It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calls for Holder’s resignation double overnight

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Looks like things are heating up for Holder. What a difference a day makes.

Attorney General Eric Holder’s tenure in the Obama administration may be coming to an end. At least eight members of Congress have now called on Holder to resign over the growing Operation Fast and Furious scandal.

Republican Reps. Vicky Hartzler of Missouri, John Mica of Florida, Quico Canseco of Texas and Gus Bilirakis of Florida each told The Daily Caller on Thursday that they believe Holder should step down now. The number of members of Congress calling for Holder to end his career in government because of Fast and Furious is now eight, a number which has doubled in one day.

Let's hope this number to call for his Resignation continues to double. The writing is on the wall with Holder and if he does not resign, Obama should fire him if wants to even have a snow balls chance in hell in the 2012 election.

Rogue Holder has got to go.

patriotupdate.com...

I watched Hillary testify yesterday as to her knowledge of Fast and Furious and the Woman actually said that to the best of her recollection, she first heard about from the news press. Same story as Obama et.al. Amazing.

We have no record of any kind of notice or heads up. And, you know, I--my recollection is that I learned about it from the press. That's my recollection."

And more amazing testimony from Hillary

Mack then asked Clinton about whether DOJ had sought a license from the State Department to allow guns to cross the border into Mexico.

"Did the State Department issue the Justice Department a license or a written waiver in order to allow for the transfer of thousands of weapons across the U.S.-Mexico border?" Mack said.

"Well, Congressman, you know, this is the first time I've been asked this, and I can tell you that based on the record of any activity by the bureau that would have been responsible, we see no evidence," Clinton said. "But let me do a thorough request to make sure that what I'm telling you reflects everything we know."

Mack then told Clinton that he had sent her a letter on Wednesday pointing out that he believes federal law required the Justice Department to get a written waiver from the Stat Deparment to allow arms to be exported to drug traffickers in Mexico.

"Under he Arms Export Control Act, the Justice Department was required to receive a written waiver from the State Department to account for their intent to cause arms to be exported to drug cartels in Mexico," said Mack. "If no such waiver was received, Justice Department officials have violated the law. And you would agree with that, correct?"

"I cannot offer an opinion," said Clinton.

"I don't know," she continued. "I mean, this is the first time I'm being asked."

Is this the best we can do in our nation. The most powerful people in govt. simply have no clue or knowledge of anything. Hmmm.
cnsnews.com...
edit on 28-10-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
And exactly what is gained by his removal? They will insert another random thug to take his place that will be just as dirty, immoral and corrupt right away.

The problem with government and Washington does not rest with one person, it is with ALL of them. Give me a call when all of congress resigns after admitting there all shills bought and paid for by corporate lobbyists.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Holder has got to go remember way back when they said that 90% percent of all those guns came from the us?

"This war is being waged with guns purchased not here but in the United States . . . more than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that lay in our shared border," President Barack Obama said on a visit to Mexico on April 16, 2009. "So we have responsibilities as well."

www.politifact.com...

Now where would the Potus ever get that figure? Holder? Clinton? All of the above they are guilty here's another quote:

Obama joins many other U.S. and Mexican officials — from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to the Mexican ambassador to the U.S. — who have cited versions of the 90 percent figure in arguing for greater U.S. intervention. For his part, Obama has pledged to commit more money and resources to stem the flow of guns south of the border.

www.politifact.com...

They are ALL Guilty and should resign!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Obama is using Holder as the fall out guy.

I do not see Holder lasting to much longer.

Obama will say he had nothing to do with it
and it was all Holders fault.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

More like using Holder as a human shield. This is going to get tricky for I am sure that Holder holds the key to many of Obama's long lost secrets. I suspect, Holder will keep absorbing the hits as long as possible.

I read this the other day and got a good laugh. So maybe Holder should stick around for another year

Marc Thiessen's Washington Post article from earlier this week in which Holder is referred to as Obama's albatross. An albatross by its very definition is something that is "an obstacle to success." Under those circumstances, if Holder is an obstacle that will impede the re-election of Barack Obama then by all means he should remain right where he is at the Department of Justice.

Eric Holder is a constant reminder of President Obama's shortcomings. The longer Holder is around the less likely Obama will be.

spectator.org...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Thanks for the post, Jibeho.

The walls are caving in.....looks like Clinton should be next because her statement was just asinine.

