It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who STILL say that Occupy has no central message or complaint.......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some Central Themes of the Occupy Protesters

The Associated Press takes a close look at the numbers behind some of the Occupy Wall Street protesters' central complaints

The class system in the US since the 80's has invariably rewarded the investment class's outrageous greed and profiteering without reguard to ethics or, say, the future, immediate or long term, because they can always just use the taxpayers as an ATM because they own all the lawmakers.

Seems pretty valid. Deregulation created a corporate greed monster that would consume the whole world for profit. Perhaps the Occupy movement is the beginning of a utopian society where beer flows from the faucets and children play safely in the steets.
edit on 28-10-2011 by dashen because: more better

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by dashen

There are a few educated protesters who may have a valid argument. I think the banking industry is partially to blame for the recession, I also think people who took out extravagant mortgages for houses they couldn't afford allowing their homes to foreclose are to blame. The thing is I don't believe these protesters are going to accomplish anything, the banks and big corporations don't care if they are sitting around in parks protesting. Most of them are unemployed and living at home with their parents or homeless. If I owned a business these are not the people I would worry about. The season is changing, I predict by the end of November this 'movement' will be a memory.

join