in a small way)

Now...I just see these people as self-entitled,arrogant little douchebags.

who knows the person stance. lack of money/food/water makes people cranky you never know

link   
reply to post by masqua

Exactly my point.
Thank you for "getting it"

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Wow..all over a little water..and two people..not the whole movement..

Guess you showed us what you are all about..

Casting judgement on a whole movement because of the actions of two of them is rather immature..and griping about a few bottles of water.. seems to be petty in my opinion

Movement? I thought that these Occupy groups were not a movement. I thought that they were individuals acting on their own.

You have to give their supporters on ATS credit. When it is beneficial to do so the Occupy groups are a movement, but, when the movement does something wrong, all of the sudden they are individuals.

Make up your minds, you can't have it both ways.
Me I would have pressed charges for theft and trespassing, I don't care if they were part of this "Occupy" crap or not.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I dont think the problem was the money, where were they stealing the water from?

do you store bottled water outside?
a garden hose?
was the garden hose on the front or back of your building?
is there a gate surrounding your building?

I think it would have been rather rude of them to hop your fence and potentially damage your fence, or anything else you have, you do have the right to privacy with out anyone intruding.

Maybe there is another side to this story, maybe you are right (you probably are) I would be mad if I saw someone using my garden hose to fill up a bucket with out asking, but it wouldnt be that huge of a deal, just secure it next time.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

I am sorry to hear that, not at all surprised! These people think we all owe them something, most of them are homeless or living with mommy and daddy. I would have pressed charges for theft and tresspassing. Thank you for the post, a lot of the members here keep telling me to open my eyes.......this is what I see.

link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

Well, the fact that our wonderful government make people in cities pay for it makes it stealing. It would be great if people didn't have to pay for it, but right now they do.

link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
What a bunch of self-entitled little jerks!!!!
I am NOT part of the 1%...I am just a working class guy like most.

This is what went down.
I am walking up the street and see 2 dirtyish looking guys filling 4 giant water bottles (about 3 quarters the size of a water cooler bottle)
I said "hey guys you can't be doing that...you are trespassing"
He tells me to ef off and was extremely arrogant.

I say "there is alot of support for this movement...if you just would have asked it would have been fine"
The fact they might have been doing this under my nose for the last 2 weeks really pisses me off.

He tells me to "ef off" and tells me to "call the police"
So I did.
The cops showed up and knew who they were right away.
They told me these guys have a sense of self-entitlement and are arrogant.
They were also really nice (this is for all you cop bashers out there)
They called me back and told me it was dealt with and they will not be returning.
I thanked them and told them to have a good day and that I appreciated it.

This costs money and they aren't the ones paying for it.
I support the homeless (I give them money when I can) and up until this point i supported the occupy movement (in a small way)

Now...I just see these people as self-entitled,arrogant little douchebags.

so let me get this straight.

You seem to condone people who consider all cops bad because of a few dirty ones ("for all you cop bashers out there") yet you now consider ALL of the OWS folks " self-entitled,arrogant little douchebags." because of the actions of 2 of them? 2!!!

Really?

Really...
edit on 28-10-2011 by TXRabbit because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

For those of us with wells who paid thousands to have them dug, installed our own pump to pull it up 200 feet, storage and treatment equipment that water is definitely "ours."

If my well dries up because some freeloaders stole water and my family goes without as a consequence I certainly have a right to be a bit miffed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

For those of us with wells who paid thousands to have them dug, installed our own pump to pull it up 200 feet, storage and treatment equipment that water is definitely "ours."

If my well dries up because some freeloaders stole water and my family goes without as a consequence I certainly have a right to be a bit miffed.

yeah, but this wasn't a family situation. Anyone living around a city has bare necessities. This is a good example of turn the other cheek, give the water and move on, don't complain about it to a bunch of atsers.

You know what would of been great, go to the nearest bank and drink the faucet water. wow, problem solved. also bathrooms have sinks, water, water water everywhere in america. why you bitchin?
edit on 28-10-2011 by Jordan River because: (no reason given)

link   

Drums...that sucks.

Unfortunately...I think the people that you described are not a small minority in the OWS movement.

And unfortunately...I wouldn't be surprised if they now consider you the "enemy"...because that seems to be the attitude. You are either with us or against us....I hate that mentality and I won't support it.

link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

Agreed, no one has the right to Deny You of water.

But you have no right to claim all of the water underground as your property.

There is a balance that must be found.

link   

If water is free to every one, they should just waltz on down to the nearest river or lake and drink from there.

You aren't paying for the water, you are paying for the treatment and monitoring of the water.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

Greed is also greed. I'm sorry but if you are angry over the theft of water, you need to reevaluate your morals. If you approach someone stealing water, in a negative way, you are part of the problem. My Grandpa is the greediest person in my family, and even he wouldn't have acted like that. The entitlement debate is getting old. The op is a greedy person, and I hope those protestors remember his house for when martial law is declared.

"Some dirty unwashed guys took my water, so now I hate OWS", seriously, practice what you preach and grow up.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

They were on your property...you pay for the water on that property.....they did not ask you for some water....they just took it....that is stealing.

I am understanding that if they had politely asked you...you would have given them some water.

When you approached them about using your water without your permission...they had a nasty (you owe me attitude) and also you don't know if they are going to become violent or not

So....I think you did the right thing in calling the police. Maybe you did those 2 people a favor....they may improve their behavior in the future and quit getting into trouble.

link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
Wow..all over a little water..and two people..not the whole movement..

Guess you showed us what you are all about..

Casting judgement on a whole movement because of the actions of two of them is rather immature..and griping about a few bottles of water.. seems to be petty in my opinion.
edit on 28-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

How many times are OWS supporters going to defend the "one isolated incident"???

These "isolated incidents" or this "that is just one guy" scenarios are starting to add up really fast...and it will start to define the movement.

I dislike the Tea Party...I disagree on just about everything...I honestly think racism played a factor in it growing so large....but you never heard of crap like this with their protests. So you can't just blow off these incidents and say they aren't related to the underlying philosophy of the movement. Something is attracting these people to OWS...what is it?

link   

Originally posted by peck420

If water is free to every one, they should just waltz on down to the nearest river or lake and drink from there.

You aren't paying for the water, you are paying for the treatment and monitoring of the water.

What a bunch of BS.

I choose my tax money to cover those costs.

But alas, the pro-war crowd stole my public funds and wasted them on pointless foreign excursions.

So it's not my fault the nation squandered all it's resources.

But just letting everyone here know right now. If I am ever denied water and am getting dehydrated, I will do anything to get a drink. Law or no law, gun or no gun.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

I dislike the Tea Party...I disagree on just about everything...I honestly think racism played a factor in it growing so large....but you never heard of crap like this with their protests. So you can't just blow off these incidents and say they aren't related to the underlying philosophy of the movement. Something is attracting these people to OWS...what is it?

Seriously? You dont know? Lack of jobs/money/debt Thought it was clear.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

As many times as the anti-OWS crowds defend the police farce and the thieves on wall street.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join