They all knew....they all need to go. Why hasn't someone in Congress called for Obama's impeachment over this yet.? Bunch of God damned cowards.......

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Rogue Holder has got to go.

"Rogue Holder"......LOL

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
I don't want Holder's resignation. I want his arrest on an Accessory to Murder charge. If it can be proven that Hiliary, Joe and Barack had prior knowledge, I want their arrest as well. RICO should apply here quite nicely.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

One could only hope. Amazingly, all they have to say is " I dunno" and all is well. I want to see at least one GOP presidential candidate open this can of worms in a public forum. Time to take the soft gloves off and go with bare knuckles on Obama if there is going to be any success at beating him or impeaching him.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helious
And exactly what is gained by his removal? They will insert another random thug to take his place that will be just as dirty, immoral and corrupt right away.

The problem with government and Washington does not rest with one person, it is with ALL of them. Give me a call when all of congress resigns after admitting there all shills bought and paid for by corporate lobbyists.

Of course no gain for you, me, or any other stiff.

Do ya think they give a hoot and a half.

The next bonehead will keep quiet until the coast is clear.

Holders Boulders will be little rocks when he hammers 'em in prison

what? ME worry?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

"This war is being waged with guns purchased not here but in the United States . . . more than 90 percent of the guns recovered in Mexico come from the United States, many from gun shops that lay in our shared border," President Barack Obama said on a visit to Mexico on April 16, 2009. "So we have responsibilities as well."

Obama joins many other U.S. and Mexican officials — from Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to the Mexican ambassador to the U.S. — who have cited versions of the 90 percent figure in arguing for greater U.S. intervention. For his part, Obama has pledged to commit more money and resources to stem the flow of guns south of the border.

I agree with you. I too have seen this (90%) statement thoroughly fact-checked, and it's clearly and obviously false. I suppose one could argue that Fast and Furious was intended to make certain that 90% of those guns came from the US; that our government was doing everything in their power to make it true....

But then I don't know what to make of the statement that "...Obama has pledged to commit more money and resources to stem the flow of guns...." Surely as hell our own government couldn't be working at cross-purposes, both secretly increasing the flow of guns on the one hand and publicly spending money to decrease the flow of guns on the other hand....? Could they?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Ex_CT2

Those statements were blatantly false because all 3 had an active role in gunwalker and fast and furious and they increased them that what they meant by throwing more resources at the "problem" they were causing.

To put this simple it was Government talking about of it's butt like normal.
edit on 28-10-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I dont for one second believe that an operation with this kind of potential blowback,was not approved(perhaps even suggested to the LEOrg.)By higher levels of goverment than DOJ.
It looks very much like the attempt was being made to create a case for the tightening of gun laws in the USA, and gun confiscation eventually.
When the military has put countless dollars and science, into making a sturdy weapon that is usable by the many,
They have come up with some very enduring weapon frames which many shooters enjoy using because of the surplus prices for guns and ammo besides the enduring qualities of the weapon itself.
These military and related guns, along with handguns, are the primary target of the F&F operation.....
It is obvious to this shooter that the gubermint aims to hold fire superiority on the masses....
To do this they have to eliminate the weapons on the ,market that could even possibly compete with their own, if held in the hands of overwhelming numbers who are sufficiently motivated.
To this end the most of the light infantry weapons systems which have been developed over the time, are made unavailable to the citizen army that theoretically guards the constitution from all enemies both foriegn and domestic.
The maximum such a citizen army can produce in firepower is perhaps insufficient for the complex responsibility of such a charge.
That most of the Gunwalker guns were of the military and handgun classes, this is the classes of guns they wish to deny the populace of owning.
It has been happening for some time as they vilfy more semi automatis weapons by the mass murders which i am beginning to suspect may be scripted by mind control methods and devices at times to get public trauma bonding of a specific nature to what they require to accomplish the agenda.
I hope i am not paranoid but ill soon find out.....

edit on 28-10-2011 by stirling because: spellng

edit on 28-10-2011 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Holder has been up to his eyeballs in scandals for years. Congress has known for sometime what a rat he is and allowed him to be appointed anyway. He was involved in the OK bombing and in the WACO diaster. Instead of being appointed he should have been imprisoned. Now his involvement in Fast and Furious while commiting perjury. This is the Official to enforce US LAW. Give us all a break. 100 years or life would be too easy for him.

new topics

top topics

join