It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC And CBS News Both Cut Away Due To Technical Difficulties At Onset Of Oakland Police Violence

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Came across this article and as I am from the U.K, I was wondering if this was indeed true?

Apparently both Broadcasters claimed that they had to cut their transmissions as both helicopters they were using needed to re-fuel at exactly the same time.

If this is true, I'd say what (un)convenient timing!!

both ABC and CBS local affiliates had helicopters providing live feeds as events unfolded in front of Oakland’s City Hall. Allegedly, both television channels cut their transmissions when the police began attacking protesters, and both said it was due to their helicopters’ needing refueling.

That’s right — both the ABC and CBS helicopters ran out of fuel at the same moment. The moment when the newsworthy events began to occur.

Due to this they were unable to broadcast the moment the Police started using Tear Gas on the peaceful Protesters or the subsequent violence that ensued.

I know the mainstream have been against the Occupy movement, but this really is another piece of evidence of how they chose to broadcast events and how their message is portrayed.

I'd would say more, but I need a bit of re-fuelling myself.

Link: www.disinfo.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Smells like a cover up. That or the 2 cameramen were in the same helicopter "car-pooling". I don't buy the latter excuse. Naturally the government owned media doesn't want people see whats really going on down there whatwith all the hype these corrupt cops have been getting with them being caught on film commiting police brutality.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
And the alternative media shames them by getting what they missed. That should show them how completely ineffective their embargo of the real news is. Granted, there are always a few jerks who will say "If I don't see it on Faux News, then it didn't happen LOL!", but they are easily enough ignored.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
georgy sums it up best!

the media is not there to help us,
only blind us.

edit on 28-10-2011 by extremesuckrpunch because: spell

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I agree it certainly seems like a cover up. Personally as I stated in the OP, I thnk this just demonstrates how controlled the MSM are.

I believe people are waking up though and how much longer they will get away with it? Who knows.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by extremesuckrpunch

Indeed he does.

George Carling what a legend!!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

I think that is what happens in metro Detroit, they "car-pool" their helicopters to save money.
So, it would be a plausible reason.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

Okay, didn't realise that. Interesting.

Probably nothing to see here then? Surprising the writer of the article didn't undertake more research.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Cobaltic1978

That's the trouble with so much of the news these days....poorly written or researched, either purposely or not, the reader cannot get a real idea of what is going on.

A comment was made on CNBC this morning, related to OWS, and the topic was quickly changed.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by extremesuckrpunch

Lol, "its called the american dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it". I would like george carlin if he didn't offend me over his blasphemies about Jesus Christ. I thought he was funny except for when he did that stuff.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
What can we expect from Govt. owned media and or thier whores that lobby for them? thanks for the thread s/f op..

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
Smells like a cover up. That or the 2 cameramen were in the same helicopter "car-pooling". I don't buy the latter excuse. Naturally the government owned media doesn't want people see whats really going on down there whatwith all the hype these corrupt cops have been getting with them being caught on film commiting police brutality.

Could it not be possible that they've completely fabricated the stories to be worse than what they are? Look at the dissent it's causing. This scenario makes a lot more sense than covering up what you're suggesting. The media has always sought to divide us with anger. What a beautiful way to ensure it continues...

top topics

join