It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tin foil hats..?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I just have one question, what is a tin foil hat used for?

I realize it has become an insult on ATS for "That" type of conspiracy theorist, but what was it for originally?
Sorry for the short thread.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by darkredfish

lololololololol

its to stop aliumz from reeding are brainz!
edit on 28-10-2011 by Gwampo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Gwampo

Actually, this poster is correct... One of the nuttier ideas in the conspiracy world is that wearing a tin foil hat would prevent the aliens from reading your mind, hence the term, to apply to more of the whack-job conspiracy element. Here at ATS though, we actually have it as an expert in the field designation, as kind of a tongue-in-cheek reference to the term. (TinWiki)....

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

One may wear the hat in the belief that it acts to shield the brain from such influences as electromagnetic fields, or against mind control and/or mind reading; or attempt to limit the transmission of voices directly into the brain.

There are some who believe that certain groups have the power to influence the brain activity through electromagnetic fields..

It is a very interesting topic.. and here are some links you may want to read..

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

there is a lot of info to read on the topic..please do take a look at some of it..

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Good info from the posters so far.

Warning: some studies have shown that tinfoil may have the opposite effect of what is desired and amplify signals. Best going with something along the lines of a variety of faraday cage if you're paranoid.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Good info from the posters so far.

Warning: some studies have shown that tinfoil may have the opposite effect of what is desired and amplify signals. Best going with something along the lines of a variety of faraday cage if you're paranoid.

Yeah, I always put tin foil on antennas to help them with reception xD

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

It's funny you asked. Yesterday hubby had a head ache. So I jokingly grabbed the foil that I had used to over a pan and molded it to his head. His headache went away.

I asked him if he was messing with me but he said he was serious. He also said it made his head feel weird.

I googled "headache tin foil hat" yesterday and other people found it worked for their head aches too...go figure and accidental cure for headaches...I can't wait to get a headache to try it out!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by outandopen

Well, thats easier than the mustard seed, pepper, ginger, and viniger contoction that i use.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Actually, this poster is correct... One of the nuttier ideas in the conspiracy world is that wearing a tin foil hat would prevent the aliens from reading your mind, hence the term, to apply to more of the whack-job conspiracy element.

?? I've never associated it with aliens..and mind reading.. I think humans are behind this technology, and have varying reasons and uses for it.

I'm a little surprised at such a pat "put down" type of answer coming from you Gazrok

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So..is this a serious question darkredfish.. or are you just trollin a bit..for the sh**s and giggles?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

So..is this a serious question darkredfish.. or are you just trollin a bit..for the sh**s and giggles?

Uhh no, I just was wondering if anyone knew what tin foil hats where for.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Did you read any of the info in some of the links I sent you?

edit on 28-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
It's exactly the same idea as Magnetos helm.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Did you read any of the info in some of the links I sent you?

edit on 28-10-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

Yes... And thats where I got my anwser to why they wore them... whats your problem lol
edit on 28-10-2011 by darkredfish because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Yes... And thats where I got my anwser to why they wore them... whats your problem lol

I don't have a problem

Was just curious if you had managed to get through some of it.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I just thought of my halloween costume, thanks for this brilliant idea.

posted on Oct, 29 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Lawrence Pinneo, a neurophysiologist and electronic engineer working for Stanford Research Institute (a leading military contractor), "developed a computer system capable of reading a person’ s mind. It correlated brain waves on an electroencephalograph with specific commands. Twenty years ago the computer responded with a dot on a TV screen. Nowadays it could be the input to a stimulator (ESB) in advanced stages using radio frequencies" [8]

Additional studies conducted by Dr. Ewen Cameron, and funded by the CIA, were directed towards erasing memory and imposing new personalities on unwilling patients. Cameron discovered that electroshock treatment caused amnesia. He set about a programme that he called "de-patterning" which had the effect of erasing the memory of selected patients. Further work revealed that subjects could be transformed into a virtual blank machine (Tabula Rasa) and then be re-programmed with a technique which he termed "psychic driving". Such was the bitter public outrage, once his work was revealed (as a result of FOIA searches) that Cameron was forced to retire in disgrace.

From 1965 through to 1970, Defense Advanced Projects Research Agency (DARPA), with up to 70-80% funding provided by the military, set in motion operation PANDORA to study the health and psychological effects of low intensity microwaves with regard to the so called "Moscow signal". This project appears to have been quite extensive and included (under US Navy funding) studies demonstrating how to: induce heart seizures, create leaks in the blood brain barrier and production of auditory hallucinations. Despite attempts to render the Pandora programme invisible to scrutiny, FOIA filings revealed memoranda of Richard Cesaro, Director, DARPA, which confirmed that the programme’s initial goal was to "discover whether a carefully controlled microwave signal could control the mind." Cesaro urged that these studies be made "for potential weapons applications."[1]

Dr. Emery Horvath, a professor of physics at Harvard University has stated in connection to the generator that interferes with human brain waves that, "These electronic ’skull-zappers’ are designed to invade the mind and short circuit its synapses... in the hands of government technicians, it may be used to disorient entire crowds, or to manipulate individuals into self destructive acts. It’s a terrifying weapon."

In a 1993 US Air Command and Staff College paper entitled "Non Lethal Technology and Air Power", authors Maj. Jonathan W. Klaaren (USAF) and Maj. Ronald S. Mitchell (USAF) outlined selected NLT weapons. These included: "Acoustic" (pulsed/attenuated high-intensity sound, infrasound (very low frequency) Polysound (high volume, distracting) High-power microwaves (HPM) that possessed the capability of "deters/incapacitates people

the above quotes are taken from this link..

new topics

top topics

join