It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So it's October 28, 2011. This is what I saw this morning. Is it a sign?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitsuzen

Uh-oh........ that looks like one of them there earthquake rainbows.....

okay.... it doesn't..... just kidding.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Let me tell you, I've never believed in any of these "New Age" prophecies, and I certainly don't believe in the 2012 thing. I am perfectly willing to be surprised, but I won't be holding my breath. Not even for a second.

BUT I do believe that for whatever reason, there are special dates in each individual's life, and I believe that "ascensions", if you will - or even an "end of the world" - can happen at any time INDIVIDUALLY.
These individual "ascensions", or whatever one may call them, are every bit as relevant as an earth-shattering cataclysm.

So, if you felt it was a sign, well, maybe it WAS, and a very real one. A sign of something very important for you, personally. Or maybe it wasn't. But humans in general don't even know how to understand and communicate with each other, let alone read the rest of the creation. How could anyone else possibly tell you what it was or was not?.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother frequenting this community if I were you.
I don't know how it was before 2008 when I started visiting, but I know for sure it has never been, generally speaking, as ugly, trivial and irrelevant - not to mention boring - as it has become in the past year or two.
Does it feed you, in a meaningful way?
That's the question.

Good luck.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I personally am a believer, but that aside...

Since you mention the Cree, I'd suggest looking into the Hopi prophecies as well, if you haven't already. Interesting stuff:

The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder.

This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies.

This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle.

This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron. (railroads)

This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web. (electric lines?)

This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun. (highways)

This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it. (oil spills, etc.)

This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom. (hippies)

And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease. (skylab? ISS?)

These are the Signs that great destruction is coming. The world shall rock to and fro. The white man will battle against other people in other lands -- with those who possessed the first light of wisdom. There will be many columns of smoke and fire such as White Feather has seen the white man make in the deserts not far from here. Only those which come will cause disease and a great dying. (Middle east wars? Burning oil fields, etc.?)

Good times. I think I'll head out southwest and meet the Hopi sometime.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

What are you a believer of?
I don't believe in "religion". I do believe in Jesus, and God or Creator.
Yes, I have read the Hopi prophecies as well. Very interesting!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitsuzen
reply to post by Praetorius

What are you a believer of?
I don't believe in "religion". I do believe in Jesus, and God or Creator.
Yes, I have read the Hopi prophecies as well. Very interesting!

I'm also a believer in Jesus and our Father...as well as bible prophecy.

Perhaps I mistook your post where you said you don't believe in bible prophecy, apologies if so. Regardless, I just wanted to add on to the native americans. I think all of us, belief systems aside, would do well to pay them a lot more heed.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yes, it is unusual,. very much so in fact
the last time i saw one of those things is when the world was about to end..
Yikes,. I better get packin,. thanks for the heads up

edit on 28-10-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I don't know if it's a sign or not, but this is what came to mind when you discussed/linked the story about the Cree woman:

The ceremonies with the 13 Crystal Skulls kicked off yesterday, with the first ceremony being held in Manhattan:

"...Enroute from New York to Los Angeles the Elders will stop at specific power points to fulfill a prophecy which states that the time has come to reawaken the Spirit of the North American Continent so that it can reclaim itself as the sacred ground in whose soil would be sown the seeds for the enlightenment of all mankind. At each stop along the way ceremonial gatherings will be held to open the ground and raise the ancient energies that will fuel the Gateway Event in Los Angeles on 11:11:11..."
www.spiritofmaat.com...

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Yes, it is unusual,. very much so in fact
the last time i saw one of those things is when the world was about to end..
Yikes,. I better get packin,. thanks for the heads up

edit on 28-10-2011 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

Did you actually read my OP? I don't know where you live, but I don't wake up to huge rainbows in the sky every morning. Nowhere in my post did I say that the rainbow was a sign of the end of the world. In fact my reason for posting was to say the exact opposite of that. It is my hope that people will see this time as a new beginning. The rainbow after the storm. A time of rethinking this reality we have co-created through greed, corruption, hatred, jealousy and selfishness. To choose to be "Rainbow Warriors".To build ourselves a new and much better reality and world through acceptance, forgiveness, peace, creativity, compassion and LOVE for fellow humans, creatures of the earth, and the earth itself.
~Peace and Love~

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Ok, ease up on the defense
But if your gonna ask a question like,"is it a sign"
you really should expect some off the wall answers.
thinking a rainbow is really a special event just because YOU dont see them much
is a bit of a reach. This kind of thing does happen everywhere all over the world all the time.
Maybe you should travel more.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Signs are many things to many people. Butterflies, rainbows, odd glints of sunlight. It is the feeling that it triggers and the thoughts that ocure that determine if a sign is a sign or not.

I used to get ravens that would caw at me at work,those were signs.
When I was a 19 year old punk and had a butterfly land on my finger, that was a sign.
I found a ladybug on my window in January in Minnesota, that was a sign.

Kind of like the movie Bruce Almighty when he asked for a sign and a truckload of signs were right in front of him, some people wouldn't know one if it came up and bit them.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: cause I can

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy
Ok, ease up on the defense
But if your gonna ask a question like,"is it a sign"
you really should expect some off the wall answers.
thinking a rainbow is really a special event just because YOU dont see them much
is a bit of a reach. This kind of thing does happen everywhere all over the world all the time.
Maybe you should travel more.

I wasn't being defensive. I was just trying to clarify my intent with my original post. When I asked the question "Is it a sign?" I really was not looking for a yes or no answer. What I was trying to do was raise attention to the point that the world did not end today as some had feared, and we should use this as an opportunity for change. Yes, I know, there are many, many more so called "doomsdays". I just wish people would stop concentrating on the END of the world. I wish people would throw all that energy into imagining and then creating a better world for us all to share.

You are right I should travel more! I would love to! I live in South Louisiana and somehow I miraculously survived another incredibly hot and humid summer. Yay for cold fronts that bring cooler temps and RAINBOWS!

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
Signs are many things to many people. Butterflies, rainbows, odd glints of sunlight. It is the feeling that it triggers and the thoughts that ocure that determine if a sign is a sign or not.

I used to get ravens that would caw at me at work,those were signs.
When I was a 19 year old punk and had a butterfly land on my finger, that was a sign.
I found a ladybug on my window in January in Minnesota, that was a sign.

Kind of like the movie Bruce Almighty when he asked for a sign and a truckload of signs were right in front of him, some people wouldn't know one if it came up and bit them.

edit on 28-10-2011 by Darkblade71 because: cause I can

Well for one, I was very happy to see the sun rising (yes it was only one sun
). That was a sign that we are not in 3 days of darkness like some of the predictions.
NOT that I expected it to happen, but was aware of the prediction.

Secondly, seeing a rainbow instead of the sky falling was quite a treat. It wasn't only the rainbow, but the clouds around it were electric pink. It was beautiful! I wish I would have taken the time to go back inside for my "real" camera.
By the time I took the picture the sun was a little higher and it didn't look quite as mystical as it did at sunrise.

Actually I'm terrible at recognizing "signs". Every time I get one I always want another one just to make sure.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TXTriker
Just FYI, the D4rk Kn1ght thread said whatever happens will happen tonight - hence dark night? Can't see the stars dance in the daylight.

Not saying I believe just a detail.

Just fyi to YOU...

the D4rk Knight thread is a PROVEN HOAX anyway.

All this Oct. 28 stuff is pure BS.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdAstra

Let me tell you, I've never believed in any of these "New Age" prophecies, and I certainly don't believe in the 2012 thing. I am perfectly willing to be surprised, but I won't be holding my breath. Not even for a second.

BUT I do believe that for whatever reason, there are special dates in each individual's life, and I believe that "ascensions", if you will - or even an "end of the world" - can happen at any time INDIVIDUALLY.
These individual "ascensions", or whatever one may call them, are every bit as relevant as an earth-shattering cataclysm.

So, if you felt it was a sign, well, maybe it WAS, and a very real one. A sign of something very important for you, personally. Or maybe it wasn't. But humans in general don't even know how to understand and communicate with each other, let alone read the rest of the creation. How could anyone else possibly tell you what it was or was not?.

Honestly, I wouldn't bother frequenting this community if I were you.
I don't know how it was before 2008 when I started visiting, but I know for sure it has never been, generally speaking, as ugly, trivial and irrelevant - not to mention boring - as it has become in the past year or two.
Does it feed you, in a meaningful way?
That's the question.

Good luck.

Firstly, Thank you for respectful reply! Respect and common decency seem quite scarce in these parts. :/

I agree with you completely. Some of the new age theories are a little "out there" for me, but everyone has their own experiences and beliefs. I have been thinking about the whole ascension thing lately. It's not a crazy idea at all in my opinion. Whether individually or the whole planet at once.

I guess a "sign" is only a "sign" if the individual who receives it perceives it as such.

~Peace and Love~

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Double the sign?

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks for posting that! That has to be one of my all time favorite videos.

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
It means something to you if you think it means something to you and thats all you need to know. Maybe the rainbow was not just a sign for you but for someone else as well, like another ATSer. The mention of the ladybug in one of these posts means something to me, as well as the rainbow you speak of, and I thank you both. Ladybugs and rainbows. Deja Vue.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 28 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It means something to you if you think it means something to you and thats all you need to know. Maybe the rainbow was not just a sign for you but for someone else as well, like another ATSer. The mention of the ladybug in one of these posts means something to me, as well as the rainbow you speak of, and I thank you both. Ladybugs and rainbows. Deja View.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 1   >>

join